Cleaner Ii Job Description Sample
Job ID: 11009
Perform a variety of cleaning processes such as liquid hone, reverse cleaning, brite dip, boil-out/deglass. Plate parts with nickel and gold, copper and tin to specified thickness. Make up solutions and perform all additions given by the onsite chemist.
Knowledge of plating - preferably nickel, gold, copper, tin.
Understand how to work with and handle chemicals.
Physically able to work in the cleaning/plating room environments.
Good communication skills, verbal and written.
Good, positive attitude and able to work as part of a team.
Working knowledge of rectifiers (power supply) preferred.
2 to 3 years experience working with chemicals, cleaning operation preferred.
Knowledge of chemical waste treatment operations not required but is helpful.
English or Spanish speakers welcome to apply
Ability to speak and understand English helpful.
Female candidates strongly recommended to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Associated topics: fire restoration, house cleaner, oil burner service, pool technician, property management, sanitation superintendent, service technician, spa pool, tote, water and fire restoration
Dry Cleaner Now Hiring Experienced Spotter Cleaner (Orlando)
Dry Cleaner Now Hiring EXPERIENCED Spotter Cleaner (Orlando)
Experience Spotter Cleaners pays up to $16.00/hour.
PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END OF THIS POSTING, CLICK ON LINK TO FILL OUT ON LINE APPLICATION.
The Spotter Cleaner performs a variety of tasks that involve sorting, pre spotting garments, loading/unloading machines. Monday thru Friday, 4:15 am to 12:45 pm. Experience Spotter Cleaners pays more depending on skill level.
IF YOU HAVE A FELONY OR CRIMINAL RECORDED, OF ANY KIND, DO NOT APPLY.
Please click on the following link to complete an online application. YOU MUST FILL OUT THIS APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION. DO NOT CALL OR TEXT UNTIL YOU HAVE FILLED OUT THE APPLICATION.
We are family owned and operated, have the largest market share and are positioning ourselves to realize our full potential through a high performing, passionate team.
Cleaner (Part Time)
Cleaner (Part Time)
Per Civil Service Standards and Specifications.
There are no education or experience requirements. Applicants must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor. Must be able to move heavy objects.
Examples: trash bags, bags of salt and ice, floor machines and shoveling snow. Must be able to understand and follow simple verbal and written instructions in English. Must successfully pass a pulmonary function test to certify them to wear protective equipment; for example respirators. (The test shall be provided by the department).
High School Diploma/GED. Brief Description of Duties: Cleaners perform a variety of routine manual tasks requiring light, medium, and heavy physical effort in cleaning and caring for an assigned area in public buildings and adjacent grounds and sidewalks.
The incumbent must perform the following duties continuously throughout their shift. The selected candidate will:
Using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers and other cleaning implements, wash floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside of the building etc. Walls are cleaned from the ceiling to the floor.
Using manual and/or mechanical equipment strips and waxes floors, vacuums and shampoos carpets. Using hand dusting equipment, dusts assigned areas.
Pick up and remove hazardous (and non-hazardous) articles which may be on floors, furniture and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places. Move furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning and care functions.
Using hand operated equipment and detergents, scrubs and cleans all areas of lavatories, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, etc.
Using designated equipment polishes and clean wood and metal fixtures and equipment.
Pick-up recycling as scheduled and breaks down cardboard. Make sure that all items are stored properly.
Using appropriate equipment such as ladders and scaffolds, wash light fixtures, replace light bulbs, dust and/or wash light fixtures and high places such as ceilings.
Empties trash, recyclables, and waste in accordance with cleaning schedules.
Interacts appropriately with customers and responds to their needs accordingly. If further assistance is required, notifies supervisor.
Using manual and/or mechanical equipment, occasionally remove snow and ice on outdoor walkways and staircases, salt and clean walkways and adjacent grounds when necessary.
Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission. Special Notes:This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 4:00a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Mandatory rehire roster candidates have preference.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Essential Position:This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such are required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are cancelled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
Stony Brook University will be 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree. About Stony Brook: Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore.
Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff.SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute.
Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Jackson Pollock-Krasner House in East Hampton, New York, Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632-6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632-6350. It can also be viewed online at the University Police website athttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Official Job Title:
Cleaner Department/Hiring Area:
West Campus Custodial Services Stony Brook University
Posting Start Date:
Jan 11, 2018
Posting End Date:
Jan 25, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
As per civil service guidelines
Req ID: 1703788
Performs custodial work in casino/hotel environment. Works within a team or individually to accomplish goals. Accountable for the overall cleaning, general maintenance, and communication of facility needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
2. Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washes blinds and windows, may replace blinds.
3. Sanitize and detail bathroom fixtures and mirrors.
4. Remove debris and other trash from the facility.
5. Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
6. May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
High Ethical Standards
The cleaner performs their work in a variety of building settings; office, warehouse, theater, hospital, government, manufacturing facility, and other general public and private common areas. The cleaner may come in contact with various contaminants; allergens, chemicals, viruses, bodily fluids and such. Appropriate personal protective equipment shall be provided and utilized to the fullest.
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, twists, and moves continually during working hours. Is subject to lifting / carrying over 35 lbs. Backpack vacuums are utilized and weigh approximately 12 lbs. full.
This position may be required to travel 0-20% of the time for the purposes of the care of multiple buildings.
Required Education & Experience
Preferred Education & Experience
1 year cleaning experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass criminal background check.
Must pass initial and random drug screening.
Traveling Cleaners are required to possess a valid driver’s license and current insurance.
Woodley Building Maintenance (WBM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WBM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WBM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WBM employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employees are the lifeblood of our organization and with this in mind Woodley Building Maintenance has gone to great lengths to have a diverse team in the building services industry with the depth and breadth of talent to allow us to deliver service excellence consistently.
Our passionate leadership and management team is experienced, tenured, and knowledgeable about all areas pertaining to building maintenance, and is focused on providing direction and support needed to sustain a customer-focused culture.
Woodley Business Maintenance gives you the unique opportunity to grow as a person. We provide a one-stop building maintenance solutions, which means we have many hats to wear, so to speak. Interested in wearing one of those hats? We'd love to connect.
Cleaner -Ccq31 -Up To 19Hrs Flexible Schedule
Position Summary: Responsible for all cleaning tasks as assigned by Supervisor and as per contract specifications. Tasks include bathroom maintenance, floor care, window cleaning, general office cleaning, grounds keeping and power washing. This position is considered Entry level; employment may last “up to” 24 months. This position may have supervised/unsupervised contact and/or conversational interaction with consumers while working in the residences, day treatments and habilitation facilities.Essential Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate skills in glass surface cleaning (i.e. windows) and general floor care (i.e. stripping, waxing and buffing).
- Ensure SAFETY in every aspect of the program by means of:
- Maintain appropriate behaviors when traveling/performing/socializing
- Practice proper way to bend, carry, lift &kneel
- Load equipment into van ensuring passengers safety and good visibility for driver
- Operate machinery safely, (i.e. unplug machine when replacing a pad)
- Ensure that, on job sites, unused equipment/chemicals are kept to the side in an orderly fashion to prevent others from tripping
- Use caution signs at all times when sweeping, stripping, mopping and waxing
- Inquire about appropriate usage/procedures of chemicals and/or read products labels
- Ensure SAFETY in every aspect of the program by means of:
- Bathroom disinfection and deodorizing
- Window cleaning
- Carpet vacuuming and shampooing procedures.
- Debris removal
- The use of Gas powered grounds keeping equipment will also be required.
- Use of low speed and high speed floor machines.
- Successfully complete all stripping and waxing assignments as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Clean equipment after usage (i.e. rinse mops and wipe machinery). The cleaning of vans may also be requested
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth by Clean Corp
- Lift/move heavy objects on occasion (i.e. bring buffing machine upstairs/downstairs; load equipment into the van: carry heavy supplies (chemical buckets) ).
- Duties may require to climb a ladder if necessary (i.e. change a light bulb; clean surfaces and/or high dusting).
- Ensure proper cleaning chemicals are diluted as per specifications and utilized properly. This requires the ability to identify and read labelsOther Responsibilities
- Replenish supplies upon return from the job site
- Participate in on-going trainings and attend regular scheduled staff meetings.
- This does not limit the assignment of duties or exclude the performance of other duties not mentioned as assigned by your supervisor
- Be flexible as work schedule and locations are subject to change.
