Chart Calculator Job Description Sample
Clinical System Analyst- Epic/My Chart
The Clinical Systems Analyst I - Web Applications supports core functions of the health system's applications to enable cost-effective, high quality, efficient, and safe patient care. This position will implement, administer, and support assigned systems under the minimal guidance of senior members of the team. The position will have a good understanding of Epic modules, ancillary systems, and health system operations.
Provide tier-2 support of application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required.
Provide analytical assistance to junior team members to resolve application incidents, maintenance items, and enhancement requests.
Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use.
Coordinate application support with other information technology teams including Infrastructure, Integration, Reporting, and the help desk.
Lead small to medium complexity software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases.
Modify tables/master files, make additions and changes under the direction of senior team members.
Implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with department's policies and procedures.
Take ownership of low to medium complexity issues and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
Work with and mentor junior staff members to document workflows.
Assist senior team members in developing and maintaining requirements/specifications and test cases for new or enhanced functionality to department applications.
Participate in team and cross-team meetings and maintain appropriate meeting records.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Epic certification in relevant module. Epic MyChart experience a plus.
Two (2) or more years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience. Experience with Epic Cache Programming and Interconnect web services is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Mid-level Microsoft Office skills
Ability to diagnose and resolve routine technology problems
Ability and desire to learn to resolve specialized and advanced technology problems
Ability to establish a set of tasks and activities associated with an intended outcome and timeline
Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences
Ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to give information to and receive information from coworkers and clients in a tactfully and professional manner
Ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions
Ability to develop new skills and teach others
Ability to collaborate and build consensus with stakeholders
Ability to understand and adhere to operational standards, policies, and procedures
Ability to identify risks and issues
Ability to develop solutions for new and unfamiliar challenges
Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and interpret results
Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, in writing, and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate
Knowledge of current issues and trends in health care and clinical operations in a health care system
Knowledge of Epic Software as well as other information systems, clinical software, and computer applications used in a health care setting
Director: Finance, Administration, And Controls
Location: Pomona, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Engineering & Construction
Rate: Commensurate with Experience
This is a management position for a valued client in the Engineering & Construction industry and is responsible for financial oversight for an assigned Region as well as a Line of Business. This oversight includes, but is not limited to financial reporting, management of financial administrative support, fiscal forecasting, financial analysis, regional audit activities, cost control activities and various compliance activities. This position also has responsibility as a liaison between the assigned region and various corporate functions as required. With respect to the governance responsibilities described below, this position has a matrixed reporting relationship to the Corporate V-P of Finance.
This position requires strong financial and administrative management skills and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization and to external stakeholders and customers.
Direct reports include the Regional Controls Manager; Claims Manager, Procurement Manager, and Director of Assets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Active CPA license
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Construction or related
- 10 years of advanced management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively present ideas to team, management and stakeholders
- Extremely process/ detail oriented
- Big Four experience a plus
- Acts as the primary regional interface to various corporate functions on financial, procurement, administrative and information systems matters, providing a strong internal control environment and producing accurate and timely financial reporting for Regional and Corporate Management.
- Manages Regional Financial Management Services, Claims, Procurement (and Warehouse Function), Insurance and Asset departments which satisfy expected service levels and cost expectations of Corporate Management, the Region’s Executive Management, Line of Business Vice Presidents and Project Managers.
- Establishes and maintains an effective administrative capability in support of regional performance, efficiency and profitability goals.
- Manages budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure adequate financial, fleet and people resources are in place to meet performance and financial objectives.
- Delivers timely and accurate financial analysis to enhance and support effective and profitable business outcomes.
Provides a strong internal control environment and produces accurate and timely financial reporting to Regional and Corporate Management.
- Implement and maintain an effective system of financial internal controls, monitor compliance with policies and procedures, and implement improvements as needed.
- Support corporate audit function to ensure adequacy of internal controls for financial transactions.
- Manage the billing process and credit and collections to maximize cash flow.
- Manage formal Purchase Order process and other Company procurement procedures.
- Assure effective implementation of the Work Order System (WOS) for all customer contracts, and provide training and oversight as required.
- Review project set up and cost tracking with operations groups at the project level.
- Coordinate with project teams on the negotiating and approving of change orders, and assists with billing/collection issues.
- Review Earned Value reports, and report on potential financial risk on projects. (e.g., cost over- runs)
- Regularly communicate the status of regional financial performance to management and vested stakeholders.
- Coordinate with other Company financial personnel to ensure consistency in financial reporting across - lines of business and Regions.
- Actively participate in all monthly Project Status Review meetings.
