Civil Engineer Job Description Sample
Mid Level Civil Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer
Position Title Mid Level Civil Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer United States of America
- Pennsylvania Pittsburgh
Job Summary AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Mid Level Civil Engineer or a Senior Civil Engineer for employment in the Pittsburgh, PA office. AECOM is searching for candidates that have the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive. Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed. The role of Level IV Civil Engineer generally includes the following responsibilities:
Oversees the production of civil engineering aspects of projects
Provides technical direction to and mentors civil engineers
Performs design for more complex tasks
Ensures corporate quality procedures are followed
Meets client quality, schedule, and budget expectations
Interacts with clients and oversees sub-consultants
Assists Project Managers with various tasks including developing scope, schedule, and budgets for projects This is a prominent role and outstanding opportunity for an ambitious, career oriented professional who excels in a team environment, but is also able to work independently. AECOM is a very progressive and successful engineering firm that prides itself on building and retaining a high caliber staff to continually meet client expectations on high profile projects.
Minimum Requirements Civil Engineer III
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering + 5+ years of relevant experience Experience in multiple elements of civil engineering design with an emphasis in water resources and transportation projects including, but not limited to the following:
Hydrology and hydraulics
Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control
Site grading and drainage
Plan and construction documents preparation
Highway Design Senior Civil Engineer
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering + 10+ years of relevant experience
Professional Engineering license Experience in multiple elements of civil engineering design with an emphasis in water resources and transportation projects including, but not limited to the following:
Hydrology and hydraulics
Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control
Site grading and drainage
Plan and construction documents preparation
Experience with PennDOT and Pennsylvania Turnpike projects
Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D
Experience in Microstation and InRoads
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.Job Category _Engineering
- Civil_ CountryUnited States of AmericaPosition StatusFull-TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.170705BR
Construction Civil Engineer - Civil Engineering, Civil Engineer,
Construction Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering, Civil Engineer, Construction Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering, Civil Engineer, - Skills Required
Civil Engineering, Civil Engineer, Licensed Civil Engineer, Architecture, construction civil engineer If you are a Construction Civil Engineer with experience, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us competitive base 80-120K We have an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Civil Engineer in our Engineering and Architectural Services (EAS) department in Sacramento to provide civil design expertise and support to construction management activities for assigned projects.
What You Will Be Doing DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepares civil designs at the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project.
Analyzes design and construction issues for solutions and/or incorporation.
Develops technical specifications as required.
Performs professional reviews and analysis of civil designs and construction.
Confirms that design appears fundamentally sound and addresses applicable codes.
Establishes design, equipment and various system standards.
Performs constructability reviews.
Evaluates building and site conditions and prepares technical reports of investigations.
Conducts on-site observations of work to evaluate compliance with plans and analyze field changes.
Performs value engineering analysis and reviews.
Stamps engineering documents as required.
Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
Assists the estimating department in the development of conceptual and detailed cost projections.
Supports and participates in business development and marketing efforts including the preparation of proposals and presentations for new work.
Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Knowledge of applicable codes and standards required.
Knowledge of the architecture, engineering and construction management industry.
Effective computer skills, including proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, DWG Viewer, AutoCAD LT, Photoshop and specialized software appropriate to professional qualification required.
Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
Ability to gather and interpret complex data and resolve uncommon problems.
Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, initiative, communication, teamwork and analytical thinking.
Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work and customer satisfaction. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE - Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year college or university in civil engineering or related field required.
Minimum 5 years position related work experience in civil engineering or related field required.
State of California Professional Engineer (PE) license required. WORK ENVIRONMENT - While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Must frequently travel and relocate.
Must travel approximately 10%. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
What You Need for this Position More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Licensed Civil Engineer
Architecture - construction civil engineer What's In It for You Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and a myriad of other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more. So, if you are a Construction Civil Engineer with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Construction Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineering, Civil Engineer,* CA-SacramentoJN7-1414933
Civil Engineer II - Civil & Structures - Sacramento
Civil Engineer II - Civil & Structures - Sacramento Location: Sacramento, California, United States Requisition #: 47786 Post Date: CIVIL ENGINEER II – ROAD HIGHWAY – SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges ? Want to take your Engineering skills to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring experienced Civil Engineers with a desire to work on
road and highway projects that change the urban fabric of our community. The projects include multiple Caltrans projects throughout Northern California and Central California. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Training, development and opportunities to work on marquee projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve.
We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. In this role: You will develop roadway alignments, layouts, horizontal and vertical controls, grading and drainage, paving, site utilities, and ADA requirements. You will apply engineering techniques and analyses which may involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations is expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES: •Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status. •Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses. •Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance. •May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project. •Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project. •Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
+ 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) and 5-8 years of related work experience. + Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is desirable.
