Chemist Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Chemist
Sr. Chemist Or Chemist
Position Purpose or Objective
The Sr. Chemist or Chemist – QC is responsible for testing of raw materials, packaging materials, in-process samples, finished products and stability samples. Candidate must have experience with the instruments like HPLC, GC, Dissolution, IR, Disintegration, AAS etc. Experience with the Empower software 3 is must.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Testing in process, raw materials, packaging materials, finish products and stability samples for commercial products
· Analysis of developmental samples and stability samples in support of ANDA Submissions
· Conduct method validations/verifications/Method transfers all under GMP protocol
· Participate in feasibility and experimental method development to optimize the analytical methods
· Create certificate of analysis for all the type of materials and products
· Experience in participate in Lab deviations, investigation and Audits if necessary
· Prepare test methods, specifications, protocols and reports
· Knowledge and understanding of cGMPs, Good Laboratory Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
· Demonstrate professionalism to coworkers, customers and an understanding of quality in a regulatory industry
- Technical expert and experience with the instruments HPLC, GC, AAS, Dissolution, IR, DT, UV etc is must.
- Must be able to able to work independently, organized, effectively prioritize projects and work in team environment
- Experience with the control substances testing and handling
- Proficient with Microsoft word and Excel
- Experience with laboratory note book documentation is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand business and financial implications of contracts
Education and Experience
· Minimum BA or BS required
- Minimum 3-7 years in analytical development or Quality control of Pharmaceutical Generic Products preferred
· This position requires the employee to routinely use a computer and telephone.
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours as required by business needs
· General office environment
Ingenus Pharmaceuticals LLC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Ingenus believes lower-cost generic medication improves patient access and offsets overall healthcare costs. Since 2010, Ingenus has helped to make a difference by developing, manufacturing and commercializing quality generic medications as cost effective solutions for patients, suppliers and stakeholders across the healthcare continuum.
Lab Technician / Chemist / Assistant Chemist
We are actively seeking a Chemistry Lab Technician in Cheswick, PA with our direct client in the leading paint and coating manufacturing industry.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Must be familiar with laboratory work and chemicals
- Must have hands on experience on chemical and physical laboratory tests of solid materials, liquids, and gases
- Must have ability to test and analyze products to determine strength, stability, purity, chemical content, and other characteristics
- Must show ability to effectively prioritize within a high-pressure, high volume environment with tight deadlines
Industry: Industrial Paint and Coating Manufacturer
Required years of experience: 1-2 years
Required level of education: HS, BS or BA Degree (Degree in Chemistry Preferred)
Duration: 6 - 8+ Months (Possible Temp to
Pay Rate: $13.00/hr W2
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests of solid materials, liquids, and gases
- Analyze test data for variety of purposes, such as research, product development, quality control, and establishing standards, involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of chemistry and related sciences
- Set up laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control
- Test and analyze products to determine strength, stability, purity, chemical content, and other characteristics
- Documents results of tests as required
Analytical Chemist - West Lafayette - Office Of The Indiana State Chemist
The mission of the Office of Indiana State Chemist Pesticide Section is to protect the public and the environment by ensuring that pesticide products distributed within the state are properly formulated and labeled and that individuals who apply pesticides have met minimum competency standards, when required, and apply those pesticides without causing harm to people or property. This Analytical Chemist position supports a team of investigators with providing scientific data on pesticide related investigations.As Analytical Chemist, you will perform chemical analysis on environmental samples (vegetation, soil, water, etc.) to determine the presence of pesticides.
You will also extract samples by various extraction methodologies and analyze the samples using various analytical instrumentations, e.g. GC/FID/ECD, GC/MS, LC/PDA, LC/MS/MS, LC-HRMS. Additionally, you will collaborate in the development of new methods and method validations.This posting represents two vacancies.Required:Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field.One year work experience in an analytical laboratory (undergraduate or graduate research experience may count toward work experience).Understanding of GLP, general analytical chemistry techniques, and chromatography.Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty and staff.Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.Motivated individual with ability to efficiently multi task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.Ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions.Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and handling confidential information with discretion.Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment.Must possess a learning orientation to changing technology.High proficiency in software:
Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring).Knowledge in chromatography software packages: Thermo Chromeleon, Thermo Xcalibur, Thermo Tracefinder, Waters Masslynx, Agilent Masshunter and Chemstation.Ability to lift and carry 10 to 15 pounds frequently, and up to 20 pounds occasionally.Additional Information:This posting represents two vacancies.A background check will be required for employment.FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)Retirement Eligibility:
Defined Contribution Waiting Period.Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Post a Job
Ar&D Chemist Ii/Analytical Research Chemist II
AR&D Chemist II/Analytical Research Chemist II Location: NJ, Cranbury Job Category:
Analytical Research & Development Employment Duration: Full time Description AR&D Chemist II/Analytical Research Chemist II The world’s largest pharmaceuticals market is also the biggest market for Sun Pharmaceutical. We have been present in the US since 1996, working with the country’s healthcare system with a focus on generics, branded generics and over-the-counter (OTC) products.