- Develop, implement and maintain all required weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting.
- Ensure project cost and revenue budgets are accurate for use in calculating backlog and revenue recognition
- Manage customer and regulatory requests for audits in conjunction with corporate management.
- Management of Regional Office Managers / Line of Business Controllers and their direct reports, (and key leaders of the Regional, Claims, Procurement, Insurance and Asset Departments.
- In conjunction with the regional Continuous Improvement (CI) platform, develop and implement process improvements and best practices across all lines of business and regional offices to improve operational effectiveness.
- Measure, monitor and direct the progress of work relative to identified goals for timeliness, efficiency, and customer orientation.
- Coordinate the review of Contracts, Subcontracts, Insurance certificate requests and PO’s for compliance with company requirements.
- Create and implement strategies to reduce costs through the efficient use of shared services.
- Support Project Management Methodology by providing strong project level controls and providing the appropriate project-level financial and administrative staffing and training
- Develop, implement and manage regional administrative policies and procedures and ensure consistency across all lines of business and all regional offices Actively participate in the development of staff, taking a significant role in charting the career advancement of subordinates to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Support a culture where core values are the foundation of how clients, employees, vendors and subcontractors all work together in the attainment of regional business goals
- Ensure all direct reports are engaged in and embrace Our Client’s Safety Culture.
- Monitor department productivity against current project and business needs, and forecast staffing needs to ensure optimization of resources. Establish and monitor training and mentoring programs for financial and support staff.
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure visibility of backlog of work-in-progress and of upcoming opportunities, to facilitate resource planning.
- Support annual capital expenditures budget and the disposition of assets.
- Financial ownership of annual equipment replacement and additions budget.
- Participates in the review of proposals and estimates to ensure reasonable Overhead cost assumptions are utilized.
- Provide status of regional financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Provide recommendations and advice to region’s senior management regarding improvements to financial performance.
- Develop large project Financial Profiles with actual versus budget on cost components.
- Monitor weekly job cost reports and provide variance reports and recommendations.
- Develop pro-forma overhead calculations in support of large project proposals.
- Develop detailed strategic plans of various initiatives as directed by regional or corporate management.
- Coordinate real estate issues for the region in conjunction with the Corporate Facilities Director.
- BS in accounting, finance or related business, engineering, or construction disciplines
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced Management Skills
- Finance/Accounting Acumen
- Listening, mentoring and constructive feedback skills
- Exceptional Organizational Ability
- Project/Process Management Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
- Talent Development
- Financial Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong Ethics and Integrity
Accounting Bookkeeper To ZFM
ABOUT THE JOB
FRAMACO is currently seeking a dedicated individual with a passion for continuous improvement to join our outstanding team of professionals based in Rye Brook, Westchester, NY for our ZFM partnership. ZFM (http://www.zaframinhas.com) which is our sister business and widely recognized in the New York marketplace and International Construction world as a leader in Procurement, Logistics and Construction Management with over 50 years of combined Legendary Service.
Based in Rye Brook, NY, the Bookkeeper will handle the following responsibilities: Creation of financial transactions and Preparation of Financial Reports generated from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals via QuickBooks from such source documents as invoices to customers and invoices from suppliers. The bookkeeper will be responsible for accurately maintaining chart of accounts, G/L and annual budget. The bookkeeper will also reconcile multiple bank accounts. The candidate must have working experience in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, annual budget and budget detail, bank reconciliations, payroll and payroll reporting, financial statements and financial reporting.
Proficiency in Quick Books is a must
Strong analytical skills essential
Strong organizational skills essential
Principal Accountabilities are as follows:
Track and process invoices for Supplier and Subcontractors in a timely manner
Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
Maintain the petty cash fund
Provide information to the external CPAs who create the company’s financial statements for audit
Maintain the chart of accounts
Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Set up new employees; collect and summarize timesheets; coordinate with payroll company and fill out certified payroll forms
Efficiently and effectively process, organize, copy and file routine project management-related forms and documents, including, but not limited to: Bidding Process, Submittals, Requests for Information, Contracts, Purchase Orders, Work Orders, Amendments, Meeting Minutes, Construction Permits, Project Schedule Updates, Project Team Correspondence and Communications, and Project Closeout Information.
Provide organized, consistent and effective project coordination support to designated Project Management, Team members, subcontractors and vendors..
The Accounting Bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent work experience, as well as a very good knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with an excellent knowledge of the QuickBooks accounting software package.
As a candidate for this position you will need to have the following Qualifications, Experience &
5 years minimum experience in an office setting with office management as preference
Proficiency in the use of office equipment
Excellent English Language Skills, spoken & written.
