Clarifier Operator Job Description Sample
As a Project Clarifier I am accountable for:
- Assuring customer order processing service needs are met;
- Supporting and engaging in a collaborative work environment between Engineers, Technicians, Project Managers, Project Clarifiers, and Quoters/Estimators;
- Clarifying Builder orders for completeness, accuracy, and optimization;
- Coordinating with internal and external customers;
- Providing technical expertise to Builders;
- Establishing a culture of continuous improvement, cost reduction, quality, and safety.
- 3 years minimum detailing experience
- Related technical Associate Degree
- 3 years minimum detailing experience
- Competent in BlueScope Processing Systems applications
- Thorough knowledge of Divisional Product and Processing Procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills with internal and external customers
- Competence with the Pricing system
- MS Office competent (including Excel, Word, and Outlook)
Plant Operator - Wastewater
Controls wastewater treatment plant operations in accordance with all established regulations, standards, and procedures; operates and monitors plant/systems via computer; conducts visual plant inspections and monitors plant operations/processes to ensure proper operations and to detect equipment failures, potential leaks, or other problem situations; conducts field inspections or remote station inspections; troubleshoots outlying wells and pump stations; makes adjustments in plant operations as appropriate; performs preventive maintenance checks and procedures on plant equipment; reports faulty equipment or problem situations to appropriate personnel. Operates wastewater treatment plant equipment to ensure proper treatment of wastewater and production of effluent water; monitors effluent storage facilities, conducts laboratory testing, and logs meter readings of effluent sites and plant flow; monitors and maintains sidestream flows during low-flow situations; monitors holding ponds, park ponds, and golf course ponds; monitors chemical levels and administers chemicals into processes; adds enzymes to process; raises and lowers baffles in aeration basins; checks bioxide stations; checks sludge blankets; monitors and controls return sludge rates and waste sludge rates; runs sludge belt presses in emergency situations; transfers sludge to gravity thickener; presses sludge; changes chlorine cylinders and bar screens; maintains grit system; drains clarifier scum troughs; skims and backwashers filters; disinfects filters; troubleshoots lift stations; monitors odor control systems; opens/closes valves; applies lime to ground; cleans, contains, and decontaminates spills; bleeds condensation from air tanks; exercises pumps; bleaches auto sampler; hoses down aeration basins, clarifiers, and rotor walls. Collects or receives wastewater samples for chemical analysis; conducts regular chemical tests to determine the chemical composition of water, to control quality, and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations; logs test results on daily charts and log sheets.
Monitors gauges, meters, and charts to ensure proper plant operations; maintains logs/records of plant operations, meter/gauge readings, test results, chemical applications, and other data; assists in preparing mandatory reports for submission to regulatory agencies. Performs general cleaning/maintenance tasks necessary to keep plant facilities, equipment, and tools in operable condition, which may include inspecting equipment, performing minor repairs, replacing parts, washing/cleaning equipment, or cleaning work areas; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment. Operates various machinery, equipment and tools associated with plant operations, which may include a motor vehicle, dump truck, backhoe, loader, chemical feeder, pump, well, motor, valve, generator, reverse osmosis skid, membrane softening skid, chlorinator, hoist, pH meter, turbidimeter, spectrophotometer, dissolved oxygen meter, hazardous gas meter, gauges, chlorine analyzer, belt press, titration equipment, degasifier, odor control unit, telemetry system, vacuum cleaner, safety equipment, laboratory instruments, testing materials, rake, shovel, hand tools, or mechanic tools.
Follows safety procedures, utilizes safety equipment, and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals; and reports unsafe activities and conditions to supervisor. Monitors inventory levels of division equipment, chemicals, and supplies; ensures availability of adequate materials to conduct work activities; initiates requests for new or replacement materials; receives incoming orders of chemicals and supplies; conducts periodic inventory counts. Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, logs, charts, laboratory sheets, weather reports, flow reports, storage reports, shift turnover reports, equipment status logs, inventory records, chain of custody forms, inspection reports, or other documents.
Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, meter/gauge readings, shift turnover reports, maintenance records, packing slips, invoices, equipment operation guides, material safety data sheets, diagrams, blueprints, policies, procedures, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate. Operates a personal computer or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, e mail, or other computer programs. Communicates with supervisor, employees, other divisions, vendors, engineers, customers, the public, state/federal agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and procedures; reads professional literature; maintains professional affiliations; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by vocational/technical training in wastewater treatment plant operations; supplemented by one year of previous experience and/or training involving wastewater treatment plant operations, and equipment maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Must possess and maintain a valid Class C Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator License issued by the State of Florida. May require possession and maintenance of a valid Florida driver's license with any applicable endorsements and maintain eligibility requirements and endorsement(s) to drive a County vehicle as provided in CMA 5805. Fingerprinting required. Job Title: Plant Operator - Wastewater
Closing Date/Time:* Thu. 01/25/18 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary:* $17.37 - $22.80 Hourly $1,389.60 - $1,824.00 Biweekly $36,129.60 - $47,424.00 Annually
Job Type:* Full Time, Regular
Location:* 4931 32nd Avenue SW, Naples, Fl, Florida
Equipment Operator - CDL Operator
Title: Equipment Operator - CDL Operator
Location: United States-North Carolina-Arden Job
Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, crane, dragline, font-end loader, motor grader, cherry picker, dump truck, etc. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner.
Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment.
Interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed.
May be required to manipulate equipment on unlevel working surface.
May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation.
May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs.
Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
Observes load hook up and determines safety of load.
Manipulates crane control to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal or signal instructions.
Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
Inspects crane for defective parts, documents and notifies the supervisor of the defects or malfunctions.
Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment.
- May be required to interpret load charts.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Capable of certifying on all equipment up to 60 ton cranes and on dirt equipment, such as dozers, track hoes, backhoes, dump trucks, yard dogs, bobcats and excavators. Desired/
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Physical
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%) Standing O Walking O Sitting C Pushing 50 ft-lb Pulling 50 ft-lb Climbing O Balancing O Bending O Stooping O Kneeling O Crouching O Crawling O Reaching C Handling C Fingering C Feeling Vision Hearing Lifting (lbs) Carrying (lbs) 0-10 0-10 10-25 10-25 25-50 25-50
CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.CBI.com .
Job Schedule: Full-time
Jan 4, 2018, 8:40:53 AM
Requisition ID: 1800048 CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fork Lift Operator / Machine Operator
Job Description Fork lift Operator w/ Machine Operator Experience Must be reliable and able to work every day. OT may be required. Must be able to lift up to 40#s repetitively as needed. Must be able to stoop & bend. Will load cardboard into the machine, will monitor the machine for quality, will take cardboard off the machine and stack it on skids. Must be able to drive fork lift. Must be willing to follow all safety guidelines-lock out/tag out, steel toed boots required, company supplied safety glasses and ear protection required. Leave all items in company provided locker daily. NO cell phones on the production floor-only on breaks and lunch. Entry level opportunity. Will train on various machines (McKinley, banding machine)
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Process Operator - Arodo Mechanic Operator
Operations City: Swedesboro State / Province: New Jersey Education/Certifications
High School Degree (GED equivalent) plus process manufacturing experience. Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. independently and up to 100 lbs with assistance Forklift experience a plus
1st and 2nd shift positions available2nd shift position- $1.00/hr shift differential paid ARODO Mechanic Operator Safely and efficiently maintain and operate the Arodo packaging line and palletizer. Maintain the equipment for the Arodo line - all production and maintenance activities. perform mechanical repairs and PM's.
Operate various processing equipment. Read and follow daily production schedule and instructions. Prepare packaging materials by retrieving items from storage, applying labels to container, setting up and loading filling machines, operating various automatic and manual packaging machines, scales and printing devices, industrial lift trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling tools and equipment.
Maintain correct weight of the bags produced. Maintain the quality of the bags produced. Maintain accurate written and electronic records as required by specific tasks.
Complete all paperwork - downtime log, used parts, all required QC tests, Shift to shift log book, etc. Assist in training new operators Create work order for repair in 7i
Part Time Logistics Operator II, Forklift Operator
Click here to view a video about this position.
REFRESH your career by joining our exceptional Logistics team! Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (CCBCC), the largest independent bottler in the US, is looking forPart-Time Logistics Operator IIs (Order Builder-Forklift) ! What does a Logistics Operator II (Order Builder-Forklift) do exactly? They operate select material handling equipment (Pallet Jacks, Forklifts) within the warehouse walls to move and shift products and build customer orders. All customer orders are loaded onto our delivery trucks to be delivered in-store. Our Logistics Operator IIs (Order Builder-Forklift) are a key component in providing excellent service to our customers and in getting our variety of products in the hands of our consumers. *
Schedule:* Monday- Friday 4:00 PM or 6:00 PM start time, Rotating Saturdays with a 10:00 AM or 11AM start time. End time is completion of shift. Things you should know about working as a Logistics Operator II (Order Builder-Forklift): * Safety comes first. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments which means striving for 100% adherence to the rules
Quality product is our priority. Keep an eye on product age and repackaging
So fresh & so clean, clean! Assist with daily housekeeping and maintenance of the warehouse and other material handling equipment
Ensure paperwork is completed appropriately and handled accurately
We work fast and lift up to 50 lbs. of product safely and repetitively
All hands on deck! You can expect to perform miscellaneous activities as directed by your manager to efficiently support the warehouse operation What would success look like? * Willingness to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
Accurately build orders on a repetitive basis
Maintain a professional appearance
Follow appropriate food handling, safety, and sanitation standards
Share in our purpose – to serve others, to pursue excellence, and to grow profitably
* Must desire and be able to work a part-time schedule (hours directed by business needs) * Ability to operate a computer, a hand held inventory control device, and calculators
Ability to read, speak, write and understand English and to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) * Willingness to operate warehouse material handling equipment (i.e. forklifts, walk behind / riding pallet jacks)
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment while meeting productivity and quality expectations
Proven history or ability to demonstrate safe and responsible behavior with a positive performance record (including attendance) * Must be self-motivated, respectful, positive, team oriented and maintain a high degree of integrity Physical
* Ability to lift approximately up to 50 lbs.
