Chalk Molding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Molding 2Nd Shift
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Operate all combinations of presses and tools within assigned team, consistently producing parts of the highest quality.
Ability to read and understand bills of materials, routings, work instructions and other shop paperwork.
Ability to complete production process documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
Ability to perform and document simple arithmetic calculations.
Understand manufacturing process and quality acceptance criteria for parts produced.
Complete production forms correctly and legibly.
Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with variety of staff.
Operate hand truck.
Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis.
Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend, and climb (ascend and descend) ladders.
Ability to stand and operate equipment for up to twelve hours.
Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and the manual dexterity to operate machines with precision.
Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors.
Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions.
Ability to pull, lift, and transport gaskets to and from various locations with the assigned location.
Positions available on 2nd shift
Work in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors, and temperature extremes.
Work regularly with machines where carelessness could result in cuts, bruises, burns or muscle pulls.
Serious injuries can be avoided if established safety precautions are followed.
Entry Level Molding Machine Operator
Everyone likes to feel pride in their work. At PeopleReady, we make that happen! We have opportunities right now for hardworking people looking for a reliable paycheck.
Are you committed to safety, and have excellent attendance? We are ready to put you to work! We are currently hiring for a 3rd shift Molder in Delano, MN.
This company is looking for long-term employees to join their growing business. New employees will be moved to different areas the first few weeks to determine where they fit best. There is a lot of training involved with this company so you are guaranteed to learn new skills.
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
The Molder must understand and perform to standard the following aspects related to this position:
- Rotational molding processes.
- The variables related to the molding process, including time, temperature, cooling, mold releases, etc.
- The characteristics of all standard resins used by their division (i.e. knowing what the proper cure is for each material and how to check the cure.
- Mold preparation and mold maintenance techniques.
- Quality standards for each machine (found on the process sheets located in the machine areas).
- Pressure testing requirements for all tanks as stated on the process sheets.
- Critical dimensions and characteristics of each part and how to check these to maintain consistency.
- How to effectively conduct a first part inspection to approve a set-up.
Must be willing to submit to pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Shift: Sunday- Thursday 10:45pm- 7am
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.JB.0.31.LN
Molding Machine Operator 2Nd & 3Rd Shifts Available
Plastic Molding Machine Operator
Responsible for operating and tending plastic molding machines to mold or cast thermoplastic parts or products.Primary responsibilities
- Operate plastic molding and casting machines.
- Mold and cast metal or thermoplastic parts.
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process
- improvements and cost reductions.
- Develop and document manufacturing instructions and data sheets.
- Operate compression or injection molding machines.
- Mix catalysts and coloring pigments.
- Operate mixing machine.
- Repair and maintain machines.
- Cut off excess material.
- Grind scraps into powder.
- Read specifications to determine setup and prescribed temperature and time settings.
- Pour product into mold.
- Remove cured product from mold.
- Inspect products for surface defects and flaws.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Position and secure assembled mold and mold components.
- Put dies into machine.
- Coat dies with parting agent.
- Eliminate production of defective parts and products.
- Weigh compounds and pour compounds into die well.
- Fill machine hoppers.
- Regulate molding temperature, volume, pressure, and time.
- Activate machine to inject dies.
- Attach connecting lines.
Must be able to use an impact wrench for long periods and the ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
2nd shift 3-11 and 3rd shift 11-7 available.
A1 Staffing is an agency that specializes in meeting the demands for Light industrial, medical, government/state agencies, and administrative positions, offering temporary, professional placement, and contract personnel. A1 Staffing & Recruiting Agency Inc. is committed to providing our clients with the very best employment services. We are a personnel agency with high goals and expectations. We strive to be fair, honest, and professional in all our dealings.
Molding Machine Operator
Snelling Staffing is seeking a Molding Machine Operator to operate molding presses and other machinery in the production department, following instructions
included in the visual instructions screen and work order, or given by the supervisor or setup technician.
2nd: 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
3rd: 10:30 pm – 7:00 am
Molding Machine Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to follow verbal instructions and read basic work instructions
• Ability to determine slight differences in color and other visual blemishes (molding defects)
• Ability to keep count accurately
• Visually inspect parts for defects and separate from production run
• Accurately report scrap
• Prepare product for packaging
• Pack parts for shipment according to instruction
• Keep work area clean and organized
• Maintain a positive working relationship with co‐workers in all departments
• Document job hours, ISO documentation
• Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor
Requirements to the Molding Machine Operator:
• Ability to stand for an entire shift (8‐10 hrs / day)
• Stamina to work all assigned hours
• Hearing and speaking required 100% of the workday
• No restrictions on twisting and bending (to move product)
• Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs)
• Regular use of hands (100% of time)
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
• Frequent reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling and crouching
Associates interested in the Molding Machine Operator position please apply directly for immediate consideration and call 847-640-6618.
Snelling takes the time to understand you. We want to know what your specific career goals are, and help make them a reality. By taking the time to personally interview you, we are able to understand your experience, personality, and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.
