Charger I Job Description Sample
Job Description Seeking Electronics Engineer for lithium-ion battery charger product development role. This is a career track position. The engineer will learn existing designs, will learn to operate in a world-class product management system and will interact with off-shore suppliers. Projects will focus on developing products from concept, through design, manufacturing and support to end of life with the end goal of delivering cost-effective product solutions. The Engineer will work among a project team to deliver program goals and objectives. Then progressively challenging projects will be assigned with the goal of developing a project engineer who is fully responsible for product definition, concept design, schedules, cost and quality. EMPLOYEE SPECIFICATIONS: * Bachelor of Science Electronics Engineering / Electronics Technology * ABET recognized institution * 0 to 3 years relevant work experience KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS * Critical thinking that distinguishes correct from questionable results
Troubleshooting analog circuitry to root cause failure
Build working prototypes given outline functional descriptions
Lithium-ion and nickel-cadmium battery charging testing and data collection
Be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation and ability to pay attention to details
Create and review engineering documents with detail
Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams PREFERRENTIAL SKILLS * UL / IEC / FCC / CISPR compliance requirements
Direct Asia manufacturing experience
Automated manufacturing test equipment
Assembly processes: surface-mount, automatic insert and hand insert
Soldering processes: lead-fee metallurgy and fluxing chemistries
Injection molded plastics
Microprocessor hardware and firmware: C-language or assembly
EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black
& Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 50448BR
Business:* US - GTS - Power Tools & Equipment (PTE)
Charger Technician & Delivery Driver
We are looking for a responsible Charger Technician and Delivery Driver to distribute and pickup products promptly to our customers. Maintain and repair Industrial batteries and equipment. You will represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver industrial batteries and chargers different addresses and through different routes Follow routes and time schedule (average route 25-100 miles round trip)
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle
- Install batteries and chargers
- Maintain customer battery fleets, and charging equipment
- Repair industrial batteries. and chargers
- Install, repair and maintain Material Handling Equipment
- Ask for feedback on provided services and resolve clients’ complaints Inform customers about new products and services
- Complete logs and reports.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Occasional Overtime
- Infrequent out of state travel (average route 700 miles round trip)
- Must be able to read schematics
- Some mechanical experience required
- Electrical appliance maintenance and repair experience required.
- Valid professional driver’s license. DOT Card required
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- High school degree
- Must be able to pass drug test and lead test
Wage & Compensation
- Starting wage dependent on experience, 40 hour work week
- Hours Monday – Thursday 8:00-5:00 Hours Friday 7:00-4:00
- 401k* / PTO *available pending eligibility
Electrical Engineer - Battery & Charger Design
One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals. Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee has manufacturing locations in Mississippi.
Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia. Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities: Create test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization. Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations. Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis. Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes while identifying and driving continuous improvement projects.
Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world. Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware. Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
Design to and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI. Provide engineering support on low to mid-level complexity projects. Battery & Charger Design:
Design, prototype and test switched mode power supplies and lithium-ion batteries containing embedded electronics including hardware and firmware under the supervision of senior engineers. Troubleshoot switched mode power supply and lithium-ion battery embedded electronics down to the component level. Develop and apply a manufacturing mindset to designs in order to effectively and efficiently mass produce products.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field. 2+ years of experience in related design field. Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point. Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International). High interest in tools of the trade. Good understanding of C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
Good understanding of analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, especially related to signal integrity and noise analysis. Familiarity with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices. Battery & Charger Design Application and evaluation of microcontrollers.
Working knowledge of communications protocols (e.g., SPI, I2C, serial, USB). Familiarity of switched mode power supplies including EMC, magnetics, and power semiconductors preferred. Understanding of lithium-ion charging principles and the tradeoffs between the pack and charger preferred. Understanding of lithium ion pack discharging behavior and controls preferred. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Battery And Charger Technician
Company Description: Crown Equipment Corporation, one of the world's largest lift truck manufacturers, offers local support on a global scale with more than 15 manufacturing facilities worldwide and more than 500 retail locations in over 80 countries. Our global sales and service network provides our customers with a local resource for a wide variety of quality material handling equipment, fleet management solutions, warehouse products and support services to meet their needs anytime, anywhere. Want to Learn More? Watch A Day in the Life of a Crown Field Service Technician!
click here at https://youtu.be/JzNM3c_hCOU #
Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair industrial batteries and chargers.
Perform all assigned planned maintenance on customer industrial batteries and chargers.
Maintain a service van and its inventory.
Process paperwork after completion of each job.
High school diploma or equivalent
Good mechanical and electrical aptitudes, knowledge of electrical/electronic systems, ability to read and understand electrical schematics, good written/verbal communication skills, and good customer care skills
Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to safely operate lift trucks
Technical degree, previous battery and charger repair experience, welding skills, and knowledge of various types of testing equipment preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Crown also offers Service Technicians:
Award-Winning Service Training
Company Vehicle for Field Service Technicians
No Flat Rate + 40 Hours Per Week plus Overtime
Primarily 1st Shift
Solid Support Network
Career Advancement Opportunities EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled #Crown
Bookkeeping, calendar management, document retention, setting up calls, errands
Construction Manager to assist with the deployment of high speed electric vehicle charging stations. Responsibilities include surveying site host properties for proper EV charger installation and driving everything that needs to be done to successfully build out the site. This includes interaction with utilities, municipalities, site hosts and installation contractors. Candidates for this position must have excellent management skills and be able to track and manage activities. Candidates must be excellent communicators with all management levels, both internally and externally, including installation partners, site hosts and electric utilities. A proven track record in project and/or construction management is a must.
