Cigarette And Filter Chief Inspector Job Description Sample
Inter-Continental Trading USA Inc. is a consumer product goods company who manufactures Roll Your Own Tobacco, Pipe Tobacco, Cigarette Tubes and Filter Cigars. The Company also is a importer of other Roll Your Own Products.
We’re looking for an experienced Controller to bring passion, work ethic and expertise needed to streamline accounting processes at a fast-growing company. The right candidate will be a self-starter and able to manage operational tasks as well as setup internal controls for the department. Inter-Continental Trading USA INC. is looking for a smart individual that is looking to build upon the basic processes in our accounting department and move us to the next level.
- Establish internal templates and formalize processes related to financial reporting
- Research and implement a more online accounting approach that integrates within our current sales platforms
- Works with managers and owners to develop short and long range business plans for the company.
- Establishes and implements short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Manages the month-end and year-end close, continually improving these processes.
- Advises from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the company may enter.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the company.
- Prepares quarterly statements and other requested documents for outside agencies (bank, accounting firm etc.) as requested. Answers inquiries upon request.
- Prepares the year end work paper papers required by the Accounting firm necessary for a reviewed set of financial statements, including footnotes.
- Evaluates all accounting processes and procedures, identifies opportunities for process improvements, recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain current accounting practices.
- Manages the performance of direct reports. Provides prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Ensures that appropriate training is provided for all direct reports.
- Prepares financial statements and provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible accounting and controller-level experience; Consumer product industry preferred.
- Solid foundation of accounting experience; exposure to administrative and operational budgeting and forecasting.
- Previous experience leading an audit, ideal.
- Deep understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting
- Ability to read and identify errors with Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak to, corporate leadership, partners, and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers
- Ability to work independently and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to see all tasks through to completion, consistently, with a high attention to detail
- Experience with QuickBook Enterprise a plus
We also offer advancement opportunities and a benefits package that includes health, vacation, performance reviews and 401K.
Inter-Continental Trading USA Inc.
1601 Algonquin Road
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!