- Proficiency in
Microstation Geopak and utilizing Autocad Civil 3D and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required. Ready for action?
We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral PlanMaybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program?
When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent! Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction.
Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. All across the world, at every time of day, Parsons is keeping people moving toward a brighter, safer world. For more about Parsons, please visit.
My Profile Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
My Submissions Track your opportunities. Parsons Careers. All rights reserved.
Civil Engineer - Licensed Engineer
Primoris Distribution Services an industry leader in the installation of gas lines is looking for a licensed Professional Engineer. Primoris Distribution Services offers Competitive pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance benefits, and 401(k) plan.
· Responsible for all aspects of Project Management for subsurface engineering and utility locating.
· Review CAD drawings for permits and a variety of engineering projects including underground utilities projects.
- Site layout and grading design
- Utility design and coordination
- Construction contract documents & bid assistance
- Conduct environmental site assessments and inspections as needed.
- Permitting (DOT, County, DEP, MOT, CSX, Right of Way & Easements)
* Must have a Professional Engineers License
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively deal with pressure.
- Capable of fostering and maintaining business relationships with consultants, contractors and clients
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel.
· Knowledge of Auto CAD, Auto CAD Civil/3D, MicroStation and other engineering/drafting software programs.
· GIS and GPS skills preferred
Bachelor degree in Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the engineering, consulting and construction fields. Position requires both office and field work to meet project demands. Primoris Distribution Services is a Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a background check, drug test and driving record expectations.
Engineer I- Electrical Or Civil Engineer Preferred
You must apply at www.ucsynergetic.com - job id 16729
_ 1 to 3 years experience after graduation required
_ ABET Accredited 4 year degree in Engineering required
_ Power experience and Electrical or Civil degree preferred
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
This is the first level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve problems in a specific area of expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with greater independence.
Essential Duties :
Under close supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• accurate records and files
• support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionallyPosition
• Graduation from a four-year ABET Accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
(Electrical or Civil Engineers Bachelor Preferred)
* Not Required/Applicable Master’s Degree
• Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
• Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
• Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Received a passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
• Understanding of basic principles of project management
• Experience in the utility industry.
UC Synergetic, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Disabled and Veteran Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Creating innovative, flexible solutions to our clients
Providing solutions on time, all the time
Delivering unsurpassed quality on a consistent basis
Developing resources for the future
Achieving a superior safety culture
Being driven by our Core Values
Structural Engineer / Civil Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is hard working, ability to learn about new products. The individual should be conversant with American Codes for design and must have excellent communication skills to coordinate with clients and team members globally. He/she must also able to handle projects that are complex and work with global teams to achieve project deadlines and provide quality assurance on all projects being worked on. There will also be opportunities to travel inside US or overseas 4to meet and discuss with prospects and clients.
Candidate should either have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Structural Design.
Civil Engineer Associate - Project Engineer
Alliance Consulting Engineers, Inc. is a professional civil engineering firm providing technical consulting and design services to County Governments, Municipalities, Developers, Industry, School Districts, Healthcare Providers, Architects and other private entities. We are seeking highly motivated Civil Engineers with experience for Engineering Associate and Project Engineer positions in our Columbia Headquarter Office to join our progressive, rapidly growing firm.
As a member of our team, you will be involved with Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Roadway, Railroad, Water, and Wastewater projects. Responsibilities include Civil Site Design (Grading, Storm Drainage, Utilities, Etc.), Conceptual Site Design, Industrial Park Design, Roadway Design, Water and Wastewater System Design, Engineering Calculations, Engineering Reports, Permitting, and Bidding and Award Services. Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D with a minimum 2+ years’ experience (for Engineering Associate) or 4+ years’ experience (for Project Engineer) in Civil Design is required. A bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited college with EIT or PE certification is preferred, and LEED certification is a plus.
Alliance Consulting Engineers, Inc. is consistently ranked in the top 100 Design Firms by ENR Southeast, Top 100 fastest growing companies in South Carolina, and top 5,000 fastest growing companies in America. We offer full paid benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), and Profit Sharing. Excellent opportunity to move up in positions each year with pay raises and performance bonuses. Join a leading and growing civil engineering firm for the opportunity to gain excellent experience and be involved with some of the most reputable projects in the region!
Civil Engineer - Project Engineer / Project Designer
REQUIRED LICENSE: E.I.T. Preferred, P.E. a plus
INDUSTRY: Civil Engineering and Planning
KWC Engineers is an emerging civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm in Southern California providing strategic land development in the private and public sector for the past 35 years.
Looking to hire a highly motivated and talented Project Engineer for land development and infrastructure improvement projects. This position will give a the successful candidate the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Extensive design experience in the preparation of grading, street, sewer, water and storm drain improvement plans for residential, commercial development and public works projects while adhering to design standards, agency processing requirements, and client expectations is required.
