Cigarette Tester Job Description Sample
Making Specialist - SFT - Cigarette Manufacturing - 3Rd Shift
Date: Nov 29, 2018
Location:Oxford, NC, US
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We're a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other's growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you'll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is within Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company—the manufacturer of Natural American Spirit.
This position is responsible for efficiently operating production equipment and ensuring that manufacturing machinery is maintained in a manner that facilitates production of high quality products in the safest, most efficient and cost-effective manner. This position requires the understanding and following of work instructions and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Efficiently operates assigned cigarette packing/making equipment.
Continually monitors product quality on all applicable equipment.
Performs daily troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance for on-line production machinery.
Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
Performs planned maintenance, preventive maintenance, and overhaul duties for emergency breakdowns on operations equipment.
Assists in planning and implementation of predictive maintenance initiatives.
Orders parts via SAP.
Assists with parts and machine fabrication and performs repairs to a high level of precision.
Assists with equipment installation and start up procedures to ensure project timelines are met and downtime is minimal.
High school degree or equivalent required
- Reading for Information or Workplace Documents @ Level 5
- Applied Math @ Level 4
- Graphic Literacy @ Level 4
- Workplace Observation @ Level 2
Applicants will be required to supply WorkKeys Assessment scores.
Prior Industrial maintenance mechanic with 3-4 years' experience required
Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and/or exploded diagrams.
Basic mathematical skills with knowledge of metric and standard tools and conversions.
Use of calipers and other precision measuring devices
Must successfully complete appropriate machine operator training program and Mechanic Level I
Microsoft Office suite, ERP system (SAP, MES)
Bend, lift up to 75 lbs.
Regular attendance at work.
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Confidential personal financial counseling service
A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
Health-care advocacy service
Volunteer service opportunities
Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Junior Software Tester
Must be US Citizen and clearable for Secret clearance. Pay range from $35,000 to $55,000 with full benefits, but will depend on experience.
- Collaborate with developers and Product Owners to develop test plans and test cases.
- Conduct testing to ensure solutions meet requirements and design.
- Document and track issues in Team Foundation Server.
- Attend Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and daily Scrum meetings.
- Provide testing estimates.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the education and experience listed below:
- A minimum of 1 year related/relevant experience is required.
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- One year of experience identifying and solving technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold an active US SECRET Clearance.
- US Citizenship is required per contract and for clearance eligibility.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and Agile methodologies.
- Software Testing skills
- Experience Writing Test Plans
Japanese Web Application QA Tester
- Have knowledge of testing strategies/methodologies that can be applied in websites and web application testing.
- Comprehends the full scope of a web application or website to develop applicable and comprehensive testing procedures.
- Applies appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans, test cases, conduct manual tests.
- Provides feedback on cause and effect of bugs and errors in a given test situation.
- Provides clear and concise feedback on bugs, usability and other test findings/results.
- Implements a work-flow standard for the full project life-cycle.
- Distinguishes between user error and actual application bugs.
- Defines project expectations and timelines for deliverables to fellow team members.
- Monitors and maintains lab machines regularly with software updates and upgrades.
- Identify and advocate QA testing standards and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
read and (and preferably write) basic automation code
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for results in a respectful and constructive manner
- Knowledge of testing tools (like Selenium, QTP, other) preferred but not required)
- Experience with devices (iPhone, iPad, android etc.) preferred.
- Experience with defect tracking systems preferred.
- Basic HTML, CSS, coding knowledge preferred.
- Technical certification in a computer or web related field; or, equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated QA skills such as test planning, writing test specifications, ad hoc and planned test execution, bug isolation, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Working knowledge of web design and web programming preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows operating systems, MAC and Mobile devices.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluency in Japanese
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to provide solutions.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively with other team members.
Rate: $17-19 per hour
(No Corp to Corp or visa sponsorship at this time)
Jr. Tester With Selenium
Duration: Long term
In-person Interview is MUST
Description of Work:
· Designs test plans for complex distributed systems in accordance with overall testing strategy
· Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and execute manual and automated test scripts
· Develop and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
· Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results
· Regularly leads team through preparing and estimation sessions to define acceptance criteria, ensures that the team's
acceptance criteria for stories and tasks is appropriate and being met universally
· Quality Assurance to ensure full functional testing of new features being added every sprint, as well as full regression
testing for all previously implemented functionality in every sprint
· Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing Automation efforts
· Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test object developed and test environments used
· Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide weekly and monthly status to the
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and 0 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 0 years of relative experience, or 4 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
· 1 years of experience in developing and maintaining automated testing framework and infrastructure.
· 1 years of experience with Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, and SQL Server
· 6 months of experience with Unit Testing tools such as Junit, TestNG, and Cucumber.
· 6 months of experience in developing automated test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, acceptance criteria, test data, investigating, and debugging test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary.
· 6 months of Core Java technical expertise including JEE, Frameworks (Struts, Spring), object oriented design and design pattern.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
· Experience in working in an Agile Development environment and automating application developed in Agile Development environment.
· Experience in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
· Experience in capturing and reusing automated Unit Test cases, Test Stubs and Drivers and other development test objects
· Experience in using risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute automated test suites to perform automated dynamic testing
· Understanding of build tools like Maven, ANT.
· Understanding of version control tools like Git, SVN
· Understanding of Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Docker
· Understanding of AWS.
· Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building
· Proficient in MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint
· Experience in using VersionOne and HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
· Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Object-oriented programming skills
- Good experience in all stages of Performance Testing Life cycle
- Solid work experience in scripting, test execution and results analysis using Rational Performance Tester tool
- Experience with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics etc.
