Chief Operator Job Description Sample
Chief Wastewater Plant Operator
The City of Johnson City, Tennessee is accepting online applications for a Chief Wastewater Plant Operator. The employee performs difficult technical work planning and supervising the operation of a wastewater treatment plants; does related work as required.
This is responsible technical and supervisory work in directing the operations and activities of the municipal wastewater treatment plants and laboratories. The work involves responsibility for directing and participating in the activities of the municipal pumping stations and treatment plant on an around-the-clock basis. The employee in this class exercises considerable independent judgment in scheduling and directing plant activities.
Supervision is exercised through subordinate personnel over a staff of Wastewater Plant Operators, Plant Maintenance Mechanics and other personnel. The work is performed under the general supervision of an administrative and technical superior who reviews work through conferences, evaluation of reports and results obtained.
Requirements for Education and Experience: graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in environmental health or a related area supplemented by the completion of approved course work in sewage treatment and considerable experience in the operation and maintenance of sewage treatment equipment, including experience at the level of Wastewater Plant Operator II; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Pre-employment physical and drug screening required.
Chief Operating Officer
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate/mentor/supervise direct reports: Engr VP, Mfg. VPs, Controller & HR
- Coordinate organizational improvement and overall staffing and recommend changes to the board
- Establish and maintain appropriate operational metrics
- Facilitate monthly management team meetings with follow-up action items
- Facilitate the development and continued improvement of common processes within the company
- Provide regular communication updates to the entire company
- Consolidate management team recommendations to the board to allow for timely and efficient decisions by the board
- Provide oversight of the health care strategic planning and annual renewal of health care benefits [recommendations to the board for annual approval of changes]
- Manage lease agreement
- Oversee various business insurances
- Manage customer relationships including contract development, negotiations, and social interactions
- Manage vendor relations including pricing contracts, negotiations, and social interactions
- Oversee the IT tech, support issues, annual budget
- Oversight of the procurement process
- Mentoring and development of buyers
- 5+ years’ experience in an operational leadership role
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be local to St. Paul or someone from the area.
- MBA or B.S. in business management
- B.S. in engineering related field or exposure to engineering systems
Chief Operating Officer, Unity Health Care
Unity Health Care, Inc.
Unity Health Care, Inc. seeks a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to support the organization in promoting healthier communities through compassion and comprehensive health and human services, driving change within the health care system, and advocating for historically underserved communities. The COO will be an integral member of Unity’s senior management team and will oversee and direct all internal and health care center operations and administration. The COO will also be an essential contributor to the agency’s growth planning process and will help shape the future of a fast-growing, financially healthy, well-respected health center organization. In addition, the COO must lead by example to motivate staff and deliver measurable, accountable, cost-effective results that further the mission of the organization.
Reporting to the CEO and serving as a key member of the leadership team, the COO will focus on building, implementing, and overseeing the organizational strategy to ensure that the $100M institution is best equipped to serve the diverse medical needs of 100,000 patients during a time of sweeping change in the health care industry. The COO will have responsibility for leading and managing all operational and administrative aspects of the organization, including HR, IT, Facilities, Grants Management/Planning, Legal, and other operations. Finally, the COO will work to support a high-quality health care delivery system with a particular focus on value-based care by improving the patient experience of care, improving the health of populations, reducing the per capita cost of health care, and improving the work life of Unity’s staff.
The ideal candidate is a highly experienced health care leader with the ability to develop and empower high-performing teams. They will be deeply passionate about health outcomes and community change and will bring a broad skillset and experience to support Unity’s continued growth and functioning. Further, the successful candidate will possess excellent operational and financial acumen and will bring a track record of success in developing and implementing innovative health care solutions.