Zafra Minhas, LLC http://www.zaframinhas.com
Director Of Fund Accounting
As the Director for the discretionary funds, there are key roles and responsibilities that are required to meet and exceed expectations that will be used to evaluate performance. These areas are outlined below. The Director will supervise a team of 3-4 employees including an Accounting Manager and will report directly to the Investment Accounting Senior Controller.
In addition to the below responsibilities, the closed end funds are a critical investment portfolio for Investment Management and thus the individual in this role will need to be a self-starter, independent thinker, and able to collaborate with multiple departments. Experience with accounting for closed ended funds as well as extensive experience reviewing fund formation documents is required.
The financial reporting process is an integral part of Investment Accounting. The fund reports financials in accordance with US GAAP. The Director’s responsibilities include; perform final review of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements. The monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement review process should include reviewing the monthly reporting work-papers and reconciling accounts, performing a budget to actual variance analysis of the property financials, reviewing and verifying the quarterly waterfall calculations, reviewing the referenced and tied out consolidated financials, reviewing the tables and charts that will be included within the management discussion and analysis (“MD&A”), reviewing the MD&A supplied by the Portfolio Manager, and reviewing the compilation of the equity income pick-up to the Corporate Accounting team.
In addition, the Controller has ultimate responsibility for ensuring that he or she has reviewed the fund limited partnership agreement (LPA) and is well versed on the mechanics dictated by the LPA which impact, among other things, reporting, fee calculations, taxes, compliance, capital calls and distributions, and subsequent closings. In addition to the LPA, the Controller will be responsible for reviewing all Limited Partner side letter agreements for their impact on the above stated items. The Controller will be responsible for ensuring that every calculation or review completed by the team is in compliance with all agreements.
Through side letter agreements or ad hoc requests, investors may request reporting in addition to the quarterly financial statements and partner capital statements. This reporting is specifically tailored to the partner’s needs and is crucial in ensuring that we exude the highest standard of quality reporting in the eyes of our stakeholders. These requests may be a requirement of the agreement and ongoing requests or may come in the form of ad hoc requests from the investor. It is the Controller’s responsibility to work with the Manager to prepare and review these deliverables prior to being sent. Depending on level of complexity, it may be necessary to discuss these reports with the Senior Controller and Portfolio Manager prior to sending.
It is the Director's responsibility to work with the Manager and Portfolio Management team to analyze the cash position of the portfolios and use this knowledge to facilitate discussions with the Senior Controller and Portfolio Manager where necessary. The Manager should also collaborate with the staff in their daily cash management functions to manage cash needs of the fund, as well as review the Accounting Manager’s sources and uses files weekly and use this as a tool to perform the cash analysis.
The Controller will be responsible for ensuring that capital calls and distributions are planned appropriately to meet the needs of the fund and its investors. The Controller should review and approve contribution and distribution packets prepared by the team and ensure final notices have been sent to investors.
Investment acquisitions are a very sensitive and complicated process within the Investment Accounting group. During the closing, it is the Director’s responsibility to be involved in reviewing the Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSA), settlement statement, and any other closing documents, allocating the closing/completion payment across entities when necessary, working with the team to prepare and deliver the closing capital call, and reviewing the opening entries for the property accounting team. During the closing process, it may be necessary to have meetings between Asset Management, Portfolio Management, and Investment Accounting. It is the Director’s responsibility to keep the team informed as to timeline and deal specific information. It will also be important the Director works with the Manager to document and support each step of this process in order to help facilitate with the audits.
It is the Director’s responsibility to review and reference the PSA, settlement statement, and other closing documents, manage the wind down expenses, manage the disposition distribution to LPs (working alongside portfolio management as well as the tax department), manage the disposition true-up, and manage the entity shut down and preparation of all closing entries. It is the Director’s responsibility to communicate with property accounting, portfolio management and tax to make sure all teams are on the same page as to treatment of the disposition proceeds. It will also be important the Director works with the Manager to document and support each step of this process in order to help facilitate with the audits.
With regards to both Investment Acquisitions and Dispositions as well as additional investor commitments, the Director will be responsible for ensuring that he or she has reviewed and understands any impact on structuring and flow of funds as required. In addition, tax implications may result in new structuring which will be critical to the economics of the fund. The Controller will need to work with tax and legal to understand and execute any steps required of the fund transactions.
