Chief Engineer Job Description Sample
Highly experienced creative aerospace project manager and chief engineer with extensive knowledge of aircraft design methods, multidisciplinary integration and optimization. Proven ability to manage highly complex development efforts to aggressive cost and schedule targets while delivering integrated, optimized vehicle designs that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Formulate conceptual design of aerospace products and systems to meet customer requirements
- Direct and coordinate engineering work on assigned projects; manage technical progress and schedule and cost status. Assure that delivered products meet PiAC and contractual requirements for engineering design.
- Monitor technical progress and interface with Program Managers to understand and develop resolution to program technical issues.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and other Integrated Product Teams.
- Review detail modeling, layouts and detail drawings using Solidworks
- Evaluate mathematical models or computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify designs.
- Direct and coordinate activities of engineering and technical personnel designing, fabricating, modifying, or testing products.
- Plan and conduct experimental, environmental, and operational tests.
- Review technical reports and other documentation for use by engineering staff, management, and customers.
- Present designs and test results at reviews and other technical meetings.
- Plan and coordinate activities concerned with investigating and resolving customers' reports of technical problems.
- Technical Lead on proposals to government customers or prime contractors for technology programs.
- Provide technical consultation to Program Management and Business Development organizations on business development activities such as writing white papers or preparing and presenting technical briefings to customers.
- Bachelor or above degree in an Engineering Technical discipline, Aerospace Engineering preferred
- 10 or more years’ experience in aerospace design, test and certification
- Military and FAA Rotorcraft Airworthiness Certification Experience Preferred.
- SolidWorks experience
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Aerodynamic Design & Analysis
- GD&T knowledge
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- US Person
Assistant Chief Engineer
Opportunity: Assistant Chief Engineer
Perform general maintenance functionsto ensure guest service and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained throughout the hotel structure.
Potential Career Path
Chief Engineer- Area Chief Engineer- Regional Director of Engineering
Essential Job Functions
* Assist Chief Engineer in interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, coaching and supporting associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
* Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs
* Manage and coordinate bids, quotes and contracts for 3rd party vendors.
* Oversee small projects, or PIPS, and manage and report on the work progress.
* Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
* Paint designated areas and items.
* Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
* Install, replace and program televisions.
* Perform minor plumbing functions.
* Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventativemaintenance on units.
* Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and complete work orders as necessary; keep accurate records of PM's on all rooms and equipment.
* Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" of entire hotel grounds
* Refurbish, paint and finish furniture and fixtures as needed.
* Test, examine, and maintain hotel's life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
* Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and coordinate compliance of service contracts.
* Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
* Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasingdepartmental and overall guest satisfaction.
* Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM's EarthView program.
* Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and followMSDS and OSHA standards.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* High School diploma and/or trade school course work in related field preferred.
* Previous engineer/maintenance experience required or equivalent training.
* Local or state certifications may be required.
Work Environment and Context
* Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or alternate shifts.
* Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha's legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha's rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
Bluefin Robotics Autonomous Undersea Systems (Aus) Chief Engineer
The Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) Chief Engineer position requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Ocean Engineering, Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering or the equivalent, and a minimum of twelve years of directly related experience. Applicants with a master's degree and a minimum of ten years of directly related experience are also eligible.
A Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Bluefin Robotics Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) Chief Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) Chief Engineer will be responsible for managing the execution of multiple engineering teams (which may include subcontractors) to achieve the overall goals of the customers in AUS market areas, while maintaining schedule and cost goals.
The Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) Chief Engineer will interface with Program Management, Business Development, and the customer as well as provide technical guidance with the Deputy Program Manager Engineers (DPMEs) for individual programs and tasks. The role will require technical leadership in the effort to analyze, design, develop and test GDMS systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Additional responsibilities include formulating operational concepts; performing mission, functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis; collaborating with systems architects in selecting systems architectures, recommending and planning internal investments (IRAD and NBD activities), and developing long term technology roadmaps in cooperation with customers.
The successful Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) Chief Engineer candidate must have:
* Demonstrated passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding and system level experience with various engineering systems and the ability to further advance General Dynamics Mission Systems technology
* Demonstrated history of leading large, distributed, and multi-disciplinary engineering teams
* Experience as a technical lead on proposals containing significant engineering development and manufacturing content
* Experience in full engineering life-cycle to include: concept development, customer engagement and shaping, solution and proposal creation, design, integration, test, verification, validation, logistics, training, sustainment and obsolescence handling
* Experience designing, specifying requirements, inspecting, verifying, and testing autonomous undersea systems
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable briefing senior leaders both within the company and the customer's organization
* Experience and technical background/knowledge that would support the design and development of autonomous undersea vehicles and control systems and payloads for MCM, ISR, and ASW missions.
