Chair Upholsterer Job Description Sample
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing reupholstery service for commercial and domestic furniture including dining room, kitchen and office chairs. Experience with larger furniture a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Our Cushion Upholsterers are finalizing the most visible part of our seats. The upholstery work provides the first and most lasting impression of our product to our customer. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our team to reupholster chairs, booths and stools to provide the best visual outcome for our customers.
Responsible for the construction of all upholstered products assigned with the correct fabric specified by the customer and the inspection of SKUs that go through upholstery to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and
- Perform a variety of upholstery operations.
- Assembly of product with correct fabric specified by customer.
- Evaluate all damaged material prior to project.
- Complete inspection of finished chair to ensure a quality product prior to delivery.
- Marking of chair boxes with invoice number to ensure accuracy to the customer.
- Ability to operate power mobile material handling equipment.
- Properly Velcro, glue, and other upholstery components.
- Material movement from other departments.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Attention to continually changing model styles and colors is required.
- Attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Prior upholstery experience preferred, but we will train someone who is motivated to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong manual dexterity.
- Hardware recognition skills.
- Part number identification skills
- Ability to use air, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team environment.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours per day.
Education, Experience and
High school diploma
- Years of experience: Some experience working with upholstery in a warehouse or factory setting
- Computer proficiency a plus
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 130 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Shift: Day Job (1st)
This is an entry-level position starting at $10/hour. You must be able to perform the above duties with minimal supervision. This is small-to-medium parts assembly in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or apply in person.
One week paid vacation is available after one year of employment. Opportunities for growth will be available for exemplary performance.
Apply Now: Please include the following information: 1) when you can start (if chosen), 2) written
examples of your ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, 3) what city you live in, 4) and if you
Please send us your RESUME to the email link above and include professional references.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this ad if you are not ready to go to work.
● Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
● do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Upholsterer - Facilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Attach bindings or apply solutions to edges of cut material to prevent raveling.
Attach fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to covers or frames, using hand tools.
Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
Discuss upholstery fabrics, colors, and styles with customers, and provide cost estimates.
Draw cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencils, paint, or other methods.
Examine furniture frames, upholstery, springs, and webbing to locate defects.
Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, and/or staples.
Interweave and fasten strips of webbing to the backs and undersides of furniture, using small hand tools and fasteners.
Make, repair, and/or replace automobile upholstery and convertible and vinyl tops, using knowledge of fabric and upholstery methods.
Make, restore, and/or create custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods.
Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery by hand to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.
Remove covering, webbing, padding, and/or defective springs from workpieces, using hand tools such as hammers and tack pullers.
Stretch webbing and fabric, using webbing stretchers.
Maintain records of time required to perform each job.
Pick up and deliver furniture.
Repair furniture frames and refinish exposed wood.
Adjust or replace webbing, padding, and/or springs, and secure them in place. ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Completes all assigned work efficiently and accurately, with extra emphasis on attention to detail.
Restyles and relines old or worn out furniture.
Strips furniture of worn out fabric and padding, cuts patterns of each style of furniture by measuring and fitting, sews all pieces together by hand or sewing machine, reapplies padding, fits new lining to furniture and staples to woodwork
Strips and installs new layouts on all table games.
Maintains a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept clean, neat, and orderly at all times.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with all departments.
Works under minimal supervision, completing assigned tasks in a timely manner.
Performs all other job related duties as requested. REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION: * Experience as an Upholsterer.
Experience stripping and installing new layouts on all table games and repairing or re-upholstering chairs, sofas, and upholstered wall panels.
Working knowledge of all phases of upholstery repair and renewal.
Excellent customer skills.
Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Location: GSR&C; Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over # of openings: 1
Upholsterer / Sewer In Tampa
Experience is required. Working knowledge as a seamstress with industrial products such as vinyl and/or leather is a plus. Applicants will be required to demonstrate their sewing capabilities on test materials to validate current proficiency. Pay: $11.00/hour If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, apply now for immediate consideration.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Furniture Upholsterer with minimum 5 yrs experience. Must have your own upholstery hand tools such as staple puller, mallet,webbing stretcher etc.
