Circulation Clerk Job Description Sample
Circulation Retention Clerk
CIRCULATION RETENTION CLERK
The Free Lance-Star is seeking a part-time Circulation Retention Clerk. This position will play a vital role in verifying current subscriber satisfaction as well as acquiring new subscribers and contacting former subscribers with special offers. Good computer skill and customer service skills must. Must have a good driving record. Will require working some events on Saturdays and Sundays on a regular basis. Employment is contingent on successful completion of criminal background check and drug screening results.
Qualified candidates may apply online at
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Category: Administrative , Keywords: Circulation Clerk
Circulation Clerk - Part Time
Job Title: Circulation Clerk
Starting Rate: $10.47 per hour Pay
Location / Department:
Xenia Community Library / Circulation
Reports to: Xenia Head of Circulation
Employment Status: Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt | Bargaining Unit
Hours: Part time, 20 hours per week (schedule includes daytime, evening and weekend hours)
To promote the mission and values of the Greene County Public Library. To carry out objectives and goals of the strategic plan to better serve the community. To perform a variety of library circulation and clerical tasks while maintaining a high level of customer service. To work under direct supervision but at times may work unsupervised and may be expected to solve problems and serve patrons independently.
Essential Job Functions
Checks out and Checks in materials using computerized system; collects fines and charges for payment of lost items; enters renewals and reserves for materials; registers borrowers; handles circulation questions from patrons in person or by telephone.
- Responsible for sorting materials to be shelved including book-drop, delivery, returns, etc.
- Handles incomplete or damaged items.
- Oversees circulation hold shelf.
- The supervisor may require other related duties including sorting mail and ordering supplies, etc. These duties are nonessential functions of this position.
- Processes the Paging List, runs Search Ohio and Clear hold-shelf reports, prepares requested items for Resource Sharing.
- Performs opening and closing procedures, including handling fine money.
- Processes new and leased materials. Processes donations.
- Processes withdrawn materials.
- Repairs and repackages damaged items.
- Assists patrons in finding books and materials.
- Attends conferences, workshops, seminars, and training to maintain knowledge as reflected in training curriculum.
- Keeps abreast of information by regularly reading email, minutes and staff website as well as attending staff meetings.
- Performs tasks of lower level classifications as necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to provide knowledgeable customer service to assist all library patrons in a timely manner; show tact and courtesy in relations with the public and other staff members.
- Ability to communicate clearly and read printed and on-screen information.
- Proven computers skills and ability to input information into an automated system.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and handle difficult situations.
- Some knowledge of library clerical principles, methods, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to handle routine problems under guidance of supervisor and keep supervisor informed of departmental needs and concerns.
- High School Diploma; or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill and ability.
1 year of Customer Service experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office-like setting, but with need for considerable mobility: light lifting, bending, stooping, stretching and sitting at a variety of desks and service points.
- Employee may be scheduled to work evening and weekend hours, including Sundays; schedules may be altered depending on the needs of the library.
- The library pays an amount equal to 14% of each employee’s salary into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System, the employee pays 10% to OPERS
- The library contributes a percentage of the employee’s salary for Medicare
- Vacation (10 days per year)
- Sick leave (12 days credit per year)
- Personal leave (3 days credit per year)
- Holidays, including birthday (10 days possible per year, depending on scheduling)
- Merit time off, if warranted
- Bereavement time, if needed
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and eligible family members
- Voluntary participation in the Ohio Deferred Compensation Plan
- Eligibility for Tuition Reimbursement program after one full year of employment (between $1650 and $2200 per year depending on the subject being studied)
- Dental insurance: employer pays for a single premium amount based on the amount of budgeted hours; additional coverage for dependents is at employee expense
Circulation Weekend Evening Supervisor
Position Title Circulation Weekend Evening Supervisor
Type of Staff Position Non-Exempt
If, Temporary begin date:
If Temporary, end date:
Full-time/ Part-time Part-time
Work Hours per Week 13
Saturday 2:00 PM - 8:15 PM
Sunday 4:30 PM - 12:15 AM
Hours change during exam weeks and semester breaks. Some flexibility required for vacations and other needs of the Circulation desk staff.
Number of Weeks Per Year 46
Date Positon to be Filled 01/02/2018
Title of Supervisor Head of Circulation and Building Services
Under the direction of the Head of Circulation and Building Services, the Weekend Circulation Supervisor responds to patron needs and questions, and assists with library equipment (copiers) and technology information (computers). Provides supervision of up to 3 student workers at a time, and performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises circulation operations, including reserve materials, checking books in and out, collecting fines, and registration of new patrons.
