Chesapeake Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced Apartment Manager to join the Boyd Homes team in Chesapeake, Virginia. Boyd Homes, a company with over thirty years’ experience in developing, building, selling and managing communities is continuing to grow its multi-family division – with additional projects coming quickly down the pipeline. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with generous contributions to the group health and dental plans, as well as paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
The ideal candidate knows how to balance the needs of the business and the needs of the residents, with the goal of building a strong, positive presence in the community. We’re not looking for someone to just fill a job; we’re looking for that certain someone to help us continue to thrive and grow in the world of multi-family.
- Supervise and provide leadership, support and direction to the staff. Resolve associate related issues and support team cohesiveness with positive and open communication.
- Ensure leasing team is productive and successfully meeting/exceeding leasing targets.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of all property positions.
- Oversee the physical condition and appearance of the property.
- Work with Regional Managers to prepare annual budgets. Complete monthly variance reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Prepare reports identifying competition rental rates, concessions, promotions and property changes. Conduct off-site marketing to provide area businesses with information and increase traffic and occupancy.
- Resolve resident complaints, escalating them to Regional Manager when appropriate.
- Conduct monthly goal meetings with individual associates and provide feedback and direction.
- Achieve the highest possible NOI through implementation of effective cost control and revenue improvement programs.
- Implement programs for resident retention and service request follow-ups.
- Evaluate and recommend changes on rent/pricing strategies, and ensure websites and printed material are accurate and updated.
- Monitor service request turnaround and ensure the responsiveness of the maintenance staff.
- Coordinate with construction project manager for inspection, delivery, and acceptance of new units during construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three to five years Tax Credit Community/Property Manager experience.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- Positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude.
- Proven ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Real Page/OneSite preferred.
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements, including dealing with vendors and contractors.
Boyd Homes offers a competitive salary with a generous and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid vacation and sick leave.
Valid driver's license and positive driving record required. Background and credit check will be completed. Our company maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Direct Support Professional (Day Support)
FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
FACES is seeking Direct Support Staff to join an EXTRAORDINARY team! Qualified candidates will have experience in implementing individualized support plans, behavior management techniques, providing supervision, training, assistance, and support for Adult with Intellectual Disabilities in a day support setting.
1. Prolonged standing, walking, and running may be required.
2. Heavy Lifting (up to 50 pounds).
3. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. General recreational activities; exercise; physical restraint; physically fit for outside activities. Able to bend, kneel, stoop, hold, and balance to physically restraint clients during aggressive outbursts. Able to go up and down stairs.
High School Diploma and 1year experience working with Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Illness, successful completion of DSP Orientation, Medication Administration Training 32-Hour certificate, Criminal Background Check, Child Protective Services Background Check, Physical Intervention Training, CPR and First Aid, OSHA Training, and a TB Test Screening.
Applicant must have an excellent driving record, a reliable vehicle, auto insurance and be willing to transport individuals to various community activities and events in their personal vehicles.
COME JOIN A TEAM THAT ENJOYS ENHANCING THE LIVES OF INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
To apply: Please attach your well-written resume and cover letter.
Insurance Sales Representative
BLEVINS FINANCIAL GROUP
The Blevins Financial Group is the independent agent's resource to develop a serious income potential in both up front commissions as well as back-end residuals. Whether your career ambitions are to run your own independent agency, or you want to be in the field writing business, we are the place to make the kind of money you have always dreamed of making. Please visit our website for more information.
Sell Life and Disability insurance to protect the family homes of your clients in the event of death or disability. We provide and support a program in which you work from home and set your own hours. This is commission only, so if you are self-disciplined, teachable, and enjoy sales, you can earn a minimum income of $75,000/first year by coaching you to effectively use and follow our PROVEN system and mailed in response leads.
Full Time: $75,000-$125,000 + residual income
Part Time: $40,000-$75,000 + residual income
Company PAID vacations to qualified agents
Products: Super fast issue mortgage protection insurance, inexpensive term, universal life, final expense, annuities, disability and unique "MONEY BACK" return of premium term life insurance.