Staple gun is provided. Must speak some English.
Processing upholstery production pieces by actively fabricating and developing upholstery for high-end, private label furniture; responsible to ensure efficient product movement and storage; responsible for abiding by all applicable local, state, and federal transportation guidelines.
- Essential functions of Position – properly operates manual and power tools; oversees cutting, layout and inventory of production piece-work; must be familiar or working knowledge of the upholstery process: be able to read and decipher written instructions, drawings, materials, equipment and parts; must invest attention to accuracy and detail; responsible for submitting production tracking sheets on a daily basis; must be familiar or have working knowledge of preparing, measuring and cutting upholstery materials to complete the required work assignment or deadline; uses time effectively; consistently observes company policies
- Safety – approaches work in safe manner; uses protective equipment appropriately; maintains good work safety record and encourages others to do same; notifies management of unsafe conditions / hazards
- Operations, Maintenance, Care of Equipment/ Inventory– Exhibits good habits; follows tool operating specifications; maintains work area clean and tidy, inspecting daily; identifies and reports issues in a timely manner; ensures other teammates follow safety and cleanliness guidelines
- Planning / Teamwork – works effectively towards building team, focuses on unit goals; is proactive about trying and suggesting improvements; accepts and performs new assignments positively
- Knowledge of Duties– Knows the duties and responsibilities of work performed; recognizes and proactively deals with problems; has general knowledge of related work in other areas
- Policies, Attendance, Punctuality – arrives to work timely, prepared, with clean, neat appearance; follows policies, rules, regulations; avoids unnecessary delays; observes meal periods, breaks, and quitting times; gives appropriate advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Assignments – displays interest in assignments; accepts guidance and feedback; requests direction as needed; maintains positive outlook towards assignments; is customer-oriented in performance of assignments
- Customer / Vendor and Interpersonal Relations – exhibits strong customer service and courtesy; deals responsibly with issues and informs supervisor; deals professionally with customers; maintains professional interactions with co-workers; trains and guides less experienced personnel
- Will comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and warehousing requirements by following company policies and procedures; will enforce adherence to requirements by reporting as appropriate; advising management on needed actions.
- Will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as required.
- Will exemplify the Company values
Dependability, Organization, Safety Focus, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Deadline-Oriented Judgment.
Tools and Equipment Used: Manual and power tools; calculator, ruler, scissors, and other basic and commonly used tools to develop and complete an upholstery production project.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is commonly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to100 pounds with necessary precautions and/or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be willing and able to submit to a pre-employment physical.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near tools: power and hand tools, moving machinery and mechanical parts, vehicles or/in outside warehouse conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to warehouse temperatures: cold, and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy, common to a warehouse environment.
Our interior designers transform empty properties into homes that look both luxurious and lived in, enticing buyers with style and sophistication that feels just within their reach.
Meridith Baer Home has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, CNBC, and The Discovery Channel. We have been featured in New York Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times Magazine, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Daily Mail UK, Los Angeles Magazine, Wallpaper Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.
In 2013 HGTV premiered Staged To Perfection, a docuseries following Meridith and our team of designers staging multimillion-dollar homes, bringing the company to international attention. Widely regarded as best in the industry, Houzz named MBH Best in Design 2014 and 2015. Our homes sell 80% faster and for 20% higher prices than un-staged homes. On average, we install 150 properties per month and those sell in less than 30 days.
We maintain 250,000 square feet of warehouse space worldwide overflowing with furniture, artwork, rugs, lighting, plants, and accessories. We also design and manufacture our own signature furniture (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info). With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and London, we offer staging, luxury furniture leasing, and private interior design.
Your space has a story. Meridith Baer Home brings that story to life.
MBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, creed, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Overview Working directly under a trainer, this position performs routine and repetitive tasks to fit and secure material onto armatures using clearly defined and established instructions. There are multiple shift schedules: Day, Swing, and Weekend shift. Please answer the supplement questions with your preferred shift(s). There is no right or wrong answer! Your candid answer will help us find you the best position for you; it's truly about what is best for you, and your schedule. Responsibilities
Glues foam to armatures.
