Chief Petroleum Engineer Job Description Sample
Petroleum Engineer Req # Cnpcusa-Hr-000129
Location: Houston, Texas
Position Status: FT
Exempt Status: Exempt
CNPC USA is a subsidiary of China National Petroleum Company, and serves as the North American headquarters. Our goal is to provide innovation, research and development of new technologies for Oil and Gas Exploration and
CNPC USA is actively seeking creative, innovative, best-in-class experts to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity for Petroleum Engineer with expertise in laboratory design of experiments and modeling of oil recovery under laboratory conditions. The Petroleum Engineer is responsible for supporting the reservoir engineering discipline by conducting first principles study of oil recovery mechanisms in tight oil reservoirs.
The Petroleum Engineer reports directly to the
GGRE Team Lead.
- Conduct all business activities in agreement with CNPC USA core values.
- Collaborate with reservoir engineers to design laboratory tests for tight oil recovery mechanisms.
- Collaborate with geologists and petrophysicists to understand rock microstructure and incorporate into microporous media flow models.
- Support reservoir engineering functions for unconventional resources recovery by using reservoir modeling and simulation tools.
- Analyze data to make well-founded recommendations, and effectively communicate the analysis.
- Confer with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel in order to resolve design, research, and test problems.
- Ability to use industry software applications and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on target, with quality and sustainability.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- PhD degree in Petroleum Engineering, Geosciences or related discipline required.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing first principles models, pore network models in describing dynamic flow processes in laboratory scale recovery tests.
- Expertise in scientific programming with Matlab and other similar tools.
- Prefer to have computing skills along with numerical methods.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
This job operates mainly in a professional office environment but may also be required to visit or work in a shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and the ability to lift 20lbs and bend is required.
Occasional international and domestic travel may be required. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
CNPC USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Disclaimer: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Wayfinder Resources LLC Petroleum Engineer Job location: Houston, TX Responsible for generating end of year reserve report in collaboration with a third-party Oil & Gas reserves auditor.
Participate on the management team to help assess oil & gas assets from a subsurface and engineering economic modeling perspective. Responsible for building a basin study that includes building reserve reports in Aries, including decline curve analysis, incorporating LOE/commercial assumptions, working with geologist to analyze and create appropriate production forecasts for different areas of interest and incorporate potential drilling opportunities to generate development plans for different assets. Create a complete discounted cash flow based valuation tool to screen deals.
This analysis will be supplemented by operator comparison analysis, latest trends, and research. Responsible for performing core-calibrated petrophysical analysis on open-hole logs, creating cross-sections, generating effective porosity, hydrocarbon saturation and hydrocarbon in place volumes in order to supplement and support engineering analysis. Utilize technical analysis with acquisition comps in order to estimate market value of oil & gas assets.
Candidate will present their work to the board and may have 1 2 employees to manage in the future. Travel for Business Development/Business Origination purposes will be required several times a year to Oklahoma.
Master s degree in Petroleum Engineering 12 months experience with: Exposure to petroleum engineering and petrophysics Power user / prior experience in the following oil & gas software/services: o Aries (Halliburton Software) o Techlog (Schlumberger Software) o Geographix (Halliburton Software) o Data Visualization Software (Tableau or Spotfire) o IHS/Enerdeq/Lognet (Oil & Gas Production Data and Formation Evaluation Logs) o Visual Basic for Applications (Microsoft Excel Software) o Access, Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint (Microsoft Software) Working with unconventional reservoirs Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment and manage multiple projects Team player with strong leadership and presentation skills Acquisition & Divestiture (Investment Banking) Engineering valuation & deal experience in multiple basins
Entry Level Civil, Mechanical, Or Petroleum Engineer - Natural Gas
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking mechanical, civil and accredited petroleum engineers with entry level experience in natural gas pipeline design for our Norwell, MA ofice location. This position requires good technical, organizational and communication skills from a hands-on individual. CHA is performing a comprehensive records review of natural gas transmission pipelines. The engineer will join an existing team to complete gas infrastructure designs and permitting for local and regional clients. We are looking to fill this position immediately, and therefore, we are not accepting May 2018 grads for this opportunity. Please see our career page for other opportunities if you are a May 2018 graduate.
Complete plan and profile drawings in AutoCADD civil 3D for gas distribution and transmission projects.
Assemble BOM (bill of materials) and sequences of work
Develop permit plans and coordinate applications for gas projects with municipal and state agencies.
Perform calculations to determine the % specified minimum yield strength, pipe flow characteristics, and other specific calculations as required.
Produce Schematic and P&ID drawings for specified gas projects
Visit project sites to perform site walks, dimensional surveys, and inspection as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or petroleum engineering from an accredited program is required.