* Experience and technical knowledge in the following areas:
* UUV systems, power systems for UUVs, RF/Satellite communications, network design and architecture
* Deployment equipment and techniques used for launch and recovery of UUVs from a variety of maritime platforms.
* Develop systems architectures and deployment concepts for autonomous undersea systems
* Lead technical activities on acquisition proposal teams and program execution
* Perform cost estimations
* Serve as the technical lead for technology engineering development teams
* Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
* Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedure
* Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
The Chief Engineer is responsible to operate at the highest level of efficiency and cost producing company standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for working with and assisting the General Manager with the following:
- The maintenance of entire plant machinery in the most efficient way including cost and cosmetics.
- Minimize machinery breakdowns and down time
- The maintenance of the building including walls , floors, bathroom, ceiling exhaust fans, air conditioner, roof, etc…
- Alert plant manager of potential breakdowns and make arrangements to repair them with minimal interference with production
- Maintain top efficiency with maintenance and porter departments, achieving budgeted percentage of payroll.
- Assist plant manager to achieve top quality with all machines running smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist plant manager achieve budgeted P.O.H. by providing the highest level of production possible.
- The implementation of the preventive maintenance program in the most effective way without interference with production schedule.
- Maintain the acceptable level of energy and fuel consumption in the entire plant.
- Oversee the purchases of machinery parts at the lowest cost.
- Follow through with union employees problems reporting in writing to the union, using warning notice if necessary but at the same time maintaining good morale throughout the plant. Keeping utmost positive attitude.
- Other projects and assignments as instructed by the General Manager or the VP of Operations.
The Chief Engineer requires limited travel. Employees are responsible for creating and submitting expense reports each week for expenditures incurred during travel.
- High School diploma or equilavent, college degree preferred
- Prior experience in laundry operations and management
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Work, PowerPoint
Project Chief Engineer (Pce) - Level 4/5
Vehicle DZYNE Studios
Irvine, CA 92618
Chief Engineer (PCE) – Level 4/5
Irvine, CASecurity Cl
earance Required: Security Clearance Required
The PCE leads the technical staff in all systems engineering activities from the Acquisition System’s Pre-Milestone A efforts through the Milestone C’s FCA/PCA. The PCE is a direct report to the Division Director of Engineering.
o Best value product conceptual/predesign creation to meet the SUP/STS needs. This will require the identification of Associate Contractors, and any external interfaces.
o Customer interface to develop a Performance Based Specification for the product system that is viable and which with mapping of section 3 and 4 could be authenticated.
o Conduct functional decomposition of the system to establish subsystem functionality and internal interfaces (hardware and software), external interfaces must be included as well.
o Establish reliability development and qualification strategy/definition to include delta and re-qual
o Subsystem ownership determination, based upon maturity, characterization level, performance, and cost. Including subsystem trades will suppliers to assure design is clearly manageable from cost, schedule, and technical performance levels. Also included are necessary subsystem characterization and margin assessments.
o Establish design characterization and margin strategies, to assure fight test and qualification first pass success
o Establish the System Simulation and Analysis development and validation plan
o With System Simulation plan, establish the Software development and verification environment plan.
o Direct the development of a complete program plan that integrates all disciplines, including operation, and logistics. Iterations to include the trades necessary to maintain overall, and supplier targeted costs. Also includes the entry and exit criteria for the major program reviews to include; SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, FCA/PCA, and PRR (production readiness reviews) Includes early Safety Board plan reviews to minimize downstream surprises.
o Use the above to direct the generation of a Prime SOW and SOW with defined deliverables for each supplier. These to be integrated into contracting packages with required flow downs to sub-tier vendors.
o Act as technical interface to customer during proposal efforts, and lead any oral presentation
o In special case of Prototype creation, the project engineer will lead a team to condense the requirements to create best value in moving design maturity toward Milestone B, and marketing value, for the available funding. He will then lead the team to create the product and demonstrate the prototype while acting as the customer technical point of contact.
o Manage SRR/SDR to include functional decomposition, draft ICDs, and bi-directional mapping to subsystem level
o Manage the development activities necessary to reach PDR milestone entry criteria.
o Complete the Product Baseline Record, and successfully conduct the Production Readiness Review.
