Cigarette Inspector Job Description Sample
Electronic Cigarette Consultant
Job Functions Responsible for providing high quality customer service to all patrons; seasoned and beginner Follow daily cleaning and organizing procedures listed in the Employee Manual Ensure the proper tracking, sales, and restocking of products and juice Oversee the cleanliness and presentation of the store Perform inventory write-offs, product returns, and filing defective item reports Accurately and carefully troubleshooting customer products Preferred Knowledge and Skills At least one year of prior retail work experience At least one year of customer service experience Extensive knowledge of vapor products and e-liquid strongly preferred Strong organizational skills Strong communication skills Sense of initiative
Cigarette Stamp Operator - 3Rd Shift
This position is responsible for operating and monitoring an automated cigarette tax-stamping machine.
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Identify and understand numerical sequencing.
* Identify product and appropriate tax stamps.
* Send cigarette cartons through an automated machine that stamps, repacks and returns them to conveyor.
* Monitor automated line and stamp machine to ensure smooth operation.
* Monitor and properly report any cigarette package or carton damages.
* Maintain a sense of urgency, accuracy and quality of work-within Engineered Labor Standards- to ensure accurate product and shipments.
* Maintain a clean work environment.
* Continuously stand at a machine while stamping product, using two hands for stamping and stabilizing.
* Use correct lifting practices while loading and unloading product to stamping machine and / or conveyor.
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Continually meet assigned production standards.
* Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
* Comply with company attendance policy.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
* Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38 F to 110 F.
* Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
A teammate in this position must:
* Have High School Diploma or GED.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Have good communication skills.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
* This position requires the teammate to work inside majority of the time.
* This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
* Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
Associated topics: baler, boxing, carton, foam, fold, gluer, label, pack, packing, straw sealing
Inspector / In-Process Build Inspector / Orlando, FL
Inspector performs final inspections on electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical, electro-optical and other mechanical, composite and integrated systems. Ascertains functionability in accordance with prescribed company and customer requirements and specifications and may present to the customer for certification and acceptance prior to shipment.
Prefer computer network application experience, engineering record retention systems to obtain and accomplish inspection planning and acceptance. Works from prints, engineering drawings, and specifications. Utilizes a variety of inspection instruments and gages to assist in comprehensive inspection.
Requests removals and replacements of malfunctioning and faulty parts and rejects or requests rework, as described herein. Stamps or otherwise approves systems and integrated systems as acceptable, obtains customer approval, and prepares and maintains paperwork and records. Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement between Lockheed Martin and the UAW.
Basic Qualifications Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret clearance. Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement. Prior Inspection and/or Quality experience.
Computer skills, solder and cable & harness experience. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications. Desired skills Working knowledge of Manufacturing and Quality systems and processes.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Construction Inspector And Sr. Inspector
Description: Construction Inspector and Senior Inspector - immediate openings in the Harrisonburg, VA area for qualified transportation Construction Inspectors and Senior Inspectors, on locality and VDOT projects.
The Inspector is responsible for managing and performing daily construction management and inspection services for various types of VDOT and locality transportation projects. Must have significant experience in roadway/bridge construction, have VDOT certifications, have experience with the VDOT LAP Manual, be proficient at reading and interpreting plans, specifications, and shop drawings as well as overseeing construction document controls and enforcing contract compliance.
- Duties and responsibilities may include: construction management; performing field inspection of Contractor's operations to see that they comply with contract documents; preparing daily and weekly reports on work accomplished by Contractor; performing materials testing and maintaining testing logs; reviewing periodic pay estimates for accuracy with Contractor; preparing sketches and assembling data for Engineer's use in making changes to the project; keeping diaries and making reports on work accomplished and/or noted deficiencies; performing sophisticated, complicated mathematical calculations; reviewing Contractor schedules including initial CPM and monthly updates; communicating effectively with the Engineer, Owner and Owner's operational and field staff on a regular basis, keeping them apprised of field conditions and maintaining active communications and excellent rapport with the Owner and the entire project team throughout the construction process.