Business Reporting and Fund Economics
As the primary point of contact for closed end fund financial reporting, the Controller will be responsible for providing the Corporate Investment Accounting team with annual 5 year business plans and reforecasts. The Controller will need to work with the Portfolio Manager to confirm future assumptions and provide analysis for deviations from expected results. In addition, the Controller will be responsible for ensuring that the team is staffed appropriately and discuss any staffing needs with the Senior Controller. The Controller will be responsible for ensuring that internal and external resources receive the information and training needed and that feedback is provided on a continual basis. The Director will need to inform the Senior Controller promptly of any staffing issues or needs.
JOB SCOPE: This position works very closely with the Sales and Production teams across 46 districts. This incumbent will be responsible for creating announcements and communications. Also tracking measurements and various performance metrics for awards and recognition. This position will also be responsible for assisting with National field events.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in the creation of miscellaneous announcements/publications with intent to enhance and motivate the sales force. Procure information and publish an assortment of recognition certificates for the Districts. Assist in the coordination at sales functions, including the creation of support materials, to ensure its success. Identify and announce winners of weekly sales contests. Assist in the creation of new ways to enhance morale within the sales teams.
• Compiles precise records for all business card orders and handles payments with vendor
• Processes and ships all Field ID Badges and Field E-Cards and orders field support supplies
• Extracts and calculates reports used in tracking Sales/Production contests and incentive programs
• Obtains accurate reports to determine monthly region/district award winners, ordering plaques, creating certificates and distributing
• Identifies and announces winners of weekly sales contests
• Maintains field organizational district assignment charts and maintains monthly field activity calendar
• Assist in the creation of misc. announcements/publications with the intent to enhance and motivate the field teams
• Follow up on phone inquiries involving sales and production concerns
• Oversee front desk and ensure compliance to industry standards as it relates to visitors
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with Adobe PhotoShop
• The ability to effectively manage time and handle multiple tasks with time constraints
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written is essential
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to interact with management of all levels
• Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude
Medical, Dental and Vison
Near Mason, MI
This position is offering full time work with a multi-million-dollar company. This company offers growth potential, both financially and professionally. A full benefits package and a generous paid time off program is included with this opportunity!
- Set-up / operate machine parts per specified tolerance on CNC lathes and/or mills
Complete quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
Operate overhead cranes to arrange material on machines.
- Calculates angular / linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and certifications a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in large-part machining and blueprint reading
- Experience in a job shop environment is ideal
Proven knowledge of computers and electronics, computer numerical control, and basics of CNC programming.
- Must have experience reading, understanding and following basic blueprints, diagrams, and engineering drawings
- Experience utilizing a feed & speed chart or a calculator to determine appropriate feeds, speeds, and depth of cuts
- Proficient using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers
- Must have a flexible schedule (Occasionally work overtime and weekends as work load dictate)
2nd shift (4:30pm- 2:30am)
Ask for: Kaitlyn Davis
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for a variety of clerical and filing duties including the scanning of reports into charts, processing requests for medical records releases, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, and assisting patients in front desk area.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to HR Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
1. Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Accommodates any patient need(s). Answers any patient questions, informs back office of each patient’s arrival.
2. Verifies and updates patient insurance information in the system for each patient at each visit. Runs a copy of both sides of the patient’s insurance card at each visit. Scan copy of insurance card (front and back) and driver’s license into the electronic medical records system.
3. Uses the computer system to generate information necessary for billing. Maintains current understanding of patient medical insurance changes, including HMO and PPO coverage and copay levels.
4. Collects copay/surgery deposits/balances, provides any forms needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
5. Answers telephone in a pleasant manner and deals with patient needs expeditiously. Maintains patient confidentiality, whether speaking with a patient in person, on the telephone, or while looking at a chart.
6. Records all payments and provides receipts to patients
7. Balances cash, check, and credit card receipts at the end of the day. Total each category amount of cash, checks, and credit card receipts at the end of day, complete deposit slip for cash and checks indicating patient account # on checks, Make copy of all checks and cash. Run credit card detail report and settle credit card machine. Copy deposit slip and credit card detail report. Scan deposit slip and credit card detail report into the electronic medical records system for charge entry.
8. Processes triage phone calls and directs to the appropriate medical personnel
9. Scans in all necessary paperwork from patient’s visit (i.e. Financial forms, history forms)
10. Scans in established patients charts prior to their arrival for their first electronic medical record visit
11. Scans in all reports and notes that come into the office via fax or mail
12. Prints Provider schedules for the day and distributes.
13. Completes tasks in a timely fashion
14. Process’s patient portal appointment requests and submissions of demographic forms
15. Schedule patient appointments and maintain appropriate scheduling times for quality patient flow.
16. Copies records when requested with proper approval. Requests may come in person, via telephone, via e-mail or fax. Requestors should be notified of corporate policy and copying fees for medical records prior to copying records.