Experience with system and subsystem qualification planning and conduct, as well as the definition of qualification, delta qual, and requal.
Desired Skills/experience and knowledge:
Understanding of Contractor products necessary for entry and exit from major acquisition milestones
Experience or understanding of engineering approaches to reliability through development, and its maintenance in production
Experience and understanding of configuration management approaches and techniques in development and production.
Excellent oral presentation skills
Inclusive leadership style
Willingness to mentor
Bachelors Degree in Engineering required, Aerospace Engineering preferred
Successful application of fundamentals above to successful product development is potentially substitute for the above, or may replace portions of the desired foundational knowledge.
Hotel Chief Engineer
Opened in 1910, The Hermitage Hotel has been woven into the history and memories of Nashville and her residents for over 100 years. With a deep respect for Nashville and Tennessee, The Hermitage Hotel is committed to preserving the region's heritage and practicing the traditions that make hospitality synonymous with The South.
The Hermitage Hotel is searching for a professional and detail-driven Chief Engineer.
Please Note: You must be available to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays in order to provide uninterrupted and seamless guest service. This is a hands-on position.
As Chief Engineer, you will provide hands-on, technical, organizational and administrative task management and performance in all operational aspects of the Engineering department. Prior experience as a hotel Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer is required – preferably at the luxury hotel level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*Direct management of the Building Maintenance Engineering team
*Procurement of supplies and inventory
*Review of work orders and subsequent assignment of such by priority
*Fulfilling guest requests in a professional manner
*Coordinating daily shift activities and ensuring their timely completion
Additional responsibilities will include having a thorough understanding of the fire alarm system, emergency procedures and equipment and building systems. Will also be responsible for the oversight of hotel-wide safety & security programs.
Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC knowledge and experience are required; certifications are strongly preferred. Excellent communication skills are required – both verbal and written – and must be proficient in standard office computer applications.
Competitive compensation package including attractive salary, bonus potential, 401K with match, profit share, medical/dental/ vision/flex spending and more.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree Preferred.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Criminal Background Check will be performed.
Commercial Chief Engineer
We are looking for a Chief Engineer for a great management Company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Universal Training
- Managed a large portfolio of class A buildings
- Extremely Technical Skills
- Responsible for supervision and training of maintenance staff of 7 or more
- Responsible for structural Inspections
- Knowledge with construction
- Through Work Orders, coordinate and supervise activities to maintain and repair physical structures of buildings and grounds
- Responsible to identify preventative maintenance projects and perform various preventative maintenance functions
- Through Work Orders, responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Common Area and Association issues
- Monitor the materials processed to perform the job in accordance with the annual operating budget
- Must have Commercial Real Estate Experience
- Must have HVAC, and EPA Certifications
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years experience in CRE Industry
- Must have strong HVAC and plumbing, electrical skills. Experience with cooling towers is a must
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have experience in managing a team of employees
- Must be able to respond to on call emergencies
We provide staffing solutions for customers of all sizes and with a variety of needs in the Commercial Real Estate industry.
The staffing experts for over 30 years!
The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Duties also include ensuring the timely and accurate resolution of any hotel property maintenance concerns, in conjunction with the Company’s policies and procedures. Duties generally include troubleshooting, incorporating compliant safety practices and measures into workplace operations, and managing maintenance technicians.Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and maintain operations and documentation of the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates.
Essential Duties and
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel and restaurant, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment. Monitor department for compliance to safety standards
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, National, State and Local Building regulations and codes, equipment operation and preventive maintenance procedures, record keeping requirement associated with above
- Manages all engineering and maintenance activities to ensure highest quality workmanship and production
- Establishes schedules for, and oversees performance of all preventive maintenance activities
- Overlooks the landscaping of the hotel/ coordinates with vendors
- Troubleshoot problems that arise in and around the hotel and record completed and ongoing tasks
- Initiate work lists, prioritize tasks, and work assignments so as to insure timely and efficient completion of all operations
- Oversees/assists in the establishment and implementation of Life Safety and other emergency related procedures/training for all personnel
- Ensures maintenance of records of all maintenance/repairs performed as required by corporate policy and/or legal mandate
- Coordinates inspection and certification of all Life Safety systems and equipment as required by local ordinance
- Verifies that all work is performed in a safe, efficient manner and that the quality of same meets standard
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree or related technical school degree preferred
- 5+ years in maintenance at major hotel, hospital, or building
- 2+ years in a supervisory capacity
- Extensive knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HV AC, refrigeration, and life safety operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and other technical problems
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to interact and assist guests, colleagues and other departments
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Maintenance: 1 year
- Chief Engineer: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Hotel Maintenance: 2 years
- Plumbing: 2 years
- Maintenance: 5 years
- Electrical: 2 years
- Maintenance Management: 2 years
HVAC: 2 years
Holiday Inn St. Paul Downtown is seeking a hard-working, detail oriented Chief Engineer to join our team!
