Chemical Mixer Job Description Sample
Chemical Mixer / Mixer
We have an opportunity for a candidate with prior mixing experience. This position will work with hazardous chemicals (powders). Although this is a 2nd shift 3 pm - 11 pm
*opportunity the selected candidate will train on 1st shift.
1. Ability to read and understand basic work order instructions and scheduling
2. Understand steps required to complete work orders and label requirements
3. Must be able to perform in process testing to ensure material conformance
4. Perform visual inspection of all mixing equipment
5. Perform basic preventative maintenance on mixing machinery
6. Ability to read and understand work order and scheduling instructions
7. Maintain appropriate inventory levels to ensure continuous production
8. Knowledgeable of at least one type of formulation/mix process independently (initially)
1. Advanced math skills
2. Possess good computer skills
3. Good written & verbal communication skills
4. Ability to read & write in English
5. Comprehension of written instructions
6. Attention to details
7. An ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs. regularly
8. An ability to safely operate equipment and necessary tools
Chemical Mixer - 3967535
The ideal Candidate responsibilities include,
- Ensure all equipment that will be used throughout the day is on and free from defect.
- Turn on mixers if there is product in the tanks so a sample will be ready for the lab at 8: 30.
- Coordinate with the material handler to ensure that all raw materials that will be used for the batch are on the floor. If a raw material is short or missing, inform the production manager.
- Follow all instructions on the batch sheet during the production process.
- All equipment and your area should be clean after each work day. Any trash should be taken out daily.
- If all batches are complete, help out wherever there is a need to finish the workload for that day.
- Perform a walk through to make sure equipment is off at the end of the day.
- Production should be stopped 30 minutes prior to shut down for cleaning.
You may start the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview. Please bring valid identification for the I-9 process.
Our office is located at:
Automation Personnel Services
5939 South Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28217
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title:Compounder/Chemical Mixer
Location: Chaska, MN
Hours: 2nd shift (2:00 pm- 10:30 pm) or 3rd shift (10:30 pm- 6:30 am)
Compensation: $18 - $22/hr.
- Produce batches that meet all quality parameters
- Follows all quality SOP's and GMP's
- Ensures that batches are completed to meet schedule requirements
- Adheres to all pertinent OSHA and safety guidelines
- Controls cost of batches by eliminating scrap and waste
- Ensures that batch yields fall within the acceptable range
- Immediately reports and investigates and yield variances
- Disposes of any scrap in an environment safe manner
- Reduces downtime by ensuring that equipment is properly maintained and always operational
- Ensures that equipment sanitation and preventative maintenance programs are being followed
- Immediately reports any equipment failure to compounding lead
- Understand and maintain a Lean culture
- Apply and utilize lean tools to permanently implement improvements
- Institutionalize 5S in all aspects of the department. (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize and Sustain)
- High School (equivalent) or higher
- One year experience in chemical handling
- Previous mixing experience a plus
Mixer (2Nd Shift)
POSITION TITLE: Mixer (2nd Shift)
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: Warminster, PA
MISSION: To provide high quality formula mixtures in a safe and timely manner. To support packaging production so that schedules can be met and CRC customers satisfied.
REQUIREMENTS: The following requirements are minimums and are subject to change.
Be dependable, cooperative, and have ability to read, write, perform basic math, and thoroughly follow mixing procedures
Be able to work with others and independently. Must have strong team skills.
Train and work with CRC Spill Team
Be able to move and handle 55-gallon drums (weighing up to 650 lbs/ea). Maximum of 30-40 drums/shift.
Must be able to follow all ISO Procedures and Safety Rules – without exception.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, work at heights (with fall protection), and work beneath and on top of rail cars for tank hookups.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Ability to perform basic math
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Be responsible and personally accountable for own work
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Diligent compliance to all safety rules, regulations and procedures.
Connect and run pumps and meters
Must be able to conduct proper scanning procedures to maintain proper and accurate inventory records.
Transport stock safely by fork lift
Manage flush drums to use material properly
Accurately complete required paperwork for mixing records.
Perform hazardous material transportation & pre-transportation functions per 49 CFR 171.8
Mechanical Mixer Design Engineer For Process And Pharmacuetical Ind.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing Engineering department. The Engineer in our organization is a great listener and skilled leader. In addition to producing specifications, designs, he or she develops, manufactures and installs new components. The Engineer must have a demonstrated ability in being a technically minded problem-solver, able to show numerical and scientific ability. Focus on the task at hand, and the importance in following the prescribed plan are inherently important, as is the ability to be flexible and think under pressure when the situation calls for it. We are looking for only for the most motivated of individuals with a strong desire to learn and ability to work in a team environment. Experience in the design of power transmission equipment and metal fabrication is needed, with regards to Process equipment for the Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Process industries.
Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Creative thinking and the ability to think of new systems and new ways to work
- Understanding of complex mathematical analysis for design and troubleshooting
- The ability to understand mechanical concepts and processes easily, as well as use equipment and tools will help you in your profession
- Problem-solving skills, chiefly the ability to identify the source of the problem and create and test solutions
- Ability to work well with a team in order to develop systems fixing problems or create solutions in order to get the job done
- Listening and communication skills, must be able to communicate your plans, thoughts, and rationale to teammates
- The ability to manage time, supplies, personnel and budget
Engineer Qualifications and
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Computer, or related engineering degree
- Familiarity with the ASME code as it applies to pressure vessel design (not mandatory).
- Ability to select proper bearings, seals, gears, pulleys and other shafting items for the particular application as it applies to mixers.
- Familiarity with different type of seals for reactors and process vessels, e.g. mechanical liquid and air/nitrogen, lip and standard pusher type seals (not mandatory).
- Experience with all types of welding (stick, MIG, TIG, and submerged arc) of steels and stainless steel.
- Experience with sheet metal design and fabrication.
- Familiarity with different types of steels and alloy metals and metal fabrication.
- Experience with Hydraulic cylinders, valves and general control circuits.
- Experience with Pneumatic cylinders, valves and general control circuits.
- Experience if possible with high speed rotating equipment as it relates to shaft deflection, shaft moments and critical shaft vibration.
- Familiarity with motor control/PLC logic, and safety interlock control logic (not mandatory).
- Organizational skills as it may relate to the design and processing of concurrent multiple jobs for different customers.
- Experience with indented Bill of materials, ERP systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced AutoCAD Mechanical/Inventor 2017/2018 user with possible experience with Autodesk mechanical simulation a plus.
- Microsoft office and Lotus Notes familiarity a plus.
- Overall working knowledge of computers as they relate to office functions.
- Ability to work with customers on different projects at the same time.
- Experience in estimating job costs and working with vendors (not mandatory).
- Ability to develop machine specifications and quotes from customer supplied information, RFQ’s and customer specifications (not mandatory).
What We Offer
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401 K
- Vacation and PTO Policy
- Positive Work Environment
- Growth Opportunities
Our mixers and blenders are used throughout the process industries and include food - adhesive & sealant - green technologies - battery - ceramic & metal - chemical - coating - cosmetic & personal care products - pharmaceutical - plastic manufacturing companies.
Mixer Lead Operator - Day Shift
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry.
As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. Where the Chemistry Happens…
Mixer Lead Operator
- Day Shift (1705537)
You will lead the work activities of assigned Mixing operators team safely and reliability to produce products. Your primary focus is to maintain a safe and reliable work area while leading assigned team to meet mix operations daily scheduled output as directed by the shift supervisor. Your secondary effort will be to learn and become qualified on PreMix operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS + Follow all appropriate Environmental Protection, Safety, Health and Quality (ESHQ) policies. Wears prescribed Personal Protective equipment and ensures that prescribed safeguards are properly used. + Immediately identifies unsafe acts or conditions and escalates to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect himself/herself and others from serious risk. Understands that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of BASF’s Vision and Guiding Principles. + Execute daily operating plans in conjunction with and under the supervision of the shift’s Supervisor. + Lead and direct assigned Mixing team personnel in observance of safe practices and good housekeeping, taking necessary corrective steps and instructing personnel as required. + Perform housekeeping duties to ensure proper presentation of facility and grounds at all times. Perform regulatory audits and required duties to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures. Perform production waste handler duties in accordance with Hazardous Waste Policy. + Direct equipment and process adjustments based on previous shift activities and supervisor direction, review of operator's and supervisor's logs, area safety and cleanliness physical surveys, and laboratory test results, and records all production and operational data in logs provided. + Lead work activities of Mixing team’s shift personnel, in operating equipment and processes (i.e. chemical reactors, pre-mix tanks, finish mix tanks, etc...) using materials which are flammable, corrosive, hazardous, and toxic in nature to produce products. + Work with peer leads, shift supervisor, engineering, and maintenance personnel in priority setting and equipment repairs; and for timeliness of equipment preparation for maintenance
- Instruct and train new operators and keeps the shifts up to date on Management of Change issues and procedural revisions and required regulatory training + Provide regular coaching/mentoring to Mixing team operators and works well with others in a team environment. + Direct/Lead operations, shutdowns, and start-ups to prevent damage to equipment due to potentially flammable/toxic material + Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and other ISO regulations, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities. + Perform any other duties or tasks assigned by supervision. + The work hours for Day shifts (5:00AM – 5:30PM) on site rotating shift schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Works well with others and alone, can follow procedures and written directions, can work with minimal supervision, ability to perform basic math with or without a calculator, ability to work different shifts, familiarity with mixing and color matching equipment preferred, can set-up and perform minor repairs to frequently used equipment
Meet daily manufacturing output goals and objectives, prepare products which meet product quality specifications, work in accordance with company policies
and procedures including regulatory and human resource related subject matter. Work in a safe and compliant manner.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you.