Molding Machine Set-Up Operator
WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions for those that make the world. Copy and paste the website below into your browser to learn more about how it is our purpose to innovate for those that make our world! https://youtu.be/eCAyHO3TWPM
WHYWORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things. As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and quality. The Stanley Black and Decker New Britain Tools Plant also offers employees a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
Disability * 401k * TWO Pension plans * ESPP * Vacation * 11 Paid holidays
Flexible Training opportunities and more!
Responsibilities may include: * Machine Setups that involve changing of molds, setting a variety of limit switches to achieve proper mold height, stroke, closing, etc.
Set injection pressures, adjust material feed and back pressure and ram speed.
Set heat controls and timers.
Set up automatic product removal system and conveyor for automatic operation and adjust ejection system for proper removal of product.
Perform wiring hookups required for limit switches. Adjust ejection system for proper removal of product. Install necessary plumbing apparatus and connect temperature control equipment, parts separation equipment and wiring hookups.
Monitor operation of automatic equipment, unload parts, cut off sprue and gates and place in container. Spot check work and make adjustments to maintain tolerances.
Make minor repairs to fixtures and equipment and lubricate machines as required.
Requirements: * Must have prior experience operating and setting-up molding machines. * Must have prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Must be mechanically inclined. * Must be able to work a 2nd shift (3:00 PM – 11:00 PM).Requisition Number: 50341BR
Title:* Molding Machine Set-Up Operator
Business:* US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province:* Connecticut
City:* New Britain
No. of Positions:* 1 EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Injection Molding Machine Operator
Requirements and Responsibilities
Sets up and operates an injection molding machine in order to shape plastics. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position, and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Typically requires 1-3 years of related experience and or certification.
Our Staffing Coordinators will work with you to find the ideal job that fits your personal goals. SMITH uses Job Matching Tools to match your abilities and interests ensuring that your talent is utilized to its fullest potential.
Injection Molding Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
Moldtronics Inc., located in Downers Grove, is looking for an individual that is responsible, self-motivated and works well as a team.
-Must have reliable transportation & valid driver's license
-Must pass a Pre-employment criminal background screen and verification
-Excellent attention to detail
-Be flexible and willing to learn new things
-Small machine operator
-Insert molding operator
-Non-insert molding operator
2nd Shift- 4pm- 12:30am
Required license or certification
Benefit after 30 days
10 paid holidays
Benefits after 90 days
-Health Insurance HSA plan with Blue Cross Blue Shield - company covers 100%
-Life Insurance 25K
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Moldtronics Inc. will design and assist you with your designs and manufacture your plastic parts to exacting specifications. We manufacture products for a variety of industries from Medical Products to Military Spec, and anything in between. We have in-house mold-making and design capabilities to provide our customers with the highest level of service.
We have been serving our customers ON EVERY CONTINENT ON THE PLANET with high quality plastic injection molded parts for over 50 years. With the quality plastic injection molding services offered by Moldtronics Inc. there is no need to go off shore for quality or price.
Machine Operator - Injection Blow Molding
The Injection Blow Molding Operator position is very “hands-on” and will require making necessary changes and adjustments to the technical blow molding and auxiliary equipment as well as complete mold and color changes. The individualwill be responsible for operating, monitoring, processing and repairing machines to maximize machine efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
· Operate a group of plastic injection stretch blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing a container in a safe and high quality method.
· Perform processing of injection and/or blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap.
· Perform regular lubrication and checks on all equipment, systems, molds and tooling in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules.
· Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
· Identify and troubleshoot malfunctioning machines or equipment and effectively communicate machine operation variations with teammates and management to diagnose problems and complete necessary repairs.
· Maintain documentation as directed.
· Start and stop stretch blow molding and injection molding to produce quality plastic containers.
· Perform routine inspections, cleaning & lubricating and/or tightening of machine assembles per preventative maintenance procedures.
· Perform container inspections using test equipment, statistical quality methods & visual inspection techniques.
· Perform line inspections to verify the packing of defect-free product.
· Pack containers into boxes/cartons at designated production-line speeds according to specifications.
· Safely operate lift trucks to move materials.
· Perform as a responsible team member to maintain a clean, safe, and effective work environment.
· Operate blow molding and injection molding.
· Pull seepage, apply SPC methodologies for initiating machine adjustments, change materials, assist in changeovers and identify start and stop of out-of-spec production (hardware).
· Complete required documentation (Daily completion of log books and operator monitoring).
· Perform sample retention per procedure at required times.
· Machine area kept clean and conforming to 5S standards (Empty trashcans, seepage barrels, scrap bottles on floor, machines wiped down daily, etc.).
· Coordinate team assignments and work flow to insure meeting the daily production plan.
· Arrange learning opportunities for team members to continue their development.
· Provide responsible leadership regarding compliance to policies and provide responsible leadership regarding compliance to policies and standards.
· Identify and root-cause of defects in containers and recommend processing adjustments to eliminate the defect. Trouble shoot mechanical and processing problems.