What You Will Be Doing
· Coordinate and manage installation contractors. This includes contract management, communication and coordination of project activities. Scheduled weekly meetings and diligent follow-ups are required to ensure construction related activities advance at all locations
· Coordinate and perform site walks to guide cost effective and expedient site builds
· Evaluate site host properties for the proper placement of EV chargers, considering factors such as site host preferences, where electricity is distributed onto the property, how close electrical supply is to areas under consideration for EV charger installation
· Conduct engineering and construction coordination activities (i.e. phone call with site host and installer) to ensure consistent deliverables and aligned expectations for all parties
· Record and track project milestones to ensure installs are completed in a timely manner
· Coordinate with internal team and external contractors to review, approve and execute any change orders for charger installations
· Ensure that all contractors deliver strict standards of quality, safety and professionalism
· Maintain project schedules by coordinating between site host, subcontractors, and utility planners
· Expedite project close-out requirements including approval on as-built drawings, design revisions, and rough underground/electrical
· Provide the project team with feedback to help improve processes and follow through to implement those improvements
· This role requires extensive travel
· 5+ years’ experience in project management related to construction, preferably with electrical infrastructure deployment on commercial properties
· Understanding of AC/DC power profiles, transformer equipment, mechanical diagrams, construction drawings, and permit packages
· Passion for craftsmanship with a strong attention to detail
· Ability to travel with little to no notice; must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and good driving record
· A diligent reporter that takes time to document activities with a proficiency using tracking tools such as SalesForce.com, Excel and other project tracking tools
· Effective listening skills, ensuring the site host needs are clearly understood and charging stations are placed in locations that meet site host and program requirements, while also ensuring construction will happen within program budgets
· Resourcefulness in solving problems
· Superior professionalism and judgment with a strong work ethic
· Knowledge of electric vehicles and charging dynamics is preferred but not required
· Excellent people skills and positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
EE or ME degree (REQUIRED)
Experience with EV Chargers, DC preferably, and troubleshooting charger operation issues
Familiarity with Electric/Electronic components, Circuit breakers, Fuses, Capacitors, PC boards, relays, and also common troubleshooting practices for such devices.
Microsoft Office skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Baan accounting software experience a plus, but only for PO and Sales order entry. No accounting background required. Basic Baan software training will be provided.
Excellent telephone and written skills for customer inquiries and troubleshooting of problems in the field via telephone and email.
This position will report to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for handling initial customer calls and emails reporting troubles with EV Chargers installed around the country. In-house training will be provided for troubleshooting the chargers and position will work closely with the Operations Manager and Lead Test Technician for the first several weeks.
This position will be responsible for keeping all Charger issues registered and for keeping track of the troubleshooting steps until resolution
Responsibilities will also include PO and Sales Order entry into the accounting system software
Position will also be responsible for handing initial sales inquiries and routing them the appropriate person.
Some heavy lifting and standing may be required.
Some domestic field travel via airplane will be required. International European travel will be required for training purposes at the factory.
Charging station for electric cars
Power Electronics Engineer
Power Electronics Engineer
Functional Area:Research / Development
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Ohio - Columbus
Division:AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Travel Percentage:0.00 Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now Position Description: AMETEK Prestolite Power is a motive battery charger manufacturer that is in the business of helping our customers with battery charging and fleet management. Prestolite Power (formerly Hobart Brothers Battery Charger Division) has set the industry standard worldwide for superior battery charging solutions. We manufacture industrial battery chargers for the material handling industry since 1917. Located in Troy, OH, USA, we continue to build upon the rich tradition of innovation, integrity, and excellence, and we are pleased to provide a broad range of industrial battery chargers from our single shift conventional Battery-Mate models to our high frequency opportunity and fast charging Eclipse II series. QUALIFICATIONS The purpose of the position is to utilize knowledge of analog, digital, power electronics, and firmware design to lead the development of new motive battery charger electronics, as well as support existing charger product platforms. The individual is an energetic, experienced professional who can work both individually and with a team. The successful candidate will contribute proven and innovative techniques to design, develop, and deliver competitive products to the market. This position can be located either in the Prestolite manufacturing facility in Columbus, OH or the technical center in Troy, OH. Must be authorized to work in the United States without employment sponsorship. EXPERIENCE The candidate shall possess the following: Required • A minimum of 5 -7 years of experience in a similar industry/field is required. • Experience developing power conversion products (rectifiers, inverters, UPS, battery chargers) • Experience working with analog, digital, and microcontroller circuits. • Experience developing firmware in C and assembly. Preferred • Experience with three-phase and high frequency power conversion electronics. • Experience with safety agencies such as UL, CSA, IEC, CE, and CEC. • Experience with EMI/EMC mitigation techniques. • Strong technical project management competencies and problem solving skills. EDUCATION Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized, fully accredited program; a master’s degree is a plus. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES • Reports to the Director of Engineering • Design and develop power electronics for high frequency battery chargers. • Design and develop embedded hardware and firmware. • Schematic capture and PCB layout. • Evaluate, debug, and verify circuit design. • Orchestrate the assembly of electronic prototypes. • Choreograph engineering documentation. • Sustaining engineering support on legacy products (SCR and ferroresonant chargers) • Management of assigned projects from concept to commercialization. • Communication and cooperation with sales, marketing, and operations. • Limited travel of approximately 10%. Position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer Locations:Chicago, Illinois Job Family: Customer Services Apply English (US)
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 219339
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Mobility Division Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets.
