Chief Load Dispatcher Job Description Sample
Load Planner/ Dispatcher / Driver Manager
Ability to lead others, knowledge of the transportation industry preferred, ability to communicate well with others, ability to transfer knowledge, detail oriented, above average writing skills and organizational skills, professional appearance and ability to take direction from leadership.
Dispatchers are expected to maintain effective communication with customers, drivers, and management to ensure the timeliness of freight and equipment movement. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: dispatching and routing drivers on loads, tracking drivers en route (and making necessary reassignments) to ensure On Time Delivery, managing loads from booking to delivery, managing any problems that arise (e.g. late deliveries, unexpected fees/claims, truck/driver problems, etc.), ensuring drivers abide by federal/state laws, answering phone lines, recommending strategies to maximize utilization of resources and increase productivity. Additional duties may include: review driver paperwork (including all bills of lading and trip documents for accuracy), enter shipment data, and communicate with the maintenance shop to ensure timely repairs. Geographical knowledge and Electronic E-log knowledge required.
Load Coordinator / Private Fleet Dispatcher
The Load Coordinator/Dispatcher is an entry level position, with 1-2 years of experience that coordinates with our truck drivers for dispatch of arranged freight. The Load Coordinator/Dispatcher position is directly responsible, under supervision, to provide communication and support services to drivers and clients.
- Supervise drivers in directions and immediate situations.
- Inputs and retrieves computer data quickly.
- Contacts shippers/customers to arrange for transportation of freight.
- Coordinates with drivers for dispatch of arranged freight.
- Answers questions and provides information to the drivers and clients over the telephone.
- Makes entries into automated computer system.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date files and logs.
- Assists drivers in ensuring clients are delivered in a timely manner.
- Assemble schedules for the following day of service
- Clearly document all cancellations and no shows.
- Manage relationships with customers and drivers to ensure satisfaction.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in according with company policy to achieve the overall objectives of position and expectations of supervisors.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action when necessary or suggests alternative courses of action to be taken.
- Effectively communicate any problems or issues with managers as situations arise
Skills and Abilities:
- Uses good judgment in making decisions in emergency and routine situations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills Working knowledge of best practices in the transportation industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve
- Customer-satisfaction oriented
- Detail oriented
- Capable to maintain confidential information
- Ability to effectively interpret contract rules and requirements
- Ability to effectively decipher maps
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 yr.
College Degree Preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Dispatching: 2 years
If you want to grow with a Brand and realize your potential to the fullest! We want YOU!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Dispatcher / Route - Load Planner
We are seeking a DISPATCHER / Route - Load Planner to join our team!
- Efficiently plan loads and schedule driver routes throughout the Baltimore/Washington and Northern Virginia areas.
- Effectively communicate with all drivers and our operations team.
- Utilize our operational platform to generate bills of lading, input data, generate reports etc.
- Oversee and closely communicate with warehouse personnel
- Problem-solve to handle customer service issues within a fast-paced environment
- Continuously promote a safe working environment following all FMCSA and DOT laws and regulations.
- Minimum of two years experience in truck transport / freight dispatching
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to operate a forklift
Commercial Front Load Truck Driver CDL
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
A Commercial Truck Driver is responsible for safely operating a front-, side-, or rear-loading truck, and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated route. In addition, a truck driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company's safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports ("VCRs") on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks.
Class A Commercial Driver's License.
Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely manner.
Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Actively participate in the Company's ReSOP program.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's license with air brakes endorsement
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
Short- and long-term disability.
Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
Employee discount programs.
401(k) plan with a generous company match.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Front Load And Rear Load Drivers (Class A CDL Or Class B Cdl)
Front Load and Rear Load Drivers
Attractive Salary | Full Benefits | Many Perks
For more than 50 years, Bates Trucking and Trash Removal, Inc. has had a mission to protect the environment of our neighborhoods and businesses by providing efficient and safe trash and garbage disposal, as well as a full complement of environmentally friendly recycling services. As a leader in waste management, we promote diversity in waste and recycling services to support the environmental movement to save our planet.
