Charlottesville Job Description Sample
Machine Learning Engineer
Do you like to apply machine learning to find trends and tendencies? Do you like dealing with complex, multi-variable problems using cutting-edge analytics? CCRi is looking for smart, innovative machine learning engineers. We conduct research and development in data mining and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems and then implement scalable solutions in data-driven environments.
Tools we use:
- Statistical Computing: NumPy, scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Modern Programming: Python, Scala, Java, C++, Julia
- Machine Learning Sub-Specialties: computer vision, graph analytics, natural language processing
About You: You’ve got a year or more of professional engineering under your belt or you have compelling personal projects grounded in machine learning. Ideally, you have a bachelor’s in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field. You are comfortable in at least one modern language. You have experience with deep learning tools such as Convolutional or Recurrent neural networks.
- US citizenship required
- We DO NOT offer sponsorships or contracting work. This position is for Charlottesville only.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- Prior Work experience in a related field and/or a working portfolio that clearly demonstrates your abilities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and status as a US citizen, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Failure to do so can and will result in dismissal.
CCRi is a small engineering firm located in Charlottesville, Virginia. We develop and deploy novel machine-learning approaches to real problems at massive scale. Since 1992, we’ve been stopping bombs, predicting piracy, and guiding disaster relief.
- Casual Work Environment
- Intellectually Challenging Work
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Defined Benefit Retirement
- Very Flexible Vacation Policy
- Want to know more? Check out our recruitment video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_b2EY1tlRM
- Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking an Information Technology / Software Engineer to work on our client site in Charlottesville, VA. All candidates must have an ACTIVE TS security clearance with SCI eligibility. The candidate must with experience supporting the development of applications and databases and their administration. The successful candidate will be proficient in all tasks including familiarity with the development lifecycle of software applications (including but not limited to performance, scalability, security, testing, monitoring, maintenance, issue identification, issue resolution and backup creation). The successful candidate must be proactively engaged in identifying and resolving challenges, work well in a team environment (in addition to being adept in troubleshooting independently), and be comfortable speaking in front of their peers and government clients.
- Lead the installation, upgrade and modernization of software systems following established security standards, policies and guidelines
- Diagnose and fix problems or potential problems related to onsite software installation on client-owned networks
- Will regularly but not exclusively work in a classified environment to install and maintain software that is developed and tested in an unclassified environment. When issues need to be escalated, the ability to be able to highlight and gather key clues and report these to the offsite team is critical to allow the offsite team enough information to participate in troubleshooting. Will need to be thorough and methodical in pursuit of troubleshooting strategies
- Provide expert day-to-day support for monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, implementing, installing, and upgrading core infrastructure, storage, software and/or server-based applications for regional office and client site
- Accomplish software development as part of larger team developing data-rich applications typically but not exclusively in c#/.NET or Java.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS with SCI eligibility security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems/Information Technology or related technical discipline with 8+ years of experience in application maintenance/installation/troubleshooting in Agile Development Environments
- Experience in effectively troubleshooting a wide variety of authentication, authorization, access, permissions, and encryption (RC4, AES, etc.) issues; as well as IIS-related issues, DNS, LDAP, group policy, and proxy server issues
- Experience in general .NET deployment considerations: web applications, web services, database and file storage interfaces
- General Windows administration skills: configuring app pools, creating and installing SSL certificates, obtaining error information
- Highly organized and adept at successfully tracking multiple concurrent issues and challenges
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision, pro-actively reporting on status and tasks
- Able to operate in a rapidly changing environment with ownership and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well at various levels of the organization
- Understanding of accreditation process for secure government information systems
- Shibboleth and Kerberos implementation/configuration experience; familiar with SAML and extracting data from HTTP headers
- Software development experience in c#/.NET (or Java)
- Experience hosting and configuring cloud applications in AWS: EC2, S3, etc.
- Able to write quick scripts in Powershell, etc for small automated tasks
- Experience with Linux, Java and Java applications
- Database experience and ability to write Transact-SQL queries (MS SQL Server)
- Experience with using issue tracking tools (JIRA) and source control tools (Subversion)
- Experience creating/deploying/maintaining virtual machines (VMs)
Nursing Care Partner - Sentara Martha Jefferson Hosptial
Nursing Care Partners are unlicensed staff members who are accountable to, and work under the direct supervision of a professional nurse to implement delegated aspects of nursing care. Provide patient care, support the admissions and discharge process, and comply with patient safety practices under the direction of the professional nurse. Observe patients' physical, mental, and emotional conditions and report any change to the nursing.
