Chemical Research Engineer Job Description Sample
Research & Development Chemical Engineer (Experienced)
Chemical Engineer I / Production Engineer
Research Chemist / Chemical Engineer
Sr Project Engineer - Chemistry & Chemical Process Development / Energy Storage / Cambridge, MA
Chemical Process Engineer
Chemical Process Engineer
Lazarus Naturals is currently hiring for the position of Mechanical Engineer, who will manage projects for the CEO. Our company’s mission is to bring high quality and affordable hemp based CBD products to market so anyone can afford the positive benefits it has to offer. We have a fun, close-knit workplace environment and are looking for someone who will fit right in with our team.
The CEO is currently deeply involved in designing and implementing scaled extraction and manufacturing equipment, automation and optimization of existing equipment, building out a new production facility and developing and optimizing methods of harvesting and growing hemp. We are looking for someone who can dive into the weeds in optimizing, designing, purchasing and implementing the equipment and systems to help our business scale and optimize. The job will span from doing project management, calculating costs, power loads, and equipment needs, coordinating meetings and travel, getting quotes on projects, and generally helping to run the business. We are looking for someone with a strong scientific and mathematical background.
- Design new manufacturing equipment and manage negotiation, construction, and install of the equipment.
- Optimize, scale and automate existing processes and workflow on CPC, solvent recovery, botanical extractions, crystallization and thin film evaporation.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems.
- Assist in transitioning R&D processes into manufacturing.
- Assist in facility planning, construction requirements and contingency planning.
- Analyze efficiency and loss age in processes and work closely with manufacturing to optimize.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering. M.S preferred.
- 4+ years experience in chemical or material processing. Experience with development and optimization of manufacturing plants. Supervisor experience desired but not required.
- Hands on mechanical experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects thru completion with deadlines.
- Extremely organized.
- Preferred experience with contractors and vendor negotiations.
- Skilled with Excel and MS Suite.
- Preferred basic programming competency.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma or FMEA is desirable.
Our company is young, fun and very quickly expanding. We are looking to find team members that will stay with us as we grow into the expanding CBD space. The job will keep you on your feet, provides a sense of community and is not easy. If you are looking for a challenge in an emerging industry with potential, this is the job for you.
We offer stock options, 401k plan, healthcare, paid vacation, and free snacks and use of our kitchen.
Senior Equipment Engineer - Chemical Focus
Chemical Engineer - Polymers
LM Associate Chemical Engineer
Po/Pp/Pe Research And Development Engineer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!