Chef Passenger Vessel Job Description Sample
Passenger Vessel Captain
Can you envision yourself spending your work day on the beautiful "Straits of Mackinac"?
We are currently seeking a captain with at least a 100 ton inland master license and marine radio operator permit. Must be personable and be able to work flexible hours.
Duties will include piloting our Hydro-Jet Ferries to and from Mackinac Island from our Mackinaw City and St. Ignace Docks.
Star Line Ferry was started by Tom Pfeiffelmann, Sam McIntire, and others in the late 1970s. They purchased Argosy Boat Line. The company was then renamed Star Line after the 5 original stockholders making up a 5 pointed star. At that time they operated slower ferries including the Nicolet, Treasure Islander and Flamingo.
In 1979 Star Line bought their first fast ferry, Marquette. Over the next few years the old LaSalle and Nicolet were replaced with sisters to the Marquette. In 1987 Star Line decided to take it up a notch with Radisson, an 85-foot fast ferry which was modeled after a luxury yacht.
In time the LaSalle, Nicolet, and Marquette also added hydro-jets with their trade mark rooster tails. In 1990 Star Line added Cadillac and in 1993 added Joliet. These boats were built in the style of the Radisson. In 2005, Marquette was sold to Davis Park Marine of Patchogue, NY. She was replaced by the larger Marquette II. And in 2006, Nicolet was also sold to Davis Park Marine.
Pressure Vessel Fitter/ Welder (PM Shift)
Pressure Vessel Fitter/ Welder
Work under the shop foreman to fit-up/weld components for Pressure Vessels including Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers.
Job Roles and
- Interprets drawings and specifications to determine best sequence of fabrication
- Welds carbon steel and stainless steel components using weld procedures
- Fit-up ANSI flanges to pipe, forged flanges to shells and profile nozzles to match required shell.
- Lay-out nozzles and other sub assembly location in shell components
- Burns and grinds nozzle cutouts in shell to meet engineering tolerances
- Uses flame cutting torch, carbon arc gouging, plasma arc, portable grinders and other tools.
- Uses overhead cranes, jib cranes and other lifting/ rigging devices to move components in a safe manner.
- Uses (MIG) and (Flux) welding processes ( Plate and Pipe)
- Completing jobs based on standard shop procedures
- Conforms to shop quality practices and procedures
- Checks fit-ups of other welders using appropriate tools
- Conforms to safety requirements of the shop
- Works productively with others to help determine best solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a Vessel Fitting test.
- Must be able to pass 3G Plate MIG/Flux
- Must be able to pass - Roll-out 4' inch pipe test using MIG/Flux Core 0.45 wire
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Proficient in basic math including addition/ subtraction of whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Proficient in reading a tape measure/ ruler in increments of 1/16”
- Ability to calculate degrees and circumference using basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to understand manufacturing sequence in a vessel fabrication shop
- Ability to use various welding, grinding and fitting tools
- Ability to follow shop procedures, quality procedures and safety practices.
- Ability to pass plate welding test
- Requires pressure vessel shop fabrication experience
- Ability to lift materials job components up to 30 pounds
Metalskills is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mechanical Designer - Pressure Vessel
Our client, a leading Architectural and Engineering firm in Pasadena, specializes in the delivery of high pressure gasses and fluids in various alternative energy filling stations. Experience in Piping design and pressure vessels required. This position is primarily responsible for providing support services to the Mechanical Group/Unit Manager as directed.
- AutoCAD / Revit (5 yrs)
- Pressure Vessel, piping in an architectural/mechanical design setting
- Office Suite
- Internet Research
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Engineering-in-Training
- National Society of Professional Engineers Position Description for Engineer Grade III
Each year, we place thousands of professionals in contract and direct hire roles with the nations top employers. Our recruiters have years of experience in professional, industrial and technical environments; thus, we have the contacts, experience and resources to make great career matches.
System One helps local firms address resource issues, peak periods and ongoing operations. With every engagement, we aim to provide straightforward feedback and market insights for both job seekers and hiring managers.
Come be a part of the System One Torrance family and register with us today to be considered for open and future positions!
Description Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Pipefitters in weirton, wv. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled pipefitters that want to be the best in their field.We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America. If you are a Pipefitter with at least 4 years of experience this is your chance to advance your career!
