Chemical Processing Supervisor Job Description Sample
Chemical Processing Operator 1
You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself ago-getter. You manage your time wiselyand feel accomplished after a hard day’s work. You are a decision maker who likes to bechallenged, and can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and offthe jobsite. You desire to learn new skills, be part of a team, and advancewithin a growing company.
Day in the Life
After grabbing your favorite morning beverage you can expect to:
Gear up in your PPE(Personal Protective Equipment)
Check in and review theday’s Safety Plan
Conduct awalk-through and inspection of the facility
Operate aforklift to load and unload materials
Collectwaste samples and perform minor lab work
Inventoryand label containers
Empty drums intolarger containers to prepare for their storage and transport
Otherrelated duties as assigned
What you need to apply
High SchoolDiploma or GED equivalent preferred
1 year ofgeneral labor experience preferred
Comfort wearinga respirator as needed
Ability to passpre-employment background checks and drug screening
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environmentclean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous andregulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for ourchildren and their grandchildren.
For your hard work
Tuition reimbursement after six months
Opportunity for professional growth
Employer paid certifications and training
100% employer paid medical for you
Paid Time Off
Cash Recognition Programs
Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race,religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability orveteran status, among other factors.
Chemical Processing - Surface Finishing Auditor Opportunity
Why become a Nadcap Auditor? Performance Review Institute (PRI) manages an industry based aerospace special process accreditation program called Nadcap.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent retirees or consultants. Nadcap Auditors enjoy traveling domestically and/or internationally, a flexible schedule (some auditors perform 1 or 2 audits a month, while others desire to audit every week), competitive compensation that includes a daily rate plus travel expenses, meeting new people and keeping in touch with technology and the latest developments, networking with other industry professionals. The purpose of this independent contractor position is to conduct audits of surface finishing processes (anodizing, conversion coating, electroplating, etc.) using web based audit checklists.
The audit results are reported back to key global aerospace industry experts who manage the non-conformance report closeout and accreditation processes. Conducting the audits plays an important role in risk mitigation, supply chain oversight and continual improvement within the aerospace industry. This varied and autonomous role would suit someone who has experience and/or qualifications in surface finishing and is looking for a new challenge. • Pre-audit preparation including contacting the auditee ahead of time to arrange the audit timetable and reviewing documentation provided by the auditee • Liaising with PRI’s preferred travel agency to organize a cost-effective travel schedule • Conducting the audit based on an industry-approved checklists • Holding regular meetings with the auditee during the audit for the purpose of transparency so that all parties understand the audit timetable and any findings identified • Submitting an audit report in which any audit non-conformances are clearly and logically documented • Representing PRI in a professional manner to our customers at all times • Working collaboratively with PRI and customers to coordinate audit schedules • Bachelor of Science Degree Science or Engineering • Five years hands on experience, preferably in the Aerospace Industry, with several of the following processes:
Anodizing, Chemical Cleaning, Chemical Milling. Conversion/Phosphate Coating, Etching, Laboratory Evaluation, Paint/Dry Film Coatings, Plating, Stripping, Surface Prep Prior to Metal Bond, Surface Treatment/Passivation • Written and oral proficiency in the English language The ideal auditor candidate will possess most of the following: • Willingness to travel and conduct audits • Strong interpersonal skills • Five years experience as an auditor (Aerospace Industry Preferred) • Thorough understanding of aerospace chemical processing specs, processes, and equipment • Able to work on computers (book flights and hotels on web based systems, use Microsoft Office or similar packages, use email) ID: 2013-1041 External Company URL: http://www.pri-network.org/
Chemical Process Engineer - Wet Chemical Reaction Processing / Lab Exp
This engineer will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of new products and processes from the Ink Development group to the manufacturing floor.
· Identify, develop and lead continuous improvement projects to improve our existing product cost, quality and/or cycle time ·
Staff Process Engineer - Chemical Processing
Staff Process Engineer – Chemical Processing of Metals – Small Midwest Town – Aerospace
The Staff Process Engineer supports various departments (Engineering, Operations, Quality, Manufacturing and Supply Chain) through the development, evaluation, and implementation of processes related to chemical processing. Emphasis on knowledge of these processes for aluminum alloys, titanium alloys, and superalloys. Furthermore, the person in this position would develop the new specifications that would increase control of the processes/products at suppliers. The person chosen for this position is expected to ensure that regulations and specifications that govern the production of aircraft parts are implemented in the Operations Center, to maintain compliance, and to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all chemical activities of the Operations Center.