High School Grad or Equivalent
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital in is hiring experienced Nursing Care Partners to work full time, part time, and flexi. The are position are available in multiple departments on different shifts.
Join our team, where we are committed to quality and compassionate care, along with employee growth and satisfaction!
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, located in Charlottesville, VA, is a Magnet status, 176-bed facility featuring all patient-friendly private rooms. Since it's founding more than 100 years ago, Sentara Martha Jefferson has constantly evolved to meet the diverse healthcare needs of the patients who trust us with their care.
Today, our vision is as clear as it was to our founders. We will continue to set the standard for clinical quality and personalized healthcare services. Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital was recognized by Soliant Health as the 2012 Most Beautiful Hospital in America
CCRi is looking for a software engineer grounded in the full software lifecycle, from architecture and design through coding, testing, documentation, deployment, and support/maintenance. Our engineers take cutting-edge machine learning research and build reliable products. You'll help integrate machine-learning analytics, streaming data processing pipelines, and appealing user interfaces into end-to-end mission systems. These tools will be used to provide real-time situational awareness and expose advanced analytics to end users.
This is a technical position focused on software development and deployment.
Technology: Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Accumulo, Storm, Kafka, AWS, GeoServer, Docker, Kubernetes
What you’ll do:
70%: Design, write, test, and deploy code.
30%: Perform ancillary tasks in support of the code base, including documentation, performance evaluation, sprint retro/planning, devops, and peer review of your colleagues' work.
- US citizenship required. We do not offer sponsorships.
- Able to work on a team
- Technical curiosity and enthusiasm
Demonstrated experience with
- full-stack development
- build and deployment with maven and jenkins
- distributed version control with git
- database technology
- distributed analytics and processing
- geo-spatial data and analytics
- AWS infrastructure and tooling
Additional preference will be given to candidates with an active TS security clearance.
Due to the nature of CCRi's business with the United States Government, and requirements found in CCRi's government contracts, all CCRi employees are required to be United States citizens. Visas and Green Cards may make an applicant generally eligible to work in the United States, but they do not satisfy CCRi's contractual requirements. All new CCRi employees are required to verify their United States citizenship upon hire. CCRi is not able to sponsor citizenship
CCRi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
- Casual Work Environment
- Intellectually Challenging Work
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Defined Benefit Retirement
- Very Flexible Vacation Policy
- Want to know more? Check out our recruitment video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_b2EY1tlRM
Network Tech - Central Office - Telecom - Charlottesville, VA
CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for the provisioning and maintenance of Central Office including, but not limited to subscriber loop carrier systems, DSL, POTS, GPON/PRISM, digital and optical muxes.
Installs, performs routine maintenance, analyzes defects, tests, adjusts, repairs and maintains complex equipment such as switching systems, circuit equipment, network terminal equipment, and data/digital equipment by using electrical and or electronic measuring devices.
Updates work and maintenance logs through WFA, Word.docs and FOMS databases.
Plans jobs and determines materials and resources needed to complete tasks.
Reviews and interprets work orders, wiring lists, wiring diagrams, and equipment drawings and follows standard practices in the performance of job duties.
Utilizes knowledge of general input and analysis of ESS translations.
Runs diagnostic test programs, analyzes defects and/or tests various types of telephone switching equipment (5ESS, DMS 10, DMS 100, Ericcson, Electronic Data Switching, etc), uses various types of testing devices, e.g. volt-ohm meters, spectrum analyzer, digital communications, data analyzers, etc.
Works varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, and/or callouts, weekends and holidays.
Keeps work team and managers informed of status on work tasks, projects, and problems or obstacles.
At least six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years diagnosing circuit trouble, and performing routine testing, including measuring AC/DC current using volt ohm meters, TMS, or comparable test equipment.
At least six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years provisioning and maintaining DSO, DS1/T1, DS3/T3, DSL ISDN, and fiber circuits or services.
Must be proficient in DMS100/5ESS Switch maintenance and provisioning.
Must be able to perform all types of switch maintenance including routines and troubles.
Need to be able to complete growth jobs and turn-ups on integrated pair gain.
Need to be proficient in IOF work including MUXES up to and including fiber Muxes.