Assists patrons in locating material, and provides general reference services, including help with the various databases and other web-based resources.
Communicates library policy to patrons, as the authority for library policies and procedures. Resolves problems that may arise related to patrons and patron privileges.
Maintain a safe library environment by sound decision-making during unforeseen events and following proper emergency procedures, and provides coverage at the Circulation Desk.Responsible for security of the library building, as well as opening/closing of the building.
All other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Technology Applications and Skills
Bachelor's Degree and ability to handle confidential information is required for this position. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are necessary in interaction with students, faculty, staff and community.
Preferred Education, Experience, Technology Applications and Skills
Customer Service experience is desirable, as is experience with computer/information technology and previous supervisory and library experience.
Train, assigns tasks and supervises student workers on Circulation and Reference Desks.
Manual dexterity is necessary due to the lifting/moving of books.
Standard office environment, with repetitive motion. Candidates will needs to have the ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds and push/pull up to 80 pounds.
Equipment to be used
Including, but not limited to: PC's, printers. copiers, alarm systems, and other electronic equipment as needed/trained.
Closing Date 01/02/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Circulation Department Supervisor
Utica Public Library
Circulation Department Supervisor
37.5 hours per week $12.00 per hour. High School Diploma Required.
For full job description, visit Public Announcements at
Gatehouse Circulation Sales Manager Kansas/Colorado
• We are looking for a dynamic individual to be responsible
• for the sales and volumes of several newspapers in the
• Kansas region of Gatehouse newspapers. This person
• will be working with corporate, third party vendors and
• independent contractors on the retention of subscribers,
• sales of new subscribers and single copy newspapers, as
• well as reporting of said sales and volumes each month.
• The position objectives include achieving growth in home
• delivery, single copy, third party and digital subscriptions.
• Retention of subscribers is an integral part of this position
• as well as reporting on results.
• Requires good organizational and time management skills
• along with the ability to work well with people. College
• degree or comparable work experience preferred. Previous
• sales or marketing experience a plus. Strong excel skills
• Email resume to: Debbie Deneault, Circulation Audience
• Director, Gatehouse Kansas/Colorado Newspapers at
Brand Marketing & Circulation Manager
The Brand Marketing and Circulation Manager will develop, plan, execute, measure, report, and analyze the impact of integrated direct marketing strategies and campaigns that are designed to generate leads, reservations and positive ROI. This individual’s primary focus will be on print media campaigns including catalog and direct mail, as well as setting direction for integrated email and web based components for assigned brand. Essential day-to-day focus will center on circulation/marketing planning, scheduling, audience segmentation, list and campaign management, program performance analysis and forecasting utilizing Adobe campaign and its automated templates.
- Closely manage the marketing spend budget by brand, division, region and product to ensure we meet or exceed annual passenger, revenue and profit targets.
- Work closely with senior management and yield/revenue management teams to deliver on the twin goals of increasing passengers while optimizing marketing spend and reducing dilution.
- Develop and execute multi-channel contact strategies across list segments and distribution channels including catalog, direct mail, groups and email, with the goal of increasing booking rates and driving revenue from a qualified customer and prospect file.
- Develop and implement merchandising strategies for assigned integrated campaigns
- Manage multiple projects of up to 41 web pages, numerous email campaigns and up to 100 direct mail/catalog pages concurrently, driving the promotional schedule and meeting all deployment dates
- Lead turnover meetings for Creative teams (Copy, Design, Photo) providing clear direction and priorities at promotion turnover meetings
- Create and revise paginations based on automated scorecards – responsible for the completion of scorecards for creative post-mortems
- Provide and be knowledgeable in best practices in campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (direct mail, email, phone, web, social, etc.)
- Perform and/or leverage data analyses, develop, test and measure campaign strategies and tactics to drive desired customer behaviors and results.
- Lead ongoing PTF/Priority meetings along with campaign and program discussions with internal product, revenue and channel partners to ensure all parties are in sync with and accountable for their deliverables to support the company’s integrated marketing efforts.
- Deep understanding of list, offer, creative package responsiveness, content relevancy and communications channel engagement: Direct mail, Phone, Interactive (Web, Email and Social).
- Leverage Vantage’s automated and proprietary segmentation, modeling and scoring solutions and other data assets to continually improve and optimize campaign performance.