· Responsible for interpreting, implementing, and training regarding NADCAP, quality management system including ISO 9001 and AS9100 and customer requirements in the areas of coatings and chemical processing.
· Collaborate with Quality and Engineering functions to develop and execute chemical and finishing process control plans
· Prepares, revises and oversee internal work instructions and specifications related to area of expertise.
· Conducts audits in accordance with internal audit programs, hosts customer and industry audits such as NADCAP and AS9100. Prepares reports and submits resolution to audit findings.
· Develop the internal specification system aligned with external requirements that would increase fidelity of requirements, process control for parts made by internal Operations and by suppliers. Also, review and approve various engineering procedures and specifications.
· Lead in root cause and corrective action investigation efforts. Initiate and enable Failure Analysis, create and review failure reports, assist Engineering and customers.
· Work with Operations & Manufacturing Engineering to develop, modify, qualify and troubleshoot various materials, chemical, surfacing, and coating processes.
· Manage and proactively participate in developing, maintaining, training, and sharing technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices.
· Support sustainment operations through review of process changes, advising MRB on material and process related discrepancies, and interfacing with customers.
· Work directly with customers and vendors to understand and formulate their technical requirements and business needs into achievable results
· Ensure proper maintenance of manufacturing equipment by recommendation of Preventative Maintenance activities and schedules
· Support New Product Introductions by providing guidance on materials and process to use for industrialization of new products, participate in efforts to obtain customer process approvals/qualifications.
· Provides project management, process introduction, and continuous process improvement leadership
· Analysis of data from production and engineering process runs, qualifying changes or additions to manufacturing toolsets and process flows to drive process performance improvements.
· Direct and lead solving complex problems through analysis and innovation; solutions may become part of standard operating procedure
· Proficient at mentoring others to cultivate critical process evaluation and best resolution to process issues.
· Support Research and Development by conducting technology projects, participating in technology reviews, and proposing new technology.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong and professional collaborative partnership with other organizations, academic institutions and external partners, as appropriate, in order to leverage best-in-class methods and capabilities.
· Initiates capital project selection, justification, budgeting, and implementation
· Interprets State rules and regulations and assists with flowing requirements down to ensure facility compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual requirements driven by the respective State organizations
· Drive safety in all manufacturing and operations processes.
· Work with EH&S department to assure the proper handling and management of hazardous waste and ensure compliance with all environmental related activities.
· Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
· Other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business.
up to 10%.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple projects finishing and delivering on commitments
· Ability to develop new specifications, process sheets and control plans for special processes and NDT. Professional in developing and documenting new standard manufacturing processes, as well as interpreting and executing methods outlined by ASTM, AWS, SAE/AMS, ASME, customer, military, and commercial aerospace specifications related to thermal processing and mechanical testing.
· Customer oriented with a continuous improvement focus
· Experience in aerospace industry working with Materials & Process group preferred. MRB experience
· Experience working with aluminum, titanium alloys, "super alloys" preferred
· Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions based on limited data
· Demonstrated leadership in proactive problem solving and self-directed behavior
· Can interface effectively with all levels of the organization, suppliers and customers
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project), Internet is required
· Ability to develop test plan, run tests, collect data and perform statistical analysis. Knowledge of Minitab software preferred.
· Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Understands NADCAP, ISO9001, and AS9100 regulatory requirements. Experience with First Articles Inspection (FAI) preferred.
· Conscientious, organized and meticulous – records must be accurate and maintained
· Strong self-motivation/direction, entrepreneurial mind-set, leadership, and teaming skills. Can manage and direct a group in short term in absence of a manager. Lead, train, and guide technicians and operators.
· Ability to perform duties with little to no supervision to achieve successful results.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools and Methodologies (i.e. DMAIIC, DMADV, Lean, FMEA), including Design of Experiments, capability analysis and sampling statistics and techniques is preferred.
· Selecting and testing of material chemical processes, both in the development and application of processing methods.