You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications + High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum 5 years of production operations experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing industry is required. + 2 years of leadership/supervisory or equivalent experience preferred
Strong Leadership Skills required to direct Operators to produce quality chemicals in a safe and cost effective manner
Strong Coaching Skills required to develop Operators in the understanding of the chemical plant operation and to grow our understanding of technical and business issues + Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with Daily Operations Team (DOT), Daily Support Team (DST), Technical Engineering Services Team (TES), Lab, Technology Group, contractors, and outside vendors + Strong technical problem solving skills to help in the resolution of problems in the different manufacturing areas that effect plant performance
PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
_Mixer Lead Operator
- Day Shift_
Concrete Mixer Driver CDL Required - Fort Smith, AR
CONCRETE MIXER DRIVER CDL REQUIRED - FORT SMITH, AR Location: Fort Smith, AR, US, 72903 Company: APAC - Central-Central West Region - River Valley Job ID: 127235 Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States and Canada. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 18,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states. Position Overview Drives multi-rear axle truck for transporting freshly mixed concrete from central mix plant to roadway/projects. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Drive truck from the ready mix plant to jobsites while loaded with ready mix concrete while maintaining the integrity/viability of the ready mix concrete product.
Make normal operating adjustments to equipment; maintain clean vehicle interior and exterior.
Perform other duties related to or including operating of chute to assist with pouring.
Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA
Follow directions of Foreperson as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to customers, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
Reliable, Regular On-Time Attendance is required and essential to the operation of the team. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Education/Experience
Minimum high school or general education degree (GED) required.
Previous related experience in the construction field, preferably in or closely related to delivering ready mix concrete. Work Requirements
Safely operate a multi-axle ready mix truck delivering ready mix concrete to customers as directed.Safely placing the mix in appropriate locations as directed by the customer, assuming that may be accomplished safely in the judgment of the driver and his supervisor.
Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
Report to work at the designated start time.
Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
Available to work overtime, nights and weekends when necessary.
Travel and work away from home when necessary. Knowledge/Skill Requirements
Drive a truck with a valid CDL B heavy straight with necessary endorsements.Air brake skills test required for all vehicles that have air brakes. Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Climb: ascent/descend three point entry into cab of truck; ascend/descend a ladder using both hands and feet while grasping handrail to the top of the mixer drum.
Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (40-70 lbs.) from one level to another.
Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (50 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (70 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers. Work Environment
Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
Fumes: vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
Gases: carbon monoxide and ozone.
Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
Hazards: closeness to moving mechanical parts; slipping while ascending/descending ladder; exposure to high temperatures during the summer and cold temperatures during the winter.
Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection. The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs About Oldcastle Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family! Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn! EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link. Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network. Nearest Major Market:Fort SmithJob Segment:Construction, Transportation, Engineering Apply now »
ShareEmail OpeningApply Now TitleMixer Utility EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CategoryManufacturing/Operations LocationThornton, IL Plant Req NumberMAN-17-00375 Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt ShiftSecond About the OrganizationVentura Foods is a leading national manufacturer and marketer of branded and custom made shortenings, oils, dressings, sauces, margarines, culinary bases and pan coatings for the foodservice and retail industries. From East to West, Ventura keeps pace with the dynamic food marketplace by delivering high quality products at competitive prices. In fact, our company's growth is fueled by long-lasting profitable partnerships that benefit all parties.
We do this by meeting the challenges of an ever-changing world by applying the strengths of our commercial resources, the talents of our employees and the opportunities created by new technologies. Throughout our rich history, one thing hasn't changed: the dedication to our customers and the consumers we are proud to serve. Description1. Pre-shift preparation, ensure that all surfaces that will contact product (piping, utensils, vessels) are sanitized and ready for operation. 2.