The Field Service Engineer provides comprehensive servicing on rail assets on customer sites.
Develop an expert role in troubleshooting of Siemens Diesel Locomotives.
Create and maintain an excellent relationship with the customers in Chicago during the warranty support of the Charger locomotive.
Develop detailed staffing plans for MUST charger warranty execution.
Collaborate with Siemens Engineering, Field Service Staff, Project Management and Quality Management to support maximizing the reliability of the Charger fleet in Chicago.
Provide technical expertise and day to day guidance to the onsite team in Chicago..
Develop FMI schedules and track progress against schedule. Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required; Master’s or Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred.
At least five years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration above; locomotive operation or commissioning experience required
Leadership skills showing the ability to counsel, coach, develop, and motivate staff required.
Team-building and facilitation skills required. *LI-CAS.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
Senior Saas Sales Executive
Founded in 2007, Qvinci® is a global consolidation, financial reporting, business intelligence and workflow management technology leader whose mission is to provide customers with best-in-class cloud-based “ERP-like” features and functionality that is affordable and easy to use. The Qvinci solutions act as a turbo charger that revolutionize QuickBooks®, Xero®, MYOB® and Excel®. Qvinci improves operational efficiencies and business intelligence reporting for accounting firms, franchises and multi-unit entities.
Qvinci’s patented game-changing platform offers near real-time gathering, syncing and mapping of disparate data from various sources. This allows users to report, view, monitor and compare the financial performance of single and multi-unit businesses. Our industry specific solutions provide intuitive reporting and actionable data, helping decision-makers gain important insights and improve their organization’s operations by creating efficiencies that save time and money, while reducing risk. Setup is quick and easy. Impact is immediate.
The embodiment of Qvinci’s culture is defined by a single word: “Excellence”. Excellence in the people we hire, the solutions we deliver and the support we provide to our customers.
We are a fast-paced, forward-thinking team of over-achievers focused on a single mission, defined by a measurable set of goals and objectives. Qvinci values honesty, integrity, creativity, open communication and stresses the need for our staff to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We continue to realize record growth because our valued employees are empowered, pro-active problem solvers who strive for nothing less than excellence.
If you consider yourself to be an “A Player” and a “CLOSER,” Qvinci might be the right fit for you.
The Ideal Candidate
Qvinci is looking for the best and brightest seasoned Senior Solution Consultant. You must be of a positive and entrepreneurial mindset, be a self-starter and a subject matter expert that possesses the following qualities:
● Hands-on sales of SaaS B2B solutions to accounting firms OR selling "accounting software" or sales of SaaS B2B solutions to franchises or multi-unit organizations.
● Ability to control the sales process and act as a business consultant for prospective decision-makers.
● The ability to overcome objections and barriers raised by prospects.
● A successful track record in identifying, negotiating with and closing business with accounting firms, franchises, and/or multi-unit customers.
● Experience in an emerging industry environment is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Develop and execute customer sales strategies to accounting firms, franchises or multi-unit entities.
● Campaign management and reporting through Pardot and Salesforce
● Identify, nurture and close customers
● Outbound calls/contacts of no less than 20 per day to customers
● Schedule no less than 10 discovery meetings and 10 product demos per week
● Respond to inbound qualified leads from the company’s marketing activities
● Become an “expert” in conveying the value of Qvinci’s solutions to accounting firms, franchises and/or multi-unit entities.
● Travel to customer sites as needed to close the deal
● Stay up to date with the latest trends and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
● 7+ years’ experience in sales in the SMB SaaS B2B space for accounting firms, franchises and/or multi-unit entities.
● Proven track record of success in the SMB SaaS B2B environment for accounting firms, franchises and/or multi-unit entities.
● Experience in implementing sales campaigns to accounting firms, franchises and/or multi-unit entities.
● Problem solver
● Independent thinker
● High Energy
● Very detail oriented
● Strong negotiation skills
● Being and effective closer is the most important quality
● Extensive hands-on experience with sales automation tools such as Pardot and Salesforce
● Experience working in a SaaS company
● Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum
- Competitive salary
- Competitive commission plan
- 100% paid employee medical and dental coverage (For the employee and their family)
- 100% paid Life Insurance (For the employee)
- Paid company holidays, vacation and sick leave
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!