- With the CEO, spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators tied to organizational outcomes, supporting a success-oriented environment
- Identify new strategic partners, ventures, and potential areas for revenue growth, providing solutions that improve Unity’s ability to provide high-quality patient care
- Direct the development and implementation of long-term capital strategies and budgets, with a focus on driving the growth and overall success of the organization
- Lead and manage the operational infrastructure of Unity, ensuring close alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and further developing a high-functioning operations department
- Lead Unity’s HR, IT, Grants Management/Planning, and Facilities functions, managing the development and implementation of strategic plans and supporting infrastructure
- Oversee all health center operations, ensuring that Unity’s infrastructure is able to support high-quality health care delivery and value-based care
- With the Chief Financial Officer, oversee the financial projections, budgets, and analyses of existing programs and policies, identifying opportunities for innovation in the changing healthcare market
- Collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer to ensure that the clinical and non-clinical administrative processes are integrated and operating at optimal efficiency to enable patient care
- Ensure Unity’s compliance with all national, state, and city regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements
- Ensure the necessary technology, security protocols, and office infrastructure are in place to support a large, complex organization
- Lead, motivate, and provide coaching for Unity’s senior leadership team, fostering collaboration, accountability, and innovation
- Support a culture that promotes Unity’s servant leadership philosophy, placing the needs of others first and supporting people to perform at their highest potential
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the organization to support the achievement of Unity’s overall mission while promoting a culture of mutual support
- Grow staff capacity in critical skill and competency areas, recruiting the very best talent for the organization and operating from a succession planning mindset
- Carry out initiatives on best practices in organizational management, performance management, leadership development, and workforce planning
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- 8+ years of experience in senior-level health service administration required
- Experience working with Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) strongly preferred
- Experience working in health center operations in multiple sites strongly preferred
- Deep commitment to the mission of Unity
- Superb interpersonal skills with experience motivating, coaching, and developing high-performing teams
- A track record of creating and implementing innovative solutions that transform an organization
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on high-level organizational goals
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate closely with service providers, partner organizations, DC government agencies, and others
- Exceptional communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation formats
- Fundraising experience is a plus
As the largest network of community health centers in Washington, D.C., Unity Health Care provides a full-range of health and human services to meet the needs of our communities through a network of over 20 traditional and non-traditional health sites. Our team of compassionate and multicultural health professionals place Unity values into action every day to bring whole-person care and wellness to over 104,000 patients through 500,000 visits annually. Deeply rooted in the District’s neighborhoods for over 30 years, Unity strives to promote healthier communities through compassion and comprehensive primary and specialty health care and wrap-around services, regardless of ability to pay.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse workforce. Unity does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. Unity also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, designed to help employees meet various needs throughout their careers and lives.
Chief Information Security Officer (Ciso)
Information technology plays a vital and ever-expanding role in Sigue’s mission. Sigue’s information technology environment is distributed and diverse, with strong leadership and coordination from Chief Information Officer (CIO) and direct report units. We are seeking a strong, knowledgeable leader to provide vision, strategy, broad-based planning, and hands-on responsibility as the company’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
The CISO reports to the CIO, is a member of the CIO leadership team and serves a key role in company leadership, working closely with senior administration and business leaders. The CISO is an advocate for Sigue’s total information security needs and is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive information security strategy to optimize the security posture of the company. The CISO leads the development and implementation of a security program that leverages collaborations and company-wide resources, facilitates information security governance, advises senior leadership on security direction and resource investments, and designs appropriate policies to manage information security risk. The complexity of this position requires a leadership approach that is engaging, imaginative, and collaborative, with a sophisticated ability to work with other leaders to set the best balance between security strategies and other priorities at the company level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Company and Program Leadership
- Responsible for the strategic leadership of the company's information security program.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the CIO and key members of the company leadership team, working closely with senior administration, and business leaders in defining objectives for information security, while building relationships and goodwill.
- Work with company leadership to oversee the formation and operations of a company-wide information security organization that is organized toward a common goal in information security.
- Promote collaborative, empowered working environments across company, removing barriers and realizing possibilities.
- Manage company-wide information security governance processes, and work with department heads to establish an information security program and project priorities.
- Lead information security planning processes to establish an inclusive and comprehensive information security program for the entire company.
- Establish annual and long-range security and compliance goals, define security strategies, metrics, reporting mechanisms and program services; and create maturity models and a roadmap for continual program improvements.
- Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting the money transfer business and communicate to senior management and the company on a regular basis about those topics. Engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
- Provide leadership philosophy for the Information Security Office to create a strong bridge between organizations, build respect for the contributions of all and bring groups together to share information and resources and create better decisions, policies and practices for the business.