17. Maintains files and records in a confidential manner. Type’s correspondence as requested.
18. Reviews new Provider schedules when issued and checks for changes that require rescheduling of patients. Reschedules patients as necessary when Provider schedules change.
This jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED. Completion of medical terminology course preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two year's experience in customer service setting, preferably six months receptionist experience in health care setting and experience with office equipment. One-year of general clerical and computer experience preferred with some expose to medical terminology.
REQUIREMENTS: Ability to multitask and maintain a positive attitude.
1. Knowledge of receptionist tasks, office policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of how to use office equipment including telephone, computer, copies and fax machine.
3. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology
5. Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type simple correspondence.
6. Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make simple calculations.
1. Skill in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
2. Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
3. Skill in using computer programs and applications.
1. Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the telephone and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, providers, staff and other customers.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
3. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
4. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work may require some hand dexterity for office machine operation, frequent stooping and bending to files and supplies, or occasional lifting up to 50 pounds to waist height. Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard. Need to be able to lift and store boxes of medical records in storage areas. Sitting for 7-8 hours per day as receptionist. Vision must be corrected to 20/20 and hearing must be in normal range. Must be able to view computer screens for long periods. Occasional stress related workload and customers with problems. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment that is well ventilated and well lighted, around the patient files. Involves contact with staff and customers. Work may be repetitious at times.
Responsible for performing detailed customer audits that determine if a customer is within contractual terms, calculate Early Term Fees if applicable and track to resolution. Analyst also scopes disconnect, researches services, analyzes contracts, and ensures accurate billing. Responsible for working Early Terminations according to volume, managing assessments from start to finish and ensuring all outstanding issues have been reconciled. Takes ownership and accountability of any billing disputes related to Early Term Assessments and communicate results to stakeholders.
Research services, related orders, MSAs and any amendments to provide an Early Term Liability Estimate.
•Extract data from contract management, provisioning and billing systems for analysis.
•Audit and evaluate customer’s invoices, contracts, and orders to ensure revenue (ETL) is billed appropriately and adequate margin is obtained. Accurately interpret standard and non-standard contracts. Implement new audits and metrics as the business changes.
•Optimize database including query development and warehousing to transform large volumes of data into actionable audits
•Support ad-hoc requests, reports and projects. Participate in operational reviews with stakeholders.
•Coordinate with Margin Assurance, Carrier Relations and Commercial Services Groups as needed to assess/validate third party liability. Proactively work with Sales, Account and Disconnect teams and customers to ensure accuracy of ETL.
•Manage lifecycle of Early Term Liability assessments. Document processes.
•Coordinate with Margin Assurance, Carrier Relations and Commercial Services Groups as needed to assess/validate third party liability. Proactively work with Sales, Account and Disconnect teams and customers to ensure accuracy of ETL.
•Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 2-4 years of experience or 1 year of experience with a Master's Degree.
•Good problem-solving skills and ability to methodically work through complex issues.
•Excellent ability to effectively generate cross-departmental cooperation between operational groups, business product units, process and systems professionals.
•Ability to conduct detailed data analysis. Microsoft Office suite (Excel with Analysis Tool pack functions, pivot and chart wizards; PowerPoint; Word; Access; Project) and other reporting and data analysis tools. Telecom network experience preferred.
•Understanding of Revenue or Margin Assurance principles.
•Understanding of Telecom OSS/BSS environments.
•Experience a plus with MS SQL BI Suite (Enterprise Manager, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
•Experience a plus in various reporting tools (SSRS, Crystal Reports, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Brio, etc.). Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
•Experience with process mapping preferred.
•Excellent judgment and decision-making capabilities.
•Product knowledge preferred.
Medical Assistant / PSR
UCSF Benioff Children’s Physicians (UBCP) is a multispecialty physician foundation, and an associated clinically integrated network. Our primary goal is to foster physician collaboration to deliver the most advanced maternal and pediatric care throughout Northern California and beyond. We have OB-GYN,Pediatric and Maternal-Fetal Medicine clinics located throughout the San Francisco Bay area.
Under direct supervision of the Care Center Supervisor, the Medical Assistant provides clinical support for patients and physicians in the practice by performing a variety of back office, patient-related tasks, and ensuring smooth patient and work flows within the department.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Service Standards: Demonstrated ability to remain professional, even when working through difficult situations, support the vision of the Care Center and the core values of UCSF Benioff Children’s Physicians.
II. Role Delineation
- Manages rooming and patient flow, including pre-visit preparation, assisting with the patient visit, and post-visit duties.