· Familiar with 3D solid modeling tools (e.g. CATIA) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
· B.A./B.S. degree in Scientific or Engineering discipline, preferably in Chemical Engineering, from an ABET accredited program with minimum (5) years of experience related to materials & processing; preference given to M.S. or Ph.D. advanced degree with (3) years experience (aerospace manufacturing environment preferred). Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
· NDT Level III certification is desired.
· Lean Practitioner, ACE Associate/Practitioner, Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher, or equivalent certification desired.
· Professional Engineer license preferred
Engineering- Mattson Resources supplies engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to leading industrial specialists worldwide. We operate within the aerospace & defense, manufacturing & life sciences, mining & metals, energy & chemicals, solar & alternative energy, rail, infrastructure and construction sectors.
Information Technology- Our IT division specializes in top-down management support of all Information Systems Technology services. Our service range can encapsulate placements to include the following specifics: C-Level executives, software development, technology implementation, database design and development, network engineering and sales, tech support and helpdesk services. Our IT recruiters are here to find that unique talented individual that other firms cannot find.
Healthcare- We provide both retained and professional search for candidates in the fields of Healthcare, including Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences. Search have been conducted for various niche markets nationally. We have worked with many large national firms as well as Orange County based companies.
Skilled Industrial- Mattson Resources provides qualified and experienced temporary staff for Assembly, Distribution, Manufacturing, Production and Warehouse positions throughout Orange County. We offer a complete screening process that includes reference checking, social security verification, criminal check, DMV and Drug Screen.
Technical Manufacturing- We provide the Orange County workplace with skilled individuals in the manufacturing sector. CNC Machinists, Craftsmen, Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Buyers, Production Schedulers, ISO, AS9100 Certifications. Plastics, Medical Device Pharmaceutical Manufacturing are growing market segment sectors which we have staffed.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist - Chemical Processing
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Seminole, FL Lead the environmental, health, and safety program within a mid-sized chemical processing plant; must be well-versed in regulatory requirements and reporting standards for chemical spills, employee exposure, and incident management. Objectives: Manage and improve current safety and environmental programs.
Act as the internal safety expert and partner with production teams and management to monitor and improve safe operations. Advocate for continued improvement and enhancement of the safety program, ensure adherence to OSHA and EPA guidelines. Ensure SARA Title III reporting requirements are followed. Investigate
Maintenance Engineer - Chemical Processing
We are working with an international chemical company that has a plant located southwest of Chicago, IL that is looking for a Maintenance Engineer for their team.
Will be responsible for a variety of maintenance and reliability task across the processing facility.
TO BE CONSIDERED
BS in engineering or related technical degree with experience in maintaining a variety of chemical processing equipment and systems. SAP CMMS is desired but not required. Must be willing to learn and grow within the company.
Please note: All candidates for this role must have unlimited employment eligibility as there s no sponsorship available now or in the future for this role
Chemical Dependency Tech 2Nd Shift Supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS: Coordinate and document Fire Drills & Evacuations.
Monitor detox patients every 2 hours and log status. Monitor patient activity ensuring timelessness in group and individual attendance. Transportation of patients.
Monitor medications taken by clients. Check patient rooms and grounds for cleanliness and daily operations. Step (Education) Lectures and assisting patients with step paperwork.
Monitor patient in-house AA/NA meetings. Assist in the admission and intake of patients. Attend weekly staff meeting.
Maintain shift communication log/report. Provide coverage when needed to meet patients' needs. Supervise meals.
All other duties as dictated by client and staffing needs. QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate shall meet one (1) of the following categories of qualifications: Require High School Diploma or GED: with less than 1 year experience in a human service agency, working directly with chemically dependent Associate Degree with major in chemical dependency or related field and two (2) years of clinical experience in health or human services agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting. High School Diploma or G.E.D. with a total one (1) year experience in Health or Human Services, preferably within a drug and alcohol setting and involvement to AA/NA SDL2017
Supervisor - Processing
Supervisor - ProcessinginAlpena, SDatJack Link's Date Posted:1/12/2018 ApplyNot ready to Apply? Job Snapshot
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Alpena, SD
Job Type: Processing
Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 1/12/2018 Job Description Jack Link’s Beef Jerky began with treasured family recipes passed from generation to generation, transforming a small North Woods business into one of the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturers in the world. Over the years, as consumer demand for convenient, high-quality snack foods increased, so has the company’s product offerings. Today Jack Link’s is the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturer in the world, and sells more than 100 different meat snack products in more than 40 countries. The Link family principles and traditions remain the same: hard work, integrity and a commitment to earn consumer respect by delivering the best-tasting meat snacks in the world.
