Cigar Packer Job Description Sample
Server- Montecristo Lounge/Jr Cigar
Full time and or Part time Server wanted for our Whippany, NJ Montecristo Cigar Lounge and Bar located in JR Cigar Whippany.
We are seeking candidates with great customer service skills, friendly and pleasant personality. Good communication and the ability to work independently. Strong work ethic which includes trustworthiness and honesty.
Must be able to work flexible shifts. i
Experience is preferred
Compensation: Wage-plus tips
Retail Sales Clerk - Cigar Store
Part Time Sales Associate wanted for Premium Brand Cigar Store
We are looking for a team player with good customer service skills to work in a casual retail atmosphere. Candidate must be professional, presentable and personable with 1 year of retail sales background. Cigar and Vape knowledge a plus.
- Provides exceptional customer assistance in selecting and purchasing merchandise.- Operate cash register, point of service terminal, credit card, check purchases and cash transactions, issue receipts, and reconcile cash drawer.- Keeps the store well stocked and maintained for convenient shopping.- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends and holidays).- Effective communication skills and a positive attitude are required for this great opportunity.- Prior customer service or retail sales experience desired. Qualifications include: Reliable self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as part of a team. Strong work ethic which includes honesty and trust. Good communication and customer service. Pleasant and friendly personality.
*Please note this is a smoking environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V.
Cigar Sales Specialist (10755)
Overview: Applicants for this position must possess a thorough, in-depth knowledge of cigars.
A passion for the product is required along with superior customer service skills to drive sales within a specific department.
Assists in developing sales and providing assistance to customers. Continues to develop knowledge of store products.
Works as part of a team to keep the department and store organized and effectively merchandised; this includes moving, stocking and staging product. May be required to assist in other departments. Qualifications
Must be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of cigars. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and managers. Ability to repeatedly lift 40-50 pounds.
Ability to attend tasting events and sample product to better assist customers with their selections. Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as scheduled. SDL2017
Inspector Packer I
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
Manually inspects completed plastics parts and packs them into boxes for shipping. Seals boxes, prints labels and stacks full boxes on pallets. May operate machines. May train Inspector/Packer I’s. Operates in a safe manner and keeps work area clean and organized.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– In process inspection: Inspection consists of frequent examination of the visual attributes of each product (discoloration, shorts, burns, contamination sinks, splay, delamination, etc.
– Records data: Any information regarding the product or the performance of his or her duties that is deemed necessary by management.
– Packing: Preparation includes transferring the product from catch bins or boxes into shipping containers, transporting the product to the shipping area, properly weighing, properly completing and affixing correct label to container using SAP, preparing and supplying new or used boxes to the molding presses and stacking finished product correctly on pallets
– Maintains work area: Keep production and packing area clean. This includes sweeping floors, picking up stray molded parts, removing dust, dirt, grease or oil from molding presses, and cleaning up oil or water spills and leaks.
– Sorts and Reworks: Sorting and/or reworking product that does not conform to the customer requirements. Properly documents and labels to identify the status of non-conforming product. Sampling and gaging of reject product may also be required.
– Fosters teamwork within the company: Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments.
– Completes all required training as assigned
– Conducts all job functions in a safe manner
– Complies with all applicable state and federal safety and environmental regulations. Uses appropriate safety equipment as required.
– May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
– High School equivalency
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
SUMMARY: This position will operate plastic molding machines according to production standards. Maintain equipment and area in a clean, safe, and well-maintained manner. This position must be familiar with quality standards and procedures and strive to achieve high levels of quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pack bottles.
- Make boxes.
- Grind material.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Checks, at the beginning of shift, to make sure current operation meets safety, quality, and production standards.
- Maintains or exceeds quality and production standards.
- Ability to understand and use any necessary hand tools
- Should have technical aptitude to troubleshoot and problem solving basic machine issues
- Operate machines and secondary equipment (i.e. flamers, leak detectors, grinders, blenders, etc.)
- Promptly reports major quality or production problems.
- Ensure that all required documentation (e.g. shop packets, packaging instructions, etc.) are available for reference purposes, and that this documentation is correct with respect to the product being manufactured.
- Makes sure needed supplies (coloring, closures, cartons, correct labels are being used, etc.) and is readily available as per shop packet.
- Accurately complete production reports for each product being produced.
- Contributes positive suggestions or comments concerning quality, production, safety and housekeeping.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Individuals should have a high school diploma or GED and must have a basic understanding of math and reading, take initiative and work well, both by their self and a team.
You will be responsible for duties as assigned while performing a variety of functions in the packaging area of the production department. Those duties may include case packing, carton packing, inspecting, check weighing, labeling, box making, palletizing, and reworking product. The tasks will entail the use of standard packing machinery and procedures to pack and box various finished goods in cartons, bags, or containers.
As a Weigher/Packer, a typical day might include the following:
- Packing finished goods containers (bags, cartons, boxes, etc.) into finished cases.
