Chatham Job Description Sample
Implementations Consultant - London
Fast growing global provider of data automation to the financial services industry seeks your data analysis, configuration and strong client facing skills for the role of Senior Consultant, based out London. This full-time role focuses on the implementation of our core software products to clients throughout the UK and Europe.
Our market experience, coupled with technical expertise, has provided the foundation for creating the market-leading data automation and management solution. By applying our core capabilities to a number of business problems we are able to deliver pre-configured solutions that address data requirements in an easy to use way.
We pride ourselves on our straightforward and honest approach from a project and commercial perspective. This is the basis of our strong client relationships which allows us to work with an impressive customer list of industry leaders in Banking, Financial Services, Insurance and Energy Trading.
Due to our flexible operating model, we can adapt quickly to new technologies, market conditions and regulatory frameworks to provide our clients with an agile service that is rarely seen in the industry. Our technology is different, as is the way we do business.
The candidate must demonstrate a keenness to learn about both the software and the finance industry itself. They must be able to produce and respond to detailed written and oral communication.
An interest in computing/technology is highly desirable. Elements of the software are designed to allow users to transfer Excel skills so a good knowledge of Excel or Access would be beneficial, as well as any SQL and XML skills.
We are looking for a confident, hard-working, intelligent person with a keen attitude to join the team and get involved. We are a fast-growing company and the role is likely to change as we grow and you will play a vital part in defining what that role is as time goes on. A willingness to take responsibility is also very important for us. We want people who when they see a problem, do something about it not say it isn’t in their job description.
As a Senior Consultant, you will work with both the Sales and Delivery teams to ensure that business needs are fully understood to aid new client acquisition, ongoing account development and project implementations.
The nature of our software means it can meet a very wide range of business requirements. It is used to automate and manage the processing of any kind of information ranging from website scraping to email attachments and faxes. It is extremely flexible and provides an automation toolkit that includes complex data manipulation, reporting capabilities, workflow and email notifications which can all be configured by non-technical users. There are endless uses to improve efficiency in the large organisations we work with. A foundation of the role therefore will be the ability to understand extremely varied business processes and then communicate requirements effectively to the technical teams, managing change, producing documents and assisting with building demos in the software as needed.
- Working with our prospects and client to ensure that the business needs are fully understood and working with Product Leads to define the required solution
- Supporting the business development team on new sales opportunities, ensuring that product demonstrations and POCs are meeting business needs
- Developing a detailed understanding of a customer’s specific challenges and requirements, producing requirements documents and assisting with the creation of software solution documents – ensuring that scope change is tightly controlled
- Advise clients on how business processes could be improved
- Working the marketing team meeting existing clients to build case studies
- During project implementations, identifying areas for working with the Product Leads to design solutions where appropriate
- Support project deliveries as required, for example running workshops to understand complex business processes or performing business scenario based testing
- Work with technical teams to drive resolution of support and usability issues
- Build out our business analysis capability, coaching and mentoring the Delivery team
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High competence in eliciting business requirements and managing client workshops
- Strong commercial awareness, excellent client facing and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter & have strong communication skills
- Ability to rapidly understand the customer environment and need
- Customer facing and experience of operating within a financial services environment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!