Chain Offbearer Job Description Sample
MSP Supply Chain Planner - Supply Chain
MSP Supply Chain Planner - Supply Chain # Chicago, IL
Job Snapshot # Location: Chicago, IL # Category: Administrative/Secretarial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 24 weeks # Pay Rate: N/A
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
10/24/2017 # Job ID: 56552 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 509/240-8128 # Fax:
Job Posting Title: Supply Chain Planner.
is looking for a Supply Chain Planner to work with our client, located in Chicago, IL . Our client is an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation. You will be responsible to pilot a new business venture, and work directly with the customer team to put robust weekly processes in place.
- The supply planner will be used to pilot a new business venture, and work directly with the customer team to put robust weekly processes in place. The Supply Planner contributes to the success of the Company by assisting with the management of supply chain processes and projects; including innovation launch execution, supplier development, and production performance results analysis and reporting. The Supply Chain Planner contributes to the success of BFSI by managing the execution of product availability, supply chain processes and projects; including innovation launch execution, in order to deliver high quality service to internal and external customers within desired timeframes. This position requires the ability to make immediate decisions while balancing customer and business needs. As the only U.S. based supply chain resource, employees in this position must have broad company knowledge of resources and product categories to support the varying request from PI markets.
Monitor, analyze and control weekly inventory, production and deployment levels to meet customer forecasts needs.
Responsible for resolving supply related delays, obstacles, conflicts and product supply issues to ensure efficient cost standards and high quality service KPI’s.
Develop and present monthly, department KPI results on Product Availability.
Develop action plans for continuous improvement of department scorecard milestones.
Monitor packaging material and inventory levels for all unique and bilingual offerings by teaming with internal manufacturing plants and 3rd party suppliers to minimize inventory (under/over) runs that may impact costs.
Responsible for ensuring successful implementation of unique and bilingual packaging changes with 3rd party supplier (Schawk) to meet established timelines with no impact to product availability due to delayed packing changes.
Sustain product and packaging project timelines and task updates to ensure on-time delivery.
Retain packaging tracking tool with (i.e. graphics, formula, nutritionals) updates to assure changes are communicated timely with no impact to importing markets (i.e. costs, inventory levels).
Maintain effective and continuous communication with PI markets on US supply chain developments, innovations and inventory levels for unique/bilingual and imported US items that may have a direct impact on service.
Coordinate, manage and/or lead export supply chain integration on a variety of projects as they relate to existing and new business program execution.
Monitor US project innovations Stage Gate agendas to flag department related issues and opportunities (i.e. new packaging, new items, discontinued items, etc.).
Lead and/or attend conference calls with PI markets/customers/market sale teams, on implementation of proactive solutions to customer service issues in order to meet the business goals.
Identify and implement export supply chain efficiencies for continuous improvements of the export operations.
Adapt US and Export operation interfaces (systems) to achieve increasingly sophisticated requirement of supply chain management.
Balance work to support current business and supply chain priorities and individual development.
Provide back-up assistance to other supply chain member as necessary. # Qualifications/
Spanish speaking/writing highly desired.
Excellent organization and time management proficiency
Ability to establish and follow priorities
Strong written and oral communication
Analytical and problem solving
Strong agility, collaboration, negotiation and influence skills
Desire to change status quo and champion new ideas
Influence others effectively, empower and delegate across various projects and business teams.
Understand, respect and accommodate varying unique cultural customs and business traditions
High proficiency with MS Office and SAP This is an estimated
6 months position in Chicago, IL and is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt is a world-class leader in the staffing services marketplace. Volt provides Contingent Staffing, Contingent-to-Hire, and Managed Service Programs to a variety of companies, including the Fortune 1000. Volt supplies workforce design solutions in Engineering, Information Technology, Scientific, Technical/Professional and other disciplines. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today! To learn more about
Volt , please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com # Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gcb4n2-Supply Chain Specialist 2 - Gcb-Supply Chain Management
PDS Tech, inc.is seeking a Supply Chain Specialist 1 for an open postiion in Hazelwood, MO
Assists in analyzing post production supply chain data to define reorder points and quantities.