Requirements As a Vessel Fitter you will be responsible for laying out, fabricating, assembling, installing, and maintaining piping and piping systems, fixtures, tanks, Pressure vessels, Spools and skids. Specific responsibilities:
Selecting type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications, knowledge of system operation, and study of building plans / working drawings
Planning sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and cutting pipe
Threading and ending pipe by hand or with pipe bending machine
Assembling and joining piping by means of threaded, chalked, wiped, soldered, brazed fused, or cemented joints
Securing pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools
Testing piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges
Company Details Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those Pipefitters that are highly skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best. Specific requirements: + 2 years of experience as a Vessel Fitter
Solid knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans and working drawings
Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
General knowledge of plumbing and pipe system layout, according to specifications
High standard of integrity and professionalism
Drug free at all times
Benefits In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
Short-term disability + 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs _Tradesmen International is an EO employer
- M/F/Veteran/Disability_ construction, welding, machinist, carpenter, labor, manual, electrician, building, jobs, hvac, plumber, contractor, roof, siding, remodel, cabinet, renovation, sales, red badge, tooling, CNC, programming, operating, framing, electrical, roofer, drywall, rough, framer, painter, welder, plumbing, roofing, journeymen, apprentice, trainee, low-voltage, 01,02,06, el01, el02, el06, full-time, experienced, skilled, trades, concrete, rodbuster, ironworker
Asst. Vessel Manager/Asst. Captain- Tampa, FL
WHO WE ARE: NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT: Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more! We are currently seeking a Asst. Vessel Manager/Asst. Captain to join our growing team! Position
Assists Vessel Manager with all duties associated with Management of NRC vessels located on the East, Gulf Coasts or, Caribbean Islands while moored in standby mode or engaged in dry-dock activities. Command vessel and crew for response to marine oil spills, environmental emergencies, or transit of vessel to and from dry-dock, training, relocation due to weather or other direction from Director of Marine Operations. “On Call” to respond to marine casualty and oil spill incidents 24/7 Essential Duties and
Work safely and obey Safety Management System and Programs.
Assist Vessel Manager in maintaining vessel in accordance with ABS and CG regulations.
Assist with periodic routine ABS and CG inspections and surveys.
Assist Vessel Manager in ensuring safety of crew, equipment, visitors and vessel at all times.
Assist Vessel Manager in ensuring vessel is maintained in a state of readiness for Spill and Emergency Response, Maintain vessel and spill response equipment in good working order.
Assist vessel manager in operation of crane for deployment / retrieval of oil recovery equipment, boom tenders and vessel supplies.
Supervise air monitoring and entry of Confined Spaces and ensure vessel is clean, orderly and stocked with adequate supplies
Record all fuel, oil, water, cargo, supplies, trash and ballast loaded or discharged from the vessel.
Complete and distribute Monthly and Quarterly maintenance and reports
Record all personnel boarding the vessel and prepare documents each time the vessel changes location.
Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
A valid USCG License as Master 100 Gross Ton (Near Coastal) with Radar Observer endorsement or greater rank of license (200 GT is preferred).
Merchant Mariner Document or Credential as Able Bodied Seaman; with Life Boat and Tankerman PIC endorsement.
At least (3) years of sea service on Offshore Supply Boat, Small Passenger Vessels , Oil Recovery vessels or Tug. At least one year sea time must be in service sailing as Master vessels greater than 85 gross tons.
Must be familiar with oil transfer procedures. .
Valid Driver’s License & US Passport is required.
Employee will need to be available for travel out of town on short notice, and may live on board ship for extended periods of time during spill response activities.
Possess, at minimum, a high school diploma or GED.
Must be able to wear hard hat, steel-toed boots, personal floatation device, eye protection and respirator as necessary. Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Vessel Fitter/Welder FOR Exterran
2nd shift Vessel Fitter/Welder with $2.00 an hour differential. 5 years' plus experience vessel welding/ fitting experience with the ability to weld with Mig and Flux-core, Sub-arc a plus.
Engineer (Pressure Vessel & Process Piping)
Engineer (Pressure Vessel & Process Piping) Location: _US - TN - Tullahoma Job Type: Regular Full-Time Relocation Available: Yes Job Code ID: 12253 Description GP Strategies is an international performance improvement company and a global leader in training, engineering, and technical services. We provide strategies and solutions designed to help customers optimize technical and workforce performance. GP has provided services in more than 60 countries, and is well positioned to serve clients throughout the world. This full-time position is based out of Tullahoma, TN at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold AFB, TN. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform calculations and consultation for process systems and existing facility infrastructure. An emphasis on ASME pressure vessel and process piping is necessary. Other areas of specific experience are: fluid flow calculation, pipe stress analysis, and general mechanical integrity assessment per National Consensus Pressure Technology Codes and Standards. Responsibilities include:
Perform calculations / analyses verifying compliance to ASME Code including finite element analysis and fracture mechanics evaluation techniques.
