Charleston Afb Job Description Sample
North Charleston, South Carolina
Requisition Primary Location
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
We have an immediate position available for a DriverHelper at our Carolina Waste location in N. Charleston, SC. We are looking to hire an individual that is able to work outside in all weather conditions and handle any labor task that is assigned.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 2 years of work experience as well as a stable work history
- Preferably in a labor type position.
- The ability to continually lift throughout an 8-10hr shift.
- Mechanical ability a plus.
- Heavy equipment experience is a plus.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Bell Ringers AND Retail Associates
Please complete the pre-screening questions below. A recruiter will contact you to arrange a time to visit the branch to complete an application
Our office is located at 2070 Northbrook Blvd, Suite A7, North Charleston, SCJB.0.36.LN
Service Advisor- Stokes Volkswagen
SERVICE ADVISORS greet customers, listen to description of the problems or service needed, determine the type of service required, and prepare repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work, They also advise customers on other available services.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Advises customers about necessary service for routine maintenance.
Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test.
Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare work order for needed repairs.
Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
Handles customer complaints.
Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refer to test technician.
Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
Establishes “promised time.” Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
Implements and maintains a service marketing program.
Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
Implements a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
Inspects all vehicles for body work, informs customer if work is needed, and provides an estimate for body work.
Maintains a professional appearance.
Keeps work area clean.
Marginal Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Stokes Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
General Interest Application
While we don't currently have a specific hiring need, we welcome you to share your resume with us to keep on file should we have future needs.
A Career with Us Will Provide You with:
- A marketing plan we help you customize to build your brand effectively
- A comprehensive training program focused on people and marketing strategy
- Financial support during your early years to help you build your business
Realize Your Potential
Being a Mutual of Omaha financial representative is a challenging yet rewarding experience. Right away, you’ll meet prospects with your manager or another mentor to learn the business the right way. This joint work will allow you to see what it takes to be successful and you can also start building relationships with your peers. Start making a name for yourself by creating a solid marketing plan, positioning yourself effectively in the community and on social media. Speak passionately to people about helping them provide for their families for the rest of their lives.
We will encourage you to become a student of the industry so that you can use your expertise to help people in a way others can’t. Start your way down a path that includes affiliated with our broker dealer, Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, to help people obtain their wealth accumulation goals by offering them a wide range of insurance and investment products. Getting started the right way is one key to success, and we will have specific goals for you during your first three years.
We are also in the business of developing management talent, and it all starts here. Later, you may have a shot at leading your own team if you feel you have what it takes. Set an example for others with your hard work, determination and love for inspiring colleagues.
We’re Looking for People with:
- An appetite for success and natural leadership ability. Our best advisors make an impact with their clients and with their colleagues. We believe in a grassroots approach, developing you with a mentor and ambassador for our company.
- Charisma and strong conversational skills. Above all else, this is a people business. Developing rapport with people easily is one of the main keys to success. You’re going to need to invest a lot of energy into connecting with lots of different people, and we need people that can do it effectively.
- Really thick skin and a motor that doesn’t stop. If this were easy, everyone would do it. If you love chasing the finish line, and are motivated by setting your sights on ever-increasing goals, this is for you.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the solid determination to run their own business. We want someone that possesses business savvy skills and can make smart decisions. Our advisors are also backed by an extensive support network in our home office. If you bring your A-game every day, the home office promises to bring theirs.
Now, About Us…
For more than 100 years Mutual of Omaha has helped millions of families reach their financial goals and plan for a secure future. Here’s what you can expect:
- Access to a complete line of insurance and financial services products, including Life, Disability Income, Long-Term Care insurance and annuities. Financial advisors appointed with our broker dealer offer 401(l), mutual funds, retirement plans and other variable products.
- The backing of a strong, stable and secure company. Strong company ratings from insurance-rating and information agencies A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
- Solid consumer brand awareness, including Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom, key national sponsorships like USA Swimming, PGA, LPGA and Nationwide tours, and IndyCar Racing
Securities and advisory services offered through Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC.
Hiring Class A CDL Drivers! New Pay Increase For ALL Experience Levels!
Start Here, Stay Here.
At CRST Expedited, we’ve got the freight and pay package your team needs. What else?