- Escorts patient to the exam room within 5 minutes of his/her appointment time or within 5 minutes of registration time if the patient arrives late. Follows all other rooming standards as established by UBCP.
- Assists the clinician as necessary as a team member when necessary.
- Employs lean techniques to support smooth patient work flows.
- Notifies patient of delays in accordance with UBCP standards, giving him/her the option of rescheduling.
- Informs provider of schedule changes that impact patient flow.
- Prepares patients for appropriate exams/procedures by reviewing EHR (Electronic Health Record) for health maintenance, disease management, overdue or due-soon services and pends orders, when appropriate.
- Gathers appropriate documents and signatures necessary to assist the Clinician in making treatment decisions, i.e. immunization consent etc.
- Ensures that exam rooms are clean, stocked and appropriately set up each day prior to rooming patients.
- Assists in patient education by providing informational pamphlets and after care instructions, and/or after visit summary as instructed by the Clinician or according to UBCP Policy.
- Refers care outside of the Medical Assistant position to the appropriate licensed personnel.
- Assists Clinician with EHR In-Basket management for prescription refills results, authorizations/referrals and non-clinical secure e-messages in accordance with UBCP standards.
- Follows UBCP policies and procedures for managing patient and pharmacy callbacks in a timely manner.
- Receives and records lab/radiological test results (may include outside medical records) via telephone or computer and ensures that those results and related reports are with the patient’s medical record at the time of the patient’s visit.
- May communicate normal rest results only to the patient upon the direction of the Clinician.
- Relays Clinician instructions/orders to pharmacy (refills only without changes), patients and other entities via computer, phone, fax or email.
- Washes or sanitizes hands per hand hygiene policy.
- Appropriately uses personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintains Sterile Technique at all times, as appropriate.
- Uses standard precautions, proper technique and always appropriately deploys safety devices on all syringes.
- Performs tests, and collects/prepares specimens per written order specific electronic order of the Clinician.
- Having completed all required training, performs 12 lead EKGs.
- Having completed all required training, correctly applies splints and braces as ordered by the Clinician.
- Follows the 6 rights of safe medication administration.
- May administer ordered medications via intradermal, subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, oral, sublingual, topical, vaginal, rectal or inhalation, with evidence of successful completion of formal competency verification.
- Follows Medical Assistant Medication Review workflow approved by UBCP.
- Obtains medication review. Notes allergies as well as verifies medications that the patient is currently using. May not independently add or delete a medication from the medication list.
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Documentation
What the Medical Assistant can enter into the record before the Clinician is in the room:
- Consistent with the UBCP policies and procedures, MAs must obtain and document in EHR or paper chart complete and accurate vital signs (minimum of three), Including blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature, weight and height, appropriate for the patient’s reason for visit, prior to the Clinician seeing the patient. Medications being taken and allergies will also be documented at each visit.
- Consistent with UCSF Benioff Children’s Physicians UBCP policies and procedures, MAs may document exact quotes of patient’s description of the chief complaint into the EHR. Those notes are to be reviewed and signed off by the Clinician.
What the Medical Assistant can enter into the record while the Clinician is in the room – also known as “Scribing”
- MAs can enter verbal dictation from the Clinician and patient into the EHR.
What types of orders can be pended
- A Medical Assistant may not execute any unsigned the orders until the Clinician has signed off in the EHR.
Care of Medical Equipment and Maintenance Responsibilities
- Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment as outlined by UBCP policies and procedures, manufacturer instructions, or by other accepted methods.
- Maintains daily/weekly/monthly logs as required by appropriate regulatory agencies and UBCP policies and procedures (i.e. autoclave, refrigerator/freezers, CLIA binder, etc)
- Ensures that medical supplies are maintained at appropriate inventory levels and are not expired.
- Maintains the safety and integrity of medical equipment, including inspecting the equipment for damage and/or the need for replacement of faulty equipment. Such faulty equipment must be reported to the appropriate person and removed from service.
- Ensures the proper disposal of biohazards and sharps waste.
- Ensures all medication cabinets are locked according to UBCP policies and procedures. Samples must be stored in a locked cabinet. For routine, non-controlled medicine storage, the medication must be stored in a lockable cabinet. Routing medications should be in an area not readily accessible to non-staff.
Universal Criteria – Planning and Time Utilization
- Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision or direction.
- Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within established departmental timeframes.
Essential Skills, Bodies of Knowledge And Abilities That Are Required For The Position
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant, with all of the skills required by the State of California for that certification or achieve certification within six months of employment.
- Medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Universal Precautions.