Enters, tracks, monitors and coordinates customer material and delivery requirements and customer orders.
Processes material returned from customers.
Assists in the analysis of supplier and/or customer data regarding products or services to include repair capabilities, capacity and performance. Processes documentation associated with repair items and warranty claims. Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 1 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
SAP Supply Chain SAP Supply Chain Planning Experience
SAP Supply Chain SAP Supply Chain Planning experience
New York and most major hub cities.
Join this Client and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose This Client, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career. This unique career offers cutting-edge experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual who has a creative but analytical mindset. He or she should be self-motivated. This is not a job but fast tracking career in a very unique group of brilliant thought leaders who hand in hand with you wish to build something special. You would be one of the few at the beginning of this so you would be able to help establish your footprint on the vision which is a rare opportunity indeed. The position comes with opportunities for advancement within the department for the right candidate as well as exceptional benefits and a competitive salary
SAP professionals design, implement and deploy SAP solutions to achieve defined business goals. Maintain skills in SAP applications process design and configuration; SAPapplication design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and SAP application technical architecture.
SAP-SCM-APO Planning professionals design, implement and deploy SAP APO solutions covering demand Planning, supply Planning, production Planning and production scheduling, transportation Planning, available-to-promise processes and also service part Planning processes.
A professional at this position level within this Organization has the following responsibilities:
Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Organization on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Organization.
6 years of SAP APO (specifically SNC) and/or IBP implementation experience
At least 2 full life-cycle implementations
- Project Management, SAP SNC
Must be US based US Citizens, Green Card or EAD’s tied to Green Card process can be considered.
Supply Chain Rotational Co-Op - Spring 2018
Jabil is a global product solutions company providing comprehensive services to electronics and technology companies in a broad range of industries. Jabil helps customers turn ideas into products with its wide breadth of design, manufacturing and product management capabilities; allowing customers to think beyond their conventional marketplace and explore new opportunities. Jabil brings customer products to the market faster and more cost effectively by providing intelligent digital supply chain solutions around the world; empowering companies to be the change agents in their industries. Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, Jabil has 101 facilities in 28 countries and 180,000 employees worldwide.
Supply Chain Co-op – Spring 2018
As a co-op, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work on meaningful, substantive projects that span the global supply chain
- Meet key milestones and deliverables
- Collaborate across functions and geographies to achieve shared objectives
- Conduct research and analysis to generate insights and recommendations
- Leverage data analytics to draw conclusions
- Present findings to key stakeholders
- Partner with other co-ops on projects and initiatives
- Develop meaningful mentoring relationships and expand your professional network
- Travel to other offices/sites as needed
The co-op program consists of 3 rotations over the next 2 years. The first rotation will take place January – May 2018 in St. Petersburg, FL. Subsequent rotations may take place in San Jose, CA and Houston, TX. Graduation date must one semester after completion of final rotation.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Preferred majors include:
- Supply Chain
- Eligible to work for 3 semesters over the next 2 years
- Strong academic performance; 3.0 cumulative GPA or better preferred
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team-based environment
- Technical proficiency in MS Office
- Multilingual is a plus
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Supply Chain Planner
Greenville, SC, United States The Supply Chain Planner will drive improvements in the supply chain (in the areas of cost quality and service) communicate production requirements to domestic plants via the planning systems ensure plans are being executed and provide analysis and improvements to the planning data.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in supply chain or logistics including planning and project manager experience.
Six Sigma experience highly desirable.
Strong preference for candidates out of chemical or pharmaceutical industries.
CPIM or progress towards certification.
- EDUCATION: BS/BA • JOB DURATION: This job is full time and long term.
- COMPENSATION RANGE: 48000-65000/yr
Supply Chain Manager
BioTRUST Nutrition (www.BioTRUST.com) is America's #1 online nutrition and supplement brand and we are searching for a "Star", Supply Chain Manager to support our fast-paced Supply Chain Department. This candidate will work from Dallas, TX to complete their daily duties.