- Inspecting finished product, as well as primary, and secondary packaging for defects (broken, doubles, count, poor seals, code dates, etc.) and
- Packing primary packages (bags, cartons, etc.) into finished Master Cases.
- Ensuring that all finished product meets, or exceeds, High Liner Foods (HLF) quality standards.
- Having a thorough understanding of HLF quality standards, 1st Pass Product quality and characteristics, and ability to sort out product which does not meet HLF standards.
- Reporting any condition which does not meet HLF standards.
- Working in a manner that enables HLF to produce the highest quality, safest, most cost efficient products possible.
- Knowing, understanding, and complying with all HLF Good Manufacturing Policies (GMP’s), Food Safety regulations and practices, and HLF Safety Rules.
This job might be for you if:
- Have the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in spoken English:
o High Liner Foods (USA), Inc. requires for safety, quality control and emergency procedures that all employees be proficient in English. This means they must be able to read and write as well as understand and communicate in spoken English. (This is not an English –Only rule. We recognize that English is not the first language for some of our employees. Translation services and assistance may be provided as needed however, all employees need to have a basic understanding of and proficiency in English.)
- May require the successful completion of a basic competency exam
- May require a high school diploma and six months to one year prior experience in a related field
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 24 lbs, 50lbs on occasion
- Occasionally pull/push 6 lbs to 24 lbs, 40lbs on occasion
- Repetitive motion of upper extremities
- Reach forward to product constantly
- Constant standing
- Repetitive fine motor (finger grasping) tasks
- Table height is 32”
- Conveyor height is 36-41”
- Shelving for scale is up to 56” high
In return for the experience you bring to the table, you will be given the opportunity to join a progressive, growing organization that has seen its revenue grow 270% in the last six years to almost $1.2B. With a reputation for excellence in North America and the global marketplace, you will have the professional benefits of a career with an international organization. This function is seen as a key piece of the corporate strategic plan, so you’ll also be given the opportunity to grow professionally and develop new skills as the organization continues to expand.
Offering a competitive compensation package coupled with a bonus, benefits and retirement plan, this is a chance for you to take the knowledge you’ve acquired in your career to date and have a real impact on the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran, or marital status, genetic information or other protected status, covered by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
High Liner Foods participates in E-VerifyTeam Player: Works well as a member of a group1- years: Previous manufacturing experience using hand/eye coordinationAbility to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Shows Initiative, Problem Solving Skills, Food Safety, Detailed
High Liner Foods is the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. Our retail branded products are sold throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico under the High Liner, Fisher Boy, Sea Cuisine and C. Wirthy labels, and are available in most grocery and club stores. We also sell branded products under the High Liner, Icelandic Seafood, and FPI labels to restaurants and institutions, and are a major supplier of private-label, value-added frozen seafood products to North American food retailers and foodservice distributors.
What simply sets us apart:
We are dedicated to radically simplifying the process of selecting, preparing and enjoying fish and seafood, for our clients, our consumers and everyone we do business with, everyone we partner with and at every point our business touches.
We are recognized as a global leader in driving best practice improvements in wild fisheries and aquaculture.
Our worldwide procurement expertise, supported by a state-of-the-art, Internet-based information management system, and coupled with a proficiency in frozen food logistics, all works towards greater efficiency and simplification.
We have strong relationships with every major supermarket chain, club store and foodservice distributor in Canada and the U.S. Our broad portfolio of recognized, trusted brands is shaped by consumer insights and is complemented by an unwavering dedication to providing excellent service and consistently superior customer satisfaction.
And, of course, flavor. Our innovative, award-winning seafood is at the forefront of the latest culinary trends but is always simple to prepare and enjoy.
High Liner is a publicly-traded Canadian company, trading under the symbol HLF on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and designated Shift Leads, this position is responsible for all aspects of packing finished plastic bags from the bag line into cartons and prepares them for shipping in order to safely produce high-quality bags in accordance with the job safety analyses (JSA’s), production schedule, set-up instructions, operating procedures, and quality specifications, etc.
Essential Functions & Key
- Understand and follow all JSA’s and safety procedures/policies
- Forms cartons and applies proper box label
- Constantly inspects finished product before it is packed into carton and notifies bag line operator of quality issues
- Weighs and numbers cases, fills out proper documentation
- Stacks finished product on pallet evenly and correctly
- Assists Converting Operator in all roll changes
- Checks all safety guards are in place and properly working at their station
- Performs quality checks and completes related documentation
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Assists Converting Operator as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen
- Ability to work 12 hour day and night rotating shifts
- Work overtime as required
- Satisfactorily complete training courses as determined by management
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with our without accommodation
Requirements include, but are not limited to
- Sitting (1-2 hours)
- Standing (Constantly- 12 hours or more)
- Walking (Constantly- 12 hours or more)
- Lifting (Regularly/Constantly):
- 0-10 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 10-20 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 100 lbs. or more (never)
- 10-20 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 100 lbs. (never)
- Pushing (Often- 8-10 hours or more)
- Pulling, Twisting, Climbing (Often- 8-10 hours or more)
- Balancing (Regularly/Constantly)
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crawling (Often - each 1-3 hours)
- Reaching, Grasping, Repetitive Motions (Regularly/Constantly each 8-10 hours
Warehouse Packer - Part Time
WAREHOUSE PACKER - PART TIME 12:30- 5:30 MONDAY - FRIDAY
Looking for reliable person to pack out orders.