- Medication Administration
- Must have passed pre-screen assessment prior to hire. Completion of medication test is also required. Candidates must pass Medical Assistant competency exam with 85% for consideration.
- High performer expectation with the goal of providing an excellent patient experience for every patient and every family member.
- Teamwork and partnership skills to participate as a teammate with the Clinician and other team members.
- AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank You) is a framework for the employees to communicate with customers, as well as with each other. Medical Assistants must be competent and validated in AIDET and other service excellence tools and tactics.
- Competent in adjusting to change and willingness to participate in process improvement projects and tasks.
- Dosage calculation skills as proven by successful completion of medication test and no less frequently than annual competency assessment.
- Possess organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, using lean techniques for standard work.
- Excellent written communication skills, including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Computer skills including patient scheduling software and EHR.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such as medical record documentation, taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, etc.
- Ability to efficiently operate office equipment, i.e. computer, telephone, fax, photocopy machine, etc.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities paying particular attention to detail.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and demands on time, while remaining calm.
- Maintain certification or licensure from an approved certification agency, if applicable.
Universal Criteria – Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of, and consistently adheres to UBCP policies and procedures.
- Attends and actively participates in department and facility meetings and classes.
- Adheres to UCSF Benioff Children’s Physicians’s behavior and service standards.
Universal Criteria –Safety
- Follows safety procedures, operates equipment and performs job related duties in a safe manner which prevents accidents from occurring.
- Maintains a clean, neat and safe working environment sufficient to prevent injury.
Universal criteria – Compliance
- Complies with all laws and regulations that govern the healthcare industry.
- Complies with all state laws and regulations as well as UBCP policies and procedures with respect to the Medical Assistant’s role.
Equipment Or Machines That Must Be Operated To Perform The Job Acceptably
Ability to operate following equipment: telephone and headset, computer, fax and copy machines, printers, electronic and manual scales, blood pressure devices, electronic thermometers, ophthalmoscope, otoscope, O2 pulse oximeters, syringes, stethoscope, wheelchairs, liquid nitrogen supplies, urometer, glucometer, stadiometer, point of care testing equipment and other equipment used in the medical office.
Clinicians to assist as needed; other department personnel to share information needed to complete job duties, peers to share information as needed.
Patients and Patient’s Families to assist in implementation of medical care; insurance companies share information; Pharmacies, Pharmaceutical Reps to facilitate medication orders and samples and other medical Clinicians and health care facilities to share information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of the job.
An individual will be exposed to the following while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Blood and/or body fluids
- Communicable disease
- Needles and other sharps
- Toxic/Caustic chemicals
- Violent patients
- Electromagnetic energy
Adheres to all UBCP policies and procedures (i.e. Administrative and Human Resources), practices safe work habits, and engages in good business standards and practices.
1. Effectively utilizes electronic health record, Microsoft outlook and MS Office Suite.
2. Takes a proactive view of daily and weekly clinician schedules, fills openings via the waiting lists and through requesting patient names from clinicians. Works diligently to keep clinicians’ schedules full.
1. Provides friendly, knowledgeable and responsive internal and external customer service. Sets appropriate expectations for patient and staff like.
2. Utilizes EHR to communicate about appointment details. Keeps other administrative team members well-informed of any patient(s) or physicians(s) needs, schedule changes, etc.
3. Keeps Supervisor informed in a timely manner of customer compliments, complaints, or problems with clinical services.
1. Maintains current knowledge of all physicians and services of the practice.
2. Maintains charting compliance with current standards.
3. Consistently extends a professional, warm environment by using a pleasant tone of voice and maintaining composure at all times.
4. Attends staff meetings and other gatherings, as required.
5. Holds self and peers accountable to uphold the Standards of Behavior regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, religious, affiliation, disability, socioeconomic background, education, sexual orientation, marital status, gender, age or position.
Other Job Functions
1. Complies with all HIPAA regulation and UBCP standards of patient confidentiality.
2. Accepts and performs other job related duties, projects and responsibilities, as required.
Entry Level Formal Education, Experience Vocational Training and/or Certifications and Licenses
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Graduate of an approved MA program, which includes injectable training
- Current certification in CPR/BLS from approved agency
- Evidence of completion of infection control training per 1983 CDC guidelines
- Minimum of 2 years of Medical Assisting/Specimen Handling-Phlebotomy
We offer a competitive benefits package including a very generous 401(k) and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans.
It is the policy of UCSF Benioff Children’s Physicians to provide equal employment for all qualified individuals; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, disability or status as a veteran or a disabled veteran. Equal employment opportunities apply to every aspect of UBCP’s employment policies and practices.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Lvn)
Colonial Care Center is looking for an exceptional Licensed Vocational Nurse to join the team!
