Chocolate Production Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Chocolate Production Operator - Theo Chocolate
Theo Chocolate is based on a core idea – chocolate can be made in a way that allows everyone in the bean to bar process to thrive. It’s part of why we make our own chocolate, to ensure that everyone involved is treated in a way that we can be proud of and that only the highest quality ingredients and processes are used. The result: delicious, award-winning chocolate. When you taste our chocolate, you will experience our passion and integrity in every luscious bite.
Theo Chocolate is proud to be the first organic, fair trade, bean-to-bar chocolate factory in the United States. It takes a large array of duties and committed people to make great chocolate. Our factory, kitchen, marketing and administrative offices are all located in a historical building in the Fremont district of Seattle, WA.
Currently we have openings for multiple seasonal openings in chocolate production. These jobs pay a minimum of $15.00 per hour. In addition, as a Theo employee you receive multiple benefits including a subsidized bus pass, paid volunteer time and plenty of discounted great chocolate!
We are excited about our growth pattern which generated the need for additional Production Operators. We are looking for individuals who possess a strong mechanical aptitude; a strong drive to learn; and share our passion for making amazing chocolate. Our past experience proves that seasonal jobs often lead to full time opportunities for interested individuals. Apply for this job if you want to join a team that refines the craft of chocolate making every day while creating positive change in the world.
Here are the specifics of the job description and how to apply for these openings.
To perform a variety of processing and packaging functions within the manufacturing plant. Primary duties include independent machine set up, changeover, and operation of semi-automated and automated machines for production of various chocolate products and ingredients. Operators are responsible for maintaining the highest quality of food safety standards, sanitation standards, perform daily audits, follow standard operating procedures and complete daily production paperwork. This position ensures that products meet delivery and quality requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Operate processing or packaging equipment as assigned.
* Responsible for independent operation, set up, and changeover of various automatic and semi-automatic machines/equipment, determined by job specifications.
* Observe safety procedures including wearing protective gear when cleaning with chemicals.
* Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and sanitation standards to ensure the highest quality of food safety and sanitation is achieved. Perform daily audits to ensure compliance.
* Adhere to company and third-party standards for organic, fair trade, food safety, and other product certifications in the production area. Perform daily audits to ensure compliance.
* Keeps assigned machines and surrounding area clean and safe.
* Clean and sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
* Responsible for inspection of conveyors and scales prior to line start-up and changeovers.
* Follow standard operating procedures and complete daily production paperwork (i.e. pre-operation inspections; sanitation calendars; sku reports and batch paperwork).
* Perform various checks that may include metal detector, date code and weight systems checks, with a minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
* Complete quality checks and associated daily production paperwork.
* Promptly and accurately record production process information in Theo's computer system.
* Perform required daily preventative maintenance and cleaning on machines including general housekeeping of the machine and area.
* Perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging machines, to include cleaning and changing coder ribbons, ink jet ink, tape machines, and rollers.
* Clean, inspect and lubricate equipment as part of our Autonomous Maintenance program.
* Determine optimum machine parameters and targets, understand machine performance indicators, and coordinate issues and improvements with Maintenance department.
* Recognize, communicate, and support improvement potentials and efforts.
* Assists and trains others in job as needed.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum of one year of experience in industrial manufacturing, preferably food processing or food production (noisy, working near machinery with moving parts). Prefer a minimum of two years experience. Will also consider other candidates who have been successful in process oriented environments. High School diploma/GED. Experience with GMP, HACCP (NSF), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Autonomous Maintenance (AM) is a plus.
Abilities/Skills and Other
* Demonstrated commitment to safety
* Able to read, write, and comprehend English
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals and whole numbers
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
* Strong attention to detail with a commitment to high quality
* Basic computer skills
* Must be available to work weekends and overtime on occasion
* To be successful, an individual needs to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and duties, operate independently, demonstrate initiative and work to deadlines (sometimes demanding).
This job is primarily performed on the factory floor and in office space in the factory. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
* Work near moving mechanical parts
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is provided.
* Potential allergens can be: tree nuts, dairy, wheat, particular oils (i.e. mint, orange)
* Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required including but not limited to ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump caps, hair and beard nets, and gloves.
* Fumes or airborne particles
* Ambient temperature in the factory fluctuating from cold storage to hot in production areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* Standing/walking for long periods of time and be able to monitor multiple pieces of equipment at one time.
* Good hand-eye coordination.
Send us a resume and a brief summary of how you would be a good fit for the job and why you are interested in working for Theo Chocolate. The best (and only!) way to respond to this ad is through the Zip Recruiter process. Which means. . .please no telephone calls, and (really, please!) do not bring resumes into our retail store.
Theo Chocolate, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Theo Chocolate!
As a bean to bar manufacturer we control every phase of the manufacturing process. This means we can guarantee that every step, every ingredient, everything that goes into each bar is as special as the beans themselves. We strive to be the most progressive chocolate maker in the country. Our efforts are validated with rigorous third-party certifications. We were the first organic, fair trade certified chocolate maker in North America, and we remain one of only a handful today.
