Cheese Cutter Job Description Sample
Production Line & Cheese Cutter
We are looking for someone to help prepare and cut assortment of different cheeses, work on a olive oil filling line and other small packaging lines. Hours of work will be 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday, 1 hour lunch break.
- Hard Worker
- Listens to instructions
- Cleanliness when dealing with food
- Self sufficient
- Speaks English
Wine & Cheese Sales Associates (Brand Ambassadors)
Exciting entry level role currently hiring in Los Angeles Orange County! The sales associate is needed to help brand our new line of artisan cheeses. We work with concepts like Ralph, a very popular deli/bakery in the area.
$16/hour if you're a performer!
We offer a unique line of flavored cheeses that are really grabbing the public's attention and starting to expand in every way on the west coast. So this is what we are looking for:
A team player who has drive and ambition to help us grow in an even bigger way. Someone who can work Thursday -- Monday (6 hours / day) and has an Economy car.
You will be given a table and cloth and you will be trained on how to do an elegant presentation. The job is displaying and selling a high-end cheese brand. If you are a performer and are progressing well you can make $16/hour.
Please submit your resume if interested!
Plant Manager - Cheese Manufacturing
The Plant Manager is responsible for providing direction and strategic planning in all areas of responsibility to include administration, production, processing, packaging, quality, maintenance, warehousing, shipping, purchasing, safety, and environmental. This role serves as a liaison between this plant and corporate departments to include Operations, Sales, New Product Development, QA, Finance, Customer Service, Distribution, Procurement, and Human Resources, as well as to State and Federal regulatory agencies.
This position is responsible for all aspects of operations at this site. This individual must ensure that production is scheduled in an efficient manner, and that a properly trained workforce is maintained to ensure that processes are executed safely and with a focus that optimizes manufacturing costs while meeting company product quality standards.
This individual will be responsible to maintain and consistently manage company policies and programs, and will have direct responsibility to maintain the facility within high quality standards that meet or exceed regulatory and customer specifications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for all plant operations including coordination between departments to ensure that all production, maintenance, safety, quality and sanitation goals are met. Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Act as a conduit to provide feedback to corporate on changes of processes and procedures and how they impact the products and employees on the front lines.
- Select, mentor and motivate departmental leaders within the plant.
- Coordinate, attend and maintain effective and efficient production, safety, quality, maintenance and sanitation meetings.
- Work with departmental leaders to influence and lead change that will improve individual, team and business performance.
- Provide coaching to plant maintenance, quality, safety, logistics, sanitation and production team leaders.
- Provide supervisory and leadership responsibility in the areas of performance management, employee relations, mentoring, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations and employee corrective actions.
- Partner with Human Resources on talent management, company policy, performance reviews and talent acquisition.
- Continuous improvement initiatives: responsible for expense control, to include shrink, labor and overhead costs.
- Implement plant safety programs and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the Plant SQF & Food Security Policy / Program to assess potential food security risks. Ensure that food security preventive measures are being implemented and routinely audited regarding the manufacturing, handling and storage of all food ingredients, as well as finished goods.
- Responsible for all corporate, customer and government audits to ensure compliance. Maintain the facility in an audit-ready state.
- Masters of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science with 5-7 years related experience Food manufacturing 24/7 in the dairy industry.
- Strong experience and knowledge base to identify and solve potential problem areas in operations, quality, financial, and regulatory compliance to minimize risk to the organization.
- Experience in a management and/or supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Must have significant knowledge of cheese manufacturing processes. Natural and Processed cheese manufacturing experience is highly desired.
- Proficiency in operational finances, capital expenditures, and industry standards.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change.
- Strong project management skills to include capable presentation experience.
Production Manager - Cheese
Our client is located in Wisconsin. They are very family oriented and their culture shows that.
They are a producer of high quality Italian cheeses. They are looking for a team building individual to embrace the challenges of managing production functions of several varieties of hard Italian cheeses in a fast-paced team environment. The have enjoyed winning awards and recognition for their cheeses. They are looking for people who can help continue this trend and lead to the next level.
This person will service as manager over department supervisors, giving work direction, mentorship, and guidance. Ideal candidate will also perform managerial functions such as scheduling, performance management, employee relations, and safe work practices.
Bachelors in Food Science, Dairy Science, or other related field. (or equivalent experience with cheese manufacturing).
7 years of food manufacturing experience, with at least 5 years in cheese manufacturing. While the preferred candidate will have experience manufacturing hard Italian cheeses the company will look at a strong cheese manufacturing background as well.
At least 5 years of management experience because you will be working with supervisors who have a number of years working with these cheeses at this plant.
Strong leadership and problem solving skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to learn more about, please forward your current cell phone number and a good time for me to call.
If you are happy where you are, perhaps you know someone else who is ready to step into a role like this. I can give them a call without mentioning your name
Deli And/Or Cheese Specialist
At Joe's Produce Gourmet Market, you'll enjoy the best produce, the most popular deli selections and gourmet groceries you'll find nowhere else. We make sure our customer service matches the high quality of our food-- because complete satisfaction is our commitment to our customers.