Leads: Direct mail leads, Best leads in the country, and our clients have NO DOUBT what they are responding to. Tired of prospecting and chasing lists? WE focus 80% of our time on the sales process vs. programs that emphasize time spent prospecting.
Selling System: Proven, Turnkey Selling System: If duplicated, will result in a sale every time you sit down at an appointment.
Management opportunities are available in select areas to qualified agents.
Availability: There are very LIMITED openings due to our exclusive leads system. We limit the number of representatives in a determined area to insure maximum coverage and profitability of our representatives. The state requires our representatives to have a current Life & Health insurance license. If you are currently not licensed, you may still be eligible in this area for this opportunity and we will assist you in the easiest way to obtain this license.
A State Life/Health License is Required to perform the duties of this position. Qualified candidates may still be eligible even if not currently licensed but are required to go through the training and pass the state licensing exam. Home computer and/or home office. Strong work ethic. Ability to work independently from a direct mail lead source. Reliable transportation is needed. Access to a Laptop Computer is highly desirable.
Our website is www.naablevins.com
Construction Project Manager
COME JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM! The Project Manager is responsible for the supervision and administration of construction activities for one or more projects and for fulfilling the terms of the contracts of his/her project(s). Depending upon the type and scope of the work, the Project Manager is from either the Civil or Mechanical group. Large projects may require managers from both areas. The assignment of a Project Manager is normally determined once the Company has been determined to be the low bidder, or immediately after the contract is signed..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and update project schedules with input from project staff and, if required, assistance from the Scheduling Department.
- Negotiate change orders with client, architects, and engineers.
- Assist with preparation of all Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, requisitions, proposals, etc.
- Organize and set up the project field office, unless the project is run from the Main Office or branch office.
- Select, set up, and maintain required project reports, forms, and logs as applicable to track activities such as shop drawing submittals, requests for information, field changes and change orders, and purchase and delivery schedules.
- Prepare monthly requisitions.
- Ensure that all on-site activities are carried out in strict accordance with Company and Government safety regulations.
- Ensure that all work meets the highest standards of workmanship, and that all work and materials comply with the Specifications and Contract Drawings.
- Ensure on-time performance by subcontractors, vendors, and Company forces.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (Traits)
- Daily oversight of construction project(s)
- Primavera P6 Scheduling Software
- Subcontract preparation
- OSHA Safety Regulations
- Quality Control Oversight
Project Managers are responsible for supervising Project Superintendents and other project staff.
W.M. SCHLOSSER COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Oracle Database Subject Matter Expert (Sme) 4 -- Esn-051016(3)
Requisition Number: 959
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Date Posted: 04-05-2016
Date Closing: When Filled
Clearance: Top Secret
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Machinist III (3Rd Shift)
Category Engineering- Manufacturing
Set up and operation of manual and semi-automatic lathes, mills, grinders, tool grinders, drills, broaches, gear hobbers, shears, etc.
Set up, adjust, and operate machine tools in order to perform precision machining operations while holding close tolerance dimensions with minimal assistance.
• Read & interpret blueprints - both imperial and metric standards.
• Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics (geometry, trigonometry) and part drawings / standards.
• Test cut / dry run CNC programs prior to production runs. Machine parts correctly with only set up documentation and part drawing documentation.
• Follow Process Sheets, Process Maps, Standard Operating Procedures and Poka-Yoke systems implemented by Manufacturing Engineering and Shop management to generate predetermined production volumes, while ensuring best quality and lead times.
• Use measuring gauges including micrometers, calipers, height gauge, depth gauge, bore gauges, Mahr gages, etc. to inspect manufactured parts, in order to ensure adherence to drawing tolerances.
• Ensure adherence to routed hours and target efficiencies for production.
• Provide feedback on equipment, tooling, jigs, fixtures, and work holding solutions to reduce setup times and eliminate rework. Recommend modifications for improved efficiency in assigned areas.
• Perform daily cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery.