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2016/Civil 3D programs within the Civil Engineering industry preferred.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures relating to engineering design for land development projects.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and calculations (i.e., hydrology/hydraulics, WQMP, SWPPP, and water & sewer) is a plus.
- Must have broad knowledge of Hydrology/Hydraulic Analysis, design methods and water quality low impact development applications.
- Ensure quality of design and implement new ideas through supervision, participation, plan reviews and training of junior staff.
- Be familiar with Riverside, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties and local agencies standards for land development.
- Manage technical aspects of projects exhibiting strong proficiency in the preparation of construction plans, reports and documents for land development projects.
- Assist project manager in client/agency interaction, endeavor to build lasting relationships
- Excellent technical and communication skills, including report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team depending on the assigned task.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple assignments and follow through on engineering tasks from start to finish.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Monitors project budgets and hours assigned to specific tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration as a Civil Engineer in the state of California preferred
- Minimum 5 -15 years of experience with leadership skills to manage multi-disciplined engineering tasks.
- Experienced in preparing infrastructure improvement plans for public agencies.
- Plan Checking experience a plus
- Successful candidates will have well-developed problem solving, decision-making, communication and team building skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, CivilDesign, H2OMap Sewer and Water is highly desired.
The following is a summary of the benefits that KWC Engineers offers to all eligible full-time Employees (working 40 or more hours per week) or regular part-time employees (working at least 24 hours or more per week):
- Medical – CaliforniaChoiceKWC pays 100% of the cost for the employee (HealthNet HMO A) and 40% of the cost for their dependents
- Dental-Sun Life FinancialEmployee pays 100% of the cost for themselves and their dependents
- Vision-EyeMedEmployee pays 100% of the cost for themselves and their dependents
- Life/AD&D-Reliance Standard (employee automatically enrolled upon eligibility)- $15,000 Life Insurance policy- KWC pays 100% of the cost for the employee- Voluntary additional Life insurance may be purchased by the employee for themselves and their dependents
- Long Term Disability-Reliance Standard (non-exempt employee automatically enrolled upon eligibility)- KWC pays 100% of the cost for non-exempt (hourly) employeeso
Benefits received would be taxable- Employee pays 100% of the cost for exempt (salaried) employeeso
Benefits received would be non-taxable
- MD Live- (employee automatically enrolled upon eligibility)- KWC pays 100% of the cost of this benefit- Employee and their dependents have access to board certified doctors 24/7 from your home, work or on the go either by phone, online or secure video to assist with non-emergency medical conditions
Civil Engineer / Civil Designer
Arrow Engineering Services Inc. (AESI) is looking for a California Licensed Civil Engineer or Civil Designer to prepare engineering plans and reports required for government and commercial development projects in the Lancaster, CA area. Qualified candidates must be highly motivated and possess a minimum of 8 years’ of experience in civil design and civil drafting using
Autodesk Civil 3D.Duties/
- Manage and develop civil project deliverables
- Client coordination and preparation of proposals
- Understanding of local development codes and standards
- Analysis, calculations, and preparation of hydrology and sewer area studies
- Prepare improvement plans for grading, water, sewer, street, storm drain and street lighting
- Prepare topography mapping, exhibits and details to support project design
- Ability to prepare plans with minimal guidance and assistance
- Prepare construction cost, specification and bonding estimates
- Excellent Microsoft Office application skills
- Project organizational skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Self-motivated with initiative to promote
- 8 years minimum in civil design and highly skilled in designing using Autodesk Civil 3D
- Public and private project design experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- CA Licensed Civil Engineer (EIT may be considered)
- Knowledgeable and experience in preparing responses to RFP / RFQ’s
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Will be determined based on experience, education, and leadership skills
- Simple IRA with company match
- Some paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil Engineering: 8 years
Associate Engineer / Associate Civil Engineer
THE COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT HAS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR AN
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER / ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER IN RIVERSIDE! The County of Riverside Transportation Department has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Engineer / Associate Civil Engineer (Engineer) position in Riverside. Assigned to the Development Review Division, the Engineer will play a critical role in the entitlement process by reviewing various Water Quality Management Plans (WQMP) on behalf of the County of Riverside.
This responsibility includes ensuring that new development projects and redevelopment projects are compliant with the requirements for the State Regional Water Quality Boards for Santa Ana, Santa Margarita, and Whitewater watersheds, while maintaining a business friendly environment. Additionally, this position will review Hydrology reports for compliance with the Riverside County Hydrology Manual and applicable project development standards. In addition to reviewing the applicant submittals, the incumbent will also be responsible for determining the conditions for approval, preparing necessary correspondence for conditions of approval and State recordkeeping requirements, and working closely with involved stakeholders on a variety of development-related issues.
