Chemical Mixer Job Description Sample
Ecolab is searching for a Chemical Mixer to join our team at our Pilot Plant location in Eagan, MN.
Location: Eolab's Engineering Center: 940 Lone Oak Road, Eagan, MN 55121 – just five minutes from Ecolab's Schuman Campus where you can enjoy access to exercise facilities and outside walking or running trails.
Shift: 3rd Shift, Sun-Fri, 11pm -7am
Adheres to all federal, local, and departmental safety, quality, and environmental regulations and policies, and to conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner so as to avoid endangering self, coworkers, equipment, property, surrounding community, and the environment.
Identifies and uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and other tools/equipment provided by Ecolab to safely perform a job, and holds teammates accountable to do the same. Tools used may include, but are not limited to: drum tippers and movers, forklifts, and scissor lifts.
Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions before the condition becomes a
problem. Escalates any potential safety, quality or inefficiency issues to Production Team Leaders. Actively participates in safety training programs and promotes a safety culture.
Owns the entire process of mixing chemical batches according to specifications, including accurate measuring raw materials, setting up equipment, monitoring process and cleaning up.
Ensures raw materials are available in the PSA (Product Supply Area) for mixing operations to be completed.
Sets up and operates equipment that fills final container with finished product.
Ensures filling equipment settings are correct to manage amount of product flow, product temperature, and other variables that may affect production.
Ensures that mix instructions and specifications (experimental and in-line) are followed as written. Notifies Team Leader and Engineering of any potential deviations needed and gains support before proceeding.
Performs routine observation of product during the mixing and filling process to ensure batch quality, and brings any issues to manager. Reports any out-of-spec raw materials, premixes or mixed batches.
Manufactures batches according to ICR and GMP procedures.
Collaborates with Production Team Leaders and Plant Engineering to facilitate efficient production, platform upgrades and new equipment validations.
Reviews the status of operations with the next shift (as applicable) to ensure continued operation of the plant and to produce quality product in a safe and efficient manner.
Owns a specific work area by operating, maintaining, and improving the area to deliver performance targets (safety, quality, and manufacturing metrics). Maintains work areas consistent with the TPM program.
Improves existing industrial manufacturing standards.
Operates Fork Lifts and other material handling equipment appropriately and safely.
Performs building and equipment preventative maintenance.
Develops and drives an annual individual performance and development plan. Regularly assesses progress against the plan and proactively identifies any barriers to achieving the plan.
Participates in process transfers, Job Safety Analysis, continuous improvement and loss elimination projects, and other Supply Chain and/or Research & Development initiatives.
Performs batch adjustments as needed.
Assumes and completes other duties as assigned.
Work requires the level of educational development normally acquired through completion of a high school degree or equivalent
Ability to occasionally work longer shifts and/or rotating off shifts as needed, based on production demands
Previous experience in plant operations, preferably in a chemical plant
Previous mixing experience, preferably chemical mixing
Ability to meet physical demands, including frequent standing, reaching, and handling; lifting up to 55 lbs. and moving up to 600 lb. drums with the appropriate equipment
Ability to work in conditions where exposure to noise, dust, odor, and/or temperature extremes may exist
Strong record of safe work practices, leading by example and holding teammates accountable to safe work practices
Strong record of quality and reliability
Self-directed with demonstrated initiative to continuously improve the work center and working environment
Effective communication and collaboration skills
Basic computer skills
Demonstrated desire to learn and grow within chemical operations
Recognized as a leader by peers, Team Leaders, and other departments
What we offer
Operation of process equipment to make adhesive products with minimal supervision.
Follows batch ticket instructions to produce lab approved product
Troubleshooting of process and equipment to identify potential problems.
Commitment to following OSHA procedures and all safety standards.
Responsible for the acquisition and addition of raw materials into mixing equipment
Who we are looking for
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of 2 or years in a manufacturing environment.
Experience handling hazardous chemicals, fork lift experience and computer knowledge preferred.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand 90% of shift.
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Click on apply and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
Discover more: www.henkel.com/career
Chemical Blender / Mixer - Compounder
Kleen Test Products has Chemical Blender openings at multiple locations!
What to expect as a KTP Compounder?
- Manufacture batches for liquid fill lines per batch records and in specific order.
- Verify pre-weighed materials and ingredients.
- Weigh, measure, and mix liquids, solids, and powders.
- Use scales and thermometers in auditing batches.
- Ensure product and process effectiveness and purity.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area.
What can KTP do for you?
- Develop yourself- Opportunities for rapid growth and advancement
- Stability- We've never had a lay off!
- Respect and teamwork- You are not just a number at KTP; join our team and let us prove it to you!
See an invitation video from two of our experienced Compounding Department family members!
