Chemist Food Job Description Sample
Entry Level QC Chemist
- Test raw materials, in process samples, and finished products.
- Adhere to strict FDA regulations.
- Adhere to GMP/GLP practices
- Utilize HPLC, GC, UV/Vis and wet chemistry techniques.
- Analyze data and write written reports
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Recent graduates or recent lab experience preferred
We partner with Chicago's top employers and match them with top talent. We represent many of Chicago's most desirable employers in their hiring efforts. They turn to Momentum for our industry specific expertise and ability to match them with the industries best candidates. Our boutique approach has made us the fastest growing scientific staffing company in Chicago.
At Momentum, we work with you to develop a job search strategy that suits your unique aspirations and skills. Our recruiting approach sets us apart from other staffing agencies by gaining a greater degree of partnership with you - the candidate. We attribute our success as a company to the relationships we’ve fostered with our candidates and contractors.
Ready to be a part of the Momentum revolution? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Momentum:
- Full Time Healthcare - When you work with Momentum you're eligible for the same healthcare packages we have. All of our healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, don't have waiting periods and avoid federal tax penalties. You’ll be able to choose between Gold, Silver and Bronze plans. Better yet, we cover 50% of the monthly premium. Why should you be treated like a second class employee just because you are a contractor? Crazy.
- Industry Expertise - All we do is science. Period. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into what you should expect your career decision. We're experts at getting your career to where you want it to go. We'll help you understand your career options and work with you to determine the path that suits you. Why would you want to work with an agency that only does science on the side?
- Permanent Results - Last year 94% of our contractors were converted to permanent employees. Pretty impressive huh? Getting you a permanent job is our priority as an agency. No other agency in the scientific space can boast such a high conversion rate.
- No Charge - With Momentum there are no hidden fees. We don't take any money out of your paycheck or charge a conversion fee. Our clients pay for what we do, not our employees.
- Consultative Approach - When you work with Momentum, we start by learning a lot about your career direction. Only then do we propose a path that will help you achieve your career goals. We share a lot of our industry expertise with you so that you are informed about your options.
Drug Development Chemist - Analytics/Scale-Up/Proj Mgmt (Chicago)
Patrin Pharma is a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company in business for 12 years is expanding its lab staff to accelerate new product development activities. We are looking for several energetic, and creative individuals with Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Development experience to join our team in Northern suburb of Chicago. Patrin Pharma, Inc is a pharmaceutical development and distribution company for generic prescription, OTC and 510K pharmaceutical products.
We are seeking several dynamic Chemistry professionals to join our team at various levels.
In a dynamic growth environment, the Analytical Chemist will collaboratively contribute to method development, validation and analysis and characterization of widely diverse projects. The candidate will work directly with the guidance from the supervisor. This role will support project objectives, develop experimental plans, execute experimental studies, and deliver high-quality data using a broad range of analytical methods. If you value analytical science, appreciate experimental studies and enjoy working as part of a team, in a small company environment then Patrin Pharma may be a great fit for you.
Our ideal candidate fits this profile:
You are self-motivated and possess intellectual curiosity, which you combine with problem solving skills and chemical knowledge to navigate chemical conundrums and understand process problems. You excel at engaging and communicating with colleagues. You possess problem-solving skills, a willingness to learn, effective time management skills and a passion to produce quality analytical and technical work. You possess strong organizational and project management skills that you leverage to complete projects and maintain applicable notebooks, log books and to write reports.
The duties include:
Successful applicants must possess...
Senior Formulation Chemist
- Formulate customized hair products for customers using Strands’ custom formulation process.
- Formulate large/medium sized batches of various shampoo and conditioner bases.
- Keep track of raw material inventory by receiving, documenting and organizing incoming raw materials.
- Maintain MSDS’s, CofA’s and product information sheets, for each ingredient or blend.
- Comply with all laboratory and formulation standard procedures and maintain a safe, clean workspace.
- Review, develop and test new formulations from concept to commercialization using Strands’ principles of ingredient selection.
