Chief Drafter Job Description Sample
Structural Drafter / Designer - Revit (945)
To qualify for the position, applicants should have AutoCad and Revit experience including experience in Revit Modeling for Structural Buildings projects. 3+ years experience is desirable. Revit Cerification a plus.
- Well established, industry leading Engineering firm
- Strong company culture with employee events throughout the year
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Cutting edge technology and interesting projects
- Strong commitment to advancing BIM technology with opportunities for passionate professionals looking to work with advanced technology systems
CAD Drafter (Orange County CA)
Analyze, prepare and ensure quality of CAD drawings (site plans, elevation, base level and level drawings)
Essential Job Functions
- Create and modify CAD Drawings for new site installations, revise CAD Drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD Drawings for unrecorded or newly acquired sites.
- Perform Quality Assurance check on final drawing products.
- Work closely with Asset Team to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Provide positive feedback, support, and training to other team members.
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments regarding information related to CAD drawing change requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent work experience
Interiors Engineering Drafter
Engineering Drafter responsibilities include creation of drawings for tooling, placards, configuration (LOPA), exterior coatings, wiring diagram manuals, assembly instructions and other items that require drafting.
Responsible for development of repairs, alterations, and maintenance specifications, and for providing engineering assistance to all departments of the Maintenance and Engineering Division and the Company
Mutually establish and prioritize projects and objectives with Manager
Periodically review and update project tasks, schedule, and change requests, as required, in the Engineering Department's Project & Change Management System
Provide engineering assistance to the AOG Engineering and Technical Services group by analyzing in-service difficulties relating to aircraft interiors
Develop Engineering Controls with supporting documents, drawings and manual revisions to accomplish repairs, alterations, and inspections to aircraft interiors
Investigate problems and propose recommended solutions following evaluation of their merits to include material and labor estimates
Provide assistance to other departments to ensure optimal safety, reliability, and cost of Alaska Airlines fleet
Keep abreast of the state of the art and technical developments affecting drafting and document management and how they relate to aircraft interiors
Other duties as assigned
Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
B.S. Degree in Engineering (Aerospace or Mechanical) strongly preferred
Excellent customer service skills
Combination of other degrees, licenses and experience may be considered in lieu of an engineering degree
Minimum 2 years in aviation industry experience required (Airline, OEM, and/or MRO)
Theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft systems (B737NG preferred)
Knowledge of FAA regulations, operating policies and procedures required
Computer literate and ability to learn Alaska Airlines Maintenance and Project & Change Management Systems required
Recent, verifiable experience with AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS; knowledge of general drafting principles
Familiarity with aircraft drawings and configuration management
Project management experience preferred
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) required
Strong analytical and complex problem solving ability
WesTech Engineering Inc. has an immediate need for a Drafter 1 position.
Drafters participate in and oversee automated drafting activities in such specialized areas as engineering, electrical, or architecture for the purpose of laying out and preparing structural, mechanical & engineering drawings for new or existing water, wastewater & industrial equipment, and systems.
Essential Job Functions
Draws structural, mechanical and engineering details of equipment, structures, and more using AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks &/or Creo (PRO-E).
Details geometrics, utilities and structures, and computes necessary dimensions.
Computes and verifies mathematical data.
Utilizes engineering handbook, design manuals, other sources such as part catalogs to find additional data.
Work as a member of a design team within a Production Group.
Interprets contract drawings & specifications in order to produce accurate drawings.
Determines materials necessary to meet planning criteria, coordinates the work, and changes as necessary. (e.g. fabrication shops)
Checks computed data and updates and corrects drawings and computations.
Visits sites to obtain additional data, measurements, and/or photographs.
Maintains sets of drawings, drawing changes, and daily reports for projects.
Prepares a variety of detail drawings that are clear & complete the first time.
Creates detail drawings from sketches or layouts.
Changes design to meet required specifications.
Investigates alterations to designs for improved performance.
Exercises independent judgment in selection of scale and proper views and decides upon necessary dimensions and proper placement on drawings.
Works from verbal instructions and sketches.
Makes accurate scale layouts of parts and assemblies for systems of considerable complexity showing specification tolerances, dimensions, and material to be used.
Prepares detailed designs, re-designs or modifications of parts, assemblies, electronic devices or other mechanisms.
Responsible for verifying accuracy of work performed by other designers.
Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
Visually compare design of component, or other equipment with drawing of parts, matching coordinating points for accuracy of fit
Education: High School student or above.
Knowledge of or experience working with AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks and/or Creo (PRO-E).
Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Engineering terminology
Knowledge of or experience preparing engineering structural and mechanical plans, including concepts such as design, scaling and conversion, and other common drafting practices.
Ability to be conscientious and detail oriented
Ability to use general math, and make geometry-level and trigonometry-level calculations
Ability to read written plans, notes, sketches, design drawings and listen to detailed, technical instructions to create scale and full-sized drawings
Ability to communicate effectively and build positive relationships with other employees, customers, and private, public, local, state, and federal personnel.
Sitting, bending, moving around facility, talking, hearing, seeing, working at computer/desk.
Learn more about WesTech and its culture here! I Am WesTech
Prepares and maintains blueprints, maps, charts, graphs, and other technical drawings.