This position is responsible for assuring physicians’ orders are followed and quality care is provided on each shift in a skilled care facility. The Licensed Vocational Nurse assists in providing a clean, safe, dignified, happy and healthy environment for residents by performing the duties as described below.
· Complies with the facility’s attendance policy requiring regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
· Prepares and passes medications as indicated. Administer medications according to policy and procedure. Observe and document patient's response to pertinent medications; RN may be assigned to administer medications if necessary.
· Ensures medications are documented and ordered in a timely fashion and in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
· Prepares and administers treatments as indicated. Performs resident treatments in accordance with physician orders and evaluates and documents the resident’s response to the treatment; RN may be assigned to administer treatments if necessary.
· Contacts the attending physicians for required orders, as needed.
· Administers medication and treatment following regulatory guidelines.
· Adheres to “pour, pass and chart” method of medication administration.
· Monitors side effects of medications as indicated.
· Provides pain medication interventions as ordered, including evaluation of interventions.
· Provides resident teaching regarding medication as required.
· Monitors condition changes and properly documents and follows-up as necessary.
· Reports labs and x-rays results, condition changes, and incidents, etc., in a timely manner to physicians and family members/responsible parties as needed.
· Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
· Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
· Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
· Assures residents are provided with good nutrition and with necessary fluids for hydration.
· Assures that documentation is accurate: Completed timely, weekly summaries are completed per schedule
· Assures each resident is given care to prevent formation and progression of decubiti, contractures, and deformities. Care includes:
o Encouraging, assisting, and training in self-care and activities of daily living
o Maintaining proper body alignment and joint movement to prevent contractures, and deformities
o Using pressure-reducing devises when indicated
o Carrying out physician’s orders for treatment of decubitus ulcers.
· Daily Medicare charting completed per facility policy.
· Implements measures to prevent and reduce incontinence for residents, including:
o Initiates within two weeks of admission of an incontinent resident, a written assessment by a licensed nurse to determine the patient’s ability to participate in a bowel and/or bladder management program.
o Creates an individualized plan, in addition to the patient care plan, for each resident in a bowel and/or bladder management program.
o Provides a weekly written evaluation in the progress notes by a licensed nurse of the resident’s
performance in the bowel and/or bladder management program.
· Records fluid intake and output:
o If ordered by physician
o For each patient with an indwelling catheter, evaluate records weekly and include evaluation in progress notes.
· Makes actual patient rounds, assessing and observing the following at least three times per day:
o Monitoring vital signs as necessary with appropriate interventions as indicated
o Restraint application
o Hydration/nutritional status/feeding program
o Actual patient interviews
o Observation of new admissions, including skin, vital signs, special care needs
o Pre/post-dialysis assessment
o Monitoring lab and x-ray values related to patient’s condition
o Incontinence and related interventions
o Skin care and/or changes of skin condition
o Use of proper assistive devices
o Ensures timely response to call lights
o Ensures that diets are served to residents as ordered
· Makes ongoing assessments and interventions related to changes of patient condition:
o Acute changes in condition: nausea, diarrhea, infections, LOC changes, confusion
o Pain management/intervention
o Monitor behavior and provide interventions as indicated
o Wound treatments
o Therapy treatments o Incidents; falls, etc. o Patient complaints
o Abnormal laboratory values
o Identifies/assesses emergency medical situations and provides appropriate interventions as indicated
· Assists physician with resident assessment (patient bedside care rounds).
· Evaluates residents for bowel and bladder program.
· Performs peripheral intravenous insertion, peripheral site changes, peripheral dressing changes, and assessing intravenous insertion site for s/s of infection and/or need for changes.
· Assists with all admission and discharges.
· Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
· During treatments and personal care, assures residents are provided with visual privacy.
· Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system promptly to determine patients’ needs.
· Maintains oxygen equipment, changing humidifier bottles as scheduled.
· Provides proper infection control to ensure resident care and safety.
· Establishes and implements patient plans of care and documents care provided appropriately.
· Performs other duties or functions as assigned by the DON, Administrator, or RN.
Provides direction to CNAs. Responsibilities include advising management regarding performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
LVN license from the State of California.
Current First Aid and CPR Card.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, ratios proportions, and volume in practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic computer skills, including being able to access data and print documents.
Current, verifiable license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California and must remain in good standing with the licensing board. The nursing license must be maintained in a current status and provide evidence of renewal as required by the facility’s policies and procedures.
Medical/Dental/Vision/401K Match (full time
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!