We are valued suppliers to the largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores and managed care providers. Being a vertically integrated company with a global presence, we have the flexibility to develop and manufacture products in the US as well as at other locations across the world. Our US headquarters is located in Cranbury, New Jersey and we have manufacturing, distribution and customer service teams at multiple locations across the country.
IND123 Job Summary: Perform analytical testing for drug substances and various drug products such as tablets and capsules. Operate instruments such as HPLC, GC, Dissolution, Particle Size, and KF titrator. Prepare SOPs, specifications, and method of analysis.
Interpret the analytical data. Assist in method transfer and validation. Essential Job Functions:
Perform routine analytical tests of pharmaceutical raw materials, in-process samples, blends, finished products, and stability samples using instrumentation such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV/VIS, FTIR, dissolution apparatus, particle size analyze, etc. Responsible for the timely execution of lab analysis and related documentation. Concurrent documentation of all the raw data and record observations in the worksheets/templates/notebooks.
Be vigilant to any difficulties, undesirable/unacceptable problems in analytical method execution, chromatography, and data integration and keep the supervisor informed of such issues. Compile, understand and interpret the R&D analytical data and notify the supervisor of any anomalous observation. Keep the working place clean and tidy.
Create and maintain clear and concise lab records and documentation (notebooks and computer-based). Perform routine maintenance of lab equipment as needed. Adhere to safety, DEA procedures, and department SOPs. Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and/or Master of Science in Chemistry required with a minimum five years of work experience in a pharmaceutical company analytical laboratory.
Must have strong skills in method development and method validation. Familiar with analytical instrumentation and wet chemistry techniques. Well versed with Microsoft Office applications.
Excellent knowledge of cGMP and/or GLP practices and regulatory guidelines. Work Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an office, lab, or manufacturing environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be capable of bending and lifting, moving and/or carrying up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to wear applicable personal protective equipment utilized at the site, including but not limited to respirators, safety glasses/goggles, and safety shoes. Ability to navigate office, lab, and/or plant floor working environments, stands, ambulates, and reaches.
Must have English language fluency, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization. Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees as assigned to this job.
Nothing herein shall preclude the employer from changing these duties from time to time and assigning comparable duties or other duties commensurate with the experience and background of the incumbent(s). We provide equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, military or veteran status, generic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law. Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries, Inc. (Sun) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Sun employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Sun. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Post a Job
Ensure continuity in laboratory abilities in HPLC, Gas Chromatography and AA. Must have extensive cGMP experience and be able to provide leadership and mentoring to Chemist I. Must have thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Documentation Practices. Must have experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all of the activities for transferring and validating analytical methods.
- Revise and write Test Methods and SOP’s.
- Testing of incoming materials, in process samples and finished product testing.
- Accurately records raw data and analyzes, as well as calculates and interprets the results.
- Responsible for out of specification test results, investigation and implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure testing is performed accurately and in compliance with GLP, GMP, USP, SOP and other approved test methods
- Maintain analytical reagents in laboratory including but not limited to: inventory, current MSDS, PPE required for handling, waste generation and disposal.
- Assist Validation teams in cleaning validation activities.
- Promote GMP and safety throughout the facility.
- Promote continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Follow-up on OOS’s and CAPAs to verify compliance
- Potential exists for exposure to potentially harmful chemicals.
- Participate in other activities as assigned by the Lab Manager or VP Quality.
· Knowledge of Compendia testing.
· Working knowledge of FDA regulation for drug/device especially for the lab.
· Ability to use a personal computer and peripheral equipment to accurately enter an analyze data and produce reports.
