Chiller Operator Job Description Sample
Hvac Truck Based Chiller Mechanic (Un)
Commercial Chiller Service Technician
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (“MacMiller”) we make buildings work better. As the Northwest’s leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 8 offices – there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers’ expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction – From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller – that’s a F.A.C.T.:
- Family – Belong to something, be known and know others have your back. You are supported, respected and will have fun going to work. You are trusted to collaborate on big jobs and empowered to own it. We are recognized as a Best Places to Work and believe people work for people, not companies. People stick around for a reason as it’s more than a job.
- Authentic - You are respected and trusted with information ranging from monthly company financials to team metrics. You will be engaged with authentic and honest conversations on how to fix problems, not placing blame. Our environment is a safe place to share ideas, ask questions, and know that you are heard and contributing value to the team.
- Customer Focused – We empower our employees to make decisions that correspond with our Customer Commitment. It’s not just about the bottom line, we do the right thing for our customers to build trusted partnerships and prove that we’re in this for the long haul. We value humility – It makes no difference how great we think we are. It’s how great they think we are.
- Transformative - You will be inspired and learn as we invest in new technologies and business processes. From real-time job site video capture (MacLens), using iPads vs. paper, 3D modeling, pre-fab strategies, and leveraging sensors to detect problems before they happen – you will be on the cutting edge and continuously learning (MacTED).
Service Tech: This is where you come in.
Top 3 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- Maintenance, repair, and installation of chillers for commercial customers
- Consult with customers regarding problems or issues discovered while servicing their chillers and provide them with written record of services performed
- Work closely with Service Coordination and Foreperson to ensure that customers' needs are fulfilled
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have…
- A track record of delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent attendance at prior employment
- Knowledge of job site safety requirements, including WISHA/OSHA, OROSHA/OSHA
- 5 years of experience working on Chiller Systems, including but not limited to, Centrifugal, Screw, Scroll, and Magnetic Bearing Compressor technology.
- Clean driving record
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- A great problem-solver
- A collaborative person who easily gets along with others
- Eager to help out whenever needed
And you should be motivated by...
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
Benefits are administered by the Union.
Where you will work
Our Portland office (12911 NE Airport Way, Portland OR, 97230) which is 5 minutes from the Portland Airport and Cascade Station and not far from the Downtown corridor, in the heart of the city buzzing with indie boutiques and a creative dining scene ranging from eclectic food trucks to high-end seafood bistros.
Interested to learn more?If you’re ready for an adventure, and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!
Hvac TB Chiller Mech (Un)
Lead Absorber And Chiller Specialist (Internal Only)
Chiller Technician/Large Tonnage
Hvac Chiller Technician
Cutter Operator / Bindery Operator
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!