- Mentor the Information Security Office team members and implement professional development plans for all members of the team.
- Represent the company on committees and boards associated with the company’s system and in national and regional consortiums and collaborations
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Lead the development and implementation of effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data and ensure information security and compliance with relevant legislation and legal interpretation.
- Lead efforts to internally assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the security controls for the company's information and technology systems.
- Work with Internal Audit, State Regulators, and outside consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits.
- Coordinate and track all information technology and security related audits including scope of audits, businesses/units involved, timelines, auditing agencies and outcomes. Work with auditors as appropriate to keep audit focus in scope, maintain excellent relationships with audit entities and provide a consistent perspective that continually puts the company in its best light. Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses.
- Work with company leadership and relevant responsible compliance department leadership to build cohesive security and compliance programs for the company to effectively address state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop a strategy for dealing with an increasing number of audits, compliance checks and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors.
- Work closely with IT leaders, technical experts, and business leaders across the company on a wide variety of security issues that require an in-depth understanding of the IT environment in their units, as well as the research landscape and state & federal regulations
- Create education and awareness programs and advise operating units at all levels on security issues, best practices, and vulnerabilities.
- Work with company groups such as Network Managers, System Managers, Database Mangers, Development Managers and other technical organizations and resources to build awareness and a sense of common purpose around security.
- Pursue agent and consumer security initiatives to address unique needs in protecting identity theft, mobile social media security and online reputation program.
- Keep abreast of security incidents and act as primary control point during significant information security incidents. Convene a Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) as needed, or requested, in addressing and investigating security incidences that arise.
- Convene Ad Hoc Security Committee as appropriate and provide leadership for breach response and notification actions for the company.
- Develop, implement and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in assessing and evaluating information security risks and monitor compliance with security standards and appropriate policies.
- Examine impacts of new technologies on the company’s overall information security. Establish processes to review implementation of new technologies to ensure security compliance.
- 7+ years as a security professional
- CISSP and/or CISM certification (or equivalent cert) desired
- Previous experience in financial services or another highly regulated industry desired
- Experience with anti-fraud strategies is a plus
- Excellent understanding of web and mobile application security strategies, testing methods, common vulnerabilities, and countermeasures required (e.g., XSS, CSRF, SQLi, etc.)
- Must have strong network technology skills; previous experience with Palo Alto firewalls a plus
- 4+ years working in a Microsoft environment
- Prior experience hardening Windows operating systems and Active Directory required
- Knowledge of Powershell scripting a plus
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Must be hands-on
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated self-starter, and ability to lead in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical aptitude, a desire to learn and adapt, and a very strong interest in security are musts
- Proven skills and prior work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Disk and/or database encryption
- Incident response tactics
- Leading forensics investigations
- Systems administration
- Software development (e.g., .Net, C#, .aspx)
- Rapid7 Nexpose
Chief Financial Officer
Hospital applied for CAH status and hoping to be approved 2019. Great location: close driving distance to Monterey and Paso Robles California, Central Coast! Must be comfortable living in a rural environment. 45 minutes from ocean.
CFO will direct, supervise and coordinate functions and activities assigned to areas of responsibility.?? Consults with and advises the Hospital Chief Executive Officer on problems related to the financial operation of the Hospital: recommends changes in policy, facility operations of the Hospital and programs to achieve the Hospital's objectives. Provides leadership, direction and administration of Hospital financial systems. Reports to CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS Education: ??????????????? Degree in Business Administration with accounting emphasis- required ??????????????? CPA highly desirable Work Experience: ??????????????? Work experience in an acute care hospital or other health care institution, public accounting firm or related environment as a controller or similar function level highly desirable. California experience preferred. Skills
??????????????? Demonstrated in depth knowledge and experience in managing general accounting, patient accounting, budgeting, reimbursement, management information systems, materials management, utilization review and medical records system. ??????????????? Familiarity with financial and patient care information systems, within a highly computerized organization. ??