1.Prepares detailed drawings of mechanical and electronic components, assemblies, and engineering change orders utilizing Auto CAD and/or Inventor software.
2.Prepares drawings from detailed notes and specifications.
3.May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
4.Verifies completed work and checks dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
5.May use a PC or CAD workstation.
6.Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced drafters, and may have limited supervisory responsibility.
7.Maintains current knowledge of relevant tools and equipment as assigned.
8.Participates in special projects as required.
Requires an Associates Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical/vocational/military training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related drafting experience.
Ability to obtain a security clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Structural Revit Drafter (1082)
To be considered for this opportunity, you should have:
- A minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in a Structural Drafting / Modeling role
- 3+ years of experience using Revit
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Candidates with more than 5 years of total experience highly encouraged to apply. Your experience should be within an Engineering firm, working specifically on building projects, preferably having worked on a mix of projects in the commercial, institutional and multifamily residential markets.
Submit resume for confidential and immediate consideration.
Job Title: Engineering - Drafter 3
Targeting local candidates to work onsite.
Must have experience in the Telecom industry
Work Location: Hackberry, LA (Lake Charles area)
Telecoms Designer (Familiar with Telecoms Drawings: Access Control, CCTV, PAGA, etc.)
Work in field conditions/trailer in large scale industrial plant under construction
Manage field “redline” drawings and update to next revision
Ability to work under direction of field project engineer
Ability to work with ACAD or Microstation or other type of CAD system
Ability to navigate in SAP or other drawing archive system
Ability to do basic designer work in detailing installation standards
Ability to pass a drug test and industrial safety training
No education-requirement for this position.
Wireless CAD Drafter
The CAD Designer / Drafter is responsible for transforming data such as verbal instructions, red-line sketches and drawings, into detailed drawings. The Drafter will also be responsible for following current company procedures and standards to ensure drawings are completed with quality and consistent with current drafting practices.
- Prepares routine drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of cellular tower structures and equipment systems derived from fully dimensioned layouts and sketches.
- Calculate quantity takeoffs and prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare concept layout plans and grading, utility, stormwater, and soil erosion / sediment control design.
- Relies on detailed instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Follows established technical specifications to prepare drawings.
- Consults with supervisor regarding drawing accuracy and drafting standards.
- Follows all company CAD best practices for drawing creation, file management and revision control.
- Provides regular feedback and updates to immediate supervisor about the status of drafting tasks.
Skills and Specifications:
- Wireless experience (cell tower industry) preferred, but not required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Some proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2010 or later.
- Able to manage multitask work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
Required: Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Review and comprehend specification and transpose the information and design requirements into a Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Layout Drawings (GA) for construction and proposal.
• Work with the Project Managers and the Department Manager to portray required information on drawings – approve equipment approval drawings through construction stages of the project – with submittals to vendors, suppliers, and engineering firms.
• Assist in the scope of work kick off meeting on awarded project to ensure understanding of the scope of work by all parties, research and suggest layouts to maximize all aspects of the specifications and efficiency for the facility.
• Review and approve all manufacturers drawings and structural engineered drawings to confirm they fit within the constraints of the project.
• Review and reline all work prior to having the Engineering Manager review.
• Maintain the library of drafting / drawing standards
• Organize all electronic drawings during the project in accordance with project standards and procedures.
• Follow all proper drafting standards and procedures regarding line weight, spelling, sheet layout and arrangement, scale detail, etc.
• Additional duties as assigned
1. Two years college education in drafting and design?
2. 2+ years of drafting / design experience?
3. Experience with AutoCAD and REVIT and able to develop Process Flow Diagrams and Layout/General Arrangement and fabrication drawings?
4. Experience in the following is desired: Renewable, Agricultural, and / or Industrial?
Modine Manufacturing Company
Hours per Week:
Starting Salary Range:
High School or Equivalent
0 to 2 years
Required Security Clearance:
Graphics and Design, Production
Incumbent will draft coils for OEM, Juarez and Aluminum plants. Design and detail mechanical drawings from sketches with limited information. Provide layout drawings as required in the resolution of design questions
Key ResponsibilitiesPrepare and check assembly and parts drawings per sketches, customer drawings and descriptions.
Revise and check assembly and part drawings per customer or factory revisions requests.
Prepare and check bills of material for newly created or revised drawings.
Assist sales, marketing and manufacturing with problems concerning coil design.
Cross check drawings and bill of materials.
Must be able to use Microsoft word windows and excel.
Must be flexible, problem solving oriented, acceptable to change and display initiative to learn and make improvements as necessary
Must be able to communicate effectively.Overtime must be approved and depending on fluctuation of load will be required to complete job functions in a timely manner.Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Two years applicable education or minimum of 2 years experience in HVAC systems and components . CAD drafting experience prefered. Solid Works experience or education a plus.
Basic knowledge of PC including excel. Must be able to read, write and comprehend fractions and decimals, interpret drawings and check accuracy. The incumbent would provide layout drawings as required in the resolution of design issues. The incumbent must be motivated, mechanically inclined and aquire ability for fast track work ethics.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, including paid vacation, sick leave, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, flexible summer hours and more!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!