- Conduct stability and microbial testing on new and existing formulations.
- Analyze batch viscosity and pH.
- Maintain detailed record of laboratory procedures and results.
- Research and keep up-to-date with new ingredients and ingredient trends to implement into the Strands database.
- Continuously aim to solve problems and improve processes within the custom formulation pipeline.
- Work closely with process engineer to implement and optimize the Strands custom formulation pipeline during scale up.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- BA or BS in chemistry or equivalent science. Candidates with a master’s in cosmetic chemistry are preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous formulation experience within the hair care and/or cosmetics industry.
- In-depth knowledge of hair care formulations, polymers, surfactants and established history of creating effective, scalable formulations.
- Knowledge of regulations (FDA, PCPC, GLP, CGMP).
- Experience in both bench-top and scale manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently and with professional and nonprofessional personnel.
- Ability to spearhead important connections with suppliers to grow product development initiatives.
- Great verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word and familiarity with Lab Information Management and Inventory Management systems.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable in working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Be a self-starter and willing to take initiative to assume multiple roles in a startup environment.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Have a drive to creatively innovate with the latest raw materials, technologies, and formulation techniques in order to anticipate, meet, and exceed current consumer needs.
- Master complex instrumentation and concepts.
- Work in a fast-paced cGMP environment.
- Perform statistical data analysis.
- B.S. in Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Experience with HPLC and GC (research experience okay).
Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals
This position will be responsible for:
- Performing routine and non-routine analysis of biological samples utilizing analytical chemistry.
- Performing HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV-VIS and other analytical techniques on in-process and finished biologically manufactured products.
- Adhering to cGMP / cGLP laboratory procedures according to FDA specifications.
- Eventually, participating in method validation working with process development teams validating analytical assay methods.
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related field
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (helpful but not required)
- 1-3 years of industry experience with HPLC or GC.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and attention to detail
Senior Formulation Chemist - Cosmetics
Key Success Factors:
- Solid working knowledge of raw ingredients to analyze and formulate a wide variety of products
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative skin care products, product improvements, and develop new formulas based on current technology
- Maintain laboratory compliance (GLP)
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Has a passion to explore and innovate with novel raw materials, processing techniques and/or formulations in creative, non-conventional approaches into new products leveraging current consumer insights and needs
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor product stability for formulas
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal
- Minimum of BA or BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent science
- 7 years (Chemist) of previous formulation experience within skincare and cosmetics industry, specifically with powders and color emulsions.
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written)
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
- Works well within team environment
- Requires computer proficiency (Word and Excel)
- High impact in a growing company.
- Competitive salary and full benefits package.
- Career training and development opportunity.
Quality Control Chemist
QUALITY CONTROL CHEMIST
Cambridge Isotope Laboratories has an outstanding opportunity to work as part of the QC Laboratory team in a fast-paced environment in our Tewksbury, MA location. As the leading company in a niche scientific market, CIL works with cutting edge researchers in clinical diagnostics, metabolic research, proteomics, environmental testing, protein discovery, drug development, metabolomics and industrial research. CIL has had consistent growth and profitability for 35 years. CIL's growing customer base spans academia, pharmaceutical and industry, enabling collaborations with Nobel laureates, industry-leading scientists, and chemists. CIL partners with leading instrument manufacturers as well as with pioneering research groups that have expertise in product development and who drive market growth.
Our employees are active contributors to the company’s success and enjoy long term careers at CIL. Over 95% of CIL’s senior managers have been with the company for more than 15 years. CIL employees appreciate the small company atmosphere, value of employee contributions, team camaraderie and excellent benefits package.
