Chalk Cutter Job Description Sample
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - All Shifts - Relocation To Texas
ISCAR METALS, INC., a dynamic and innovative cutting tool company has opening for a Tool & Cutter Grinder Operators - all shifts at our Arlington, Texas facility. If relocating, relocation package & sign on bonus available for the right individual.
1st shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm
3rd shift: 11:00am – 7:30pm
Responsible for setting up and operating the ANCA tool grinders for the production of solid carbide cutting tools. Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the ANCA machines to ensure production efficiency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Setup and operate ANCA Tool Grinders
- Setup and operate Zoller Genius 4
- Dress wheels using Rush dressing unit
- Conduct “in-process” inspections and first article inspections in the absence of QA inspectors
- Perform other duties as assigned
 Setup includes, but is not limited to, selecting wheels, programming, selecting and installing fixtures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience setting up and operating tool and cutter grinders
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Ability to use precision metrology equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Must have ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a member in a team environment
 Metrology equipment includes, but is not limited to, tool presetters, height gages, micrometers, calipers and Zoller.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Life and Disability Insurance
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISCAR METALS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, non-job related handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Celebrating 65 years of Innovation, Iscar is a full- line ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified manufacturer and supplier of precision carbide metalworking tools. As a result of its high quality and original products, this multinational company is a world leader in supplying metal removal products to major industries, including automotive, aerospace, dies and mold and a variety of mass production industries. Iscar continues to provide the most economical solutions for the metalworking industry. Iscar is currently represented in over 60 countries worldwide.
Iscar's growth continues as a result of innovation and providing its customers with the very latest, most efficient metal cutting technology in the world.
Our USA Headquarters, located in Arlington, Texas, houses our national distribution, customer service and special tooling manufacturing centers. Our technical center for seminars and demonstrations is also located on this campus where we frequently conduct new product and specialty seminars.
Iscar promotes creative thinking and productive teamwork to achieve its business objectives within todays competitive market place. Come join our team, where innovation never stops and job satisfaction is our goal. Iscar provides a full compensation package.
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Iscar Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Third Shift CNC Machinist/Operator - Gear Cutter
We have a THIRD SHIFT opening available for a CNC Machine Operator - Gear Cutter. Currently the position involves set-up and operation of CNC machines.
Experience and Educational Requirements
CNC degree and/or experience required.
- Set-up and operate CNC machines and other types of equipment as requested.
- Must be able to use all gauges to complete inspection of parts.
- Keep accurate and timely records required in job.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area, and properly use and maintain the equipment.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Manufacturing Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company's expectations.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company's production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have aptitude required to understand and apply directions for operating various machinery.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Must have experience setting up and operating CNC equipment for a minimum of 2 years. Experience with robotics is a plus.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
Prescription Drug Card
Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Retirement Plan, including 401(k) and Profit Sharing
The meat cutter is responsible for the cutting and processing of custom orders and standard inventory items.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life items to the supervisor.
Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests.
Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels set forth by supervisor.
Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines.
Assemble and tear down any equipment in work area at the beginning and/or end of your shift.
Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to you.
Manage profitability by achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
Participate in daily stretching activities to prevent employee injury.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Prior experience with portion cutting meat
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-80 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Cutting vinyl and nylon materials from patterns using a cutting table, spreading machine and an electric knife.
-Set up rolled goods
-Set up spreading machine
-Maintain and set up equipment to run orders
-Make patterns for appropriate cuts
-Submit daily and monthly inventory counts
Die Cutter Operator- All 3 Shifts
JOB SUMMARY: Set up and run Die Cutter equipment. Clean and maintain equipment. Also must be able to meet or surpass production and quality standards.
1. Set- up make ready’s accurately and efficiently.
2. Have sample approved by customer
3. Have all jobs signed off by supervisor before running
4. Run production product
5. Maintain QC pulls
6. Clean and maintain equipment.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
8. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
9. Adhere to all SQF policy and procedures.
10. Understand and follow job ticket instructions.
- Organizes, directs temporary labor in working area as needed.
- Adhere to all QC Policies and Procedures.