BioTRUST Nutrition develops and distributes an all-natural line of premium, scientifically-designed dietary supplements and all-natural food products without the use of hormones, artificial flavors, colors, additives or sweeteners. (The product line includes nutrition shakes, nutrition bars, protein cookies and various vitamins, minerals and herbal products.)
It's our team's mission this year to empower more than one million individuals world-wide to improve their nutrition, reduce body fat levels, increase performance, and positively transform their health through our informative articles, inspiring community, and our all-natural line of premium, scientifically-backed nutrition products.
Why YOU Should Work With US
- Competitive salary, bonus and equity opportunity.
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance.
- Matching 401k plan.
- Every day is casual Friday.
- All team members receive free BioTRUST nutrition products.
- Our Charitable Mission: For every order placed at BioTRUST.com we provide a meal for a hungry child in need. To date we have provided over 2.2 million meals to hungry kids and we have also donated over $1.35 million through our partnership with The Make a Wish Foundation® for children with serious health issues.
- Create purchase requests as recommended by the planning system or as requested by Supply Chain management and move them through the signoff process.
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers including tiered pricing and attaching to a specific revision of the Finished Product Specification. Manage supplier confirmation, PO revisions and on time delivery.
- Participate in RFQ process as requested by the Director of Supply Chain.
- Competent in knowledge of assigned products including:
- Understanding and assisting in driving change to the Finished Product Specification
- Driving quality improvements through manufacturers
- Knowledge of materials used in products and identifying potential supply issues
- Manage the Distribution Center for assigned items including receiving accuracy, inventory accuracy, cycle counts, quarantine and FEFO usage of stock to fulfill customer orders.
- Maintain planning tools for assigned items including forecasts, tracking marketing promotions and weekly sales, due dates for new orders and on hand and expiration of existing inventory.
- Participate in sourcing solutions for new and existing products as directed by senior managers.
- Responsible for communication flow between suppliers and A/P to insure timely and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Manage supplier quality issues including return material authorization, cause and corrective action documentation and supplier credits.
- Manage item attributes, order policies and bills of material in the planning system to insure accurate planning messages.
- Manage the inventory of BioTrust supplied materials stored at manufactures or finished goods at distributions centers and insures they are maintained at 95% or higher perpetual accuracy.
- Manage transportation of assigned items to insure quality and costs are controlled.
- Continuously evaluate the utilization of company resources to identify and recommend improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or could be offset with a combination of secondary education directly related to supply chain and five years or more experience in a supply chain management role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a buyer/planner role
- Prior experience in an MRP environment
- Procurement experience with nutritional/food products strongly preferred
- Solid experience managing suppliers and a solid track record of utilizing negotiation skills
- Background with purchasing law or cGMPs preferred
- Demonstrated track record of building strong relationships, showing flexibility, utilizing strong communication skills and incorporating “big picture” strategic thinking
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and strategy based on defined corporate goals and initiatives
- Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- APICS, ISM or NAPM training/certifications a plus
If you meet the aforementioned qualifications, and are interested in applying for this position, please apply on this site.
Thank you and we look forward to learning more about you.
Career Opportunities: VP Supply Chain And Production (2771)
Position: VP Supply Chain and Production
Organization Unit: Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc.
Liebherr Automation Systems, Co.
Department/Cost Center Code: Management (LGT 1AA)
Location: Saline, Michigan
Reports to: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Approved: July 24, 2017 Approver: P. Wiedemann
The VP Supply Chain and Production leads and directs the Manufacturing Operations function of Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc. and Liebherr Automation Systems, Co. in North America. This position has direct oversight of operational functions for the product lines. As the leader of procurement, engineering, assembly, and other key functions related to the success of the organization, the VP Supply Chain and Production will drive continuous improvement processes while implementing KPIs and metrics as well as encouraging team work, accountability and an engaged workforce. The duties of this position require supplier and customer visits, intercompany travel and activities related to aligning our North American operations to our global growth and localization strategies.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Essential Duties and
Overall ensure on time, within budget, reliable deliveries to customers while ensure quality standards in a safe environment.