It is the line cooks primary responsibility to prepare the highest quality food consistently and effectively. As a Deli and/or Cheese specialist you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the quality of food produced in our kitchen and ultimately the overall experience extended to our guests
Murray's Cheese Shop Clerk
Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
Inform customers of cheese specials.
Responsible for training and coaching associates within the department to effectively perform their job duties at a satisfactory or above level.
Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
BENEFITS FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid Vacation
- Healthcare insurance
- associate rewards programs
- Starting pay for this position is $7.50 per hour, but work experience credit can earn you more up to $8.40 an hour!
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
- No experience necessary, entry level position
Our associates truly make a difference each and every day in the lives of our customers and communities. It is our job to provide our associates with the opportunities and resources to help them fulfill their dreams.
344 - 5060 - Cheese Consultant
Responsible for preparing, processing, packaging, and stocking products according to Fresh Foods Standards. Also responsible for providing customer service, cleaning work areas, unloading stock, and reloading salvage products according to Fresh Foods Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates must be at least 18 years of age. PERSONAL SKILLS. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Willingness to participate in and successfully complete required training and to work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and sales. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English]. Ability to write simple correspondence [in English]. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization who only speak English. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement. REASONING ABILITY. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. Complete Company.s training including but not limited to: new hire orientation, food sanitation, customer service network, safety, food safety, and product knowledge.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds [occasionally lift up to 50 pounds] and reaches from 6-72 inches.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, and depth perception. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate constantly works in a moderate environment and is frequently exposed to hot, cool, and extreme cold, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. SDL2017
• The Cheese Maker continues our over 100-year tradition of producing hand-made and award
• winning classic cheeses using traditional production methods and grass-based milk from local
• dairy producers. In addition, the Cheese Maker leads the Production team in the manufacturing
• of our cheese: the making, packaging and sanitation processes.
Roles / Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead in the manufacturing tasks of making cheese; from the intake of milk through to the
- packaging of the cheese
- Use pH meter, moisture analyzer, and other technical equipment
- Follow and comply with good manufacturing, safety and quality assurance practices
- Lead in the sanitation and cleanup of the production area
- Maintain the entire work area in a clean and sanitary condition and follow all safety procedures
- Lead in the packaging processes of the cheese
- Observe and support all packaging rules and company policies
- Lead with keeping an organized and accurate inventory
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all duties
- Assist with the training of all new employees & interns, including food safety and chemical
- safety protocols
- Other duties assigned by Lead
- Wisconsin Cheese Maker’s license or acquisition of license within 6 months of employment
- Two years of production work or physical labor preferred
- Chemistry, microbiology or culinary studies preferred
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity, humble, making our customers feel comfortable and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work closely with others in respectful, cooperative manner
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Self- motivated to succeed, meet deadlines and follow through on tasks
- Strong attention to detail for accuracy in all facets of the position
- Understanding of good manufacturing and food safety practices
- Ability to frequently lift/carry up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift up to 80 pounds with assistance
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with required sanitation chemicals
- Ability to multi-task especially during busy periods
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
For additional career opportunities with Springside Cheese, please visit us at
Do you enjoy inspecting products for quality? Are you the type of person that likes to work independently? If yes, we are looking for you to join our team. Our client is in search of someone to perform the following job duties:
- Help to open cheese, rub wheels, and soak wheels, as well as packaging
- Inspects cheese and materials for mold and other foreign materials
- Fill treating tubs with appropriately sized cheese wheels and ingredients for treatment process
- Manually turn treated wheels to ensure color enhancement
Excellent opportunity to get involved in a growing company!! Call today or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of RESUME CHEESE! And make sure to refer your family and friends to us for employment opportunities - we love referrals!
Must be able to:
- work in cool environments
- stand for a full 8 hour shift
- lift up to 40 pounds on occasion
- pass a pre-employment drug and background check
Cheese Lovers, Cheese Enthusiasts, Cheese Mongers and Cheese Professionals!
Enthusiastic. Passionate. Exciting. Engaging. Knowledgeable. Self-Starters. The Art of Story Telling. These are just a few words that describe the individuals we are looking for to share their passion and love for specialty cheese to our Guests.
Candidates will work closely with our Cheese Specialists to Engage, Educate and Encourage our Guests to try and buy the featured cheeses we offer from local companies and those imported from around the world.
All candidates must confidently demonstrate their love for cheese to our Guests and show a willingness to continue to increase their knowledge in the specialty cheese department.
Previous experience working with specialty cheese in a retail setting is beneficial. Foodies and Wine enthusiasts are also encouraged to apply. If you love cheese, we’d love to hear your story!
We offer competitive hourly wages, sales bonuses, travel incentives and a consistent and reliable work schedule and the ability to increase your knowledge in this exciting department.
These opportunities are located in Sonoma, Novato, Corte Madera and Tiburon.
Qualified candidates, please reply immediately.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!