Machine Operator- Chocolate Molding
Buffalo Area candy company is seeking a Machine Operator to join our manufacturing team! You will oversee automated candy making activities, supervise a small crew and ensure excellent quality control.
- Lead production activities on our molding line and supervise a crew of 3 to 5 associates
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues in a timely fashion
- Responsible for managing raw material inventory to meet schedules
- Provide innovative solutions to improve production efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in machine operations
- Experience in food manufacturing
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Production Machine Operator
Best Maid Cookie Company in River Falls, Wisconsin is a fast-growing food manufacturing facility, looking for dependable and hard-working candidates. The cookie business is booming! We are a relationship-based company. Our people are as much a part of our offering as our products. We value an entrepreneurial and industrious approach to work. We encourage creativity. Integrity and loyalty are hallmarks of our company and the way we do business. These values differentiate us from other bakeries, foster sustainable growth and provide a strong foundation for our company.
We are looking for 1st,2ndand 3rd shift Production Machine Operators to join our team! In this role, you would ensure smaller quantities of ingredients are weighed out according to mix record. You would also monitor ingredients and finished mixes for any changes and report changes immediately to management.
- Works with others in a team atmosphere.
- Complete set up of mixing area daily
- Ensuring all necessary oils are present in the quantities described on the mix record.
- Maintaining all paperwork in an orderly and legible fashion.
- Monitors ingredients, reporting any changes immediately to management.
- Follows mix procedures exactly for every mix.
- Checks lay outs for accuracy
- Assists drop operator as needed
- Maintains communication with Mix assistant, drop operator, lead and management.
- Ensures all finished mixes and ingredients meet Best Maid quality standards.
- Completes specified duties between mixes.
- Keeps waste at a minimum.
- Maintains constant pace with production.
- Assists with general housekeeping of the mixing area.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality from breaks.
- Must follow all Best Maid safety protocols.
Duties performed are in a production line setting. Work includes continuous repetitive motion, lifting up to 50 lbs., frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching. This job may be subject to interruptions so; multi-tasking and attention to detail are required. This position is directly involved with fellow team members. You are required to be available for over time, weekend or holiday as needed.
- 2nd shift (2:30-11pm), or 3rd shift (10:30pm-7am)
- $1 shift differential between 6pm-6am
- Full benefits package available including medical, dental, life and more
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Performance Bonuses• 401K with company match
- And of course… free cookies!
We've been making cookies for over 70 years using the freshest ingredients, the finest chocolate, no additives or preservatives and good old-fashioned T.L.C. You'll taste the difference. Treat your customers to a delicious cookie. They'll love them, and so will you!
Machine Operator - Production
Machine operators are responsible for working on the line in different capacities for our client.
Machine Operator Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that production equipment, tools and machinery are functional at all times.
• Start up production machinery at the beginning of each shift and ensure proper closing down at the end.
• Perform a variety of tasks aimed at equipment change-over.
• Make specific adjustments to production machinery to ensure quality control and efficiency of production work.
• Ensure that production work is performed by following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and job safety analysis.
• Perform a series of preventative and general maintenance tasks on production equipment and tools.
• Ensure that work areas are clean and maintained at all times so that security of production workers is maintained.
• Measure ingredients and products accurately so that optimal levels of production can met.
• Ensure that end products conform to quality and quantity standards of the company.
Machine / Production Operator
What Southwire is looking for in Machine Operator candidate.
Southwire is looking for people that have a HEAVY BACKGROUND in a MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT. Our Operators are working inside of a large building with several things going on at one time. It may be hot or even chilly at times, and therefore very physical. Attention to detail is paramount, and you MUST have a high aptitude skill level in mechanical operation, and mathematics. One of our Machines is called an Extruder, and it literally places a Nylon coating on Electrical cables to a desired length. An Extruder operator must be able to multi-task, and yet can focus on the finished product with zero defects. CNC operators, Machinists, RF Press operators, and Injection Molding machine operators are good examples of the types of candidates that Southwire is looking for.
Each candidate who applies will be given an ability assessment test, that will determine a baseline of the skills needed to perform the job of basic machine operator. From there we will provide a technical interview to see if you are the type of person who has what it takes to work at Southwire within it’s Manufacturing Division.
Candidates applying for machine Operation position must understand that they will be physically working in a Warehouse Environment, and will constantly be moving.
Must have: High School diploma or equivalent, be able to pass a drug screen and background check, and pass a Southwire Assessment test designed of the above type work.
Fast paced Manufacturing Machine operations, or equivalent experience. (I.E: Military Hydraulics Specialist, working in large hanger, with lots of aircraft being serviced).
Southwire Company Background:
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is North America's largest wire and cable producer. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, utility products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. For more on Southwire's products, its community involvement and its vision of sustainability, visit www.southwire.com and www.southwiretools.com
Machine Operator Production
Machine operators are responsible for safely operating the machines at the highest possible efficiency while tracking production and scrap. They are responsible for keeping the area clean and organized as well as effectively communicating any problems with the machines, product or the department to the shift supervisor. This position may also require crossover training within the department.
