Chicago Job Description Sample
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Open Client Services is looking for dynamic customer service consultants to join our fast-growing team. Based in Chicago, Open Client Services is a market leader in direct sales and customer acquisition, and we need customer service personnel to support our sales team. The sky is the limit for the right candidate, so read on for more information and if you think you tick all the boxes, apply today!
Are You Qualified for the Role?
We are looking for warm, friendly people with an outgoing personality and a genuine enthusiasm for life.
Excellent communication skills.
A second language ability is desirable.
You must be a team player.
A strong work ethic is essential.
You must be flexible and willing to learn.
The Benefits of Working for Open Client Services
You can earn as much as you like at Open Client Services because we reward hard work with an excellent bonus and commission package.
You will have lots of scope for promotion and career advancement.
There is plenty of opportunity for travel is available if desired.
Customer Service Consultant Job Description
Dealing with customers in person.
Resolving client issues in a friendly, helpful way.
Providing price tariffs and amending as required.
Responding to client inquiries.
Attending staff and client meetings.
Tracking sales and maintaining records.
Helping the sales team to acquire new customers.
Up-selling where appropriate.
Providing general admin support.
Work History and Educational Requirements
A High School Diploma.
Previous experience in a customer focused role is desirable.
Previous sales experience helpful but not essential.
Customer service applicants with relevant experience in customer service and sales are always welcome, but the right personality and a genuine desire to please is more important than experience, and full training will be provided if required.
Our philosophies are very simple but have been crucial to our success in the US, and internationally.
Come grow your career at the classic, white-tablecloth restaurant expanding across the nation, with 21 locations and counting! The Palm Restaurant is now accepting applications for Sous Chefs at our
Chicago, IL Location!
The Sous Chef will assist with the daily operations of the kitchen and provide professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. The goal is to ensure that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet our restaurant’s specifications and commitment to quality.
- 2 or more years of Sous Chef experience in a high-volume upscale or fine dining environment
- College or culinary training and/or extensive cooking and production experience
- Knowledge of basic food training techniques
- Understanding of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Team player with the ability to take direction.
- Computer competency.
Since 1926, The Palm has established itself as not only a great restaurant, but as a place where every employee is treated like family. There is more to The Palm than our world-famous steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters and authentic Italian dishes. There are excellent salaries, bonuses, benefits, and more!
If your experience matches the qualifications above, apply online via our career site:
The Palm is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a culturally diverse workforce.
- Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
That philosophy was born in 1926, when Pio Bozzi and John Ganzi opened the first Palm in New York City. From day one, Pio and John shared their commitment to quality and generosity of spirit with every guest who walked through their doors. What began as a restaurant became a legend - a place to not only enjoy an excellent meal but also catch up with old friends, meet new ones, close business deals, and celebrate family milestones.
Still owned and operated by members of the Bozzi and Ganzi families, The Palm continues to serve as a second home for countless patrons, thanks to the exceptional standard of hospitality established by our founders.
Junior Analyst - Commercial Mortgage Lending Training Program
American Street Capital, a leading Chicago commercial mortgage banking company, offers driven and motivated young professionals a chance to become a part of the exciting and lucrative commercial lending industry. This unique opportunity offers recent college graduates access to work directly with the company's senior executives and high net worth clients to learn every facet of the commercial lending business. This very demanding position offers the most comprehensive commercial mortgage banking training program in Chicago. The role does not require candidates to have direct industry experience. Candidates will be evaluated on their ability to demonstrate an exceptional work ethic, a very high degree of self-motivation, capacity to work in a team oriented environment, and ability to excel with complex tasks under minimal supervision. For the right candidate this is a rare chance to learn every aspect of the commercial lending industry and be positioned in a very short period of time to generate a six figure salary.
• Desired Skills & Experience:
• 1. Minimum of 1 year of professional work experience ideally in a finance industry setting
• 2. Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• 3. College degree required
• 4. Strong work ethic and professional appearance
• 5. Self-motivated and driven by financial success
• 6. Strong knowledge of social media
• 7. Candidates must be local and live within 25 miles of the corporate office
• 1. Support the senior analysts and chief credit officer with all aspects of the commercial loan process
• 2. Support the director of operations with market research, client relations, vendor relations, lender relations, and social media initiatives
• 3. Support the principal with executing strategic initiatives, marketing efforts, and operational requirements
• 4. Represent the company by attending various educational events and company sponsored outings
• 5. Meet borrowers and attend lender site inspections
• 6. Provide support duties to staff as needed to meet the company’s objectives
• 1. Full-time salaried position with expectation of 45-50 hour work week
• 2. One week of paid training and continuous education
• 3. Competitive base salary
• 4. Monthly commission
• 5. Annual bonus
• 6. Flexible schedule
• 7. Health insurance
• 8. Management opportunities
All interested candidates please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history. We look forward to hearing from you.