- Share insights from the customer data needed to drive next day sales while building longer-term business.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in direct or database marketing - analytics, direct marketing test design, response analysis, ROI analysis, segmentation analysis, customer profiling, etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience with database querying tools, languages and analytical platforms supporting database marketing such as marketing automation and campaign management software solutions. Specific experience with SQL, SAS, Adobe Marketing Suite (Neolane), Business Objects preferred.
- Travel industry experience strongly preferred.
- BA/BS with significant coursework in marketing, mathematics or economics, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Creative thinking, exceptional analytical skills coupled with solid business foundation, particularly in Database Marketing.
- An innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude – interested in “figuring out” solutions.
- Deep hands-on experience in multi-channel, multi-wave (trigger) direct marketing operations, strategy and analysis.
- Ability to integrate data to new or existing database structures.
- Ability to mine data, using query language(s) to create data for program development.
- Marketing program forecasting, measurement and assessment.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong detail orientation, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and accountability to get the job done.
This company is run by the numbers and strictly adheres to weekly reporting and holding people accountable to their numbers.
Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
If you are driven by working in a dynamic environment where you’ll discover the value of impactful contributions in an industry that’s easy to fall in love with – the travel industry…Vantage may just be your next home to learn, contribute, work hard and have a little fun. As we evolve technologically and proactively offer differentiated travel experiences to our customers, we search for dynamic, progressive and focused professionals to join the Vantage team whether that’s in our headquarters in Boston or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Munich, Buenos Aires, Beijing or Cape Town.
At Vantage, you’ll discover team members as being talented, driven, globally aware, entrepreneurial individuals who are flexible in a fast-paced environment and who bring sense of pride and humility to a unique culture.
We have created a culture that embodies an appreciation for the deep history of the Company that is driven by the ultimate goal of delivering memorable journeys to our passengers worldwide. Individually we are one piece of an amazing group while working collaboratively across the globe. We have discovered success year-over-year, by appreciating a proven formula of success while evolving with an ever changing world whether as a result technology advancements or keeping in front of passenger demands for exhilarating and memorable travel experiences.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vantage Travel is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
If you are driven by working in a dynamic environment where you'll discover the value of impactful contributions in an industry that's easy to fall in love with, the travel industry...Vantage may just be your next home to learn, contribute, work hard and have a little fun. As we evolve technologically and proactively offer differentiated travel experiences to our customers, we search for dynamic, progressive and focused professionals to join the Vantage team whether in our headquarters in Boston or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Munich, Opatija, Buenos Aires, Beijing or Cape Town.
At Vantage, you will discover team members as being talented, driven, globally aware, entrepreneurial individuals who are flexible in a fast-paced environment and who bring a sense of pride and professionalism to a unique culture.
We have created a culture that embodies an appreciation for the deep history of the Company that is driven by the ultimate goal of delivering cherished memories through incredible journeys to our passengers worldwide.
Each new member of our team plays a significant role as part of a dedicated group working collaboratively across the globe. We have created success year-over-year, by building upon and enhancing a proven formula while evolving with an ever changing world whether as a result technology advancements or keeping in front of passenger demands for exhilarating and memorable travel experiences.
OR RN Circulation (Per Diem) - San Jose Surgery Center
To provide direct and indirect patient care to clinic patients and their families utilizing the nursing process of comprehensive patient assessment, development and implementation of a plan of care and patient education and ongoing evaluation. The care delivered will be based on theoretical principals and scientific knowledge and within the scope of the California Nurse Practice. *Education/Certification/Licensure:
Current RN Callifornia License required.
Associates degree and graduated of an accredited school of nursing required.
Current AHA BLS Certification required.
Current ACLS Certification required (or obtain within 6 months of hire). Experience: * 3 or more years of credited RN experience in a specialized and relatable field and/or years of service within the organization, preferred.
General experience in highly specialize areas such as Critical Care experience (ICU, ER, Trauma Unit) or ASC experience. *
Verbal and written communication skills for frequent and challenging contact with physicians, employees, patients and patient families; requires patience, tack and compassion.
Math aptitude: calculation of drug doses.
Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skills to enter information into practice management and EHR.
Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to lift and position patients properly using best practices.
Visual capabilities to observe patients.
Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions.
Active listening skills; including excellent interpersonal skills and telephone communication.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods at a time.
Applies moderate mental application and concentration to handle varying procedures and interruptions.