Chief Financial Officer
Location: Bethel/Anchorage AK
Pay Range: $120,000 - $180,000/DOE
ASSOCIATION OF VILLAGE COUNCIL PRESIDENTS
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the organization’s overall financial plans and policies as well as its financial and accounting practices and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting Standards.
Primary Duties and
- Serves as a team member on the Executive Team of AVCP
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership and teamwork within the Finance department
- Participate with the administrative team, CEO and Executive Board to further the strategic direction of the organization
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives and deliverable documents that align with the organization’s growth plan
- Serves as the lead negotiator in any fiscal negotiations on behalf of the company
- Develop with the administrative team an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that further the strategic direction of the organization in a way that improves the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization
- Support implementation of policies and procedures that improve the operation of the organization
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization regarding short-term and long-term goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and present timely financial reports including Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities (including budget v actual), Statement of Functional Expenses, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Review and analyze financial results and provide recommendations
- Working with the administrative team develop and maintain periodic and annual operating budgets
- Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Remain current on accounting and governmental standards, audit best practices and local, state and federal laws related to the organization.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Serve as the key point of contact for external auditors and manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns
- Work with Human Resources and the Legal department to ensure appropriate legal compliance
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management.
- BA in Accounting or Finance or related field required
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred
- 10 or more years’ direct experience working with tribes, tribal organizations and with states’ and federal agencies required
- Previous non-profit experience required
- 5 or more years’ direct experience as a CFO or Controller required
- Knowledge of the Yup’ik culture
- Knowledge of the tribes, tribal organizations and villages of the region of the Y-K Delta
- Knowledge of business functions such as HR, Finance, Information Technology, Compliance
- Knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Knowledge of organizational management with the ability to coach staff
- Yup’ik speaking, preferred
- Word processing
- Financial management
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ethical Behavior: Understand ethical business and interpersonal behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Effective Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organization’s parameters.
- Ability to Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Leadership: Ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Decision-making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Managing Planning: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Problem Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strategic Thinking: Assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and in tune with the vision and values of the organization.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Chief Operating Officer, Democracy Fund
ABOUT DEMOCRACY FUND
Democracy Fund is a bipartisan foundation that invests in organizations working to ensure that our political system is able to withstand new challenges and deliver on its promise to the American people. We work on things that make democracy work better.
At the heart of our vision for the future are three core commitments: fostering more effective governance in the United States, modernizing our election and campaign finance systems, and strengthening our media and the public square to help people understand and participate in the democratic process. To date, we have committed more than $100 million in support of a healthy democracy.
Out of deep respect for the U.S. Constitution and our nation’s core democratic values, Democracy Fund was established by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar. Incubated inside Omidyar Network, the Democracy Fund launched as an independent foundation in 2014 and is based in Washington, D.C. Learn more about Democracy Fund and our sister 501c4 organization Democracy Fund Voice by visiting www.democracyfund.org and www.democracyfundvoice.org.
Democracy Fund’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a new leadership position created at a pivotal moment in the organization’s growth and maturity as a private foundation. The COO will ensure that the organization has the internal leadership, infrastructure, and culture in place to achieve its goals to renew American democracy. A key strategic partner to the President and Board, the COO will be responsible for all internal operational and people functions for Democracy Fund and Democracy Fund Voice, our affiliated 501(c)(4).
The COO will co-create a vision of success for running the organization that inspires staff and creates holistic, adaptive systems to support the organization’s mission and values. The COO will serve as the senior-most financial management officer and will be responsible for ensuring that Democracy Fund continues to innovate and adapt in order to achieve its goals most effectively. S/he will be a partner, coach, and manager to leaders directing the organization’s internal operating systems, including finance, HR, operations, IT, legal, and grants management. At the same time, the COO will be the steward of the organizational values and culture – growing Democracy Fund’s internal leaders and championing the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The ideal candidate is a world-class leader with a talent for inspiring, developing, and empowering teams. Furthermore, s/he has genuine passion for Democracy Fund’s mission and will bring vision and practical wisdom to all facets of the organization. As a deeply experienced, people-loving problem solver, the COO will possess a high tolerance for ambiguity and a proven track record of balancing creativity with rigor.