Call for details! 866-414-6416
Lease Purchase Also Available: 866-271-7783
High Miles – High Pay!
- Lead Drivers earn $.10 more per mile
- Hazmat Mileage Bonus of $.04 more per mile
- Sign on bonuses available
- Longest length of haul in the industry
- Layover & Vacation pay
As an experienced driver you can even make more as a lead driver – earning an additional $.10 per mile. With our “train your own partner” program, not only can you can earn while you train, your partner will start out with 6 month’s pay credit.
Drivers are the foundation of CRST. In our Gold Rules culture, we recognize that our drivers are the most important part of our business. Your success is vital to our company’s success! We are committed to respecting our drivers, responding to issues, and resolving problems to the best of our ability.
Veterans paid for time served.
Active Military Reservists and Honorably Discharged Veterans receive a sign on bonus and pay credit for your time served.
Call a Military Specialist Recruiter for Details! 866-240-7831
Let’s Put Some Miles Behind You.
With us, you’ll get:
- Consistent Hometime
- Career growth opportunities – earn more, fast!
- Well-maintained, late-model Equipment
- Average Fleet Age of just 1 ¼ years
- Best-in-class safety program, including driver-decision shut-down policy
Call and learn how fast you can get started. 866-414-6416
Must be 21 years old to apply.
Regional Cdl-A Truck Driver
EXCITING NEWS...NEW PAY INCREASE!!
Now hiring drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
Why Choose Averitt:
Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position.
1,000+ (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
Leading transportation provider since 1971.
Experienced Driver Pay:
To start at this pay you must have 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 3 years.
.44 cpm reached after 4 months
Top-out at .46 cpm reached after 8 months
Pay for experience:
- 3 years T/T experience in the past 5 years starts at .44 cpm; reaching .46 cpm after 4 months.
- 5 years T/T experience in the past 7 years starts at .46 cpm.
Now offering our Minimum Mileage Pay=400 mile minimum for short haul loads picked up and delivered by driver.
Additional unloading /loading pay when required ($50 full load; $25 partial load)
$20 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
4 day paid orientation ($756- $828) in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
Weekly direct payroll deposits.
Must have a minimum of 4 - 11 months verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
You will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .42 cpm.
Equipment & Safety:
Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners.
All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions.
Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
About Our Regional Driving Position:
Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
We do not go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, Canada and NY state. (NYC runs are limited and optional)
Home EVERY Week (with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)
84% of our Regional Drivers are home by noon on Saturdays.
Over 90% NO-TOUCH freight
Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
- $75.70per week for family
- $30.55per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
Wellness programs available
Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
Flexible spending accounts
Wells Fargo banking products
Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
Company provided professional uniforms
Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience
Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (less any training time) OR minimum of 4- 11 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 5 years.
Must have a Class A CDL.
Must apply for hazmat/tanker endorsement within 30 days of hire (will reimburse upon receipt & if dated after your application date).
No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
Open/ close trailer door- force requirement: 46 lbs
Complete fuel tickets
Hook/ unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
Perform pre-trip inspections
Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
Load/ unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
Move freight- force requirement: 54 lbs
Regular predictable attendance
Enter/ exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
Enter/ exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Mon -Fri 7am until 7pm & Sat 8am until noon CST.
Sales Representative (Base Pay + Commission) [R6361]
Apply Now: Copy and Paste the link below.
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
You're independent, driven by performance, and looking for more than a job. We Are TruGreen, and as the nation's largest and most comprehensive provider of lawn services, we have bigger opportunities for people like you.
Position OverviewWe're seeking Residential Outside Sales Representatives, offering a guaranteed base plus commission to prospect and generate sales. This isn't your ordinary sales job. With TruGreen, you'll learn the essential skills to launch a successful career in sales
- Sells programs and services to current and prospective customers through traveling around assigned territory.
- Conducts follow-up of leads and customer retention/service calls through means of telephone and person-to-person contact to identify customer needs.