- Years of Experience Inspector: Minimum of three (3) years of specific field construction inspection experience in the specified areas listed below.
Senior Inspector: Minimum of six (6) years of specific field construction inspection experience in the specified areas listed below. Educational Requirements
High School Diploma or State Equivalency Certificate. Bachelor's Degree or other advanced certificate desirable. Inspection Skills
Applicants must have demonstrated inspection and management experience with roadway and bridge construction, utility construction, and related pavement rehabilitation projects requiring monitoring a contractor's work for conformance to the design plans, specifications and general permit requirements; experience in coordinating inspection duties with multiple simultaneously operating crews; experience tracking daily quantities, completing daily inspection reports, performing monthly estimates and as-built drawings. Additional Training or Certifications
VDOT materials certifications including Asphalt, Concrete, Soils and Aggregate and Pavement Marking. ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I certification desired.
Erosion & Sediment control certification (i.e., DEQ Inspector's Certification) and Intermediate Work Zone Safety/ATSSA TCS. Applicant must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. Other skill-sets required include good communication skills; the ability to read/interpret plans and specifications; writing and drawing skills necessary to complete inspection reports and documentation.
In addition, basic computer skills (Word & Excel) are desirable. Benefits: WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer:
Competitive salary, Leave accrual and paid holidays, Healthcare benefits, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Free parking. WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws. Number of Openings: 1 Attached Document: No documents attached for this position
Position Type:* Full-Time
Position Location:* Harrisonburg, VA
Position Title:* Construction Inspector and Sr. Inspector
Travel:* Position Dependent
Required Education:* High School Diploma
Years of Experience:* 3-6
Lead-Based Paint Inspector Technician/ Visual Inspector
Compliance and Sustainable Services Group - Lead-based Paint Inspector Technician/ Visual Inspector
CONNOR is a Baltimore, Maryland based Environmental Compliance Design and Real Estate Due Diligence firm. Formed in 1991, CONNOR has grown to 20 professionals, providing services in over 20 states. We provide a full range of compliance services including but not limited to: inspections, risk assessments, treatment design, closure documentation, due diligence, and staff training. Our specialized marketplaces include Aerial Services – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAVs) and Forensics Services (Property Damage and Bodily Injury). Satellite or remote work locations include Mount Pleasant, SC, and Stamford, CT.
CONNOR seeks Lead-based Paint Inspector Technicians/ Visual Inspectors to primarily support our Compliance and Sustainable Group in the Baltimore/Washington market. Initial focus will be on our lead-based paint activities with chance to cross train into other areas. CONNOR offers the training you'll need to succeed. As a whole, the company is committed to ensuring that every person is actively working towards bettering the company, our product, as well as, benefiting personally and professionally. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including company health care, 401(k), flexible medical spending accounts, flexible dependent care accounts, and paid vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Ability to work with CONNOR Management System (project software package). Training will be provided.
Ability to operate without daily direct supervision.
Ability to work a full day on the subject property and proof your work in the evening.
Ability to be responsible for your own actions.
Ability and desire to be the best at what you do.
Ability to function in a team environment to ensure the successful completion of a project. Work hours as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Conduct yourself in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Wear company provided uniforms.
Produce accurate and reliable data.
Maintain/protect company equipment/materials – prevent loss from theft or damage.
Daily regional travel within the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan area.
Any and all other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Ability to communicate with the general public.
Ability to manage your time and schedule.
Ability to work in urban communities.
Entry level position which requires an average to above-average computer proficiency (i.e. Windows O.S. and Windows Office applications).
Must be able to commute daily to both Baltimore and the District of Columbia metropolitan area, as necessary. Reliable self-provided transportation is a must.
Must be able to commute daily to greater Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan Area as necessary. Reliable self-provided transportation is a must.
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently; stellar communication skills; strong attention to detail; advanced writing and review skills; technical familiarity; proficiency in time management; strong teamwork ability; mindful of deadlines and event dates; and task oriented.