• Work closely with Machine shop supervisors, quality assurance, and maintenance personnel to proactively prevent problems with machining cells and tooling/fixtures, and to identify ways to improve efficiency, cost, layout, and safety.
• Machine prototype parts with some assistance.
• Ensure all manufacturing safety & regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
• Actively champion & maintain a culture of 5S (Sort, Set and Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) in the machine shop.
• Train other operators.
• Be an active resource in time studies to analyze processes & validate recommended process changes.
• Be a resource to other company projects. Take part in brainstorming sessions and kaizen events designed to improve efficiency, costs and lead time.
• Requires at least 15 years of experience operating a mix of manual, semi-automatic, and CNC machine tools in a fast paced work environment.
• o At least 5 years of manual machining experience.
• o At least 10 years of CNC machining experience.
• o At least 5 years of experience in high volume - low mix production.
• o At least 5 years of experience in low volume - high mix production
• o At least 2 years of experience in multi-pallet machines, pallet controller systems, 4+Axis/5-Sided machining, or bar-fed lathes desired but not essential.
• Expertise & experience in using common measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, height/depth/bore gauges,) and tool presetters.
• Expertise in reading & interpreting complex drawings & blueprints in both imperial and metric standards.
• Expertise in calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics (geometry, trigonometry) and part drawings / standards.
• Expertise & experience in measuring perpendicularity, parallelism, concentricity, and run out in micron or sub-micron level resolutions on manufactured components.
• Expertise & experience in proving out prototype parts and first piece runs for CNC programs generated by CAM packages.
• Proficiency in reading CNC programs (G & M code), and ability to edit programs in order to make corrections and/or improve efficiency.
• Proficiency in setup, operation, & basic maintenance of multi-axis CNC lathes; mills - horizontal and vertical - including multipallet machining centers; grinders; boring machines; broaches; Gear generation & testing equipment.
• Proficiency in setup, operation, & basic maintenance of Manual lathes, mills, grinders, tool grinders, drills, broaches, shears, gear hobber, band saw.
• Exposure to technologies such as 4 / 5 Axis machining, 5-Sided machining, Bar-fed turning, and/or multitasking machines.
• Ability to set up, adjust and operate all machine tools in order to perform precision machining operations while holding very close tolerances, and with minimal assistance.
• Good understanding of Tooling / Jig & Fixture design for machining operations.
• Ability to read & understand complex Engineering drawings/Blueprints; excellent grasp of GD & T.
• Excellent grasp of mathematics (including geometry & trigonometry), and good understanding of mechanical systems.
• Proven competency in calculating complex dimensions and tight tolerances (sub-micron positional dimensions, angles, patterns, parallelism, perpendicularity, concentricity, taper) using knowledge of mathematics (geometry, trigonometry) and part drawings / standards.
• Good understanding of Metallurgy (focus on Cast iron- Grey cast & Ductile iron; Steel, Stainless Steel- 304/316/416).
• Complete understanding of common gauges & measuring instruments (gauge blocks, micrometers, calipers, height gauge, depth gauge, bore gauges, Mahr gages, etc.).
• Experience in accurately diagnosing tool wear by visual inspection or by listening to the process, and in making necessary adjustments to control the process.
• Knowledge of tool setting systems.
• Basic understanding of DNC control for CNC programs and Machine monitoring systems desired but not essential.
• Ability to setup & operate multiple CNC machine tools simultaneously (for proven processes).
• Customer focused work ethic rooted in first-time-right production, value addition, and sense of urgency.
• Ability to understand and use Sumitomo's Discrepancy reporting process, and other internal process control mechanisms.
• Ability to define & communicate problems based on process experience and personal observations.
• Knowledge & experience in participating in Time Studies.
• A strong commitment to Lean production values such as Pull processing, Perfect first-time quality, Single piece flow, Waste minimization, Continuous improvement, & Visual Control.
• Good initiative, work ethics & ability to work individually and in team settings.
• Strong personal ethics.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to train associates on new processes.