- Report to the shift supervisor with regard to any issues on their machine, product or department.
- Monitoring how the machine is running and fixing any minor problems.
- Understanding and following all safety precautions and startup/shutdown procedures.
- Track all pertinent information: initial scrap, product quality, cases produced.
- Complete start up and shutdown checklist on a daily basis.
- Operate the machine in a way that eliminates down time and boosts efficiency.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Understanding and following pertinent SQF regulations.
- Ability to run the machine in accordance to customer specs.
- Achieve daily production goals set by area supervisor.
- Knowledge of customer specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) Required. Associate’s Degree a plus
- 3 or more years of production experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Computer proficiency required with data entry experience preferred
- Willingness to be responsible for company property
- Basic mechanical ability
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work in a warehouse environment at a range of cooler temperatures
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and attention to detail.
- Bilingual a plus
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to loud noise
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Heavy Forklift Traffic
- Position requires standing, walking and bending on a regular basis on concrete flooring
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
Fabric Production Machine Operator
We are seeking a Fabric Production Machine Operator to join our team! You will process fabric and ensure excellent quality control. We are looking to fill 1st and 3rd shifts.
- Retrieve dye directions from computer
- Read and understand dyeing/production instructions
- Handle chemicals and dyes using appropriate personal protective equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Ability to communicate with peers and supervisors about processing problems
- Ability to stand for most of the shift
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking skills, and basic math skills
- Ability to handle physical workload: lift 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Work 8-12 hour shifts and Saturdays
Machine Operator - Production
*SIGN PRODUCTION OPERATOR OPENING*
Full and Part Time Positions Available
Imprint/sign production department: Tasks include metal type composition and operation of hot stamp imprinting machine as well as preparation and finishing of laser engraved signage. Applicants must possess ability to work independently, with extreme attention to detail. Will be working with small parts, requiring manual dexterity and excellent vision. Ability to follow and interpret a work-order a must. Language and communication skills also important. Mechanical aptitude a plus. CNC machine operation and CAD programming a plus. Clean environment. Will train the proper individual.
Must have a positive customer service attitude, a good strong work ethic, competent with English skills such as reading, writing, spelling and a dependable attendance record.
- Paid Vacation after 6 months
- IRA retirement
- Paid Holidays
In addition to our many sections of hotel supplies on the National Hospitality website, we also feature a hospitality section of restaurant supplies for the foodservice industry. Whatever your hotel, motel or restaurant needs are, your #1 source is National Hospitality Supply.
Production (Manufacturing) Machine Operator
This is a full-time, direct hire position
15 PAID VACATION DAYS A YEAR!
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely and efficiently produce product in accordance with the highest quality and quantity specifications in mind.
- Interact with GPA management, customer service, sales, warehouse and all other department in a respectful, helpful, and professional manner while performing daily responsibilities.
- Operate all assigned machinery in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the Company’s Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the assigned equipment is properly maintained and maintenance/production logs are accurately recorded.
- Inspect products for quality to prevent sub-standard product from being packaged and shipped.
- Use various equipment (cutter, packaging equipment, presses, and the computer) to get the job done.
- Maintain a clean work area in accordance with daily and weekly housekeeping standards.
- Maintain order status logs on the computer as well the “Daily Treatment Room Impression” worksheet.
- Ensure that all product in the treatment center and warehouse areas are staged for production or put-away are properly labeled and in the proper location.
- Ensure that the warehouse is aware of orders that are being produced for same-day shipment.
- Conduct warehouse activities as needed; processing of outbound orders through standardized shipping methods and the fulfillment of LTL, and UPS/FedEx orders as necessary.
- Provide backup support for material placement in the warehouse.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to fluently understand, speak, read, and write English
- General computer skills
- 1+ years of previous machine or press operation experience strongly desired
- Ability to lift and handle cartons weighing in excess of 50 pounds consistently throughout the day
- Ability to stand and walk for long hours at a time
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be able and willing to work overtime upon request
- Dependable- Arriving on time, with good overall attendance, and reliable transportation
- Cooperative- Pleasant towards others on the job and a cooperative attitude
- Adaptable- Able to quickly adjust to change
We do not offer relocation
GPA is an equal opportunity employer
We use E-Verify
All post-offer candidates will be subject to the successful completion of a background check (employment history verification, criminal record and education verification) and drug screen before they can begin employment.
No Phone calls please.
Our foundation is built on consistently delivering a wide variety of superior products at a great value. It is our continued focus on developing innovative solutions for label and specialty applications, combined with the commitment to provide the best products in the marketplace that has positioned us as the industry leader.
GPA is the market leader in substrate solutions for offset, digital and wide format printing, with a comprehensive offering of pressure sensitive papers, films, laser labels, eco-friendly substrates, digital and specialty papers, and more. GPA can introduce you to the substrates that are the foundation for today's most profitable applications.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!