Organization:Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Title:OR RN Circulation (Per Diem) - San Jose Surgery Center
Location:California-Peninsula/South Bay and Santa Cruz-San Jose
Requisition ID:PAMF-1720805 All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Circulation Assistant - Library -5-10 Hours A Week
The Town of Vail is now hiring a Circulation Assistant for about 5-10 hours a week depending on the needs of the library. This position will provide general circulation, reference and reader’s advisory service assistance to patrons of all ages. In addition they will participate in a variety of tasks at the service desk including, but not limited to, entering and analyzing circulation data, processing membership applications, and explaining library lending policies and procedures. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Assess patron needs and instructs them in making effective use of library resources.
Assist patrons with the use of the Internet, online databases, eBook devices, etc.
Perform shelving of all types of library materials, e.g., textual, audio, video, music, and juvenile.
Works with volunteers on an as-needed basis
Handles other related library duties, as assigned. Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants must have strong guest service skills and a desire to help library patrons with a positive attitude. In addition they must meet the following requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Demonstrated skills with Circulation-related duties and general public reference tools.
High level of proficiency on the computer including, internet searching, Microsoft office and data bases.
Ability to shelve library materials in proper alpha-numeric sequence.
Must be able to maintain positive, team-player staff relations.
Some evenings and weekend hours are required.
Knowledge of the latest library and technology trends is preferred.
Public library circulation & reference desk experience is preferred. Are you interested in living and working in Vail, CO? Vail, which is centrally located in the Rocky Mountains, offers easy access to Denver (100 miles to the east) and is surrounded by the White River National Forest, offering world class outdoor activities in summer and winter (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, white water). When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home! To find out more about our community, please visit our website www.vailgov.com and click on Vail Information. Department: Library Pay Range: Hourly External Company URL: http://www.vailgov.com
Library Assistant - Night Circulation Manager
Friends University is seeking to fill a Library Assistant position in Wichita, Ks. This position will manage the circulation department in the evening and weekends.
Organizes Library events such as Library game nights. Assist evening faculty and students. Responsibilities Manages evening and weekend circulation students.
Provide front facing point-of-contact information services for evening students and faculty. Provide supervision and help plan Library events during the evening and weekends. Attends meetings and training sessions as appropriate.
Other projects and duties as assigned. Requirements Bachelor's degree required. Masters of Library Sciences degree preferred.
Two years previous Library experience required or MLS accepted in lieu of experience. Event planning experience desired. One year of supervisory experience desired.
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to plan and organize different types of events. Friends University offers an excellent benefits package that includes generous vacation accruals, medical insurance, retirement match, and tuition remission.
Please visit our employment site at www.friends.edu/employment to apply. Only applications submitted through this Friends University website application process will be accepted. SDL2017
Circulation District Manager
The Spokesman-Review, a family owned newspaper in the Inland Northwest, is seeking a Circulation District Manager to join the team and aid in efficient and effective distribution of newspapers to our readers. Each Circulation District Manager is responsible for a district, or territory, where they oversee paper delivery.
This position allows the manager to recruit, train, build and motivate a team of independent contractors to fulfill the delivery needs of a specific district. Within the organization’s policies and procedure, the Manager has the ability to work flexible hours as the situation allows, primarily early morning, develop and establish their contractor team in a manner that they prefer and allows for successful distribution.
Responsibilities and Duties
A Circulation District Manager will succeed in this position when they effectively manage their independent contractors, ensure coverage of their territory, delivery obligation are fulfilled, maintain high levels of customer service, resolve complaints effectively and efficiently, maintain required reports, and comply will all local, state and federal laws. Overall responsibilities for this position included, but are not limited to:
· Product delivery and service
· Coordination of contractors at distribution facilities
· Customer Service – first contact with customer complaints and problem resolution
· Circulation Reports
· Independent Contractor assignments, expectations, feedback, payments, etc. Oversees approximately 20-30 contractors
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
A successful candidate will have prior management experience, self-motivated, excels at organizing, skills at communication (both verbal and written), and has an overall sense of independence and entrepreneurial mindset. Candidates must be available to work early mornings, weekends, and holidays at varying hours when necessary. Additional qualifications and skills required:
· Time management
· Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Active Driver’s License, with clean driving record
· Active and maintained auto insurance
· Reliable personal transportation
The position is full-time, approximately 40 hours a week, with a starting wage of $13.90/hr plus benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick Days, matching 401k and more). Overtime is common, but not always necessary if the district is running smoothly. All Circulation District Managers are eligible for bonus opportunities, are provided with a company computer and cell phone for work related use, and able to use a company car for emergency situations.
Please apply online at https://careers.cowlesco.com or you may apply in person between 8:30 am – 3:30 pm at The Spokesman-Review building at 999 West Riverside Ave. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug & background check required on those selected for hire. Background check includes driving records. Position open until filled.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!