Requires using judgement to determine an appropriate size box for the items going in, using judgement as to what , if anything, to put in to protect the items in the box from moving around, and using a tape gun to seal the box, keeping the picking ticket with the box and sending it to Shipping for labelling.
There is also some warehouse cleaning and parking lot cleaning chores. If you show the right work ethic, there could be extra hours given if you want them-not mandatory.
Need someone who will show up on time regularly, can stand on their feet most of the day, and can lift filled boxes that might be up to 50 lbs. We want someone with a positive attitude, someone who gets along well with people. Must speak English well. Must live within about 20 minute commute to Hauppauge Industrial Park (minutes off exit 53 or 55 on the LIE).
We welcome College Students who can work an afternoon schedule. Sometimes overtime is available if you want it. Not mandatory.
Send resume to apply. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU REALLY WANT FULL TIME WORK !!!
of employee health benefits.
This position is responsible for properly packaging products of acceptable quality to conform to customer standards while maintaining the normal and safe operation of the company’s automation equipment*. This position is also responsible for training and orientating newly hired IP’s as assigned by shift supervisor.
1. Perform in process inspections of product.
2. Monitor product quality and report any nonconformances.
3. Must be able to lift 50-60 lbs. regularly.
4. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
5. Must have good vision.
6. Must be able to pull finished product and 1200 lb. gaylords of
material using pallet jack.
7. Participate on problem solving teams.
8. Must use/wear correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
9. Must follow company rules, procedures and polices.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Prior manufacturing experience is desired.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Day shift 6:45AM-7PM, Night shift 6:45PM-7AM, 12 hour shifts
Rotating 3-2-2-3 Schedule! Only work half the month!
Days off during the week for Appointments.
Temp to hire after at least 90 days.
Keep in mind that workforce needs to be as consistent as possible!
Indoors Climate Controlled
Brent Flood is the safety manager Safety orientations are completed when associate’s start their assignment.
· Safety glasses, High Visibility Shirts provided, Ear Plugs, and Steel Toe Shoes
· Shirt with sleeves—no cut offs or tank tops
· Jeans or work pants with no holes—no shorts
· Close toed shoes
NO cell phones are to be on site (either leave in the car or at home.)
There is a 15 minute Safety meeting every morning
They are paid for their lunch therefore they must remain on the premises during break times
If they smoke, they CANNOT leave the butts on the ground.
· Benefit package to include vacation
· Career Ladder Advancement Opportunities
Picker Packer / Shiping AND Receiving
40 POSITIONS TO FILL TO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE------FULL TIME WORKERS NEEDED (ALSO SEEKING FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS ONLY) 1ST SHIFT // NEED RELIABLE AND RESPONSIBLE WORKERS TO START ASAP IN FONTANA NEAR 60FWY AND ETIWANDA. CLIENT IS SEEKING TO HIRE PERMANENT ON YOU OVERALL WORK ETHICS, REALIABILITY AND FLEXIBILITY TO WORK DEMAND AS NEEDED.
APPLICATIONS: 13423 SANTA ANA AVE FONTANA CA 92337 10AM TO 3PM MONDAY THRU THURSDAY
2ND SHIFT IS SCHEDULED TO START LAST WEEK OF AUGUST.
- WORK SCHEDULES ARE GIVEN 1-2 WKS PRIOR
- MUST HAVE GREAT ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
- FULL TIME EMPLOYEES - 40 HRS REGULAR, CAN OR MAY WORK OVERTIME DURING THE WEEK, WEEKENDS AND/OR HOLIDAYS
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A NEGATIVE DRUG TEST
- CLEAR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- WILL BE ON 90 DAY PROBATION PERIOD THRU PDP. CLIENT SEEKING TO HIRE PERMANENT
To help every person find their purpose!
Purpose Driven Personnel is a company founded by wholesome old school ethics coupled with up to date new age technology. The founding members have over 75 years of staffing experience, and with that type of experience backing it, a company can be a true partner with its customers. We know our responsibility in the staffing industry is to partner with our customers, both those looking for employees, and those looking for work, because if we run out of either we are in trouble! Our mission is To bring ethics back to an industry founded in helping people and we take that seriously. So, if you are looking for work, for people, or just some good friends in business, give us a call; we would really like to meet you!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!