Digital Marketing And Social Media Strategist
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and energetic individual looking to dominate digital marketing and social media in the financial industry. This position is new and you will be responsible for the development of social media strategy for content amplification and distribution and involvement in creation and management of content in any digital format for the purpose of generating leads and amplifying our Phillip brand.
This position is open to new graduates with relevant education background or experience. Please include evidence of extra-curricular achievement. You will report directly to the Co-CEO, Lynette Lim and work closely with the sales team for generation of ideas for content.
PhillipCapital seeks and values diversity and ideas from all staff and offers tremendous growth opportunities.
· Build and execute digital marketing and social media strategy specific for the financial industry with appropriate benchmarks
· Generate, publish and share content that builds meaningful connections that promotes social engagement.
· Collaborate and brainstorm with sales and customer service departments on content and marketing campaigns.
· Write for various content types: articles, email and web copy, short video scripts
· Leads and manage ad-hoc campaigns from start to completion.
· Degree in journalism or writing preferred or science degree
· Strong writing skills, familiarity with writing across different channels( print vs digital)
· Solid knowledge of basic HTML, Google analytics , Google adwords
· Experience in SEO preferred
· Curious, Energetic and have demonstrated experience as a self-starter.
· Strong communication and analytic skills.
· Necessary traits: Absolute integrity, strong sense of ownership, energy, initiative, and ability to learn from feedback.
· Knowledge in the futures industry a plus but not necessary
Please send a resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position, with “Digital Marketing” in the subject line. No phone calls and do not contact PhillipCapital businesses in other countries about this position. Phillip Capital Inc. will not consider candidates sent by recruiters for this position.
Phillip Capital Inc. (“PhillipCapital”) is a growing SEC registered securities self-clearing broker-dealer and Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) based in Chicago. PhillipCapital has clearing memberships with CME/CBOT/COMEX/NYMEX/KCBOT, DME, ICE US, ICE EU, NFX, CFE and DTCC.
PhillipCapital has common ownership and works closely with other firms within the PhillipCapital Group, which is headquartered in Singapore. The Group has network companies operating in the financial hubs of 16 countries, has more than $1B in owners’ equity, in excess of $18B of customer funds, and is a leading provider of a full range of investment services including global equities, futures, commodities, currencies, mutual funds, and insurance in Asia. Many foreign offices are equity clearing members of their respective countries futures and stock exchanges.
Learn more about PhillipCapital at www.PhillipCapital.com and PhillipCapital Group at www.phillip.com.sg/.
© 2017 Phillip Capital Inc.
Senior Java Developer
Our technology team is looking for a Java Application Developer to help build out our platform in support of our rapidly growing lending business in Chicago. This role will be instrumental in designing and developing a flexible, highly scalable online lending platform. We are seeking a very strong technical hands-on engineer who enjoys solving complex problems and writing great code.
· Create high quality, highly performant code.
· Create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of technical artifacts.
· Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospectives.
· Ability to work in various layers of the software stack from the database to the UI is a major plus.
· Participate in continuous integration and continuous deployment.
· Stay up to date with tools, trends, and technologies in the FinTech space.
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· 5+ years of hands on programming experience.
· Ability to demonstrate extensive experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Microservices, Postgres.
· UI experience a plus (react.js and angular.js)
· Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to implement a testing strategy.
· Experience with cloud hosting on Amazon AWS including managing and creating AWS EC2 instances, S3 storage management, Elastic Beanstalk,
· Deep understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.)
· Experience with Git (Github & BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
· Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Scrum and Kanban
· Ability to thrive in startup environment with heavy workload, competing priorities, and less structure than more established company
With an office in downtown Chicago, we are growing rapidly and looking for smart, passionate people to help us develop into a market leader in the fast-growing fintech space. Our industry is anticipated to grow up to 10x in the next 10 years. Come join us as we work together to streamline the borrowing process and transform how people access credit online.