· Perform color changeovers.
Operator is responsible at all times for their own safety and to assist where qualified with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Follow all safety rules and safe work procedures and ensure they are followed by others working in and around the machinery
- Report and follow up on all injuries and near misses
- Actively participate in safety incident investigations
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards and expectations
- Provide leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Follow all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
Operators will ensure that all products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
· Lead by example as a quality advocate
· Provide support, as needed, to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
· Ensure all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
- Provide Operational support in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Assist operators in troubleshooting equipment issues
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including identification of contributing causes for non-operating events; work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verify proper investigative actions are completed and root cause(s) are quickly identified
- Maintain spares, as needed, to ensure availability for equipment repairs
- Effectively utilize and maintain preventive maintenance and work order completion documentation
- Closely manage costs and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel)
- Take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues
- Continuously strive to reduce inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Reduce bottlenecks in operations by addressing upcoming production needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
- Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards.
- Performing basic facility maintenance including repair of lighting, basic HVAC, etc.
- Monitor conditions of equipment by lubrication and vibration analysis.
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed.
- Actively learn equipment, processes, and systems
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc., as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including maintenance, QA and operations, to foster team member development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Process, Set-up or Maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment, plastics experience a plus.
· Advanced mechanical and technical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and complex mechanical equipment.
· Strong leadership traits.
· Ability to perform and recognize bottle quality and operating efficiency.
· Must know and follow all GMP / ASI / ISO procedures.
· Must be able to work safely and follow safety rules and JSA procedures.
· Must be able to identify and report violations and unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
· Must be able to wear protective clothing such as hair net, uniform, safety shoes, gloves, long-sleeved shirt and earplugs.
· Must be able to effectively respond in emergency situations such as fires and accidents.
· Must be able to follow all department procedures and directives.
· All of the above are essential job functions.
· Must own required basic hand tools.
· Preferred candidates will need Nissei, Husky, Automa, and/or SIPA operating
· Must have good math skills. Able to add, subtract, divide, multiply decimals and weigh grams.
· Able to read; must be able to read English text, blueprints. Write, speak and understand English directions/instructions.
· Writing skills required: Must be able to communicate in writing with all levels of organization in English.
· Able to work overtime on any shift on short notice.
· Ability to understand Statistical Process Control charts and data.
· Ability to work all shifts as needed
- High degree of Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook)
- Strong service orientation
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Drive and determination to strive for continuous improvement
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED, technical or vocational training a plus
- Flexibility to work overtime and alternate schedules
· Due to the proximity of equipment causing electromagnetic fields, technician must be free of prostheses, particularly of a cardiac type (pacemaker) or a metal or similar implant. IntraPac Lawrenceburg cannot offer employment to anyone with these conditions.
· Must be able to perform repetitive bending
· Must be able to lift up to 45 to 70 lbs.
· Possess ability to stand for up to 12 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of ladders, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling to change rolls, and lifting arms above the head.
· Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms.
· Ability to visually inspect small items (parts of tubes).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, kneel, and stand for continuous periods of time
· While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment may include moderately hot or cold temperatures.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· PPE may be required when performing some job functions, such as gloves, a smock, hairnet, safety glasses, etc.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those required to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Employees will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of tasks listed in this job description. IntraPac has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or IntraPac may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Injection Molding Machine Operator
Looking for Full Time employees to start immediately. This is at our Festus, MO location.
- 1) Sets up and operates injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials: Installs dies on machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts, and handtools.
- 2) Sets machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
- 3) Dumps premixed plastic powders or pellets into hopper, and starts machine.
- 4) Pulls lever to close dies and inject plastic into dies to cast part.
- 5) Removes finished product from dies, using handtools.
- 6) Trims excess material from part, using knife.
- 7) May mix thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments in mixing machine, according to formula.
- 8) May grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
976 S. Highway Dr Fenton, MO 63026 M-F 9am-3pm.
Injection Molding Machine Operator
Injection Mold Machine Operator - Milford, CT
Responsible for assisting in product line workmanship and productivity as follows (activities will be supervised by Group Leader with direct management responsibility from Production Management).
Specific tasks include:
1. Perform a variety of machining operations using equipment such as, but not limited to, shears, presses, sanders, rollers, arbor presses, drills and related machines, lathes and hand tools such as squares, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, indicators, and other production gauges. Clean and lubricate machinery. Assist in the execution of minor set ups and adjustments.
2. Assist in 1st piece and in-process inspection. Must ensure that product quality is of highest standards.
3. Responsible for accurate recording of quantities produced, scrap and time worked.
4. Maintain all other records (work orders, move tickets, etc.) necessary for your work area.
5. Comply with all safety requirements. Enlist support of supervisor/manager if any safety issues are observed.
6. Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Observe any special requirements to maximize cleanliness and minimize debris in the work area.
7. Perform other duties as required.
Must have injection mold experience.
Prior relevant manufacturing experience is required for this position.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!