Basic electricity knowledge as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on the job related training) including: reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, equipment drawings, and technical manuals.
Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
Working knowledge of analog, digital test and transmission equipment, volt-ohm meter, or comparable testing equipment.
Working knowledge of Sonet/DWDM equipment and services (e.g. DCS and optical muxes).
Ability to troubleshoot and isolate problems within physical or electrical circuits.
Ability to respond to callouts within reasonable timeframe.
Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
May require travel between Central Office locations.
Requires a valid state drivers' license with current satisfactory driving record.
Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g. attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
Ability to work aloft (e.g. ladder).
Ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers both face-to-face and over the phone.
Ability to multi task under pressure in an ever changing environment.
Ability to work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, weekends and holidays.
At least 12 months experience within the last five (5) years diagnosing circuit trouble, and performing routine testing, including measuring AC/DC current using volt ohm meters, TDR, or comparable test equipment.
At least 12 months experience within the last five (5) years provisioning and maintaining DSO, DS1/T1, DS3/T3, DSL, ISDN, and fiber circuits or services.
Experience working with 5E, DMS100 switches is preferred.
Extensive experience including ROADM, QMOE, IP Ethernet, GPON equipment as well as fiber characterization and turn up
Experience working in teams or alone problem solving, diagnosing, and repairing maintenance conditions in Central Office equipment.
Ability to diagnose circuit trouble, and perform routine testing, including measuring current (and loss), balance, power influence, and noise levels.
Experience in working on a computer in Windows based systems and Microsoft Outlook.
Experience working independently with little supervision.
Experience meeting work deadlines.
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Charlottesville
Requisition # : 210536
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Part-Time Retail Sales Associate
Creates a friendly and welcoming environment by greeting and offering assistance to customers. You are the face to the customer ensuring they remain the top priority while balancing tasks and routines. Work with the latest technology and innovative solutions. Kohl's offers flexible scheduling and we train and develop the most talented, motivated teams around.
"Smiles and Says Hi!" Greets all customers and associates, assists in a friendly, courteous manner and adheres to the "Yes We Can" policy efficiently resolving customer's questions and requests
Consistently uses the 5 step GREAT program while interacting with customers: Greets and Engages Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Savings, Asks to Complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer
Able to learn and adapt to current technology to assist customer needs
Delivers the highest level of customer service through effective problem solving
Solicits, opens and activates Kohl's Charge applications and loyalty programs
Ensures that all cash handling procedures are done in accordance to policy and procedure
Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers
Flexible and willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis
Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis
Adherence to Kohl's policy and procedures
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting and attention to detail
Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
Prior retail experience
Comfortable with the use of technology consistently while performing the required tasks
Full Time- Vocational Counselor ( Charlottesville )
Do you have an interest, education or experience in human services? Know the Charlottesville and surrounding areas? Put your skills and passions to work helping individuals with disabilities achieve employment and independence. This is not an office job. Exact hours will depend on your clients' work hours and vocational needs. You must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, ability to plan your day and then shift gears, if necessary, to accommodate last-minute developments.
Please apply online through Workable or at www.thechoicegroup.com. The Choice Group retains submitted resumes and cover letters for 180 days, so candidates who have applied within that period need not reapply.
Provide supported employment, life skills training and related services to persons with disabilities in the Charlottesville and surrounding areas. At least a Bachelor degree in a related field and related experience is required. Signing skills are a plus. This position requires a self-starter with computer and time management skills, who can work a flexible schedule. This is NOT a 9-5, Monday through Friday job. Good driving record and documentation of adequate insurance required.
EOE/VEVRAA Federal Contractor- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Choice Group is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation: Compensation is excellent and based on education, experience, and additional applicable skills.