The Processing Supervisor is responsible for the safety and productivity of all Team Members on the processing floor. Checking meat thickness to ensure product standards, inspecting all product for any defects, and making sure all product lines are set up and running smoothly. Providing effective training to the processing lines, monitoring and adjusting production processes for quality and productivity. Making sure all steps in processing are flowing smoothly and in line with LSI production standards. Job Related Skills/Responsibilities
Check Meat Thickness using a Caliper.
Inspect Truck for Product Defects.
Set up Lines Correctly.
Processing Department Paperwork.
Properly identify Product through Department.
Be able to perform and train every job within the Processing Department.
Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP training, along with company SOP’s and SSOP’s.
Follow Lean Manufacturing Processes; team building, consistency in high quality, preventative maintenance, good work place conditions, productive work, etc.
Manage start-up to make sure equipment is in proper operating condition.
Perform necessary checks at start of shift and at each new product; document on paperwork, code date, correct label, upper/lower film, etc.
Follow daily production schedule and achieve specified goals.
Ensure product conforms to specifications.
Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper disposition.
Prevent and minimize rework and/or inedible.
Monitor workflow to maximize machine output efficiencies.
Keep accurate records of products produced and materials used.
Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
Tasks will vary as situations and demands change.
Able to organize and prioritize in a multi-tasking environment.
Able to read and write legibly.
Operate a Computer.
Supervise, Direct, and Instruct Team Members.
Organize Department Operations.
Start, Operate, and Adjust Equipment used in Processing Department.
Monitor Unsafe Behavior
Follow all OSHA Guidelines
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Slip resistant footwear Leadership
Build and support a culture at LSI which values Personnel Safety and Food Safety.
Must Demonstrate the Jack Link’s Values: Be Real – Relationship Driven – Stewardship – Speed Matters – Self Discipline – Show Awesome Character.
Build and support a culture of openness and accountability within (and out-side) the assigned department.
Demonstrate professionalism; encourage and insist on positive attitudes and behaviors from team members.
Encourage team member initiative and innovation, and show recognition for effort and achievement.
Create and cultivate positive work relationships at all levels of LSI. Communication
Communicate with peers, subordinates, and leaders in an effective, timely manner.
Ability to collaborate with remote employees and work as part of a team.
Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related-problems. Personnel
Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP training, along with company pre-requisite programs, SOP’S and SSOP’s.
Ensure that all employees are adequately and properly trained in safety, sanitation procedures, chemical handling and GMP’s, etc.
Enforce all safety rules and company policies.
Ensure proper staffing is maintained, including interviewing and hiring new team members.
Implement and monitor training for new hires and continuing training of current team members.
Maintain attendance records, counsel employees with poor attendance, and follow up with coaching/discipline as appropriate.
Appraise work performance: conduct appropriate reviews for team members; give coaching/discipline as appropriate in a consistent and timely manner.
Review, correct, and approve timekeeping tool to ensure team members are paid correctly each pay period.
Provide appropriate interpretation of company policies and safety procedures.
Full Time Team Member
At-Will Team Member
No Travel Required 0% Job Requirements Education/Experience
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Has Supervisor Experience
Working in Processing Department as an Operator
Production Environment (normally).
Stand and Walk Constantly.
Must be able to lift 50#.
Will need to enter production environment where team members are exposed to moderate cold (35-55 degrees) and loud noise levels.
LSI performs a Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
LSI performs drug screening after a reportable injury. Jack Links LSIPurpose:We Feed Your Wild Side. Jack Links LSIVision:We will be the dominant global leader of portable protein snacks. Jack Links LSIMission:We delight people by unleashing passionate leaders with an uncompromising commitment to deliver awesome products. Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of a LSI Team Member. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of a LSI Team Member. A LSI Team Member may be asked to perform other duties as required. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Chemical Waste Water Treatment Plant Supervisor
Manages chemical technicians. Performs chemical department functions such as maintaining chemistry and environmental compliance and making budget and safety decisions in an electric generating station. Principal Duties and
Supervise union hourly chemical technicians Document and evaluate employee performance Enforce company policies Research and conducts grievance hearings. Interpret and apply company / union contract. Trains and certifies apprentice technicians for job qualification.