Optimize leverage, capacity utilization, reliability and cost reduction.
Develop strategies, which further improve the production environment to exceed market expectations.
Work with sales leadership to validate market demand.
Assess supplier and operational performance including capacity utilization, scheduling, inventory management, cost competitiveness and recommend appropriate courses of action.
Develop supply chain and planning processes for North America.
Collaborate with the Global Supply Chain team to support local objectives.
Oversee QHSE and maintain the highest standards.
Ensure that supply requirements are developed and factored into the production plan of the manufacturing plant and other suppliers.
Improve shop floor performance by implementing corresponding methods (e.g. 5S).
Develop local competency for REMAN business.
Ensure shipping and receiving standards, procedures, and schedules are implemented according to established guidelines.
Report and/or recommend necessary changes to upper management.
Plan and anticipate future needs of the company with respect to facilities, tools, equipment, and personnel.
Responsibility includes direct reports associated with Assembly, Purchasing and Engineering.
Interview, hire and train employees.
Plan, assign and direct daily workload.
Evaluate performance and provide appropriate feedback.
Reward and discipline employees.
Address employee complaints and resolve problems.
Deep knowledge and experience in supply-chain and production processes
Thorough understanding of manufacturing/assembly planning and scheduling
Strong organizational skills and able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
Proficient in MS Office and familiar with ERP systems.
Must be capable of performing duties with limited supervision.
Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Ability to delegate while maintaining required results.
Must be able to handle stressful / pressure situations in a professional manner.
Ability to build strong relationships with all levels of the organization and across plants.
Availability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Maintain a valid driver?s license and passport.
Master’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field and 5 years of manufacturing
experience, or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to high voltage electricity, moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
Solutions Consultant – Supply Chain Software
Are you looking for a start-up environment, where you will help solve real-world large-scale supply chain challenges, work closely with management to help shape the future of the company, and develop new skills and experience on modern technology? If yes, think about NeoGrid.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic professional, eager to learn, contribute and make a difference while helping clients run a smarter and more efficient Supply Chain.
We have over 700 employees in 5 international offices and cover more than 8 countries supporting some of the largest retailers and brands worldwide. Located in downtown Chicago, our conveniently located office will provide you with a base to learn our products and take solutions to our clients.
NeoGrid provides B2B supply chain management solutions that are rapid to implement, easy-to use and complementary to existing systems, making supply chains more intelligent and flexible to continuously improve the flow of goods. Our SaaS model, integrated in a single cloud-based platform, enables suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers to synchronize every link of the supply chain and align supply with real demand.
The Supply Chain Solution Consultant’s primary responsibility is to ensure our clients are successful in using our products and services to meet their goals. As our company strives to be more competitive and successful, it’s our consultant’s role to make sure we are maximizing the value we can deliver to clients with our evolving capabilities and knowledge. The solution consultant will likely specialize in replenishment, trade promotion management, or collaborative forecasting depending on current demand and candidate’s strengths.
Location: Chicago, Illinois (Loop area)
- Run meetings with clients to specify business needs, uncover opportunities and guide them to a solution or plan using NeoGrid’s tool-kit.
- Collaborate with our local and offshore team to define, help execute requirements, and verify quality and sustainability of the solution you have designed for your client
- Perform analysis of supply chain data such as customer inventory, demand and trade data to ensure our solutions are processing and outputting valuable, actionable insights.
- Lead training sessions for customer end users on our solutions
- Use our methodologies and document the project requirements, methods and assumptions to ensure smooth transition to the customer team and our own customer support team
- Travel as needed up to 20%
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge in supply chain planning, replenishment, and intelligence solutions
- Ability to clearly communicate technical features/benefits/requirements to a range of Stakeholders
- Data analysis skills: comfortable comparing large data sets in Access or Excel; experience with database languages MS SQL & data visualization tools like Microstrategy also preferred
- Practical supply chain business experience in the areas of demand planning, replenishment, business intelligence is a major plus. Equivalent in education will be considered.