• Ability & drive to learn new skills & manufacturing techniques at an accelerated pace
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to AccessAssist@sjsexecutives.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.Additionally, you may also call Human Resources at: 757-502-4101, ext.101 for assistance.
Software Powered by iCIMS
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P1053004) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.
IT Network Administrator
Full service IT & Telecommunication company seeking fulltime experienced network / field technician. MUST HAVE 1 YEARS IT EXPERIENCE.
We are growing and hiring a few new people. We need someone with experience in:
Windows 2008/2012 Server
Windows 20011 Small Business Server
Exchange Server 20010/2016
Cisco and router experience a Plus
Wiring and Phone System experience a Plus Also
Duties to include but are not limited to the day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks in house and on customer site. Technician is expected to troubleshoot, interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems. Install and upgrade computer hardware and software applications. They will also install, modify, clean, and repair computer hardware and software. Provide clear documentation of service/resolution efforts and inventory information in detail on work order. Organize and manage equipment to ensure that the proper equipment is taken to customer site to complete the job. Assist with network support and maintenance with occasional support outside of regular work hours as needed.
We are a IT networking company, some driving involved, all local Norfolk, Chesapeake, VAB. Job is full time with benefits, not contract work.
Please include resume and salary requirements.
Quality Control Technician (Mechanical)
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc., founded in 1960, is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery, pumps, and switchgear in the United States. We are conveniently located in Hampton Roads, Virginia just miles from Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
Our company prides itself on:
- Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
- Providing quality service to our customers
- Employing and retaining great people
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Quality Control Technician to work out of our Chesapeake, Virginia facility.
Minimum requirements are:
1. High school degree or equivalent.
2. Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience using inside and outside micrometers, vernier calipers, dial indicators, depth micrometers, and various other testing equipment.
3. Must have accurate and legible recordkeeping skills.
4. Ability to work overtime as needed.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
6. Former military mechanical technician a definite plus.
Responsibilities for this position include:
1. Perform dimensional measurements and visual inspection of disassembled electric motors and associated parts to determine necessary repairs.
2. Verification of new and repaired parts following machining against drawing or specified requirements.
3. Perform in-process surveillance and release completed motors for shipment.
4. Complete all required paperwork completely and legibly.
Candidates will be given capability tests as part of the selection process.
NOTE: This position requires drug and background screening.
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package including vacation/holiday pay, insurance, 401K/Profit Sharing, relocation assistance, and much more.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume and salary requirements.
Customer Service Administrator
Taylor Freezer Sales Company is seeking qualified candidates to join our Customer Admin Team . Our Customer Service Admin Team members ensure administrative and procedural requirements, as well as predetermined goals for Taylor Freezer Sales Company are met and exceeded on a daily basis. Taylor Freezer Sales Company is a fast paced, service based company committed to putting our customers first with our trademark Red Cape Service. Qualified candidates will posses a high school diploma, present with the ability to deal daily with a variety of different people and personalities, be self -motivated, posses the ability to work effectively in a team setting, be able to multi-task while staying very organized, and demonstrate high levels of energy and enthusiasm. Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
Chief Financial Officer
B2B CFO helps experienced financial professionals build successful consulting careers.
We are B2B CFO, the nation’s premier CFO Services and Exit Strategy firm. We are celebrating 30 years in business, and have over 200 CFO partners in 46 states. We have helped them build a successful consulting career (some of them turned their employer into client #1.)
We're looking to add some more top talent to our team - is that you?
We are looking for the right person. Do you have a consistent record of success? Do you have a dream to build your own practice? Do you want to scratch your entrepreneurial itch? If so, we want to talk to you.
If this is you, then click the apply button and submit your complete resume at our careers website.
- This is NOT a W-2 CFO job. We are looking for consulting partners to join our firm. You can work from anywhere in the USA.
- This is NOT a franchise opportunity
- By confidentially submitting your resume to us, you are giving B2B CFO permission to contact you via email and phone about our CFO opportunities.
- We are an equal opportunity company and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!