Clinical Analyst Job Description Sample
Job Title: Clinical Analyst
Immediate need for a Clinical Analyst in Addison, Texas. This is an exciting opportunity to work in Healthcare Analytics for a rapidly growing organization where you will support the growth and optimization of the business through data analysis, ad hoc reporting, and overall process improvement.
This position is responsible for all things ‘reporting and analysis’ as it relates to the clinical aspects of the business. Position will work with business unit leaders to provide decision support and drive efficiencies. The company is looking for someone who is self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Query and analyze clinical, financial, and operational data.
- Produce reports, dashboards, and analyses to provide insights to business.
- Provide clinical insight as it relates to complex claim level data sets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Clinical and/or Coding background required
- Strong in MS Excel
- Experience (0-1 year) in MS SQL (basic querying and joins)
- Strong healthcare experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion and hunger to grow in analytics/BI as it relates to clinical initiatives
- Degree or relevant experience in either a clinical capacity or surgical coding.
- 0-2 years of experience in decision support/business analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
The Clinical Analyst serves as the primary clinical information resource for implementation support of the CliniComp product line, serving as the liaison between site contacts and CliniComp departments. The Clinical Analyst is responsible for supporting the full cycle of customer site implementation from kick-off to go-live optimization.
CliniComp, Intl. is a global provider of electronic hardware, software and support solutions that has maintained an unrivaled track record of performance and reliability in complex high acuity hospital environments for decades.
We are a San Diego based company made up of inspired people that form a team as strong as each of its individuals. We design, develop, and implement cutting-edge technology that contributes to fundamental advancements in computer science. As technology advances, we adapt and evolve so that we remain at the forefront of our industry and continue to provide unrivaled performance and reliability.
We strive to find self-motivated team players; problem-solvers who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, who love innovative technology as much as creating it. If you’re smart, creative, ambitious, and always looking for ways to improve, we’d like to talk with you.
- Participate in client kick-off meetings for new implementations, troubleshooting, escalation of issues
- Conduct product demonstrations and implementation overview
- Work with client to document current workflow at site, identify future workflow and identify and document necessary configuration changes to support future workflow
- Designs, builds and tests system configuration
- Assist client with configuration requests, training, go-live support
- Conduct or supervise training of client super and end users; hold phone conferences or webinars to provide consultation
- Perform implementation assessment and follow-up
- Participates on cross functional, integrated teams to troubleshoot complex problems across multiple domains
- Translates business requirements into technical solutions
- Conducts quality reviews of system builds
- Participate in tradeshows, user group meetings and other events
- Prepare reports for management as needed
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
Core Competencies/Skills: Knowledgeable of hospital clinical environment, clinical workflow and electronic medical records, health care IT trends and guidelines for documentation, adult education principles, internet navigation, WebEx and MS Office. Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing with a wide range of people. Good understanding of management theories. Strong analytical, critical thinking, time management and organizational skills. Problem identification and resolution skills at a strategic and functional level.
Work Environment: Exposure to various business environments with moderate noise levels created by computers and/or printers and light traffic; use of standard office equipment. At various sites will enter active patient care areas. This position is based out of our headquarters in San Diego, CA or remote location to support global customers in their respective time zone/region.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for long period of time; manual dexterity to operate equipment and tools; vision requirements include ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision; stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel; climb and reach above shoulder level; lift/carry up to 20 pounds. Ability to work long, early morning, late night and weekend hours.
Travel: Travel domestically and internationally at 50% to 100% of the time. Must be able operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a US Passport.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Working knowledge of the hospital clinical environment and clinical workflow.
- At least 3-years acute healthcare nursing experience including using an electronic medical records system.
- Experience working with customers; excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience as a classroom trainer, super user and/or over the shoulder implementation support staff.
- Problem identification and resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Strategic thinker and ability to translate strategic plan into a practical operational plan.
- Proficient with computerized data processing, including but not limited to Excel, Microsoft Office, data bases, internet, and other software as needed.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD ADP clearance and a VA High Risk Background clearance.
- Informatics Nursing Certification.
- Master’s degree in Informatics.
- Three years’ experience in the healthcare information technology market.
- Experience defining and launching healthcare applications at customer sites.
- Experience supporting a comprehensive software product.
Security Clearance: The start of the security clearance process is up to the discretion of the company and may begin no later than the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment, and commensurate with job requirements and the needs of the business. Successful completion of the security clearance process may not be required for every position but all candidates must be willing to submit to the process if requested by their manager according to the requirements of the position and business needs.
CliniComp, Intl. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!