· Knowledge of chemical safety and protective equipment.
· Knowledge of various analytical equipment and techniques utilized in an analytical laboratory including but not limited to pH, viscosity, specific gravity, infrared spectrum, HPLC, GC, atomic absorption.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, productively, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
· Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
· Communicate with others clearly and concisely.
· Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment-sometimes rapidly shifting priorities. Ability to concentrate in such an environment and perform quality work.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or appropriate discipline.
· Must have two or more years experience working in an analytical laboratory in an FDA regulated industry.
R.D. Laboratories is a contract testing laboratory specializing in analytical analysis for the pharmaceutical industry. Applicants will be expected to perform a large variety of routine and complex analytical procedures in the analysis of pharmaceutical products and raw materials by various testing techniques including but not limited to GC, Wet Chemistry, HPLC, UV-Vis, FTIR, and Dissolution etc.
Primary Functions /
- Perform a large variety of routine and complex analytical procedures in the analysis of pharmaceutical products and raw materials by various testing techniques including but not limited to Wet Chemistry, GC, HPLC, UV-Vis, FTIR, and Dissolution etc.
- Read, understand and interpret analytical procedures
- Document work clearly and perform test accurately
- Provide expert interpretation of data and compare results to established specifications or anticipated trends
- Summarize laboratory results and prepare scientific reports
- Maintain laboratory facilities, equipment and orders supplies
- Assist in other tasks and laboratory work as assigned
- May assist in training and/or supervision of laboratory technicians and chemists
- Work independently or as part of a scientific team
- Expert knowledge of laboratory apparatus and equipment and a variety of laboratory techniques
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Works independently with a minimum of supervision, self-motivated
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and in accordance with established procedures
- Document work in compliance with cGMP and company procedures
- Attention to safety requirements in performance of duties
- Effectively communicates with supervisors and co-workers
- Organized and able to perform duties in a timely manner
Required Education / Experience / Training:
Preferred: Graduate Degree (M.S.) in Chemistry with at least 7 years’ experience in a cGMP regulated analytical laboratory environment.
Minimum: B.A. or B.S. in a scientific field with extensive coursework in chemistry and 7 years working experience in an analytical laboratory
R.D. Laboratories continues to invest heavily in technology that reflects the latest scientific advances in testing methods and instrumentation. Our modern, cGMP compliant facility just 45 minutes from downtown Saint Louis is staffed by a knowledgeable, highly-trained team of professionals who are focused on providing the dependable turnaround and accurate test results that are our hallmark. Our customers have come to expect the reliable communication, professional expertise and attention to detail that flow from our emphasis on the development of straightforward and efficient internal protocols and direct access to laboratory management and trained office personnel.
The chemist will be responsible for routine testing of products, instrument PQ's, along with assisting the supervisor in various duties. This position requires an analytical and highly productive person in a fast-paced laboratory analyzing liquid and solid dosage forms of OTC and prescription products. This is a full time position.
Hours are 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday with possible overtime
*Assist with routine wet chemical, physical, and instrumental assays according to approved test methods for the release of finished products and raw materials.
*Peer review of analytical testing.
*Care for and perform routine maintenance of assigned instrumentation.
*Willingness to learn new instrumentation/techniques.
*Write up all testing in neat and legible manner in accordance of cGMPs and SOPs.
*Train new analysts.
*Demonstrate initiative, reliability, and accountability.
*Follow all safety requirements.
*Updates management with work progress.
*Practice good laboratory housekeeping.
*Assist in method validation and qualifications.
*BS Degree in Chemistry or related science
*1 year of industry laboratory experience
*1+ years HPLC experience
*Experience working under cGMP conditions.
*Must be flexible to work overtime
*Must be a team player in a fast paced environment
*Ability to effectively communicate and understand English.
*Problem solving and analytical skills.
*Ability to analyze data and issue reliable results.
*Ability to multitask, prioritize and be highly organized.
*Able to work as a team.
*Excellent Attendance is required
Formulations Chemist II
A quickly growing Product Development group is looking to add a Formulations Scientist to their growing team. This role would provide the candidate a challenging work environment, exposure to product development activities and the opportunity to play a key role in research operations.
- Candidates will follow complex formulation instructions to synthesize products to be tested by senior scientists.