- Brings organizational acumen to bear on Democracy Fund’s strategic direction to bring out the best of the dedicated staff
- Refine organizational systems and structures in order to promote cross-team collaboration, communication, and commitment to one another’s success
- Lead and optimize the effectiveness of all internal management councils, ensuring staff on these councils are working to live up to Democracy Fund’s core values and meeting the organization’s strategic vision
- Ensure effective communication of priority issues and projects, including overseeing the production of monthly All Staff meetings, and promoting organizational learning across the organization
- Serve as a member of the organization’s Investment Committee, reviewing and assessing major grant opportunities and providing consultation to program staff on providing best in class support to their grantees
- Partner with the Vice President of Strategy & Program on regular planning, prioritization, and capacity assessment of the organization, and weigh in on major organizational strategic issues as a member of the Strategy Council
- Conduct special projects for the President in partnership with senior staff that prepare Democracy Fund for future stages of its evolution
- Own the vision and accountability for the annual performance of the organization’s operations team, promoting customer service, systems, and processes that reflect best practices and enable Democracy Fund to deliver on its mission. Lead, develop, and empower the team leaders and foster a culture of collaboration, learning, and innovation
- Provide financial leadership for Democracy Fund and Democracy Fund Voice, including oversight of annual budgeting and forecasting, finance and accounting policies, financial controls and compliance, as well as aligning systems and policies that support staff stewardship of the organization’s resources
- Oversee the organization’s risk management and compliance responsibilities, implementing policies and systems that ensure the organization adheres to private foundation and social welfare regulations
- Ensure the necessary technology, security protocols, and office infrastructure are in place to support a growing, complex organization
- Oversee the relationship between Democracy Fund and Democracy Fund Voice as well as the development and management of other funds or legal vehicles necessary to advance the overall mission
- Lead, mature, and fully integrate all aspects of Democracy Fund’s people functions, ensuring the organization has the human capital needed to meet its mission
- Cultivate a culture that promotes Democracy Fund’s core values of humility, learning, collaboration, integrity, and impact, and support a coaching culture that engenders continual development and growth
- Lead, model, and embed diversity, equity, and inclusion across all areas of Democracy Fund, working through the DEI Council, senior management, and all staff
- Carry out initiatives on best practices in organizational management, performance management, leadership development, workforce planning
- Deep passion for strengthening American democracy and comfort working in a bipartisan environment
- 10+ years of senior management experience overseeing finance, human resources, and operations; Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Experienced executive with a passion for managing, developing, and coaching teams; prioritizes building authentic and respectful relationships with all colleagues within an organization
- Effective and persuasive communicator, both oral and written, with exceptional emotional intelligence
- Experience implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Experience with financial forecasting, budgeting, and reporting along with a record of success implementing strategic goals and priorities across an organization
- Working knowledge of philanthropy and nonprofit management is preferred, (c)(4) experience a plus, including knowledge of best practices in operations and grants management
- A strategic, analytical, and tactical thinker, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully problem solve, plan, and facilitate growth in a complex environment
- Confidence and capability to adapt and lead in a fast-paced, changing environment while also navigating ambiguity and change inherent to a young organization
- Possess unquestionable personal and professional integrity, humility, positive demeanor, and a sense of humor
Interested candidates should select "Apply Now" below to submit a cover letter and resume.
The Democracy Fund is committed to a diverse workplace, seeking voices and expertise from people from across the political spectrum. Our board, staff, advisors, and grantees include Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. The Democracy Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
Chief Systems Engineer - Architect
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, ApplyLogic is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2015 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We have an immediate Chief Systems Engineer - Architect position available in Laurel, MD.
Job Description and
Provide engineering leadership and subject matter expertise in the evaluation of system requirements, architectures, models, designs, and release/deployment plans. Assess the operational and functional baselines of an organization and its supporting systems. Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for systems to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules. Oversee end to end SDLC of systems through to system deployment and operations. Provide organizational and strategic planning for systems as they traverse the SDLC. Provide expertise in, but not limited to, System Architecture, System Modeling, Software Development, Systems Integration, Requirements Engineering, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Business Analysis and Technical Analysis.
