Cigarette Making Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Bag Making Machine Operator
Job Description Starting at $14.27/hr with $.45 shift differential The Bag Making Machine Operator is responsible for operating Machines which convert printed and unprinted semi-finished film into bags according to customer specifications. Operate bag machine equipment in a safe manner.
While performing all job duties, safe work practices must be maintained at all times. Wear all required PPE. Inspect bags for defects and quality issues.
Fold cartons, load rolls of film, change rolls of tape, and setup orders on machine. Operate a hoist/use the strap in safe manner Maintain product quality and standards, send bag samples when required. Record all measurements on production paperwork and test results on tester paperwork.
Perform clearance work on tagged cartons. Notify area supervision when machine is down for 15 minutes or more due to mechanical and/or quality issues. Report all unsafe operating conditions on the bag machine, or tester, to the Finishing Area Supervisor.
Understand and follow all JSA-s, and Product Safety guidelines. Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Understand and maintain Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSIs) Understand and follow cleaning schedules, (including vacuuming, sweeping, and cleaning hot water tanks) keep work area neat and clean. Relieve other machines for breaks and meetings.
May have to run 2 machines depending on production needs. On occasion, job duties other than those specifically listed above will be assigned
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Cigarette Stamp Operator - 3Rd Shift
This position is responsible for operating and monitoring an automated cigarette tax-stamping machine.
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Identify and understand numerical sequencing.
* Identify product and appropriate tax stamps.
* Send cigarette cartons through an automated machine that stamps, repacks and returns them to conveyor.
* Monitor automated line and stamp machine to ensure smooth operation.
* Monitor and properly report any cigarette package or carton damages.
* Maintain a sense of urgency, accuracy and quality of work-within Engineered Labor Standards- to ensure accurate product and shipments.
* Maintain a clean work environment.
* Continuously stand at a machine while stamping product, using two hands for stamping and stabilizing.
* Use correct lifting practices while loading and unloading product to stamping machine and / or conveyor.
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Continually meet assigned production standards.
* Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
* Comply with company attendance policy.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
* Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38 F to 110 F.
* Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
A teammate in this position must:
* Have High School Diploma or GED.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Have good communication skills.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
* This position requires the teammate to work inside majority of the time.
* This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
* Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
Associated topics: baler, boxing, carton, foam, fold, gluer, label, pack, packing, straw sealing
United States Duncan: Entry Level Machine Operator - Senior Machine Operator
United States Duncan: Entry Level Machine Operator - Senior Machine Operator
Jan 5, 2018
Location: Duncan, OK, US, 73533 We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Working under close supervision, sets up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machine tools which may include numerical control/computerized numeric control lathes, mills, drills, computerized numerical control/numerical control and/or manual machines.
May be required to read blueprints, perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations, and perform inspection procedures to verify work.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills typically acquired through 1 year of related machining experience. Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Associate Machine Operator through Sr. Machine Operator. Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location 100 E Halliburton, Duncan, Oklahoma, 73533, United States
Requisition Number: 46373
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line:
Supply Chain Mgmt Full Time / Part Time:
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation Information Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Machinist, Equipment Operator, Supply, Inspector, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality
Machine Operator - Packaging Machine - Req. ID 13021
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
$1.50 Shift Premium for Night Shift
To be considered, please apply directly at www.harlandclarke.com. Click "About Us" > Click "Careers" > Enter Req. ID 13021.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of the Automated Close-Out System, maintaining quality, and production objectives. Sample and monitor product quality coming off the system, making modifications as needed. Troubleshoot packaging system performance and quality issues, correcting, and stabilizing performance as issues occur.
- Basic computer and mechanical skills essential
- Strong communication and problem solving skills- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Production priority decisions relating to maintenance and quality.- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must pass our employment drug and background screens
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts (Day or Night Shift)
- Must be able to stand during 12 hour shift.
14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
$1.50 Shift Premium for Night Shift
Paid 30 minute lunch and two paid 15-minute breaks
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K after 30 days
Paid Time Off after 45 days
To be considered, apply directly at www.harlandclarke.com. Click "About Us" > Click "Careers" > Enter Req. ID 13021.
Distribution Warehouse is currently seeking machine operators to run our cigarette stamping
Machines. Successful candidates must have prior machine operator or machine setup experience and must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
Position involves adjusting air pressures and stamp die and glue heat settings candidate will also
be responsible for offset and spring adjustments
Candidate must be able to use hand tools and communicate with the maintenance dept.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to cleaning the machines completing daily logs
trouble shooting machines.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Slitter Operator - Machine Operator
Set up and run a slitter in the Finishing Department. This position is 3rd shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set the slitter up to order specifications.
- Run slitter at maximum rate based on quality restrictions.
- Weigh and wrap all finished product from slitter.
- Weigh and wrap all finished product from the press department.
- Properly fill out all paperwork for slitter production.
- Do any required preventative maintenance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. During the summer, plant temperatures can become excessively hot. We manufacture plastic bags for the food and consumer markets and also print on the packaging. Non-toxic solvents and chemicals are used in this facility.
- High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- 1 or more years of machine, press, slitter or other manufacuturing operator experience
- Ability to communicate in written and oral in English.
- Basic mathematical concepts.
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Good normal or corrected vision. Cannot be color blind.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds frequently, 3-5 times per hour, remove rolls and shafts from equipment and weigh and put on skid for an eight hour shift.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!