0+ years of engineering experience with natural gas is required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
+ 1 year of engineering experience with natural gas transmission and distribution is preferred.
Internship or corusework related to natural gas transmission and distribution is preferred.
Civil 3D CADD skills are highly preferred.
GIS experience preferred.
Local candidates to MA and/or Norwell, MA highly preferred. *CHA will not accept applications of candidates who require visa sponsorships now or in the future. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-LC1 IND123 ID: 3748 External Company URL: www.cha-llp.com
Petrotechnical: Petroleum Engineer ( Austintx78712)
Schlumberger will attend or host university recruitment events for this position in your area. Petrotechnical: Petroleum Engineer Schlumberger is recognized as a world leader in oilfield exploration and technology, with operations in over 80 countries.
In our field, those who innovate succeed, so we continually invest in the best people and ideas. We offer several challenging opportunities in Petroleum Engineering, such as those listed below. These are opportunities for recent graduates to develop expertise in Schlumberger’s industry leading technologies including reservoir characterization, production and drilling engineering, petrophysics and geomechanics.
Most positions offer a rigorous multi-year training program focusing on classroom and online training, as well as on the job experience. Successful candidates are hard working, energetic, motivated people who enjoy finding and delivering solutions for our clients. Please look for our on campus Petro Technical information sessions!
Software Integrated Solutions (SIS) - Schlumberger provides oil & gas software solutions to solve today’s tough reservoir challenges by enabling the creativity of geoscientists and engineers through innovative workflows and comprehensive global services. Visit our website at http://www.software.slb.com/ Access EngineerPetroleum Engineers, and in some case Chemical and Mechanical Engineers, can join Schlumberger via our Access Program. It is a structured program where you start in one of our business segments, working out in the oilfields as a field engineer for a minimum period of 18 months.
After this, you will move to our SIS segment to work in an office environment to continue your petrotechnical career. Throughout the program, you will be exposed to Schlumberger technologies and mentored by a domain champion or a senior petrotechnical expert. The unique combination of field and office training will give you an invaluable range of job experiences, enabling you to develop into a petrotechnical expert in your domain of interest (*Degree
MS or PhD only). Petrotechnical: Petroleum Engineer As a Petroleum Engineer in SIS, the primary job function will be to gain expertise while providing first tier technical phone support on the use of Petrel Reservoir Engineering and ECLIPSE software suite, onsite support of clients, or conducting training courses. Secondary job functions may include: assisting in business development activities, assisting the sales function and maintaining the excellent relationships with clients that Schlumberger sees as critical to our continued success.
Specializations may include Reservoir and Production Engineering and Petrophysics (Degree
BS or MS only). Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested. Requirements are: - Degree
- BS, MS or PhD in Petrophysics, Geomechanics, Petroleum Engineering
MS or PhD in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering
Minimum GPA: 3.0 / 4.0 Please apply online at careers.slb.com Full Time: May 2015
May 2017 Interns: May 2018
Sr Principal Systems Engineer - Satellite Ground Command And Control System Chief Engineer
The Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Mission Management and Control (M2C) team is seeking a Satellite Ground Command and Control System Development Chief Engineer . Candidates with a current Top Secret Security Clearance or higher are eligible for up to a $20,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and hired by Raytheon. The chief engineer serves as the primary technical point of contact with the program office, the customer and other external entities related to the program.
Working with the Chief Architect and the SEIT lead, the Chief Engineer sets the technical direction for the program based on his or her technical experience in the relevant domain. The Chief Engineer chairs the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and the Risk and Opportunity Board for the program. Required
• 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience working in a Satellite Command and Control development or operations environment • Familiarity with the software development life cycle on government programs • Significant experience in at least one of the following system engineering areas architecture development, operations concept development, functional analysis, interface definition, and verification & validation for Satellite Ground Systems • Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment • Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team • Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills. • Current Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) Desired Skills/
• Chief Engineer / Lead Systems Engineer on a large government contract • Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract. • Experience in requirements management • Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development • Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation • Experience in technical risk management • Possess Raytheon Risk and Opportunity Management certification or equivalent • Experience in architecture development of SW centric systems • Experience in SE process development and deployment • Experience in Operations including: procedure development, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment • Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations • Experience working on a program managed using Earned Value Management • Experience with participating in Engineering Gate reviews • Experience in cost estimation • Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent Required Education (including Major): B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math and 10 years relevant work experience. 105136 Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Futures Lab Software Engineer / Software Engineer Chief Job
FUTURES Lab Software Engineer / Software Engineer Chief (Job Number:431157)
- Description:* SAIC has an opening for a Software Engineer Chief to work on a software engineering team and directly support research, testing, prototyping, and system development of advanced data analytics tools in the FUTURES Lab. This is a key role for this customer and a leadership position within SAIC with career growth opportunities. Duties and responsibilities
Drawing on professional experience, support the assessment, recommendation, adoption, and integration of a relevant and performant software engineering tools for team use, including an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse, a versioning system like GIT, and a deployment tool such as Jenkins
Work on integrated product teams across organizational boundaries using modern software engineering methodologies (SDLC, Agile), provide regular status reports, lead successful customer demonstrations that result in customer acceptance of team products
Draw on professional experience to define, architect, and design complex software systems, system components, and analytic tools to meet customer requirements, including integration of open source software tools like MongoDB, Redis, MapReduce, Kafka, and related products
Ensure the timely and accurate development of system documentation, including code comment and user manuals, as well as instructional and briefing materials as appropriate for any delivered product
Establish and enforce standards for software development, code comments, bug reports, code reviews, and software assurance processes
- Qualifications:* CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: - TS/SCI with Poly
U.S. citizenship required REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline and twenty (20) years or more software development experience, Master’s and twelve (12) years or more experience, or PhD and nine (9) years or more experience. Professional experience should demonstrate progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization.