- Employ the following techniques to characterize a wide range of organic and inorganic chemicals by following documented standard operation procedures: GC, GC-MS, HPLC, NMR, FTIR and numerous wet chemistry tests
- Follow GMP and ISO guidelines and best practices with detailed documentation
- Perform calibrations and maintain laboratory equipment
- Assist with method development, validations and equipment qualifications
- Author new documents such as new testing methods, protocols, summary reports
- Utilize computer and informational techniques to process analytical data
- BS or MS in Chemistry or other relative science degree
- Three to five years of industry lab experience with GC, GC-MS, NMR, HPLC experience required; QC GMP experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability/experience to execute, qualify and validate analytical methods for isotopically labeled chemical compounds
- Demonstrated ability/experience following documented standard operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability in preparing test procedures and protocols a plus
- Hands-on experience with Biovia (formerly Accelrys) LIMS/LES system or similar (Waters Empower) strongly preferred; Cheminformatics experience a plus
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with testing in a GMP or ISO environment is required
CIL offers a comprehensive benefit program including BCBS Health, dental, 401K and sabbatical program.
If you meet these qualifications, please submit your resume.
CIL is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc., with headquarters in Tewksbury, MA, is the world’s premier producer of stable isotope labeled compounds and a world leader in the field of stable isotope separations. CIL has 450 employees with laboratories in the U.S., Canada, France and Germany.
For 35 years, CIL has specialized in the development, production, and marketing of stable isotopes and chemical compounds labeled with stable isotopes. Join us for excellent career opportunities as we drive the expansion of market applications with innovative product development.
Learn more about us on our website: www.isotope.com
Quality Control Chemist
Quality Control Chemist
Why should you apply?
- Growth Opportunities
- Excellent work environment with growth opportunities
- Financial Growth
- Business Hours
QC Chemist will perform a variety of QC testing to assess the strength, identity and purity of test samples and/or materials.
Job Requirements and Duties
- Bachelor's degree in Science; minimum 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Adapt, maintain and operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, TOC, UV, etc. and minor trouble shooting of equipment.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis, such as finished product testing, dissolution testing, stability testing, raw material testing, cleaning verification testing and manufacturing in-process testing.
- Documentation of log books, in-house calibration records, temperature and humidity records, etc.
- Perform analytical testing on finished products, In-process (Blend Uniformity), and Cleaning Validation samples.
- HPLC and dissolution testing of Solid dosage form
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.
Food Service- Tray Line Worker - Hospital - Full Time
Monday-Friday- 7am-3pm NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS!
Pay: Depending on Experience, $11.20/hr +
Contract to Hire- full medical benefits upon perm hire!
1) Prepares and delivers food trays to patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line: Reads production orders on menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray.
2) Places items, such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays.
3) Prepares food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
4) Places servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
5) Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card
6) Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart, dumbwaiter, or conveyor belt.
7) Pushes carts to halls or ward kitchen.
8) Delivers trays to Charge Nurse on Unit
9) Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen.
10) Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
11) Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
12) May record amount and types of special food items served to patients.
13) May assemble and serve food items to hospital staff in cafeteria.
1) 1+ year experience in related field
2) Reliable transportation and proof of dependability
3) This job will require a drug and criminal check, as well as a full physical
Food Runner - Prezzo
The Food Runner is responsible for supporting the restaurant staff by delivering food and other items to guests in a professional, timely and friendly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Delivers food items ordered by guests without delay, at the desired temperature and in a highly presentable manner.
Arranges the various food items properly on the table as per the seating plan.
Clears the dishes as they are consumed.
Carefully watches tables and fills water glasses and other drinks as appropriate.
Provides friendly, gracious, motivated, detail oriented and responsive service to create a memorable dining experience for guests.
Performs cleaning side work as assigned.
Completes all service paperwork as required.
Supports waiters and kitchen staff in other duties as required.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
The physical ability to maintain proper balance while walking briskly carrying food laden trays.
Previous restaurant experience strongly preferred.
High energy and stamina are required.
The ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure.
The ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively.
Strong verbal communication skills required.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family.
The ability to read menus, safety documents, etc.
The ability to use the company’s POS system.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES. Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.
We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Rapoport’s Restaurant Group believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit, and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If you’re looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, we’d like to talk to you.
We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. RRG conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws. We are a Drug Free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!