- Analyze formulated product utilizing HPLC, GC and other analytical instrumentation.
- Perform batching functions during product development and cGMP product qualifications.
- Document laboratory procedures according to cGMP standards.
- Meet with customers and raw materials vendors as necessary.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology or related science.
- Formulations, batch making, organic synthesis or related work experience (academic research experience will be considered).
- 1-3 years of experience supporting product development from a Personal Care or Pharmaceutical environment.
We partner with Chicago's top employers and match them with top talent. We represent many of Chicago's most desirable employers in their hiring efforts. They turn to Momentum for our industry specific expertise and ability to match them with the industries best candidates. Our boutique approach has made us the fastest growing scientific staffing company in Chicago.
At Momentum, we work with you to develop a job search strategy that suits your unique aspirations and skills. Our recruiting approach sets us apart from other staffing agencies by gaining a greater degree of partnership with you - the candidate. We attribute our success as a company to the relationships we’ve fostered with our candidates and contractors.
Ready to be a part of the Momentum revolution? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Momentum:
- Full Time Healthcare - When you work with Momentum you're eligible for the same healthcare packages we have. All of our healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, don't have waiting periods and avoid federal tax penalties. You’ll be able to choose between Gold, Silver and Bronze plans. Better yet, we cover 50% of the monthly premium. Why should you be treated like a second class employee just because you are a contractor? Crazy.
- Industry Expertise - All we do is science. Period. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into what you should expect your career decision. We're experts at getting your career to where you want it to go. We'll help you understand your career options and work with you to determine the path that suits you. Why would you want to work with an agency that only does science on the side?
- Permanent Results - Last year 94% of our contractors were converted to permanent employees. Pretty impressive huh? Getting you a permanent job is our priority as an agency. No other agency in the scientific space can boast such a high conversion rate.
- No Charge - With Momentum there are no hidden fees. We don't take any money out of your paycheck or charge a conversion fee. Our clients pay for what we do, not our employees.
- Consultative Approach - When you work with Momentum, we start by learning a lot about your career direction. Only then do we propose a path that will help you achieve your career goals. We share a lot of our industry expertise with you so that you are informed about your options.
Chemist - Pharmaceutical
Position Title Chemist
Location Royston GA
Contract manufacturer to the world's most trusted health and wellness brands looking for a Chemist.
The Chemist position is a key laboratory position in a GMP environment responsible for testing of raw materials, finished products, and stability samples. PTI Chemists are active participants in new projects, such as method transfers and initiation of stability studies. This position reports to the Senior Laboratory Manager.
o Ensure that all analytical testing requirements are completed following safety standards with the necessary accuracy and within the expected timeframe.
o Design and coordinate analytical special project activities for product evaluation, raw material evaluation, and process monitoring.
o Maintain Analytical files and records in accordance with GMP and company standards.
o Provide leadership in identifying areas of improvement, productivity gains, and potential problems in regards to Analytical concerns.
o Coordinate all Analytical supply purchases and equipment repair through contact with approved vendors.
o Be the true plant expert on Analytical issues.
o Conduct complex chemical and physical analyses using both instrumental and classical analytical techniques.
o Monitor and assure compliance of the laboratory to applicable company policies, procedures, compendial procedures, and current GMP regulations.
o Train designated new/existing personnel to ensure the technical competency of personnel performing analytical testing (includes OSI in Powder Analytical Lab).
o Evaluate new methods and instrumentation for feasibility/potential improvements, and make recommendations accordingly.
o Develop plans and conduct projects of investigative and analytical nature, as necessary, to solve laboratory problems, maintain and/or improve analytical support to Operations.
o Oversee the resolution of testing discrepancies and troubleshoots method and instrument problems.
o Interface with personnel form other companies/laboratories regarding testing discrepancies and method/instrument problems.
o Maintain inventory of chemicals, apparatus, and equipment for analytical laboratory and satellite laboratories.
o Analyze test data generated by self and others, utilizing statistical techniques, for presentation to management as necessary.
o Conduct complaint, validation, and inter-laboratory test method transfer sample testing according to procedures and established requirements.
o Schedule monitoring, testing, documentation and reporting of stability samples according to established procedures in a timely manner.
o Maintain the analytical lab and retain room in accordance with GMP/Plant housekeeping procedures.
o Maintain all applicable equipment and instrumentation with calibration specifications.
