Chair Upholsterer Job Description Sample
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing reupholstery service for commercial and domestic furniture including dining room, kitchen and office chairs. Experience with larger furniture a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Our Cushion Upholsterers are finalizing the most visible part of our seats. The upholstery work provides the first and most lasting impression of our product to our customer. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our team to reupholster chairs, booths and stools to provide the best visual outcome for our customers.
Responsible for the construction of all upholstered products assigned with the correct fabric specified by the customer and the inspection of SKUs that go through upholstery to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and
- Perform a variety of upholstery operations.
- Assembly of product with correct fabric specified by customer.
- Evaluate all damaged material prior to project.
- Complete inspection of finished chair to ensure a quality product prior to delivery.
- Marking of chair boxes with invoice number to ensure accuracy to the customer.
- Ability to operate power mobile material handling equipment.
- Properly Velcro, glue, and other upholstery components.
- Material movement from other departments.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Attention to continually changing model styles and colors is required.
- Attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Prior upholstery experience preferred, but we will train someone who is motivated to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong manual dexterity.
- Hardware recognition skills.
- Part number identification skills
- Ability to use air, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team environment.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours per day.
Education, Experience and
High school diploma
- Years of experience: Some experience working with upholstery in a warehouse or factory setting
- Computer proficiency a plus
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 130 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Shift: Day Job (1st)
This is an entry-level position starting at $10/hour. You must be able to perform the above duties with minimal supervision. This is small-to-medium parts assembly in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or apply in person.
One week paid vacation is available after one year of employment. Opportunities for growth will be available for exemplary performance.
Apply Now: Please include the following information: 1) when you can start (if chosen), 2) written
examples of your ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, 3) what city you live in, 4) and if you
Please send us your RESUME to the email link above and include professional references.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this ad if you are not ready to go to work.
● Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
● do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Finish Pros is seeking an experienced upholsterer to join our team in Raleigh, NC. We are looking for candidates that have extensive experience doing re-upholstery. We operate a first class operation and seek first class talent.
Finish Pros is located in Raleigh, NC. Raleigh is considered one of the most desired areas in the nation to work and raise a family. Finish Pros is centrally located with a great working environment including a climate controlled studio and new equipment. We have a constant flow of good quality projects and offer very competitive wages.
We invite you to join our outstanding staff of Master Upholsterers. We are a highly professional team of craftsmen who offer a unique combination of restoration services ranging from furniture restoration to reupholstery. Our sales approach provides solutions to our clients that allows them to maximize their budget while lessening their environmental impact.
We enthusiastically strive to exceed our client's expectations, and we are committed to providing excellent customer service. Since 2012, Angie's List awarded Finish Pros with the prestigious super service award.
Reupholstery of residential and commercial furniture
Sewing, cutting and applying fabric
Padding, webbing and spring repair
Working with a variety materials ranging from vinyls to silks
Must have a least 5 years of upholstery experience
Paid by the piece, 45k +
Upholstery Artisan's are In Great Demand !!! Immediate Hire ! Great Pay, Benefits- Vacation, Holidays and Bonuses. Come work with our professional Award winning team Right Now!
* Flexible Full and Part Time Hours
* VERY Busy family shop year around Since 1988
* Hiring Experienced Upholsterers and Apprentices
* Fun Work Environment With A Professional Fun Staff
Call Now To Schedule An Interview And Start Working Immediately.
Reliable hard work ethic
Positive working environment
Inside/Outside Upholsterer (Lenoir , NC)
Inside/outside Upholsterer (Lenoir , NC)
The right candidate will upholster inside/outside sections of chairs and sofas. Tack material along the front rails, outside and inside arms, and onto top outside back. Also, places padding and material over seat springs and arms, then tacks it.
Must be able to pass a drug test.
Pay is DOE.
152 Main Street East
Valdese, NC. 28690
351 Sanford Dr
Morganton, NC 28655
Processing upholstery production pieces by actively fabricating and developing upholstery for high-end, private label furniture; responsible to ensure efficient product movement and storage; responsible for abiding by all applicable local, state, and federal transportation guidelines.