Ability to bend, kneel, stand, lift, and perform physical labor for multiple hours at a time
Safely operate material handling equipment
Ability to work in warehouse environment which may not be air conditioned All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen, and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable).
CCBCC is an equal employment opportunity employer.Location: Knoxville, TN
- Job Code:* OP7045
Machine Operator - Process Operator
Performs basic hand or machine tasks in support of the manufacture and finishing of parts. Follows departmental procedures to successfully and safely complete these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates assigned machines and/or performs assigned production processes.
- Maintains a safe, clean and uncluttered work area; removes metal chips from machines resulting from cutting processes.
- Performs basic visual inspection to identify obvious cosmetic flaws as well as verifying part compliance against predetermined quality guides or standards by using simple go/no-go gauges, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, thread gauges, and height gauges.
- Loads and unloads assigned machines; prepares raw materials, follows loading procedures, removes parts from machine, washes and deburrs as necessary, stacks in designated baskets or boxes and delivers completed parts to the next operation.
- Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction, reports problems to Lead person or Set-up Personnel.
- Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment with assistance from trained operator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to correctly follow a rule or basic set of rules i.e. following work instructions.
- Ability to use basic shop math.
- Basic input skills with computer applications.
- Demonstrate proficient manual dexterity and superior eye hand coordination.
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Thurs-Sat 500am-530pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator
Fast growing, highly regarded leader in the full-service branding industry has an outstanding opportunity for an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who is hard working, reliable, accurate and able to work second shift.
· Are you an impact player who has a sharp attention to detail?
· Are you an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who likes to be challenged on a daily basis?
· Are you a difference maker who likes to work in fast paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines?
If this sounds like you we would like to talk with you about joining our team as an Embroidery Operator/ Machine Operator!
Club Colors is a global brand management solutions provider offering a high quality promotional products and branded apparel at cost effective prices with the highest level of customer service in the industry. Our team invests the time and energy to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in everything we do. Collectively we are one team that makes a dynamic impact.
We are looking for impact players and difference makers. The Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator should be positive and strong sense of detail. Experience with Tajima Embroidery Machines is a plus but will train the right Embroidery Operator /Machine Operator and offer a salary commensurate with experience.
· Serious Applicants Only
Equipment Operator / Yard Truck Operator
Equipment operator will be responsible for using a Shuttle Truck, also called a Yard Truck or Hostler, to move trailers on the property. These tasks include, but are not limited to safely towing, backing up and parking trailers, as well as moving equipment and general labor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate Shuttle Truck / Yard Truck and other various equipment to move trailers and containers on the facility
- Follow directions of supervisors
- Complete paperwork associated with load instructions (must exhibit a strong attention to detail)
- Understand and comply with safety procedures
- Properly use all of the required personal protection equipment (PPE) required for specific tasks (i.e. hard hats, gloves, reflective vests, safety glasses, etc.)
- Identify abnormal noises and mechanical problems associated with equipment and communicate problems to Foremen and Supervisors.
- Avoid damage to equipment, property, fellow workers and public
- Keeping equipment clean
- Assist with other projects for the company in addition to regular job responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Exhibits strong ability to work as a team with other co-workers
- Complies with safety policies at all times
- Demonstrates hustle and a strong work ethic
- Must be dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works hard to meet deadlines
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude
- Overtime as required to meet deadlines
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which can include hot, cold, and inclement weather, and exposure to dust
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Use of personal protection equipment is required
Technical Operator (Maintenance Tech/Machine Operator Hybrid Position)
AmeriQual Foods, an Evansville, IN based food manufacturing facility, is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as a Technical Operator. This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and predictive maintenance of the filling equipment. This position is expected to attain daily scheduling goals in an efficient and resourceful manner. This position also works closely with Quality Assurance and Maintenance Area Leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses equipment problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform root cause analysis and provide long term corrective solutions to aid in the continuous improvement process
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines
- Set up of machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Ensure that machines are producing quality pouches by managing perioic checks on output
- Perform safety checks on equipment and maintain a clean work area
- Verify codes, materials and retort rack configurations
- Maintain required documentation for pouch usage and downtime
- Must be able to learn and perform when necessary all quality checks required to ensure equipment is operating within specifications.
- 2 year Technical degree preferred or two plus years of industrial maintenance experience
- Comprehensive understanding of pneumatic systems, high voltage electrical, control voltage circuits and mechanical aspects of machinery
- Ability to read an electrical schematic and utilize a multimeter to help troubleshoot 480V 3 phase, 220V and 120V circuits as well as 24 volt control systems
- Experience with analogue control and discrete, preferred
- Ability to weld utilizing TIG and MIG and ARC
- Fabrication assembly of shafts, bearing and gearboxes experience
- Ability to use a drill press, lath and metal cutting equipment
- Must have general math, reading and good communication skills
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package available including medical, free associate health clinic, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more. See www.ameriqual.com/careers for more information. EO/AAE
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!