Must also have 10 years of direct experience with specific operating systems, such as Unix and Linux variants, Microsoft Windows server and workstation, Mac OSX, Android, and IOS.
Must also have recent experience with computer graphics, 3d modeling, GPU programming, and graphics application programming. DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience with Accumulo, Angular, NodeJS, JBoss, Scala, Storm, Spark, Docker, Fireworks, and related software
Experience with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Oculus Rift, HoloLens, large-scale display walls, and related hardware
Experience developing visualization analytics, streaming data processing, ontology services, user interfaces
Experience with client's data processing requirements, including SIGINT Travel
Minimal travel required for this position SAIC
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Job Posting:* Sep 27, 2017, 6:40:44 PM Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Potential for Teleworking: No Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Shift: Day Job Schedule: Full-time
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Chief Engineer (CHENG) for a Task Order providing Navy technical, engineering, combat systems expertise, and logistical support. The CHENG will assist the Program Manager in leading task organized teams conducting concurrent, comprehensive visits on multiple providing Readiness Assistance expertise to address engineering interfaces and integrated systems support for deck related systems. The Readiness Assistance Teams (RATs) are comprised of four Engineering Readiness Assistance Team (ERAT) (two gas turbine, one steam, and one diesel) and two Combat System Readiness Assistance Team (CSRAT) (one AEGIS and one non AEGIS). Each RAT team member will conduct approximately 45-49 weeks of visits per one year performance period with up to 10% of those visits occurring in OCONUS locations. On average, 190 CONUS RAT visits are conducted per year. Candidates must hold an ACTIVE SECRET clearance.
- Interact at the Flag and Assistant Chief of Staff (ACOS) level.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to the TYCOM staff based on extensive experience in shipboard maintenance and leadership.
- Provide assistance in the development, review, updating, and maintenance of technical documentation, researching and analyzing problems relating to the program policies and processes, and providing assistance in developing recommended solutions to problems.
- Provide inputs for and participate in progress meeting and program reviews for all areas of performance.
- Provide lessons learned and best practices that can be incorporated into curriculum, training, and other guidance.
- Work with the ship’s crew and observe, inspect and provide recommended remediation’s to the Ship's Commanding Officer (CO) for improved material condition.
- Review ships Current Ship Maintenance Project (CSMP) prior to arriving on board and provide a report of recommended material corrections to ships Maintenance Material Management Coordinator (3MC) and Commanding Officer.
- Provide a report for correction of ships imminent material failure items and a report of each visited ships overall material discrepancies report.
- Strong background and commensurate experience to mirror that of a CHENG on steam (LHD), Diesel (LSD/LPD), and Gas Turbine (CG/DDG) propulsion systems
- More than 20 years of hands-on experience to include multiple sea tours as a Main Propulsion Assistant, Engineering Department Division Officer, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university.
- Active SECRET security clearance.
- 20+ years' relevant experience.
- Master's degree from an accredited university (NPS graduate highly desired).
- Have strong background in past and current maintenance management initiatives, ship maintenance aspects of the Surface Warfare Enterprise/Surface Team One, and fundamentals such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis, Continuous Maintenance (CM) Program, Fleet Modernization Program (FMP), Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) requirements.