What comes next?
- Easy to apply- Less than 5 minutes to complete our online app
- Interview- Meet your future team!
- Quick hire- Start as early as tomorrow!
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED and one to three months of related experience and/or training; 1-2 years of OTC and personal care bulk manufacturing is desired but would consider process oriented manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have basic knowledge of spreadsheets, email, and inventory/manufacturing software programs.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information.
Mixer / Compounder 2Nd Shift
The Compounder is responsible for manufacturing product batches according to formula procedures and operating processing equipment
Pay Rate: $13.00 hr -$15.00 hr based on experience
Shift: 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Location: North Austin, Howard Lane area
This is a full time position with the company!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Wash, sanitize, and set up all necessary manufacturing equipment used in making of the chemical batches.
- Properly operate processing equipment (i.e., pumps, tanks, mixers, etc.)
- Adjust the speed of the mixer when necessary.
- Draw a sample of product and Take sample to lab to be tested.
- Initial batch sheets and sign tank cards to verify that the formulas/procedures were followed when compounding each product.
- Safely operate forklift to move pallets, drums, tanks around the department.
- Understand the full process of the Compounding Department.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Two years of work experience in compounding
- Basic comfort with mechanical applications to become familiar with basic machine functions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Must read and follow written instructions and add and subtract simple fractions
- Ability to work in independently or in teams while maintaining a favorable working relationship with other company employees
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel and/or crouch
- Capable to lift or move 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to climb or balance
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The work is performed in a warehouse environment. Workers are regularly exposed to dust, odors, noise and variable temperatures. The employee works with moving mechanical parts and machinery.
Medical / Dental / Vision and 401K available! PTO, 2 Floating Holidays AND 6 paid Holidays a year!
Production Mixer On 1St Shift ( Mon To Thu 4:00 Am To 2:30 Pm)
To properly perform any mixing job by mixing acceptable product, while ensuring a proper production flow, especially from mixing to the production lines.
- Understand how to properly set up, operate and wash down a mixer.
- To use FIFO ( First in, First out) method correctly.
- To properly place ingredients into containers.
- Must be able to fill out corresponding paper work for each product mixed.
- Must be able to complete all JDE transactions.
- Scale ingredients needed.
- To maintain a clean, safe and sanitary work area.
- Participate in the yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Must adhere to the plant’s policies and plans
- Must follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Prior Mixing Experience
- Food manufacturing experience is preferred
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic instructions and processes of the job.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others
- Ability to promote teamwork
- Must be willing and able to cross-train
- Must be able to operate manual pallet jacks in a safe manner
- Must be able to operate elevator properly & safely
Mixer (Day Or Night) - Sabetha, KS S
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM Animal Nutrition, a division of Archer Daniels Midland Company, is a leading manufacturing, nutrition, and marketing business offering a wide range of innovative products for the animal nutrition market.
Mixer (day or night) - Sabetha, Kansas S
ADM Animal Nutrition
This is an hourly position.
The role of the Mixer is responsible for the following duties:
Identify and communicate food safety and/or product integrity issues to appropriate personnel.
Perform duties as assigned by Production Supervisor and/or other management personnel.
Follow and review all standard operating procedures and recommend revisions for improvements.
Insure all quality specifications associated with products are met.
Prepare reports of production, safety incidents, etc. for review by Plant Manager and Operations Manager.
Participate in safety meetings, comply with all safety/security policies, and report (and stop) any unsafe conditions or acts to Plant Manager and/or other management personnel.
Follow procedures dictated by Floor Traveler for each product.
Instruct subordinate staff and/or temporary employees on job specific tasks.
Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values.
Strong attention to detail with the ability to work effectively as a team member
Exceptional attendance and work ethic
Exhibit flexibility, reliability and a mutual respect for fellow employees
Strong safety and math aptitude
Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs. to a height of 48 inches on a routine basis
Ability to withstand dust and noise
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
Mixer Truck Mechanic
Job Title: Mixer Truck Mechanic
Repairs and maintains diesel, and gasoline industrial trucks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Reads job order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.Installs new ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.Overhauls gas or diesel engines.
Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanic: 1 year (Required)
Overnight Scratch Bread Mixer
Performs all functions relating to preparation, counter service, and stocking of product. Decorates and finishes cakes and pies.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.Job Responsibilities
Produces quality breads and pastries.
Produces doughs, mixes, cakes, cookies, breakfast pastries, pies, and bars.
Performs baking, cooling, wrapping, and labeling of products.
Stocks dry products.
Develops new recipes and production techniques to ensure seasonal variance and high productivity.
Trains production personnel to the highest standards in industry.
Performs production planning and forecasting for special events and holidays.
Maintains all production modules in the Datapax system.
Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
Knowledge of artisan breads and pastries, including cake decorating
Demonstrates positive attitude, energy, and passion for baking the best breads and pastries.
Basic computer skills.
Demonstrates a passion for cleanliness.
Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
Desired Work Experiences
- No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees="" fahrenheit="" (freezing),="" 32-40="" degrees="" fahrenheit="" (refrigerators),="">90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.32>
Senior Chemical Engineer - Biopharma (Jp4832m)
Location: Cambridge, MA.
Employment Type: Contract
Business Unit: Scientific Process Development
Duration: 30+ months (likely extensions)
3Key Consulting Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Engineer with 5+ years’ experience (depends on education) in chemical engineering, drug substance development, technical transfer of processes, and scale-up for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company. Fluency in German and/or Italian is a plus!
Contractor will be a team member of Amgen’s “strive for five” initiative and will be able to work at Amgen’s Thousand Oaks, CA. or Cambridge, MA. campuses. For this role in the Drug Substance Technologies and Engineering Team, you will have responsibilities focused on the technical transfer and engineering support of synthetics processes to produce Amgen’s drug substance(s) at Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) across all phases of development and commercialization. The qualified candidate will be well versed in chemical engineering fundamentals, process development, regulatory requirements and scale up with the ability to apply their skills to drive understanding and implementation of processes that deliver Amgen’s pipeline. You will work with a cross functional group of engineers and scientists through the process development cycle at Amgen and the contract site(s) to ensure successful technology transfer and manufacturing. The Sr. Engineer will also use their experience in support of process execution, equipment utilization, optimization, scheduling and documentation. The ideal candidate will have expertise in tech transfer, process development, modeling, optimization, characterization, regulatory support and commercial production of synthetic organic molecules.
Domestic and International Travel: up to 20%
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Well versed in chemical engineering fundamentals.
- Process development.
- Regulatory requirements and scale up.
You will work with a cross functional group of engineers and scientists through the process development cycle at Amgen and the contract site(s) to ensure successful technology transfer and manufacturing. The Sr. Engineer will also use their experience in support of process execution, equipment utilization, optimization, scheduling and documentation. The ideal candidate will have expertise in tech transfer, process development, modeling, optimization, characterization, regulatory support and commercial production of synthetic organic molecules.
Master’s degree and 3 years of Engineering or Operations experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Engineering or Operations experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Engineering or Operations experience
High School Diploma/GED and 12 years of Engineering or Operations experience
- Engineer with 5+ years of experience in providing and driving engineering deliverables for pharmaceutical processes and product development.
- Experience related to process development, technology transfer, scale-up and manufacturing of synthetic molecules in regulated environment. This includes technical support for nonconformance investigations and other commercial support activities.
- Ability to critically evaluate chemical processes for identification of process improvements and requirements necessary for scale up and tech transfer.
- Possess strong understanding of regulatory and cGMP requirements.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and solid-state characterization with fluency in a wide variety of analytical techniques including HPLC, GC, MS, NMR, FTIR, LOD, TOC, particle size determination, etc.
- Able to apply engineering principles and advanced statistical analysis in-order to solve processing issues and evaluate opportunities for process improvements.
- Experience building and utilizing first principle models (reaction kinetics, mass transfer, separations, distillations, isolations, drying, and hydrodynamics) with proficiency across several modeling platforms.
- Experience in working closely with process development chemists, formulation scientists and analytical chemists to generate and interpret data to provide enhanced understanding and guidance for synthesis and unit operations.
- Contribute to key regulatory and quality activities such as non-conformances, process performance qualification and continued process verification.
- Experience with Quality by Design and Process Analytical Technologies, applied to pharmaceutical development.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, excellence in team work, mature process fit proficiency, command of operations plant safety practices.
- Fluency in German and/or Italian is a plus.
Strive for 5 Project- Need additional support for the new project Oncology portfolio.
Employee Value Proposition:
High visibility project. Chance to work with world class scientific process development staff.
Not enough experience on qualifications needed for this role.
Phone followed by in-person interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are also welcome to share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.
Mechanical Or Chemical Project Engineer
Our Massachusetts client has an immediate opening for a full-time Mechanical or Chemical Project Engineer to join their world-class engineering team.
As a Project Engineer, you will consult with clients and provide engineering solutions for manufacturing or materials processing problems worldwide. This is a growth position, leading to ever-increasing responsibilities and engineering challenges.
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering plus two to four years of industry experience
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral skills to effectively communicate with clients
- Travel required on a regular basis to meet with domestic and international clients
- Advanced SolidWorks skills a plus
- DEM (Discrete Element Method/Model) knowledge a plus
- CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) knowledge a plus
- PhD in related field a plus
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Marge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!