Follow batch sheet without deviation while mixing product. Any deviation must be approved. All deviations recorded on the batch adjustment sheet. 3.
Record data on the Mixer SIS form. Ensure that scanner procedures are followed correctly. Communicate discrepancies.
Ensure that older ingredients are used first. 4. Makes necessary approved adjustments, monitors gauges, equipment and temperatures. Keeps records of batches made, ingredients used, and records processing parameters. 5.
Read daily production schedule and process orders in the established sequence. Notify supervisor of issues or discrepancies. 6. Constant communication with Supervisor, Lead person, Maintenance, QA, Machine operators and other Mixers 7.
Ensure that machine operators have produced the correct number of cases for each order. 8. Complete all paperwork in a timely manner and turn in to appropriate personnel, fill out maintenance or safety work orders as needed. Responsible for training other employees on all activities. 9.
Manage rework to ensure proper rework instructions are followed. 10. Post operation, housekeeping and closing out a shift properly. Handoff to sanitation or the next shift.
Area needs to be clean and orderly and other duties as assigned. Position RequirementsHS Diploma or GED, 2-3 years experience. Knowledge of GMPand chemical handling.
Forklift driving experience. Must have a current license and certification. 2-3 years as a production line worker in a food manufacturing environment This position is currently accepting applications. Apply Now AppOne.comTM-- copyright-1999-2017 HR Services, Inc. Click herefor technical assistance.
Responsible for efficiently mixing finished products and maintaining the highest possible food safety quality standards. Perform all control room operations: setup, operate and maintain equipment to batch and process products; clean and sterilize equipment; diagnose and trouble shoot problems to obtain maximum product flow without sacrificing quality and minimize waste. Also, to deliver a product to a customer that meets their requirements in both taste and appearance.
Major Duties and
Pre-shift preparation, ensure that all surfaces that will contact product (piping, utensils, vessels) are sanitized and ready for operation. Follow batch sheet without deviation while mixing product. Any deviation must be approved.
All deviations recorded on the batch adjustment sheet. Record data on the Mixer SIS form. Ensure that scanner procedures are followed correctly.
Communicate discrepancies. Ensure that older ingredients are used first. Makes necessary approved adjustments, monitors gauges, equipment and temperatures.
Keeps records of batches made, ingredients used, and records processing parameters. Read daily production schedule and process orders in the established sequence. Notify supervisor of issues or discrepancies.
Constant communication with Supervisor, Lead person, Maintenance, QA, Machine operators and other Mixers. Ensure that machine operators have produced the correct number of cases for each order. Complete all paperwork in a timely manner and turn in to appropriate personnel, fill out maintenance or safety work orders as needed.
Responsible for training other employees on all activities. Manage rework to ensure proper rework instructions are followed. Post operation, housekeeping and closing out a shift properly.
Handoff to sanitation or the next shift. Area needs to be clean and orderly and other duties as assigned. Position
Education and Experience: HS Diploma or GED, 2-3 yearsandrsquo; experience. Knowledge of GMP and chemical handling.
Forklift driving experience. Must have a current license and certification. 2-3 years as a production line worker in a food manufacturing environment.Knowledge and Skill Level: A very general knowledge of how the mixture or adding of certain ingredients will affect the overall product.
Thorough knowledge of what each ingredient will bring to the overall property of the product. Must be very organized, and able to follow procedures to the letter.
Concrete Mixer Driver
Now Hiring Concrete Ready Mix Drivers for our locations in Gordon, Cherokee, Pickens and Gilmer counties.
- Safely and efficiently operate concrete mixer truck transporting ready mix concrete to and from destination as directed by Plant Manager or dispatcher
- Interact with Dispatchers and customers to ensure proper delivery, placement and payment
- Estimate slump of concrete
- Keep equipment in acceptable condition of cleanliness using approved cleaning materials
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water
- Adhere to all company, DOT, and OSHA regulations at all times
- Maintain radio contact with supervisor/dispatch to receive and transmit delivery instructions
- Have a minimum of two years verifiable commercial driving experience with similar equipment. (optional)
- Possess a Class B CDL.
- Have a valid DOT Medical Certification.
- Have a clean driving record
- The ability to communicate in a positive, effective manner with customers, co-workers and dispatch/managers.
- Be able to work day shift, but be flexible in hours/days according to Customer needs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!