o Provide appropriate support to operational priorities whenever possible.
o Demonstrate effective leadership to the laboratory staff.
o Provide ideas and suggestions to improve laboratory operation.
o Effectively resolve testing discrepancies and instrument problems in a timely manner.
o Enforce the implementation of the laboratory's safety rules.
o Initiate changes to test methods and specifications for purposes of updating, clarifying, and improving document requirements through the proper channels of approval.
o Communicate problems/situations to supervisor in a timely manner and exercises good judgment in order to follow up effectively.
o Interfaces effectively with members of QA organization, Planning, Operation, customers, etc.
o Written reports are clear, concise, timely, of high quality, and free of unaddressed issues.
o Can work with the laboratory staff to meet the desired departmental goals and objectives.
o Offers possible solutions when presenting problems to the supervisor.
o Promotes a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
Knowledge and Skills:
o Bachelor's degree in science related course of study such as Chemistry or Biology
o Minimum 5 years relevant in an Analytical Laboratory. Minimum 3 years of experience in a GMP Pharmaceutical Laboratory.
o Experience with wet chemistry testing and analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV is strongly desired.
o Understand medical device/drug GMP's, company policies, and any associated safe laboratory practices.
o Must have working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Must also have knowledge of associated software used to operate laboratory equipment. Experience with ChemStation chromatography software is a plus.
o Must be able to read and gain a thorough understanding of pertinent company and laboratory SOP's, specifications, and document change control systems.
o Specialized knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and material characteristics.
o Must have a working knowledge of the contents and use of various compendia (USP/NF, EP, ASTM, etc.).
o Excellent communication skills within all levels of the organization and outside of the organization as required.
o Must be able to handle conflict effectively, make a stand where appropriate, and reach agreements with business partners.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's degree in science related course of study such as Chemistry or Biology.
2. 5+ years of relevant experience in an Analytical Laboratory including 3 years of experience in a GMP Pharmaceutical Laboratory.
3. Experience with wet chemistry testing and analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV is strongly desired.
4. Must have a working knowledge of the contents and use of various compendia (USP/NF, EP, ASTM, etc.).
5. Experience with ChemStation chromatography software is a plus.
Post a Job
Discovery Solutions is seeking job seekers for a contract position with one of our customers, Lilly, a leading pharmaceutical company headquartered in Indianapolis, IN.
LOCATION: Overland Park, KS 66217
Perform accurate and timely testing of routine and some non-routine lab samples in accordance with appropriate GMP and safety guidelines. Completes second person verification of test results. Participates in laboratory root cause investigations and quality system improvement initiates by executing well defined protocols and procedures. Shares technical information and best practice within the group. Design and evaluation of experiments, methods development and characterization, support of process development/optimization and the analysis and interpretation of data. Conduct studies to validate methods, develop methods, evaluate new technologies. Sample Analysis. Sample preparation, instrument set-up and operation, data entry, primary data review. Coordination of method transfers and co-validations. Qualifying, calibrating, and maintaining analytical instrumentation. All laboratory work will be conducted and documented in accordance with the appropriate Quality System. Act as a resource for insuring adherence to quality systems.
Perform analytical and physical testing on in-process, finished product and stability samples. Assist laboratory leader in ensuring compliance with all procedures, safety and regulatory commitments in Quality Control. Perform review and approval of analytical data. Maintain analytical methods in the laboratory in a state of validation. Assist in addressing laboratory investigations within specified timeframe. Promote elimination of problems by identifying and addressing root cause
Type of Safety Protection Worn:
Safety shoes, Safety glasses, Lab coat, Gloves
SHIFT: Monday - Friday
7:30 am – 4:30 pm
3 – 5 years of experience
Fundamental knowledge of cGMP compliance requirements, instrument qualification procedures and computer system validation principles. Experience with USP testing and methods for API, raw material and excipient release testing. Good documentation skills and ability to author and/or review standards, guidelines, SOPs, templates, protocols, and other GMP documentation. Excellent general computer skills (MS Excel, Word, etc.) and the ability to compile summarize and present information to a diverse group. Excellent communication skills and willingness to interact with laboratory personnel, contractors and management. Ability to troubleshoot problems and identify solutions. Ability to influence and partner with individuals both within and outside of a formal reporting relationship towards realization of team goals
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field