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving personality
- Confident and professionally assertive individual that can quickly gain trust of customers
- Enthusiasm for technology with drive to maximize personal knowledge-base
- Ability to quickly learn a customer’s business & think critically about how our capabilities can support and optimize their business
- Ability to manage project discovery phase, scoping, liaising with clients and users facilitating workshops and documenting user requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or other Technical areas preferred. Recent college graduate with degree in Supply Chain Management and little or no relevant work experience will be considered. Internship in Supply Chain Management desirable.
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To learn more about NeoGrid, visit our website at www.neogrid.com. (Please note: this position is not posted on our website and resumes will only be accepted via the above email address.) No phone calls please.
NeoGrid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NeoGrid provides B2B supply chain management solutions that are rapid to implement, easy-to-use and complementary to existing systems, making supply chains more intelligent and flexible to continuously improve the flow of goods. Our SaaS model, integrated in single, cloud-based platform, enables true collaboration among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers, to synchronize every link of the supply chain and align supply with real demand.
All solutions can also be delivered in a modular format, designed to grow with the individual needs of our clients and include Demand Planning and Replenishment, EPOS Visibility, DRP, VMI, CPFR, TPM and S&OP, among others. In addition, our integration capabilities allow us to connect to ERPs, other solutions and to external organizations and business partners.
Global Supply Chain Development Director
This position is responsible for supply chain performance and development to sustain the manufacturing of cleanroom supplies and contamination control solutions. The position has immediate oversight to production purchasing including commodity and all plant supply chain teams. Specific focus areas include supplier performance and risk management, total cost optimization, compliance to financial and regulatory controls, factory alignment to product level manufacturing schedules and forecasts, supplier capacity planning and capability development, inventory strategy and management, and execution of operational priorities and plans as related to supply chain operations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Select, manage, and develop functional managers and supporting staff across a global operations organization to meet current and future business requirements across a broad range of supply chain related disciplines.
· Develop, build consensus for and execute strategic sourcing decisions to benefit the Company. Includes creation of supply chain strategies for new and existing products and working with cross functional team to approve new key suppliers.
· Continuously improve product cost, quality, delivery and service levels.
· Drives optimization of inventory performance to balance Company investment with production service level requirements. Create raw material strategies with awareness of forecast volatility, factory space, product impact to business, and supply chain risk. Inventory plans will include supplier’s sub-tier raw material continuity risk mitigation.
· Ensures supply chain processes and functions to comply with designated financial and regulatory control requirements (includes Frank-Dodd Act (conflict minerals), small business administration (SBA), Sarbanes-Oxley Act, etc.).
· Represents supply chain function and supports compliance efforts as part of third party inspections or internal audits.
· Engages with cross-functional teams to routinely evaluate existing suppliers based on performance and risk, new suppliers for capability and business fit, as well as, help set criteria for supplier evaluation at a Company level.
· Develops and maintains department operating procedures and business systems to maintain compliance and future scalability to meet long term Company needs.
· Develops, communicates and drives execution of goals to meet operational priorities and plans as related to supply chain operations.
· Deploys and oversees supply chain risk management practices to ensure that business interruption, supplier capacity and capability risks are minimized. Identifies and creates business justifications for where Company investment is required to mitigate business risk for single and sole source suppliers.
· Deploys effective business processes to manage and maintain Company assets located at supplier operating locations.
· Participate in the continuous improvement of current systems and processes.
· Create and negotiate Supplier contracts to achieve the best cost, quality and delivery possible.
· Oversees supplier forecasting process to ensure short and long term visibility is available for supply chain capacity and delivery planning.
· BS degree or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in mixed volume manufacturing environments with high product complexity.
· 10+ years operations management experience with small to medium size manufacturing organization.
· Highly proficient in MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile.