The Department desires candidates that are either licensed as a Professional Civil Engineer, or those in possession of an Engineer-in-Training certificate, issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers. Candidates with strong communication skills and work experience preparing hydrology, water quality, hydraulic, and floodplain studies in Riverside County are highly desired. The most competitive candidates will possess experience reviewing WQMP or Hydrology Reports and have experience with the development review process.
In addition to an exciting and challenging career opportunity, the County of Riverside offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package, and actively promotes a healthy work/life balance. Benefits include: ten daysof paid vacation leave, a CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, medical flex benefit of $823 monthly, short term disability, life insurance, and 12 paid holidays a year.
ABOUT THE COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE Riverside County offers diversity that few locations can match. With a variety of job opportunities with the County, there are as many places to take your career as there are stars in our sky.
But there's more than a great vocation to draw you here: with affordable housing, a thriving, diverse, and progressive community, excellent higher education, and the hidden gem of the Joshua Tree National Park, the opportunities for your life here are equally exciting. Come work in the heart of inland California, and see how great the view is when opportunity is on the horizon. The County of Riverside has a wide variety of complex and engaging careers, requiring talented, engaged, and collaborative professionals. To find out more about the County of Riverside, please click here.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT The Transportation Department is responsible for planning, designing, funding, building, operating and maintaining all roads, bridges, and transportation facilities within the unincorporated County territory. The County covers an area of approximately 7300 square miles, which is about the size of the state of New Jersey.
The County-Maintained Road System exceeds 2100 miles, which is about the distance between Riverside County and Washington D.C. This puts in context the challenges that the Department faces in providing service to over 2 million residents in Riverside County. They focus on their priorities of improving safety, maintaining existing roads and bridges, and enhancing roadway capacity to keep up with population growth.
To find out more about the Transportation Department, please clickhere. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Review Water Quality Management Plans (WQMPs) for compliance with the requirements for the State Regional Water Quality Boards for Santa Ana, Santa Margarita, and Whitewater watersheds.
Review Hydrology Reports for compliance with the Riverside County Hydrology Manual and other applicable standards. Review development project applications and prepare applicable conditions of approval; interact with involves stakeholders and prepare necessary correspondence related to conditions. Resolve difficult engineering and administrative problems in connection with the entitlement process for development projects.
Provide technical information to officials of other governmental jurisdictions, other engineers and the public. Review grading and improvement plans for conformity to the approved WQMP and drainage requirements. RECRUITING GUIDELINES: Associate Engineer Education: Graduation from a recognized college with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
Certificate:__Possession of a valid certificate as an Engineer-in-Training issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers.
Experience:Two years of professional civil engineering experience including one year of experience in the review and approval of grading and improvement plans for permit issuance. Associate Civil Engineer Experience: Two years of professional civil engineering experience including one year of experience in the review and approval of grading and improvement plans for permit issuance.
License:Possession of a valid certificate of registration as a Civil Engineer issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers. Both Levels
Knowledge of: The fundamentals of civil engineering; mathematics and physics as applied to engineering; construction survey, stress analysis, hydraulic design, topographic mapping, analytical mechanics, and strength, properties, and uses of construction materials; accepted practices of grading review and approval; general methods and procedures of describing real property.
Ability to: Direct the work of subordinate engineering personnel; design a variety of public works projects with skill and accuracy; make difficult mathematical computations and keep neat and accurate field notes; review and approve grading plans; make accurate drawings and maps, and prepare technical reports; maintain cooperative working relationships with others. Other Requirements Possession of a valid California Driver's License is required at the time of employment. TO APPLY
APPLICANTS MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION USING THE COUNTY'S
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. (PST) on January 28, 2018. Postings may close or be extended at any time.Applicants should submit a detailed resume/application clearly describing relevant work experience. _The level at which the position will be filled is at the Department's discretion and based on candidate qualifications. The Hiring Certification List generated from this recruitment may be used to fill any other mission-critical Associate Engineer / Associate Civil Engineer vacancies that may occur in the coming weeks._ For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Julia Luna at (951) 955-4957 orJLUNA@RIVCO.ORG. Job Title: ASSOCIATE ENGINEER / ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER
Salary:* $69,581.62 - $115,767.60 Annually
Job Type:* Full-Time
Location:* Riverside, California
Department:* TLMA Transportation
Job Title:* ASSOCIATE ENGINEER / ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER
Salary:* $69,581.62 - $115,767.60 Annually
Job Type:* Full-Time
Location:* Riverside, California
Department:* TLMA Transportation
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!