Coach technicians for job performance Maintain Chemical and Environmental Compliance Analyze power plant chemical data, coach employees for corrective action to maintain compliance. Solve water, oil, and environmental chemistry problems. Institute corrective action.
Administer action to maintain or regain chemical and environmental compliance. Apply statistical analysis to maintain QA/QC compliance. Review environmental reports, initiate corrective action to maintain compliance.
Perform equipment inspections and institute chemical feed changes. Planning and Organization: Organize work force, plan work for chemical technicians, follow-up to assure completion.
Identify needs, plan, and assign preventative maintenance. Verify completion. Safety Administer inspections and calibrations for safety equipment.
Maintain Compliance with OSHA Laboratory Standards. Conduct or direct safety meetings and follow up action. Budgeting and Cost control Budget for expenditures.
Generate corrective action to meet budget Initiate capital and OM projects. Manage capital projects Communicate issues to management and hourly employees that may effect plant operation. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required for Selection: Ability to use PC and Mainframe computers. Working knowledge of Excel and Word software.
Ability to coach employees. Strong written and communication skills. Highly organized.
Strong interpersonal skills. Be able to work long or prolonged hours as conditions dictate. Must be able to work in 24 hour operation, be available on call 24 hours per day, including weekends and holidays.
Ability to work in confined spaces, perform equipment inspections. Must be able to wear respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus in case of chemical spills. Be able to build and maintain budget.
Knowledge of Fossil Power plant processes. Knows environmental permit requirements. Knows OSHA Laboratory Standards.
Familiar with Asbestos and Radiation safety requirements. Preferred for Selection: Knowledge of NIPSCO bargaining unit contract and safety rules.
Be able to build spreadsheets for budgeting and analysis. Project planning skills. Knowledge of Laboratory OSHA requirements, statistical aptitude, Education/Work Experience:
Required for Selection: Four year technical degree in chemistry, engineering, business or related field, and 4 years power plant chemistry experience or 10 years of power plant chemistry work experience with 5 years in supervision. Has one or more of the following certifications:
Wastewater license, Class D (Large Industrial); Oil Monitoring Analyst - Level 1, 2, or 3; Licensed Asbestos Inspector; Radiation Safety Supervisor; Licensed State Hygienist; Hazmat Specialist Level V or IV;. NACE Corrosion certification. Preferred for Selection: 10 years supervisory experience. 15 Years power plant experience. Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.Treat others with respect and consideration.
Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment. For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at careers.nisource.com on or before January 26th! NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law.
Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities. Job Family: Environmental Health Safety
Chemical Operations Supervisor
Job Title: Supervisor, Site Reports To: Regional Site Manager/director Group/Division: Unity Lab Services Career Band: 5 Location: Indianapolis No. of Direct Reports: 10-20 FLSA Status: Exempt
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of 15-20 Site Managed Services personnel, enabling the team to deliver consistently excellent service to our customers. The Site Supervisor is responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of the customer location, as determined by customer requirements. This position will be responsible for our chemical team focusing on receiving, stocking, shipping, and working directly with our customer.
Leads a team of on-site staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices.
Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department, regularly
Sets up and presents at customer business review meetings; delivers Managed Services capabilities presentations. Grows the business at new and existing customer sites.
Conducts site audits, annual physical inventory.
Evaluates employees’ training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports.
Attends training classes and regional meetings as necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements/
Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, or in a related field, or equivalent combination of two year degree and experience.
At least three to five years of experience in a supervisory role required.
Experience in Regulated Industry preferred.
Experience in Managed Services preferred.
Experience with Inventory Management systems required.
Experience with chemical management platforms preferred.
Experience with chemical handling and hazard safety programs preferred. Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, various levels of the customer business and peers. Must have a customer orientation to develop customer relationships.
Must possess written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans. Must be able to handle conflict well and give positive and constructive feedback along with managing performance issues.
Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
Must possess organizational skills to meet deadlines and assist staff in multi-tasking.
Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
Must be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner.
Must be computer literate and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must be able to learn and perform well, utilizing customer and internal systems.
Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
May be required to work independently at customer location.
Extensive walking may be required.
May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
Must be able to work hours are required to get the job done. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!