- Mandatory participation in weekly career clubs to secure competitive employment within 24 months.
High School Diploma preferred. Completion of a competitive Employment Program preferred; knowledge of cleaning equipment and maintenance procedures. The employee must be able to obtain and wear a company uniform. NYS Driver’s License a plus.
Now Hiring for :
Full Time Positions Available!
24/7 distribution environment. Hiring for all shifts!!
Job duties include:
Emptying garbage/ trash bins, sweeping and moping floors, power washing, detailing, and cleaning restrooms.
Employees will be trained and certified to use motorized pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbers, and floor cleaning equipment.
All applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs, be available to work weekends, must be able to work in a warehouse environment;
may include refrigerated/ frozen foods warehouse, temperatures down to -20 degrees.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily
a bar to employment, and a drug screen are required.
Housekeeper / Cleaner
- Cleaning / disinfecting rooms and furnishings
- Provide trash collection in assigned work areas, following established policies and procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the building and grounds
- Move furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Performing a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the facility in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition.
*Position includes Union Benefits
- High school education or equivalent is desirable
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred
- Good personal hygiene and neat appearance
- Must be able to understand oral and written instruction
- Must be able to pass extensive background check
House Cleaner Trainer
AWESOMENESS REQUIRED! Housekeeping Maid Easy is a local residential house cleaning company looking to grow our team by a recruiting positive Bilingual (Spanish and advanced English) speaking individual to assist with training and on-boarding of new cleaning staff and supervising their work and/or cleaning customer homes when not training new hires. Advancement to F/T Trainer/QA Position possible. important requirements for any team member is that you must be AWESOME!!!
How do we define AWESOME?
- Go-Getter: You have a hard time sitting at a desk all day because you like to move and stay busy.
- You Follow Directions and have a keen Eye For Detail - you notice little things that others miss.
- Excellent Communication
You know how to listen to others and express yourself clearly.
- Must LOVE Cleaning: This is essential. We thrive on ensuring our clients experience the feeling of entering a clean environment. To be successful, you must feel the same way.
- Early Bird: You are a morning person who loves to start their day with a BANG!
- Optimist: You see the glass as half full & don't allow challenges to derail your day.
- Eagerness to Grow & Learn: You give 100% all the time are always looking for the opportunity to improve. You like feedback and strive to do your best.
- Multi-tasking: You can rub your belly & pat your head at the same time. When given big projects with many small pieces, you say "BRING IT ON!"
What We Provide:
- Comprehensive Paid Training. This isn't like cleaning your own home. We are going to show you how the pros do it!
- Positive Work Environment- Negativity & drama are not welcome here
- Friendly Work Environment- Open communication and collaboration
- Bi-Weekly Compensation- Our cleaners average $450 - $600 per week plus mileage, and potential for monthly bonus and tips
- No Weekends required. Paid Holidays. & Paid Time Off For Full Time
- Advancement Opportunities
- Emphasis on Personal Growth
- The ability to lift 30 lbs; stand, bend, kneel, push, pull and perform cleaning duties
- Ability to read, speak, and write English fluently
- Have a valid driver's license
- Your own transportation to and from our office. Car insurance is required and will be verified.
- Need to pass a back ground drug screening and criminal background check
Monthly Bonus available. Strong tip earnings also possible.
Carpet/Air Duct Cleaner Assistant
We are seeking a Carpet/Air Duct Cleaner to become a part of our team!
- Furnish tools, materials and supplies to other workers
- Clean carpet/air ducts/upholstery/tile & grout
- Upsell add on services
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment/work vehicle
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Track all equipment and supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields
- Must have valid PA drivers license & have reliable transportation
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Pass criminal backround check
- Clean & professional appearance
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
We Have Top-Notch Equipment – We invest in our company and utilize state-of-the-art truck mounted steam cleaning. The results will be obvious when we finish your project.
We Guarantee our Work – You will be satisfied or we will give you your money back:end of story..
Pressure Washer / Tank Cleaner
We are looking for a mechanically inclined field technician to run a pressure washer and clean tanks. The job requires a drivers license to drive one of our small trucks. You must have a good driving record. This is a full time position with overtime. We have medical benefits and a 401K.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!