Chief Building Engineer / Project Manager
Chief Building Engineer / Project Manager
Applicant for Chief Building Engineer / Project Manager is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile and other equipment. Applicant will have general knowledge in the general repair and or troubleshooting of fire life safety systems, boilers, chillers, generators, power distribution, chemical treatment, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration. Applicant will have knowledge of BMS System's such as Johnson's Metasy’s Systems and or similar Building Management Systems such as Building Engines. Applicant will have a general knowledge of Pneumatic Systems and DDC controls. Applicant will have knowledge of Building Automation, security, and PC based programs.
Applicant shall have knowledge in all components of Building Stationary Engineering. Proficient at budgeting, plan review, project management, specifically project management of outside contractors, multi-tasking, prioritizing, development and following implementation of specifications, standards, policies and procedures. Excellent leadership skills, goal and detail oriented, innovative and motivated. Able to handle possible-pressure situations and decision-making. Adept at learning new processes and skilled at managing outside contractors and communicating with tenants.
Professional customer services and professional tenant interaction is of utmost importance at all times. Applicant needs to have the ability to follow all company rules and regulations. Applicant’s proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook in order to complete administrative responsibilities and maintain preventive maintenance PM work order programs is a value add.
• Certifications Requested: Your certifications held will dictate what you will be authorized to work on:
• CFC Universal Certified, not mandatory but recommended
• Certificate, HVAC/Refrigeration, not mandatory but recommended
• Certificate, Boiler Operation, not mandatory but recommended
• Fire Pump Certification, not mandatory but recommended
• Certificate, Construction Management, not mandatory but recommended
• BOC Level 1 and BOC Level 2, not mandatory but recommended
• AFE.org Certifications such as: CPE, CPS, CPMM or (FEA – Certified, Facility Energy Analyst), not mandatory but recommended
$40.00 to $65.00 Per Hour Wage Range + Medical, Dental, Vision, based on experience and qualifications, part or full time opportunity depending on flexability
Chief Mechanical Engineer
FASTENER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, a leading manufacturer of Fasteners, is searching for an experienced and team-oriented professional to fulfill the duties of a Chief Mechanical Engineer. The essential duties of the position are:
- Responsible for leading the Engineering department as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems.
- Develop manufacturing methods and tooling.
- Design tooling and equipment.
- Work closely with Planning and Estimating to develop and optimize methods for fastener manufacturing technology.
- Modify components of automatic equipment.
- Perform capability studies to ensure quality, productivity, and capacity.
- Define and execute production improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Investigate and recommend incorporation of new technology.
- Coordinate jobs with technical support personnel.
- Develop assembly guides, procedures and illustrations.
- A Leader who can work with our team in hands-on implementation of projects.
- Assist in the training of less experienced department personnel.
- Reviews safety standards for the finished product.
- Makes sure all projects and undertakings stay on budget and within the projected time schedule.
- Evaluates all costs associated with each project including materials, costs of labor, and time expended.
- Undergraduate degree in Manufacturing Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / or Electrical Engineering and 10 years of related industry experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience in design and implementation of control circuits.
- Knowledge of conventional and automation methods.
- High aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Self motivator with a "get it done" perspective.
- Capability of creating drawings and sketches on CAD and SolidWorks.
- Computer skills include familiarity with Windows; Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint).
- Must be able to collaborate and bridge the communications gap between the engineering team,
- technicians, managers, and customers, interfacing with each.
- Must have superior budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line.
- Must be able to draft clear and comprehensive reports on the statistical efficacy of projects, the use and allocation of resources, and the quality of each finished project.
- Ability to draft, review, and evaluate engineering blueprints.
- Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects.
Assistant Chief Engineer
SUMMARY: Responsible to assist the Chief Operating Engineer with the planning, implementation, coordination and supervision of mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management and manpower development programs for the community. Acts as Department Head in the absence of the Chief of Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUITES AND RESPOSIBLIITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise engineering maintenance staff; and assign and monitor maintenance projects.
- Conduct regular inspections of operating mechanical, electrical and equipment systems; make necessary adjustments to operating equipment and controls.
- Assist with maintenance/engineering issues (plumbing, HVAC, electrical) as required.
- Assist with the administration of inventory control programs and systems.
- Provide for quality assurance by creating and implementing preventive maintenance programs and recommending improvements to existing programs on an on-going basis.
- Develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians.
- Maintain on-going communication with members and vendors.
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Prepare and maintain engineering reports.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations.
Frenchman's Creek is a private member owned country club consisting of 600 homes, 2 18 hole golf courses, 16 har tru tennis courts, 25,000 sf fitness spa facility 5 restaurants and our own Beach Club located on the Atlantic Ocean.
We offer the best services to our members and we are always hiring qualified ladies and gentlemen with great personalities to join our team.
Please apply at our career website - https://www.frenchmanscreek.com/employment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!