Medical, dental and life insurance
401k plan with 3% automatic employer contribution
Flexible work hours with results-based culture
Break room stocked with a variety of free snacks
Team outings and monthly happy hours
Significant career upside as our business grows
We are looking for an experienced Title Insurance Closer to join the best team in Title!
Minimum of two years experience closing both commercial and residential refinance and purchase transactions.
Must be personable, professional with attention to detail and willing to travel to closings.
Parvin-Clauss Sign Company, a fast growing, family owned business, is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and goal oriented individual to join its established sales team in the role of Sales Executive. Our Sales Executives work with everyone from Fortune 500 companies to start up businesses. Parvin-Clauss enjoys an excellent reputation with financial institutions, developers, retailers, general contractors, and commercial real estate companies. We are looking for a fresh, energetic approach to our existing markets as well as potential new ones.
Our ideal candidate will possess
- outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years experience in B2B sales
- strong prospecting skills
- understanding of sales cycles
- experience in sign industry a plus but not required
We provide our Sales Executives with excellent support through our team of project managers, creative designers, experienced sign fabricators and installation crews. Our ability to manufacture superior quality signs at competitive prices and efficiently manage projects from start to completion provides our Sales Executives with a significant advantage over our competition.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary + commission
- 6 figure income potential
- 401(k) plan, medical, life, vision and dental insurance
- A great work environment
Parvin-Clauss Sign Company!
Family owned, Parvin-Clauss Sign Company has been in business for over 60 years. We are a full service sign company offering a wide variety of traditional and innovative signage products to our customers locally, regionally and nationally.
Sidedoor Seeking Servers- Lawry's The Prime Rib/Sidedoor
Nestled in the corner of Rush Street, the SideDoor, an American style gastropub raises the ordinary pub to the next level with its casual lounge and best food and drink. We are looking for Servers who are confident and enthusiastic to join our team!
The ideal candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
-A minimum of 2 years restaurant experience is required
-Great organizational and communication skills
-Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
-Excellent guest service skills
-Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
Lawry's The Prime Rib/SideDoor
100 E. Ontario Street
Chicago, IL 60611
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WE ARE AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND WE DO RANDOM DRUG TESTING
We are a family owned company with high values, superb quality products, beautiful surroundings and an excellent workplace atmosphere that contributes to a longevity record seldom reached by competitor companies. We are a company both stable and progressive, both traditional and innovative.
Our mission at Lawry's Restaurants is to grow and prosper by delighting our guests in providing our guests a world class dining experience at an exceptional value.
Lawry's takes pride in the spirit of loyalty, enthusiasm and dedication of our co-workers. We offer career growth and personal development in a unique atmosphere of stability, professionalism and fun.
- 1‐2+ years of successful experience selling business solutions and services a plus.
- Developing and securing new business in an assigned territory.
- Cold calling prospects and presenting products in a concise and professional manner.
- Conduct assessments, establish needs and make appropriate recommendations for the client.
- Ability to effectively grow a sales pipeline for current and future growth.
- Entrepreneurial self‐starter with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
- Willingness to learn and participate in ongoing sales training programs.
- Ability to cold call and prospect for new opportunities.
- Consistent history of exceeding quota.
- Qualify appointments with prospects; present, demonstrate and close.
- Ability to work in outside sales in a B2B environment.
- Goal oriented, motivated by success and recognition.
- Ability to overcome objections
- Customer service oriented.
- Experience in office technology industry preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Comprehensive 8-week training program.
- Most diverse product portfolio in the industry.
- Excellent compensation plan including- Salary plus commission, bonus and sales contests for company sponsored trips.
ISBS is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Insurance Agent - Final Expense
We are currently seeking a professional who would like an opportunity to sell final expense insurance. If you have a desire to succeed, love talking to people, and are interested in unlimited income potential, we want to talk to you. Selling final expense with Security National Life isn’t just a job, it’s helping people help their families.
SNL Final Expense Division Includes:
All of our VERY competitive commissions are paid DAILY!
Unsurpassed agent-training programs.
Competitive Preneed and Final Expense Product Offerings.
Issue ages 0-90
No Phone Interview
Agent Incentives include:
1. January "Fast Start" Contest
2. Tax Time "Up Your App" Contest
3. "Summer Trip" Sales Contest
4. October "Founder’s Month" Contest
5. Annual Incentive Sales Contest Trip - 2017 Destination: Alaskan Cruise
6. A Company Assisted Lead Program
7. Day One Vesting
Sales experience required, insurance license preferred.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!