Forms, glues and staples vinyl to foamed armatures.
Assembles and packages doctor and assistant stools.
Works with assemblers and area Unit Specialists to exchange work information.
Achieves and maintains quality and productivity standards, follows all safety guidelines, and maintains acceptable dependability level. Qualifications
Demonstrated manual dexterity required.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English with a demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
Understanding of proper hazardous waste disposal. Preferred Qualifications
Previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required. Drug screen and background check required. A-dec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, A-dec will not discriminate against applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another. *VEVRAA Federal Contractor” Job ID2017-1571 # of Openings1 ShiftVaries CategoryManufacturing
Upholsterer / Re-Upholsterer
A&W Upholstery Co. is hiring quality Upholsterers. Both just for upholstery of new pieces and re-upholstery of vintage and residential furniture pieces. being able to cut and sew is a plus and would be taken into your pay consideration. Skills set will determine pay.
Auto upholsterers welcome to apply!
Drug and alcohol free please, and good work ethic is a must.
Some part time hours may be considered based on need.
We are trying to put together a solid team at our new location. This is a great opportunity to take part in many notable jobs in and around Nashville.
We look forward to meeting you!
We look forward to meeting you.
Are you an experienced upholsterer or seamstress looking for work with an up-and-coming local company? We have an awesome opportunity!!!
American Workforce Group is looking to fill an upholstery position. This company does a lot of contract and custom jobs and they need help! They are growing rapidly and are searching for a reliable skilled employee to join their team.
Candidate will be sewing, cutting patterns, assembling and disassembling furniture, and sculpting foam.Must have knowledge of basic hand and power tools. There is a ton of potential for growth within the company because they are rapidly expanding.
- Must pass a sewing test at the client site
- Verifiable work experience in the field
- Ability to lift 75lbs without assistance
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Some travel may be involved - paid by the company
- Some background restrictions apply
- Pay depends on experience
- Day shift, occasional weekends and overtime
- Usually Monday through Friday
American Workforce Group is a locally owned staffing agency partnering with many of Cowlitz County's top employers. Our mission statement: “We positively impact people and our community by placing motivated qualified individuals at great places to work.” If you're a motivated, qualified individual we want you!!
To apply for this and other positions, please visit our website at www.americanworkforcegroup.com or send your resume in Word format to email@example.com and follow up with a telephone call (360) 200-4900. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8 am- 5 pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, and any other status protected by law.
Call (360) 388-6900 or (360) 200-4900 for more information.
American Workforce Group "Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity"
Massoud Furniture Manufacturing Co. is hiring full time experienced furniture upholsters to build sofas, chairs, ottomans and other items at our production facility located at 8351 Moberly Lane, Dallas, TX 75227. The position requires experience using staples guns, nail guns, and other upholstery tools. Must have an eye for detail and work with speed and accuracy.
*The position requires the ability to move items weighing in excess of 100 lbs and you must be able to stand for long periods of times.
*Hours are 6:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday with occasional Fridays.
*Pay is based on experience
Norix is seeking an Upholsterer to join our growing team.
Norix is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and energetic individual to join our growing team as an Upholsterer. The selected individual will be responsible for the preparation of wood/plastic components for multiple Norix seating products along with attaching fabrics using staples and adhesives.
This position involves repetitive motions including standing, bending, stretching, twisting, and lifting.
· Knowledge of Upholstery, or a willingness and dedication to learn these skills
· Utilize tools such as pneumatic staple gun, scissors, staple puller, pliers, tape measure, and adhesive spray guns
· Able to Understand, Read, and Write English is preferred
· Able to lift 50 pounds minimum unassisted
· Able to stand 8 hours per day
Norix is a provider of high quality, durablecommercial furniture specially designed for challenging environments. Norix products go beyond institutional furniture, integrating contemporary design and color with robust structural integrity.
throughout the U.S.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!