- Develops customized solutions based on customer needs, using the TruGreen suite of lawn care products and services.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required
- Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record defined as no DUI-related violations within the past five years and no more than three moving violations within the past three years, are required
- Certification as required by federal, state or local law
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Consultative sales skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, closing sales)
- Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
- Ability to build customer relationships and provide customer service
- Data entry skills with a mobile device
- Mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel locally on an extensive basis
- Time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
As a TruGreen Employee, you'll enjoy:
- Guaranteed base plus commission
- Top performers earn $65K+ in the first year
- Paid vacation time and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription plans
- 401(k) with company matching
At TruGreen we value our employees just as much as our customers. The result? Almost forty years of careers centered around the people who matter most --“ You.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and walk
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
*Low to moderate
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/ProtectedVeterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing TruGreen with my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services provided by TruGreen, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment with TruGreen or purchase TruGreen services and that I may revoke this permission at any time.
Cdl-A Driver: Guaranteed Pay & Home On Weekends!
Earn $60 - $70K and be home on the weekends!
Call to learn more!
With weekly home time, guaranteed pay and plenty of miles and support; you'll want to stick around.
Ask our drivers and they'll tell you there's no better career home than with EPES transport. We are proud to be a people-first culture and it shows with one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry. Dedicated CDL-A Drivers enjoy consistent miles and weekly home time with guaranteed pay. This lane averages $1,300 per week! We also offer yearly pay raises, exceptional benefits and a supportive culture where you're always part of the family
Driver Benefits You Deserve
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Company-Match 401(k), Direct Deposit & Credit Union
- Family & Emergency Leave and Spousal Support
- Holiday & Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance & Optional Disability Plan
Perks You'll Appreciate
- HazMat Endorsement Fee Reimbursement
- Pre Pass & Rider Program
- Roadside Inspection Award
- Scholarship Fund
- Performance, Service & Safety Awards
- Assigned driver managers and late-model tractors
- Pickup pre-loaded trailers, driver unload (lift gate)
- 24 hr. support
Ready to earn up to $1,300+ a week? Ask us about our Upgraded Pay Package!
CDL-A Truck Driver Requirements
- Minimum 21 years old with a valid CDL-A
- At least 1 year of comparable experience in the past 3, or 2 years in the past 5 years
- Trainees must be recent grad from approved CDL school and/or have 3 months comparable experience
- Stable work history
Proud of our past, excited for the future
EPES Transport, founded in 1931 in Blackstone, Virginia as "The Transport Company," has come a long way over the years. Today, we are the largest privately owned, family-run trucking company in North Carolina. Much of our success we attribute to the caliber of our employees. We are also committed to sustainability and maintaining the newest in tractor and trailer technologies. At EPES, integrity and continuous improvement will never be comprised.
Solo & Team Cdl-A Truck Drivers (North Charleston,Sc)
OTR, Regional & Dedicated Opportunities for CDL-A Truck Drivers - NEW Pay Increase!
Respect: A Foundation We re Built On
We know what s important to CDL-A truck drivers.
Time, work, and value. That s why we re putting revolutionary measures in place to ensure that your needs are taken care of.
NEW PAY INCREASE!
We are committed to making things better for our truck drivers, and USA Truck was recently awarded as a Top Pay Carrier. That includes the following Pay Items:
Great Mileage Pay
Monthly Productivity and Safety Bonus
Short haul, Detention AND Breakdown Pay
Plus, our comprehensive benefits package is the best in the business for CDL-A Truck Drivers see for yourself:
Loyalty & referral bonuses
Flexible home time options
No-touch freight (OTR)
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
401K + match & Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Students and recent grads welcome
New Sign-on Bonus now available for Experienced CDL-A Truck Drivers- up to $3,000!
Our mission today is to become the hands down best company for experienced truck drivers.
While we remain an attractive destination for recent CDL-A grads, we're looking to bring in truck drivers who have the knowledge needed to succeed. We have a solid management team, a new growth plan and a ton of new programs, upgrades and support teams all geared for a better driver experience.
USA Truck is looking for quality truck drivers to join the family.
If you have your Class-A CDL, Apply Today!
Associated topics: cdl a company, class a driving, company truck driving, dedicated regional, dedicated truck driver, dedicated truck driving, otr driver, over the road company, regional driver route, tanker truck driving
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!