- Salary commensurate based on experience
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage
- Dental plans with dental maintenance alternatives
- Vision coverage
- Health care and dependent care
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) plan
- SWS Scholarship Program for Employees and Dependents
- Paid Vacation
- Holidays and Personal Days
- Great Team Environment
- Great Career Opportunities with a Growing Company!
- Ability to safely operate a front load and rear load garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45-hour work week.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
Bates Trucking Services is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: cdl b, cdl b driver, cdl b owner, cdl b owner operator, cdl c driving, cdl c operator, cdl c owner, cdl c owner operator, driver class c, driving class c
Rear Load Commercial Driver - Class B CDL
- Perform / Complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure functionality is in proper working order.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Eligible Candidates Must Have :
- Must have 2 Years prior experience operating a Front Load Trash/Recycling Truck
- Knowledge of Philadelphia and Delaware County
- A CLEAN Driving Record.
- DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS!
Physical / Environmental Requirements / Settings:
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs. and pushing or pulling up to __ pounds on wheels throughout the work shift.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
Load Make-Up Supervisor
Operations | Load Make-Up Supervisor
$40,000 - $45,000
FOR OUR EMPLOYEES; Competitive Pay, STD/LTD, COMPANY PAID Heath/Medical/Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Life/AD&D, Disability.
Effectively and efficiently plan loads, back hauls and head hauls in compliance with all guidelines and regulations
• Ensure load plans and loads comply with standards for Load Factor and Load Efficiency
• Plan loads, back hauls, and head hauls in accordance with company guidelines and DOT/MOT regulations; report deviations with load or VIN to regional management
• Ensure loads are planned at least one day prior to scheduled transport date
• Identify opportunities for process improvements or enhancements; make change recommendation
• Prepare and route network planning reports in a timely manner
• Identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and cost savings
• Ensure compliance with OSHA/CCOHS/OSHA Intl., as applicable
• Foster a work environment consistent with the values, vision, mission, policies and procedures of the company
• Lead and manage fairly and equitably, in accordance with Jack Cooper’s policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements and applicable laws
Physical Abilities and Work Environment
• Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
• Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color
• Manual dexterity
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 5 + years’ experience in the auto transport industry; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Excellent customer service, and communication skills
• Solid understanding of Load Factor and Load Efficiency requirements
Structural Load Rating Bridge Engineer
We are seeking a Load RatingEngineer to work on structural analysis / load ratings and structural repair details in our Boston, MA office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze highway bridges with approved software and hand calculations to determine load ratings for design, legal, and permit vehicles using all available plans, inspection reports, and prior ratings.
- Work with steel, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, masonry, and timber structures.
- Prepare notes, calculations, reports, and other deliverables based on client requirements.
- Perform quality control reviews on work done by other engineers.
- Provide technical advice regarding the structural behavior of bridges to direct inspectors to critical locations or evaluate the severity of member section losses.
- Analyze ancillary structures such as structural supports for highway signs, luminaires, and traffic signals.
- Provide recommendations to either improve or maintain the condition of a structure.
- Develop repair details for structures with advanced section loss or other damage.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- E.I.T. required, P.E. License preferred
- 5-12 years of experience in structural analysis, design and bridge load rating.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience on state specific DOT or Transportation Agency projects.
- Knowledge of appropriate codes including AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Manual, Manual for Bridge Evaluation (MBE), and state specific Design Standards.
- MassDOT experience preferred. RIDOT and/or ConnDOT a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in structural analysis, design and load rating of highway and/or railroad bridges, culverts and sign supports.
- Must be proficient in structural analysis/design software such as AASHTOWare BrR, MIDAS-Civil, MathCAD, CSiBridge, ConSPAN, AutoCad.
- The ability to work well with others, and the passion to learn and work in a team oriented environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
White River Transportation, Inc., A Chicago based regional reefer carrier is looking for an immediate experienced dispatcher for our Burr Ridge, IL location to help manage our customers’ private reefer equipment to and from the rails. Candidate must be open to working any shift.