- Knowledge on Guidewire technologies is a plus
- Knowledge on Insurance domain is a plus
- Effective coordination between Onsite-Offshore
- Excellent client Interaction skills and ability to lead and manage projects independently
- Six plus years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- Proven experience designing, building, and maintaining end-to-end testing processes and technical solutions
- Proven experience designing, building, and maintaining automated testing processes and technical solutions
- Must display skill and experience in working with customers to manage successful user acceptance testing
- Experience mentoring or supervising other quality assurance staff
- Experience working within an agile methodology framework/environment is necessary
- Proven experience generating iterative testing plans and visual metrics is necessary
- Agile certification is a plus
- Experience in multiple agile roles is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills testing
API Tester // Immediate Placement
Kansas City, MO
Any Visa fine
Need Passport Number
It’s very important that the person have at least one year of experience working with API’s and Web Services.
- Relevant experience minimum 4 years in Manual testing
- Experience in Web Application Testing is a must.
- Hands-on in Webservices testing with Rest is required.
- Experience in banking domain will be added advantage.
- Experience with agile methodology.
- Basic exposure to security testing is expected (accessing same URLs across different roles/users etc.)
- Experience in Functional Testing is mandatory.
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC and STLC phases and testing methodologies, processes
- Expertise in designing, writing and executing the test cases.
- Must have knowledge of logging and tracking defects using a test management tool
- Ability to interact with clients and the ability to work independently and within a team is essential.
916-646-2080 EXT 222
Full Time Opportunity
What are we looking for?
An experienced Quality Assurance Software Test Engineer to guide the team in terms of test automation. It is your responsibility to support an Agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high-quality automated testing solutions that ensure our product meets customer expectations.
This is a hands-on, technical position, and as the QA Tester you must demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and excellent problem-solving skills. A deep understanding of automated testing concepts and professional experience creating automated test scripts is required.
If you are an eager Tester with the ability to learn new skills and technology – we want to talk to you!
- 3+ years of web application or mobile application test experience – mobile experience is a plus
- Not looking for a coder, but definitely want a QA Tester with good understanding of coding
- Strong automation experience with Selenium – Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha, Junit will work
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Build Systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Knowledge and experience in documenting test plans and test cases
- Work closely with scrum team members to evangelize the value of producing a high-quality product throughout the entire SDLC
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria
- Create test plans, test cases and automation based on user stories and true business intent
- Develop modular and robust automated test scripts and infrastructure to ensure maintainability, extensibility and scalability
- Conduct test case and test script reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture functionality
- Communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written forms
- Continuously make improvements to agile processes, testing practices and QA methods
QA Tester - Must Be US Citizen.
QA Tester is an integral member of the product development and delivery team. He/She will collaborate with Business Analysts, Infrastructure Engineers, Developers, Support Analysts and fellow QA Analysts to define and execute test cases and test plans of institutional trading systems. This includes testing of new releases, features, hardware upgrades, and liaising with team members to test functionality according to specifications and standards as well as resolve issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
QA Analyst is responsible for ensuring test cases and plans are comprehensive and complete, and issues tracked and reported. He/She should be able to take an analytical approach to testing – understand business processes (front-to-back) and the testing required to support system changes and implementation of any new functionality.
· Manage the full testing life-cycle including getting, compiling, deploying and testing code
· Involvement in various phases of testing including system, unit, and regression testing in Linux and Windows environments
· conduct manual testing
· Document, track, and communicate test plans
· Execute test scripts, analyze test results and identify unresolved issues
· Establish benchmarks for program response times
· Identify required testing efforts and provide testing estimates
· Install, maintain, and use testing software programs to conduct compatibility tests (including hardware, operating systems, and network environments, etc.)
1+ years of QA testing Manual.
1+ years Rational
1+ years Windows testing environment
Interview mode: Phone+F2F
Description:Must be available for an onsite interview
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related degree. Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with Test Automation including development of test scripts and Agile software development preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis. Ability to resolve issues using abstraction. Logical thinker capable in analysis, predictions and improvements.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience with manual software testing is required.
- Experience with at least one major automated testing framework.
- Experience with development and source control tools preferred.
- Working under limited supervision, ensures that client systems/software are implemented and enhanced as required.
- Analyzes systems to define testing approach to be used considering all the dependencies of the application.
- Determines the most appropriate and efficient testing method (manual, automated) and tools to prove completion of test and delivery of expected system results.
- Verifies that system data, as well as output, correspond to expected norms and that system functionality satisfies the specification.
- Works to identify common defects and areas for improvement. Communicates these to development and project resources.
- Assists in the selection of an automated testing framework, and develops automated tests in that framework. Builds automated testing tools and scripts to perform common tests.
- Collaborates with users, developers and other constituents involved in development, testing and release of software products. Monitors and analyzes testing process, making recommendations for improvements for a given testing engagement as needed. Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project. Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause moderate impact to co-workers and supervisor or damage to a client engagement.
- This position is for web QA engineer.
- Scripting, Selenium, Protractor, Karma
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 223 || Fax: 916 646 2081
Note: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list.
Functional Tester With API Automation Knowledge(Soap UI & Groovy)
We currently have the below urgent requirement with our direct client. If you are fine with the JD pls revert with updated resume and rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Functional Testers with API Automation knowledge (SOAP UI & Groovy)
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Start date: ASAP
· REST/SOAP Webservices automation
· Agile/Scrum team experience
· Java or Groovy
· Jenkins/Go-CD Pipelines knowledge
· SQL DB
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!