- Responsible for the evaluation of several current systems for various components to include requirements, architecture, design, modeling, planning, release/deployment artifacts among several others.
- Lead the development of action plans to remedy findings from assessments and drive remediation of findings with system development teams and when required acts as an individual contributor to remedy findings.
- Identify application modernization (explicit & implicit), and establish technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals to address those needs.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications to the target environment
- Analyze existing technology, define business aligned IT solutions & participate in risk analysis
- Collaborate with technical team on development of modernization solution design, architecture.
- Interact with various teams from Dev/Ops, Infrastructure, Security supporting overall architecture framework.
- Designs and documents system architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
- Develop process/control changes by identifying gaps/issues/areas for improvement; writing improved processes.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Provides project management expertise throughout each phase of the project, from planning to closeout.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols, architecture, requirements, and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analyzing system and program changes.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Experience developing and integrating complex systems through the full system development life cycle
- Knowledge of SOA, API management, and both async & sync communication methods
- Have relevant experience in assessing the application landscape, architecting solutions, and leading modernization & migration of applications to target environments like Mainframe modernization, cloud etc.
- Applications cloud migration experience
- Experience in responding & managing the large RFP's from standalone application landscape modernization perspective, and from integrated fashion with ASM / AD RFP.
- Experience in a fast paced, external facing Customer Support department required
- Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of enterprise commercial off the shelf software packages and custom development
- Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification from reputed cloud service providers like AWS, Azure, IBM etc.
- 10 years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- 5 specifically performing in a Systems Engineer role on a large scale mission critical program.
- Public Trust, or must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Chief Human Resources Officer
1.Administer labor agreements and perform various labor relations functions, including the processing of grievances
2.Strategically plan, develop and write departmental and institutional policies and procedures.
3.Oversee the development and evolution of policies and procedures to ensure an equitable and inclusive environment for all members of the campus community.
4.Interact and consult with functional leaders of the departmental staff on operational matters.
5.Provide leadership to the staff and facilitate collaborative relationships between functional HR areas.
6.Interact and consult with Cabinet-level and other administrators on matters of operational and strategic importance.
7.Improve and enhance various functions (e.g., talent acquisition, onboarding, professional development, information systems, etc.) within the Human Resources Department.
8.Conduct various analytic studies (e.g., job evaluation and compensation), assess current staffing capabilities and periodically examine future labor trends and expected vacancies.
9.Interact and consult with outside parties (e.g., attorneys, brokers, consultants, and vendors) and represent the human resources department and ECC at appropriate functions.
10.Attend and participate in meetings, perform routine job tasks (e.g., writing letters, memoranda, and email messages), plus directing support staff on a daily basis.
Essential Responsibilities Continued:
Perform other duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
1.Master's degree (MA) in Human Resources or related field.
2.Minimum of ten years of administrative experience in positions with increasing responsibility.
3.Knowledge of employment and labor laws (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, and ADA), EEO regulations, collective bargaining trends, enhancements or changes in health insurance, worker's compensation and other employee benefit programs is essential.
4.The Chief Human Resources Officer must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills; with the ability to think analytically and strategically.
5.Further, he or she must be recognized for his or her integrity of the highest ethical standards, objectivity, comprehensive organizational view, tact, and ability to think clearly in stressful situations.
1.Terminal degree preferred.
2.Experience in a higher education environment preferred.
3.Specialized professional human resources certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP,
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 12/27/2018 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis.
The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document for information related to the ECC Hiring Process and Applicant Tracking System.
Materials Required to Complete the Application Process for this Position:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Quicklink for Posting:
Return to Search Results
For additional support, please visit http://peopleadminsupport.com/5-8/
Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Statement
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance Statement
Union Chief Engineer
Responsible for engineering operations and directs vendors and subcontractors. Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and
Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
Leads operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors. Arranges for subcontractors as needed.
Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
Formulates and implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
Monitors building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
Oversees and inspects the work performed by engineering staff. Determines that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition.
Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale.
Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE's more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere.
We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of seven years related experience and/or trade school training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Universal CFC certification required. Additional certification in three or more of the following:
HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. Must have the ability to operate an EMS and CMMS system.
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!