Chip Mixing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Mixing Machine Operator
Due to increased business needs, Legendary Baking, an innovative dessert manufacturer specializing in pie, cake, cheesecake and custom deserts is seeking additional Batching-Mixing Machine Operators to operate equipment and perform manual tasks needed to produce large batches of food items including, pie dough, fillings and toppings. Positions require the ability to follow written/verbal directions and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) Legendary Baking maintains high quality standards in all our products. We are looking for candidates that have a high attention to detail and take pride in their work. Experience in food production is a PLUS!
Excellent benefit package:
- Medical/dental and vision insurance-available the 1stof month after you start!
- FREE Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- FREE Basic Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid personal days,
- Paid holidays,
- FREE company uniforms
In addition to great pay, we'll offer:
- Overtime paid for all hours worked over 8 hours in a day
- Lift/Carry up to 70lbs many times per hour.
- Scale products to standard, complete batches of product timely, accurately and per the steps outlined on the production order.
- Move and load product into bowls and tubs.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions in English.
- Must be able to pass math test as well as drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mixing Operator - Night Shift
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please click the link to watch a Realistic Job Preview.
This position is accountable for operating equipment that mixes/grinds liquids and other materials used to manufacture paint and coatings. The Manufacturing Technician directly impacts the quality and quantity of product produced.
Major tasks include, but are not limited to:
Prebatch and ticket inspection
Operates all drop stations and meters (water, TiO2, slurry, etc.)
Measures tanks for yield, follows directions on batch slip, and checks batch until proper grind or mix is obtained
Safe operation of forklifts, walkies, drum handling equipment and battery charging/changing
Cleans vessels, lines, and other equipment used in the process
Advocate and practice the principals of the Safety program
Participate in house keeping activities that are indicative of a safe and clutter free work environment
Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have access to reliable transportation
Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment
Experience watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
Experience blending and making a product in a batch process
Experience monitoring the quality of raw materials or finished goods
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Shift/Schedule: Night Shift (12 hour shifts)
Pay Rate/Shift Premium: Starting at $24.33 ( $0.40 shift differential)
- Minimum of 2 years mixing experience
Tortilleria Machine Operator
The tortilla machine operator provides customer satisfaction by operating and caring for equipment used in the tortilleria department, including the tortilla manufacturing machine (tortilla maker), mixers and fryers, making sure there are plenty of delicious flour and corn tortillas, tostada shells, duros, tortilla chips and masa for customer purchases.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
Operating and maintaining tortilla making machines, conveyor belts, mixers and fryers.
Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information and always giving a genuine thank you.
Mixing masa for tortilla products.
Manufacturing and packaging tortillas and snack items like toasted tortilla chips and duros.
Ensuring all manufacturing and cooking facilities meet proper food safety and member safety guidelines.
Maintaining adequate stock levels to ensure adequate production of tortilleria products.
Merchandise tortilleria products on shelves, merchandisers and floor displays.
Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
Understanding proper product preparation, roasting and merchandising techniques and procedures,
Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept production area.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
EMV Operator - Machine Operator - Fri-Sun, 5Pm-5Am
Our IN team is growing! The EMV Operator is responsible effectively preparing, operating and maintaining Smart Card equipment including lamination, milling, embedding, pre-personalization, key rolling, quality and quality testing under direction of Smart Card (EMV) Lead to ensure the production and timely delivery of high-quality plastic secured chip cards according to customer specifications and Company quality objectives The schedule for this position is 5:00pm to 5:00am. The position starts at $15.07/hour plus an additional 10% shift differential for working weekend nights. Duties and
• Responsible for accurate machine setup, operations, loading and unloading of materials and error adjustments based on work instructions, checklists, product specifications and customer job ticket requirements • Continually checks, monitors and corrects any quality issues that may occur during each customer job run to minimize downtime and waste • Interprets and completes all Smart Card forms and documents that pertain to the Smart Card department with high accuracy. • Maintains an accurate record of all completed work in shop floor data system and/or manual forms as required Completes required audit paperwork based on job stage and equipment operated
· Machine operating/assisting experience · Keen attention to detail including distinguishing color · Proficient communication skills including reading, writing and speaking in English · Basic computer skills
• High school diploma or GED • Good mechanical aptitude with ability to select and use appropriate equipment, supplies and tools • Good math skills to be able to compute percentages, weights and measures • Good detail and decision making skills in order to setup equipment, check product quality and make adjustments to meet customer deadlines and requirements • Ability to setup computer aided machinery and solid understanding of Windows based personal computers, including ability to interface with a PC by inputting and out putting data and loading and unloading programs • Ability to communicate and interact effectively with others • If identified as a trainer, the ability to effectively train others • Ability to follow/interpret written and oral instructions and specifications • Must be security and safety oriented • Must be reliable through good attendance, punctuality and cooperation What we have to Offer: · Competitive pay rates with robust shift differentials, growth and advancement opportunities · Solid benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, FSA, HSA, Vacation and Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement and 401 (K) with a competitive company match percentage.
Machine Operator / Process Technician
Prominent, growing New Berlin, Wisconsin manufacturing company is offering career growth opportunities for plastics industry blow molding or injection molding candidates, OR, candidates in other industries who have had strong experience running complex automated or semi-automated production machinery to learn their business.