Specific job duties include:
* Assess client skills and abilities and requirements of specific employment situations for the purpose of job/client matching;
* Write Individual Service Plans (ISP), for each client outlining all goals, objectives and methods of evaluating goal attainment;
* Maintain required documentation on each client;
* Prepare written reports in the appropriate format for the referral source on a monthly, quarterly, or as-needed basis;
* Communicate with employers at local businesses to develop employment opportunities for specific clients with severe/most severe disabilities;
* Assist clients with application and interview process and coordinate arrangements for job placement;
* Train and counsel clients, in competitive employment using systematic instructional techniques, compensatory strategies, job adaptation/modification and positive behavioral support techniques;
* Monitor and evaluate client work performance by collecting skill acquisition and production data and obtaining feedback from client, employer and coworkers, providing additional training or intervention as needed;
* Provide on-going assessment and follow-along services as needed and authorized;
* Provide Independent Living Skills & Life Skills Training, to clients in community based, individual settings;
* Prepare written materials for clients, employers and counselors;
* Communicate with referral sources and other service providers on an on-going basis in a holistic approach to providing long-term service to persons with severe/most severe disabilities, including the need for (and use of) authorized hours in advance;
* Perform intake assessments;
* Provide job site consultations and back-up support as needed;
* Advocate the employment of persons with severe/most severe disabilities with family members, service providers and employers through one to one and group presentations;
* Participate in the process of achieving and maintaining CARF accreditation;
* Use a computer and telephone effectively;
* Communicate effectively with clients and staff verbally and in written form;
* Manage time effectively and have availability to work various hours of the day and night;
* Complete paperwork in a timely manner;
* Attend and actively engage in Employer Network meetings;
* Attend and actively engage in Supported Employment Provider Forums;
* Obtain and report relevant ongoing education;
* Participate in appropriate rehabilitation professional associations;
* Assist Director in training new staff;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Commercial Hvac/Sheet Metal Mechanic
Our mission at Moore's is simple: Build! Serve! Impact! But what exactly does that mean to you?
Being a member of this team has some pretty cool benefits. Not only do you get to "Build" things, but Moore's will help "Build" you and your career with our extensive career training programs including continuing trade specific education! Also, while you are "Serving" our customers, Moore's will "Serve" you by providing outstanding benefits. These include, but are not limited to:
Top pay for top performers
Industry leading vacation schedule Get your first week of paid vacation after 90 days!
401k with a company match
Full medical coverage including a Health Savings Account option
Become an owner with our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
We strive to make an "Impact" on our communities by being involved with projects that mean something to our friends and families. Hospitals, schools, universities, and churches are just a small sample of the type of projects we are involved with. Come make an "Impact" with us!
Moore's is separated into three different departments, one of which is our Commercial Construction Services department. Their Mechanical group is currently seeking knowledgeable HVAC/Sheet Metal Mechanics to "Build" our team, "Serve" our customers, and make an "Impact" in the Charlottesville and Richmond areas. So what do you need to join the team?
At least 5 years of HVAC/Sheet Metal experience in Commercial Construction
The "want to" and ability to train the future. Let's face it, we don't live forever!
Attention to detail and willingness to learn
We like to have fun, so bring your sense of humor!
Got what it takes to Build, Serve, and Impact with us? Apply now to the right of the screen! We would love to talk to you more about becoming the next member of the Moore's team!
Drug screen and background checks will be performed.
Moore's is an equal opportunity employer.
Part Time Wine Consultant
This is a part time position. Manage and supervise associates in the Wine/Beer Department.
Is responsible with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Responsible for assisting customers in the selection and purchase of wine and beer. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Harris Teeter's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; assist in appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Associates must be at least 18 years of age.
PERSONAL SKILLS. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Willingness to participate in and successfully complete required training and to work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and sales.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English]. Ability to write simple correspondence [in English]. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other associates of the organization who only speak English.
COMPUTER SKILLS. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of HT Internet software; E-mail; Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
REASONING ABILITY. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. Complete Company's training including but not limited to: new hire orientation, customer service network, safety, food safety, and product knowledge.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and reaches from 6-72 inches. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, or cold
conditions and moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Warehouse Lead Worker - Univ Of Virginia - Concessions
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Warehouse Lead Worker is responsible for receiving and processing incoming stock/product, preparing and completing orders for delivery or pickup, and performing inventory and quality controls. The warehouse lead worker may be responsible for oversight or delegation of responsibilities within the warehouse operation. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
Schedules and assigns daily work assignments to a team and oversees the completion of tasks
Performs transfers or products and/or merchandise to and from the warehouse
Responsible for receiving products and merchandise, checking for quality and damages to items, and the proper storage of the delivered products and merchandise
Responsible for operating equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
Perform physical inventory as needed
Processes requests for supplies, prepares merchandise for delivery, and prepares packages for shipping according to established procedures
Ensures security of company assets
Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
Previous warehouse experience required
Previous experience in a supervisory or related role preferred Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision
Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Basic math and counting skills required
Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs
Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!