Providing consultation regarding regulatory compliance for process systems.
Assessing the mechanical integrity of process piping, pressure vessels, and system devices and components; as-built system drawings; data collection; and the development & field checking of drawings for each system, as directed.
Performs field investigations and reviews documentaiont
Create engineering reports and data pack that confirm the use of hardware, include analysis, facture mechanics, flaw analysis, and risk assessments.
Work is primarily focused on pressure vessels, systems and facilities.
Other support and lead role duties as assigned by project management staff. Required Skills and Education:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering REQUIRED
Experience in the areas of Pressure System Mechanical Integrity, Pressure Drop Calculations, and Fluid Flow Analysis.
Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Must be competent in producing reports and developing procedures
Understanding of Pressure Technology Codes and Standards highly preferred [ASME, API, AWS, & ASNT] and apply knowledge in analytical calculations for stress, strain, fatigue, creep, as well as other potential failure mechanisms.
ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes and Standards
ASME B31.3 Piping Codes
Willingness to learn and keep abreast of new information relating to mechanical integrity issues. Other:
Must be able to obtain a DOD security clearance
Must be a US Citizen
Must be able to work in an industrial setting, wear appropriate PPE, and carry 25 pounds. GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Armed Security Officers- Maritime Vessel
Must have DCJS Armed card & training completion forms. Applicants must be able to meet the standards of U.S. Coast Guard Boating Regulations, must be able to obtain VA Boating Safety Certification (which can be obtained at www.boatus.org). Familiarity of small boat operations, small craft handling, and Virginia Waterway Regulations is required. Applicants must be able to work required shifts and have scheduling flexibility. Reliable transportation is required, high school diploma or equivalent is required, must be reliable and dependable. Superior verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to be .38 caliber qualified or able to obtain .38 caliber qualifications.
Apply at WWW.TOPGUARDINC.COM
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Safeguard staff, customers, authorized visitors, assets and property at our client’s sites.
* Effectively use great customer service skills with internal and external customers, to include students.
* Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
* Provide direction and assistance to staff, visitors, students and guests.
* Provide thorough examinations of all interior and exterior doors, windows, restrooms, and common rooms (such as kitchen and study areas) to ensure all are properly secured and there are not leaks or items left plugged in that could cause fire and damage to the property.
* Be alert to discover/deter any person(s) attempting to gain unauthorized access.
* Be alert to any hazards which may cause fires, explosions or other catastrophes. Report any such incidents to client immediately.
* Respond to emergency conditions within assigned area of responsibility as annotated in main SOP.
* Must be physically able to walk, stand and climb stairs both interior and exterior for up to 10 hours shifts.
* Must be able to accurately and clearly write daily logs and incident reports both hand written and through computer.
* Must be DCJS certified or have a background in the military, law enforcement, or security.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Authorized to work in the United States
* Have High School Diploma or Equivalent
* A current DCJS registration card is required
* Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and physical (at required sites)
* Must be able to pass the English language (speaking, reading, and understanding) screening.
Top Guard support staff are all headquartered in our three local office in Norfolk, Hampton and Richmond to provide immediate support to our officers. They are all dedicated to assisting our officers excel and become the best officers in the security industry.
We invite you to become part of the Top Guard team of exceptional officers who provide a safe and secure environment for our clients, staff and their visitors.
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
QC Inspector (Pressure Vessel Experience Required) LM
East side manufacturing facility is hiring an experienced QC Inspector. Great opportunity at great company.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Must have experience working QC on Pressure Vessels according to A.S.M.E and A.P.I.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect, test, and sample materials or assembled parts or products for defects and deviations from specifications.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
Email resumes ASAP to larry @ameritechsi.com please put "Turnaround QC" in subject line
Mechanical Piping / Vessel Designer
- Responsible for P&ID development.
- Piping Plan / Isometric generation
- 3-D CAD model design
- Develop bill of materials on drawings for all fabricated items.
- Develop complete P&IDs without reference drawings using CADworx P&ID
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be proficient with drafting standards (dimensions, tolerances, etc.).
- Knowledge of good engineering drawing practices and be familiar with common standards.
- Experience with CADworx P&ID
- Experience with CADworx Plant Professional
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience in generating ISO drawings
- Working knowledge of ASME / API Codes
- Develop “as-built” drawings, including inspection and measurement of completed units in shop and yard.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be well organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!