$15-$22/hour, 12 hr. shiftsas Machine Technician I, or Machine Technician II (depending upon prior experience).
Direct Hire positions are on day or night rotational shifts. The Machine Technician / Operator ensures efficient operation of complex automated or semi-automated blow molding or injection molding production line machinery. Positions are also available for candidates with strong process knowledge and skills operating complex automated or semi-automated production machinery in other industries. There are three technical career path levels to progress in as a Machine Technician with this organization.As your skilled recruiter, please review the job description requirements and if interested in these opportunities complete the application and your cover letter and resume will receive immediate attention. Sorry, relocation assistance is not available for these positions. Kristine Schoolcraft, Talent Acquisition Manager at
Parallel Employment Group
- Operate assigned Rocheleau blow molding (Mat.Tech.I), Bekum, Kautex blow molding (Mat.Tech.II), or Toshiba Injection Molding (Mat.Tech.I) production line equipment to maximize High 5 Operational Metrics: Efficiency, Quality, Safety, Engagement and Resin Loss.
- Independently perform machine adjustments within allowable parameters, perform routine machine maintenance tasks and minor repairs on all production equipment, including molders and peripheral quality equipment on assigned lines.
- Identify and recommend improvements and support all company continuous improvements activities. Work with plant leadership, set up and maintenance to implement improvements. Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications and accurately document all records related to downtime, production, scrap, repairs, process deviation, etc.
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for other team members and new members learning technical functions.
- Assist in identifying non-conforming product and re-work of non-conforming product as necessary.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- Perform other miscellaneous support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership. Assist in the duties of other team members, including helping to cover break times, etc.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks. Must laugh at jokes and enjoy attempts at humor from other team members, no matter how feeble.
Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
Minimal local travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
High School diploma or equivalent required with advanced technical certificate or formal education preferred. At least 2 years of technical processing, maintenance or troubleshooting experience, preferably in a continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude and learning agility in regards to technical matters.
- Exhibit excellent decision making skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated capability in basic math and measurement.
- Ability to follow guidelines independently and work as part of a cohesive production team.
- Familiarity with basic business computer applications and mobile device applications.
- Must be able to provide own basic set of tools
Paid Holidays: After 60 days, full time Members receive 8 hours holiday pay for 9 recognized company holidays each year, plus one additional discretionary floating holiday. Members scheduled and working the holidays are also paid double time for the hours worked!
Paid Vacation: Operations team Members receive a vacation pay check on their anniversary date with unpaid vacation days according to the schedule below. Members choose to either schedule days off or work their schedule and get paid. After 1 Year of Service: 2% of previous year’s gross earnings with 7 optional unpaid days off. After 2 Years of Service: 4% of previous year’s gross earnings with 14 optional unpaid days off. After 7 Years of Service: 6% of previous year’s gross earnings with 21 optional unpaid days off. After 14 Years of Service: 8% of previous year’s gross earnings with 28 optional unpaid days off.
Life Insurance: Effective the 90th day of membership, the Company will pay for a Life Insurance policy for you equal to two (2) times your annual salary up to $100,000. Additional voluntary Life Insurance and Accident insurance can be purchased for member, spouse and/or children.
Disability Benefits: Effective the 90th day of membership, Short Term and Long Term disability benefits are paid by the company for you to help protect your income in the event of illness or injury.
401(K) Retirement Match: the company helps plan for long term prosperity by automatically enrolling members in our retirement savings plan on the first day of the month after 90 days of service. The Company matches 50% of contributions on up to 4% of earnings. This match vests gradually over a 6 year period.
Dental Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can pay $5.68 for single premium or $12.92 for family coverage each bi-weekly pay period.
Vision Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, routine Vision exams are covered each year. The cost for single premium is $2.78 bi-weekly and $8.32 bi-weekly for family coverage.
Comprehensive Medical Plan: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can choose from two comprehensive medical plans based on individual or family needs. Preventative Care Benefits in both plans include immunizations, routine physical exams and tests paid at 100% in network. To help you plan for medical expenses, the company will match the first $150 you put into our Health FSA or HSA plan.And BEST OF ALL, you are part of a community-based organization who celebrates their Members and teams accomplishments with bonus programs, recognition, contests and Member events!
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Panel Saw Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Lead CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
- Receiving work order to determine product to be produced and ensures materials are on hand
- Ensure all safety rules are adhered to, communicating issues or concerns that cannot be resolved to Supervisor
- Operate machine using Good Manufacturing Practices with regard to food production, following specified formulas
- Able to run all machines in assigned department. Able to demonstrate all safety procedures and point out all emergency stops
- Perform QC testing that becomes a required procedure for production personnel, taking samples and monitoring product quality and safety documentation
- Ensure all HACCP documentation and checks are performed as prescribed
- Direct packagers in the proper procedures for packaging the product being produced
- Perform sanitation of the line daily according to GMP’s, communicating specific sanitation duties to all crewmembers
- Verify, tracks, and reports daily all raw materials used and rework
- Perform 5S audits and alert Supervisor to any deficiencies
- Must be able to trace product lines
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications To be eligible and successful in this role, you will be able to:
- Frequently stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crawl, climb or crouch
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!