Education (Documentation will be required)
High School graduate with some college preferred but prior Environmental or Construction experience can offset college preferences
Successful completion of the program training course, homework assignments and course exam EACH with a test score of greater than or equal to 80%.
- Maryland Lead-based Paint Inspector and Visual Paint Inspector licenses within three months of employment.
- Attend protocol refresher training in accordance with the schedule and pass protocol training with a test score of greater than 80%.
- Reliable automobile and proof of current automobile insurance.
Other licenses/certifications as determined by the Department Head or Operations Manager.
Compensation: $28,000.00/year – Salaried Full time.
Benefits (In accordance with CONNOR policy):
- Free Parking
- CONNOR uniforms
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave
- Mileage reimbursement
Surveillance Inspector 2 – Underground Civil Construction Inspector (Isu2)
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution Southern California Edison’s (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts.
Position overview This position will be a Surveillance Inspector (ISU2) in the Underground Civil Construction & Inspection Division within Southern California Edison (SCE)’s Transmission & Distribution Organizational Unit. The Successful candidate will inspect the installation of conduit, structures, and related components for compliance with Edison, State, County, and Local standards and administer contracts at the field level.
Assigning work to SCE’s contractors and reviewing contractor daily reports for accuracy, resolves issues, and approves changes.
Documenting the location of installed facilities on as-built drawings and preparing required supporting documents in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
Coordinating changes to projects in accordance with contract documents and/or department policies and procedures with both internal and external customers.
Collaboratively tasking projects with contractors and providing technical support to Local and Tech Planning.
Documenting status of work as required and providing notification to appropriate customers.
Preparing and delivering reports to management as required.
Interfacing with both internal personnel and outside agencies; making decisions in the field which may have a major impact on the efficiency of field crews and work order closings.
Administering purchase orders/contracts at the field level.
Remaining on-call and providing support as needed.
Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Four or more years’ of experience performing surveillance and inspections, or civil construction, or civil engineering, or civil drafting.
Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Experience evaluating the effectiveness of projects, including monitoring progress, reallocating resources, reporting on status, and implementing changes as needed.
Experience performing inspections, including providing technical support, identifying compliance issues, and providing corrective recommendations.
Experience coordinating activities between the Company and contractors, including assigning work, monitoring projects, and reviewing field dailies for accuracy.
Two or more years of experience managing multiple tasks with conflicting schedules and limited time lines.
Experience documenting installed facilities locations on as-built drawings and preparing supporting documentation.
Experience preparing and delivering reports to subordinates, peers, and/or management.
Experience with utility underground construction practices, specifications and requirements, including the Underground Structures (UGS) Manual, GO128 and related industry standards.
Ability to present technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience integrating work across relevant areas, developing the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, managing risks and safety appropriately, developing and executing business plans, managing information, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Experience with resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The selected candidate will be required to travel to other Edison locations within assigned district. Up to 75% travel in company vehicle.
Relocation does not apply to this position.
This position may require on-call duties.
Link to Mobility Policy Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years. Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY).
Title:Surveillance Inspector 2 – Underground Civil Construction Inspector (ISU2)
Quality Control Inspector / Final Inspector
Experience / Qualifications
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Aerospace Industry. Experience with Sikorsky, Pratt & Whitney, Bell and Government Agencies would be a plus.
Must be fluent in blueprint reading and GD&T.
Must have a working knowledge of material and customer specifications, the ability to interpret requirements and the verification of the requirements. Experience with Flight Safety, ESA & VSE parts is a plus.
Must be proficient in gaging use, inspection methods and a good background in metrology.
CMM experience on Brown & Sharp CMMs with PC-DMIS and Brown & Sharp Validator CMM is preferred and would be a plus, but may not be required.
Must have sound computer skills and good organizational skills.
Must have good communication skills. A background in customer self-release programs would be a plus and is required for the Final Inspector position.
Daily in-process and final inspection of components and assemblies.
CMM operation as required.
Receiving of raw material and machined parts.