- Essential functions of Position – properly operates manual and power tools; oversees cutting, layout and inventory of production piece-work; must be familiar or working knowledge of the upholstery process: be able to read and decipher written instructions, drawings, materials, equipment and parts; must invest attention to accuracy and detail; responsible for submitting production tracking sheets on a daily basis; must be familiar or have working knowledge of preparing, measuring and cutting upholstery materials to complete the required work assignment or deadline; uses time effectively; consistently observes company policies
- Safety – approaches work in safe manner; uses protective equipment appropriately; maintains good work safety record and encourages others to do same; notifies management of unsafe conditions / hazards
- Operations, Maintenance, Care of Equipment/ Inventory– Exhibits good habits; follows tool operating specifications; maintains work area clean and tidy, inspecting daily; identifies and reports issues in a timely manner; ensures other teammates follow safety and cleanliness guidelines
- Planning / Teamwork – works effectively towards building team, focuses on unit goals; is proactive about trying and suggesting improvements; accepts and performs new assignments positively
- Knowledge of Duties– Knows the duties and responsibilities of work performed; recognizes and proactively deals with problems; has general knowledge of related work in other areas
- Policies, Attendance, Punctuality – arrives to work timely, prepared, with clean, neat appearance; follows policies, rules, regulations; avoids unnecessary delays; observes meal periods, breaks, and quitting times; gives appropriate advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Assignments – displays interest in assignments; accepts guidance and feedback; requests direction as needed; maintains positive outlook towards assignments; is customer-oriented in performance of assignments
- Customer / Vendor and Interpersonal Relations – exhibits strong customer service and courtesy; deals responsibly with issues and informs supervisor; deals professionally with customers; maintains professional interactions with co-workers; trains and guides less experienced personnel
- Will comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and warehousing requirements by following company policies and procedures; will enforce adherence to requirements by reporting as appropriate; advising management on needed actions.
- Will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as required.
- Will exemplify the Company values
Dependability, Organization, Safety Focus, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Deadline-Oriented Judgment.
Tools and Equipment Used: Manual and power tools; calculator, ruler, scissors, and other basic and commonly used tools to develop and complete an upholstery production project.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is commonly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to100 pounds with necessary precautions and/or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be willing and able to submit to a pre-employment physical.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near tools: power and hand tools, moving machinery and mechanical parts, vehicles or/in outside warehouse conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to warehouse temperatures: cold, and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy, common to a warehouse environment.
Our interior designers transform empty properties into homes that look both luxurious and lived in, enticing buyers with style and sophistication that feels just within their reach.
Meridith Baer Home has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, CNBC, and The Discovery Channel. We have been featured in New York Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times Magazine, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Daily Mail UK, Los Angeles Magazine, Wallpaper Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.
In 2013 HGTV premiered Staged To Perfection, a docuseries following Meridith and our team of designers staging multimillion-dollar homes, bringing the company to international attention. Widely regarded as best in the industry, Houzz named MBH Best in Design 2014 and 2015. Our homes sell 80% faster and for 20% higher prices than un-staged homes. On average, we install 150 properties per month and those sell in less than 30 days.
We maintain 250,000 square feet of warehouse space worldwide overflowing with furniture, artwork, rugs, lighting, plants, and accessories. We also design and manufacture our own signature furniture (please email email@example.com for more info). With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and London, we offer staging, luxury furniture leasing, and private interior design.
Your space has a story. Meridith Baer Home brings that story to life.
MBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, creed, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Upholsterer - Commercial
Are you an experienced upholsterer or seamstress looking for work with an up-and-coming local company? We have an awesome opportunity!!!
American Workforce Group is looking to fill an upholstery position. This company does a lot of contract and custom jobs and they need help! They are growing rapidly and are searching for a reliable skilled employee to join their team.
Candidate will be sewing, cutting patterns, assembling and disassembling furniture, and sculpting foam.Must have knowledge of basic hand and power tools. There is a ton of potential for growth within the company because they are rapidly expanding.
- Must pass a sewing test at the client site
- Verifiable work experience in the field
- Ability to lift 75lbs without assistance
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Some travel may be involved - paid by the company
- Some background restrictions apply
- Pay depends on experience
- Day shift, occasional weekends and overtime
- Usually Monday through Friday
American Workforce Group is a locally owned staffing agency partnering with many of Cowlitz County's top employers. Our mission statement: “We positively impact people and our community by placing motivated qualified individuals at great places to work.” If you're a motivated, qualified individual we want you!!
To apply for this and other positions, please visit our website at www.americanworkforcegroup.com or send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow up with a telephone call (360) 200-4900. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8 am- 5 pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, and any other status protected by law.
Call (360) 388-6900 or (360) 200-4900 for more information.
American Workforce Group "Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity"
Express Employment Professionals is actively recruiting an experienced Furniture Upholster. This is a great opportunity to become a part of a Furniture Manufacturer whom specializes in both Residential and Commercial Furniture. Furniture Upholsters measure, fit, cut and sew upholstery for chairs and couches. This is a full time, temp to hire 7:30- 4pm, starting at $15/hr or DOE.
- Blueprint Reading
- Measure and Cut patterns according to customer specs
- Use of hand and power tools: staple gun, scissors, tape measure, hammer, etc.
- Use industrial sewing machine and regular sewing machine
- Communication with team members to discuss any issues with job orders
- Attaching fabric to different types of material (wood, wicker, aluminum, etc.)
