Food Service Supervisor At Cherry Point Dining Facility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
* Supervise the associates during all meal periods. Conducts annual performance management plans on all associates.
* Ensure that all applicable training takes place for the associates on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis as needed.
* Routinely check associates to ensure they are following all food safety, sanitation, and customer service on serving lines and during meal periods.
* Daily inspection of associate food serving, proportions, line/area setup, and cleaning to meet contract and QAE requirements.
* Routinely check HACCP logs for correct temperatures.
* Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform daily facility inspections and forward reports of deficiencies to the Program Manager
* Perform pre-service meeting with Associates.
* Perform personnel hygiene inspections on an unannounced inspection schedule
* Report required inventories on all supplies and equipment as required to Sodexo and Program Manager
* Perform Quality Control inspections in all areas of the contract to meet and exceed QAE requirements.
* Schedule and staff personnel to work stations.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal safety and environmental codes, ordinances, standards and laws.
* Adhere to all Network and /or Affiliate safety plans, policies, practices and standards.
* Model excellent service skills
* Work with Associates to meet and exceed Sodexo 5-Star program on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION(S):
* High school diploma; some college preferred
* At least 5 years' experience in supervising/managing a cafeteria or multi-full food service facility
* Must pass ServSafe accreditation within 30 days of hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Leadership Skills: Motivate employees, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions.
* Time Management: Must have ability to manage your time effectively, as associates, customers and management will all demand your time. Ordering supplies, keeping facilities clean, reviewing and new policies and procedures, training and interacting with customers will keep you very busy.
* Math and Budgeting: You may be expected to handle money and receipts for each shift. You will need to be confident with basic math to keep the books balanced.
* Decision-Making Skills: As a supervisor you will deal with employees, customers, management or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company.
* Speaking and Writing: Supervisors will log in some desk time talking and writing. This might be one-on-one to a customer, giving a pep talk to employees, or working with management. You might be called upon to write reports or recommendations.
* Customer Service Skills: How you interact with customers is crucial for repeat business, employee morale and the health of your company. Great customer service skills will help you solve issues before they become problems, and help create customer loyalty Must be thoroughly knowledgeable in the following areas: sanitation, conducting training, security,
* Additionally, the employee must have the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community and environment.
* Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Basic ability to operate a computer using Microsoft Office software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Because ServiceSource hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
* Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
* Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
* A 403(b)-Retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for dollar on a generous percentage matching up to 3% of your contribution.
* Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
* To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, and Tuition Assistance.
* A generous paid time-off program in which the benefits increase based on your tenure with the company.
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information
POST JOBS FOR FREE