Set up of gaging to support manufacturing and calibration.
Developing and preparing inspection methods plans.
Preparing FAIs for OEM & USG source inspections.
Internal audit activities.
RCCA activities internally and externally.
- Competitive salary
- Medical including vision and prescriptions
- Dental Insurance
- Fully paid Life, AD&D, STD insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Simple IRA with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days
- Employee referral program
All Positions at Cambridge Specialty Company require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Building Inspector Housing Home Inspector Maintenance
Premium Properties & Development (www.premiumpd.com), established in 2002, is a full service property management and real estate investment & development firm. Currently, we manage over 800 (mostly residential) units in the Berkeley and Oakland areas.
We are currently seeking to hire a full time experienced Housing Inspector to fill the open position. The job includes inspecting the buildings daily, monthly and all individual units annually to comply with the residential housing safety program, identify deferred maintenance, code violations and health and safety issues. The position will also help identify and develop solutions to solve complex maintenance problems.
Working much of the time out in the field, the position conducts both simple and in-depth inspections of the structures and all their components from building envelop, drainage, utilities, systems and components, ect.
To qualify, you must possess two years of journey level experience as a building or housing inspector or four (4) years of experience in sub-journey level building or housing inspection activities, or such as a housing inspector or have certifications a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC. or have 10 years as a general contractor.
• CA Driver's License, smart phone and a working and reliable Vehicle. (We provide monthly reimbursement) and must live in the general vicinity.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience "hands on" construction background. Extra consideration to those with multi-trade experience such as a general contractor.
• Candidates with Inspection certification from a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC.
• Basic proficiency with a variety of computer interfaces and software including word processing, databases, internet and email.
• Good written and verbal skills; interpersonal skills relating to customer service are necessary.
• Possessing a full range of physical abilities essential for various tasks including but not limited to: climbing ladders, being on roofs, climbing stairs, crawling through tight spaces, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and or driving.
• Applicants will be required to submit to a background check; no felony convictions as each applicant must be bondable. Ability to pass drug test screening.
• Candidates should be motivated, self-starting, energetic, and organized with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Ideal Candidates Will Possess:
• Investigative inspection and documentation skills.
• Knowledge of construction methods and techniques, and building codes
• Experience accurately creating, reviewing, and maintaining records and reports
• Strong customer service/resident relation skills, friendly and helpful, even with difficult people.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, with management, residents, employees and vendors.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a sometimes hectic, always fast paced working environment, handle multiple competing priorities tasks and meet assigned deadlines with little supervision.
Compensation & Hours:
This is a long-term career position, the hours for this position are Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 9:00pm-6:00pm. As a valued employee, you will be entitled to full benefits package including, medical, and dental, 401K with employer match, vacation, and holidays.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to attention: Housing Inspection Position. PLEASE NO ATTACHMENTS TO EMAILS. PLEASE EMBED YOUR APPLICATION INTO THE EMAIL. ANY EMAILS WITH ATTACHMENTS WILL BE DELETED. . . SORRY!
Inspector - Roof Inspector / Construction
National roof consulting firm is seeking highly skilled and motivated certified inspector with excellent communication skills. Individual must have experience with client management, cost estimating, technical specifications and project management / quality control of commercial roofing projects. The position requires hands-on roofing experience and excellent knowledge of the roofing industry. We are a drug free work place, therefore testing is a requirement for employment.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
· Knowledgeable of installation of different roofing systems is essential
· Ability to identify deficiencies on existing roofing systems and recommend proposed solutions
· Excellent organization & communication skills
· Proficient using a laptop computer and MS Office software
· Ability to create / write a detailed project inspection report
· Ability to travel up to 5 days a week
· Capable of managing / overseeing multiple roofing projects from pre-bid / preconstruction thru final inspection
· RRO certification required
· 3- 5 years of experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Physically able to climb ladders
Please submit resume with salary requirements
Certified Asbestos Building Inspector (Cabi) / Environmental Compliance Inspector
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure.
As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia. Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!