- Removal of old upholstery from various types of furniture
- Prepping furniture for new fabric.
•Previous Upholstery Experience (Automotive, boat, residential or commercial)
•Ability to follow both oral and written instructions
•Proficiency with Measuring, Cutting and Sewing Fabric
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Proficient at shop math, especially fractions
- Stand, bend, twist, kneel, walk and move for 8+ hours a shift
- Maneuver and manipulate furniture of various sizes
Apply online or in person at our office:
We can help you or someone you know find the type of work that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today: https://www.expresspros.com/oregoncityor/.
We are located at: 900 Main Street Suite 106 Oregon City, OR 97045
Need more information about this job? Please contact Kellie Duncan at 503.654.36500
Express is here to help you land a career with a great company! Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. While working through Express Employment Professionals you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation time, 401K and bonus opportunity.
A family owned and operated upholstery business serving residential and commercial customers throughout the Garden City, as well as nation-wide is looking for an UPHOLSTERER. Our shop is now second generation owned and well past our 60th year in the business.
We've gained plenty of loyal customers throughout the years because of our commitment to quality, our range of services and our overall exceptional customer service.JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:Regular performance reviews are based on the following: Ongoing customer support | Saving time and money | InnovationPOSITION DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the entire upholstery process Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples.
Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications. Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, or foam padding to form smooth, rounded surfaces. Make, restore, or create custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods.
Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE 5-10 years as an upholsterer. Pictures of past work are a bonus so quality work can be seen.PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: The position requires the following:
Eyes or glasses/contacts can see normally for fine details of production Hand and eye coordination when using sharp cutting tools Long periods of standing at work stations on concrete floors. Some accommodations can be made.
Stage 2 Upholsterer - Nemschoff
*About this Opportunity
As a Stage 2 Upholsterer working at Nemschoff, you'll upholster products and/or related parts in a manufacturing setting at a standard rate of work based upon customer demand and Lean manufacturing principles to satisfy the customer and provide high quality products delivered in a timely manner. You will assist and train other Upholsterers on new or existing products. You'll also problem-solve with the assistance of other team members and seek continuous improvement. All of your activities will be performed and completed with a high regard for the safety of others and yourself. You may also learn additional functions by cross-training in other departments. What You'll Do You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Use and maintain air tools for optimal performance.
Confirm work processes when a new chair, component, or method is introduced.
Follow Nemschoff's standard quality guidelines for all products.
Follow Nemschoff's recycling procedures for the proper disposal of items.
Follow the requirements of good documentation practices when handling quality records or controlled documents.
Inspect your work for quality, perform rework, and report problems to supervisors.
Keep the work space clean and organized.
Learn and utilize the proper method of upholstering each piece of furniture and continue to follow this exact method of upholstery thereafter.
Work in a team environment.
Work overtime as needed for production needs.
Work with a safety-oriented mind set.
Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Properly apply cambric, velcro, tack strip, glue, and other upholstery components.
Read shop order prints to determine the appropriate components required to upholster each piece of furniture properly.
Recognize flawed or damaged components to determine the compatibility between components and properly report problems to supervisors or Flow Coordinators.
Restock individual supplies.
Utilize a steamer or iron to ensure the production of quality components.
Utilize Lean manufacturing principles as trained or directed. Sound Like You? You might be just who we’re looking for if you have... * A high school diploma or GED.
The ability to learn the different application of products.
Interpersonal skills and the ability to be accepting of criticism. You'll also need to be patient and persevering.
The ability to remain focused.
The ability to read and interpret documents such as shop order prints.
The ability to communicate problems with upholstery materials to the proper supervisors.
The ability and understanding to carry out detailed and straightforward written or oral instructions.
The ability to solve smaller problems that may arise while upholstering and to perform critical thinking processes.
The ability to occasionally use scissors, nippers, regulators, staple pullers, side cutters, drivers, box cutters, or other hand tools.
The ability to work overtime as needed for production needs.
The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations. Who We Are At Nemschoff, we focus on nurturing creative people, innovative thinking, and forward-looking healthcare solutions. Our unique combination of experience, insights, skills, and willingness to try new ideas makes us a leader in the industry. Part of the Herman Miller family, we have a design-focused, environmentally responsible approach and a commitment to craftsmanship that has been a part of our culture since 1950. Based in the lakeshore city of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, we offer a high quality of life, a rewarding team atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package. We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Ready to apply? View a list of our open positions and apply online at nemschoff.com/careers or at our parent company, Herman Miller. /Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities./
Title:Stage 2 Upholsterer - Nemschoff
Hiring for furniture upholsterers for local furniture shop in North Richland Hills area. *Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples. *Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications. *Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, or foam padding to form smooth, rounded surfaces. *Make, restore, or create custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods. *Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces. Knowledge required: *Production and Processing Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. *Design Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!