· Working knowledge of material pull systems and other lean based material handling principles.
· Detailed understanding of material planning, factory scheduling and supply planning.
· Sets model for precision and thoroughness in all forms of communications.
· Strong capability in building consensus across varying functions and clarifying alignment toward designated business strategies
· Proven ability to lead a high performance team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
· Ability to direct and develop employees to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance. Successful track record with retaining key, high potential staff and recruiting new talent to scale with business demands.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to make effective presentations to peers and suppliers
· Ability to recognize potential team issues, proposed solutions and gains commitment of team and other peer managers.
· Proven experience and track record regarding supplier and inventory management across multiple manufacturing platforms, process improvement of complex logistics, negotiations and contract development.
Qualifications of Candidate:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
· Ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· Demonstration of accuracy and thoroughness
· Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; use reason when dealing with emotional situations; manage complex tasks
· Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstration of group presentation skills
· Ability to develop workable implementation plans and communicate changes effectively; build commitment and overcome resistance; prepare and support those affected by change; monitor transition and evaluate results
· Ability to delegate work assignments; give authority to work independently
· Ability to understand business implications of decisions; demonstrate market and competition
· Ability to work within approved budget; develop and implement cost saving measures; contribute to profits and revenue
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, business journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situation
· The Employee is expected to dedicate the time necessary to accomplish the given job requirements
· Frequent travel to Company facilities including overseas
· The Employee will dedicate personal time to further his/her education as it relates to work at Berkshire. This includes time spent reading relevant trade publications, journals, and textbooks.
· Adherence to Berkshire’s Code of Conduct and Professional Ethics Standards
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Desirable Skills / Experience:
· Excellent working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
· Physical Requirements include:
· Frequent standing, sitting, walking
· Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
· Close, peripheral and depth perception vision
· Normal noise level in office environment
Excellent benefit package
Leading international provider of cleanroom disposable products for critical environments
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Supply Chain Coordinator
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Department: Traffic Department
Reports to: Director of Logistics
Wage Scale: Salary
Education and /or Experience:
· BA/BS degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or Business, or Finance preferred.
· 2 to 3 years of transportation and freight cost management work related experience
· Good communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new challenges
· Project management experience preferred
· Knowledge of all modes of transportation preferred (LTL, TL, Rail, Internal Fleet, small parcel, ocean).
· Superior and accurate with word processing, MS Excel, graphs, and pivot table, AS400 System and Microsoft Outlook a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide ongoing analysis utilizing transportation, freight audit/payment and carrier databases to determine underlying causes of freight trends and provide recommendations for improvements.
· Reviewing current internal business processes (including warehouse) impacting transportation costs and make recommendations for improvement; lead projects to drive the implementation of the changes and monitor the results.
· Develop and present key performance metrics for the overall transportation network; metrics will cover service (transit time, on-time delivery, etc.) and expense.
· Initiate investigations into causes of misdirected shipments, damage or shortages in shipments; recommend improvements; implement solutions and monitor results of solutions.
· Support day-to-day tactical operations of the transport network; prepare all necessary shipping documentation and ensure that shipments are tracked to destination; work closely with merchandising teams, vendors/consolidator to schedule inbound freight to the Distribution Centers; work with outside freight audit companies on data capture and review; partner with store operations to support new store openings, store-to-store transfers, and various freight moves as needed.
· Determine most efficient and economical modes of transportation; streamline Shipping Procedures for inbound vendor moves, store-to-store transfers, and outbound shipments from the Distribution Centers.
· Apply continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
· Assist in monitoring other activity and reports to comply with SOX requirements and internal regulatory requirements.
· Maintain carrier performance scorecard, participate in carrier review meetings, and support carrier rate negotiation.
· Main Finance/Logistics interface for budget and P/L process. Provide visibility and tools to ensure Logistics P/L owners have accurate and timely information.
· Interact with the Vice President of Supply Chain and Supply Chain Directors on various supply chain initiatives.
· Analyze supply chain, transportation, and distribution network costs. Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!