As our Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful daily operation of the Engineering department to ensure the overall condition of the hotel is maintained at a high level to ensure guest satisfaction. This individual will be responsibility for maintaining physical building structures, all mechanical electrical, H.V.A.C systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance program. Additional responsibility includes management and decision- making authority in daily operations.
· Assigns and verifies the completion of all routine maintenance
· Prepares annual operating budget for the Engineering Department.
· Monitors the department expenses on a regular basis.
· Conducts asset tours and assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C systems and any other related equipment.
· Assists in the interviewing of potential engineering candidates.
· Trains, schedules and reviews hours for the engineering department.
· Performs all administrative duties for the engineering department.
· Maintains an organized system within the shop for inventory, maintenance and storage of tools, products, materials and equipment.
· Adheres to all corporate purchasing policies and controls to include outside bids, capital expenses and budgets.
· Ability to plan and organize projects in a cost-effective manner.
· Above average mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees and guests.
· Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills, including problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Ability to work without direct supervision and effectively manage tasks and time.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Five-year hotel maintenance/engineering experience with two years management experience. Must be proficient in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, locksmith, refrigeration, chillers and carpentry.
Holiday Inn St. Paul Downtown is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance programs geared to you and your family’s needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. A Management Bonus Program and 401K is also available to you.
Thank you for your interest in Holiday Inn St. Paul Downtown and Golder Hospitality
Holiday Inn St. Paul Downtown
175 7th Street West
St. Paul, MN 55102
Owned and Operated by Golder Hospitality "To Exceed the Expectations of those we Serve"
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Chief Engineer (CHENG) for a Task Order providing Navy technical, engineering, combat systems expertise, and logistical support. The CHENG will assist the Program Manager in leading task organized teams conducting concurrent, comprehensive visits on multiple providing Readiness Assistance expertise to address engineering interfaces and integrated systems support for deck related systems. The Readiness Assistance Teams (RATs) are comprised of four Engineering Readiness Assistance Team (ERAT) (two gas turbine, one steam, and one diesel) and two Combat System Readiness Assistance Team (CSRAT) (one AEGIS and one non AEGIS). Each RAT team member will conduct approximately 45-49 weeks of visits per one year performance period with up to 10% of those visits occurring in OCONUS locations. On average, 190 CONUS RAT visits are conducted per year. Candidates must hold an ACTIVE SECRET clearance.
- Interact at the Flag and Assistant Chief of Staff (ACOS) level.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to the TYCOM staff based on extensive experience in shipboard maintenance and leadership.
- Provide assistance in the development, review, updating, and maintenance of technical documentation, researching and analyzing problems relating to the program policies and processes, and providing assistance in developing recommended solutions to problems.
- Provide inputs for and participate in progress meeting and program reviews for all areas of performance.
- Provide lessons learned and best practices that can be incorporated into curriculum, training, and other guidance.
- Work with the ship’s crew and observe, inspect and provide recommended remediation’s to the Ship's Commanding Officer (CO) for improved material condition.
- Review ships Current Ship Maintenance Project (CSMP) prior to arriving on board and provide a report of recommended material corrections to ships Maintenance Material Management Coordinator (3MC) and Commanding Officer.
- Provide a report for correction of ships imminent material failure items and a report of each visited ships overall material discrepancies report.
- Strong background and commensurate experience to mirror that of a CHENG on steam (LHD), Diesel (LSD/LPD), and Gas Turbine (CG/DDG) propulsion systems
- More than 20 years of hands-on experience to include multiple sea tours as a Main Propulsion Assistant, Engineering Department Division Officer, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university.
- Active SECRET security clearance.
- 20+ years' relevant experience.
- Master's degree from an accredited university (NPS graduate highly desired).
- Have strong background in past and current maintenance management initiatives, ship maintenance aspects of the Surface Warfare Enterprise/Surface Team One, and fundamentals such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis, Continuous Maintenance (CM) Program, Fleet Modernization Program (FMP), Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) requirements.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!