Load Coordinators track and manage drivers. They assign drivers routes, destinations, and timelines, as well as keep in touch with drivers who are on the road. Load Coordinators interact with clients and drivers to keep up-to-date information on routes and schedules. Because a Load Coordinator interacts with the client to address any concerns or route changes, some customer service experience is helpful. Load Coordinators work out of the company office managing digital/physical route and driver files and answer calls from the fleet and customers.
Load Coordinators also are often the first level of fleet manager. They monitor driver's schedules, keep track of substitute drivers, and assign them to routes when they are needed. They ensure that client and legal obligations are met. Load Coordinators also are often in charge of ordering regular maintenance on vehicles by coordinating with a third-party source.
A Load Coordinator's work schedule often depends on the company's delivery schedule, as there is a need for a Load Coordinator on call whenever a driver is on the road.
A minimum of a high school diploma is desired for the Load Coordinator role. Having customer service, managerial, and phone-routing experience is more important for this role than higher education.
Load Coordinator Tasks
- Dispatch drivers for shipment pick-ups and deliveries.
- Update shipment tracking system and maintain timely data integrity.
- Prioritize time sensitive cargo.
- Notify drivers of pick-up and delivery assignments.
*A good candidate must have at least 1 year experience of trucking dispatch and good knowledge of the back office of a trucking operation. Intermodal dispatch experience is a plus
*Proficient with Microsoft Office and the internet is a must.
*Only persons with dispatching experience will be considered for this position.
$47,500 USD Annually
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
Load Planning Manager
Longistics is a family owned transportation company that has been in business for 33 years. We are growing and looking for the best operations associates to join our world class team. Our employees are the center of our business, and we treat them right!!
Reporting to the Vice President of Transportation Operations, the Load Planning Manager oversees the daily operation of medium size motor transportation fleet in consistently attaining the highest level of safety, security and customer service. The Load Planner will preplan trucks based on availability, empty miles, drivers’ PTO, DOT hours of service, and transit times. Load Planning Manager will coordinate relays between drivers when necessary to ensure freight delivers on time; and performs other related duties as assigned.
· Works with Customers and Operations personnel to determine how much freight to tender based on truck availability; preplans trucks in their assigned regions based on availability, empty miles, drivers’ PTO needs, hours of service, and transit times. Plans freight loads based on the priority of the customer needs and using the least amount of empty miles whenever possible.
· Coordinates local deliveries using local or OTR drivers to ensure on time delivery. Arranges with Operations Personnel and drivers the appropriate loads for each truck based on established criteria. Also responsible for positioning trailers strategically by customer needs and region in order to maximize use. May also acquire brokered loads to fill empty miles when necessary.
· Forecasts activities and monitors service performance goals accordingly.
· Works with customers and brokers on delivery status. Responsible for reassigning loads to other drivers when necessary when freight delays occur.
· Communicates with customers any information that is requested or any questions they may have as needed.
· Examines and analyzes rates, tariffs, operating costs, and revenues to determine such needs or requirements as increase in rates and tariffs, and reduction of operations and maintenance costs, and expansion of or changes in schedules or routes.
· Coordinates with the Operations team to ensure that customer needs and expectations are achieved, and that safety, security and customer service remain obsessions.
· Reviews operational records and reports and refers to manuals, company instructions and government regulations to detect deviations from operational practices and prepares directives to eliminate such infractions.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Four years progressive experience in transportation company with a minimum of two years prior load planning experience. In depth knowledge of DOT hours of service requirements. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of TMW dispatch systems is highly referred.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-9 month time span
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Customer Service systems development and deployment
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Commitment to integrity and other company values
- Computer proficiency
- Negotiation skills
We built our reputation on three obsessions - Security, Safety and Service. Behind our growth stands a long record of technological innovation. Today we provide a full array of technologies to serve our customers more effectively, including satellite tracking, EDI, RFID, and a web-based inventory tracking system that provides the ultimate supply chain visibility, with instantaneous access to real-time data.
Join a winning team and apply on line through ZipRecruiter. No phone calls please.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!