- Accurate load tags
- Follow all GMP’s
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keep other production employees informed as to shift plans and progress.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effective function in pressure situations.
Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing packaging materials. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of product or even bags of refuse. You will be required to wear safety glasses during sanitation. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle objects or things, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a normal packaging atmosphere and the situations that it may expose (noise, temperatures, etc.).
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable. Requires bending, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- May be required from time to time to lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- May be required from time to time to push/pull up to 250 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking to hire an Experienced Concrete Cutter with 3+ years’ experience. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. We are looking for qualified, dependable, responsible, and most of all safety conscientious saw cutting / operators. Need experience running a skid steer and lull and have the understanding that miscellaneous demo work will be required. Pay range based on experience and skill level. This is a temp to hire position.
Minimum Skills &
- Slab Sawing
- Radius Cuts
- Flush Cuts
- Hand Sawing
- Chain Sawing
- Core Drilling
- Track & Wire Cutting is huge plus!
Founded in 2008, Quality Labor Management LLC (QLM) is changing the way staffing works. QLM has a stable workforce of skilled and semi-skilled people on payroll. This allows our clients to have the same quality personnel available without the burden of having them permanently on staff. On average it takes two weeks to bring someone into a company on staff, and there are no guarantees; with QLM we reduce that time to one day and guarantee that they work or the customer pays nothing for the first day. With the current unemployment rate being at a 20 year high; QLM saves time for the customer from screening through the thousands of applications and send only the "A" Candidates. QLM has a strict screening process that eliminates more than half of our applicants, thus increasing the quality while reducing the time it takes to get the right person on staff. Time is money and QLM saves the client both!
Quality Labor Management is an equality opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discrimination of employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status or any other legally-protected status will not be tolerated. Quality Labor Management is proud to provide a drug-free workplace.
Manual Cutter Grinder
Looking for a cutter grinder with experience (radius grinding a plus). Lots of room for growth. Compensation dependent on level of experience.
Bobst Die Cutter
• We are seeking a skilled BOBST die cutter operator who can set up a cutter to cut variety of layouts while meeting production and quality goals.
• JOB Responsibilities :
• Maintain safe work habits and a safe working environment in the Die Cutting area and at all times.
• Assure that Standard Operating Procedures are followed through all processes of make ready, quality deliverables and general maintenance on the Die Cutting Machine.
• Serve as the leader of the team assigned to the set-up, operation and daily maintenance of the Die Cutter Machine.
• Oversee the operation of all components of the Die Cutting Machine, from feeding through delivery.
• Perform fine-tune adjustments during the course of production
• Work directly with leads, Supervisor, Department Manager on approvals and quality checks.
• Utilize communication skills with operators, Leads and supervision regarding the control of operation and quality of product on the Die Cutting Machine
• Maintain & control all documentation pertaining to the set-up, operation, quality control and maintenance of the Die Cutting machine
• Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
• Maintain excellent Housekeeping in the Die Cutting area
• Mentor, monitor and direct all helpers assigned to the Die Cutting Machine.
• Additional hours above regular scheduled shift may be possible to cover for absences or vacation days and to meet production needs
• JOB WILL INVOLVE THE ABILITY TO:
• Perform continuous standing and walking
• Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs. intermittently and up to 75lbs. rarely.
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
• Use hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push pull and fine manipulation.
• Work at and/or below shoulder level.
• High School Diploma/GED and Basic Computer Skills
• Ability to setup a Die Cutter to cut various types of layouts
• Ability to build spot sheet to cut various types of layouts at high speed
• Ability to setup stripping unit and blankers to obtain maximum amount of stripping at high speed
• Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are a must.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Ability to determine causes of operating errors and decide how to handle it
• Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Die Cutter Operator
Responsible for set up, operation, good quality and troubleshooting of roll-fed and sheet-fed die cutter machines
Verify docket information is correct and properly fill out paper work
Confirm rolls/loads to die cut match docket information
Confirm job docket contains and pallets WIP tickets
Make sure retains and folds are done correctly for every pallet dropped, grab hand full of each die position to visualize any cutting defect
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts and weekends (8-12 hours per shift)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!