Clipper Machine Job Description Sample
Insert Machine Operator- 3Rd Shift
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of quality payment solutions, multi-channel marketing campaigns, and secure data-driven lead generation programs and critical communications. In addition, Harland Clarke provides promotional products, call centers, and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions.
The company delivers operational excellence and intelligent solutions to more than 50 million consumers and 5 million small and medium sized businesses per year through its relationships with 8,500+ of the nation's leading financial institutions, large retailers, affiliate marketing companies and accounting software providers. Harland Clarke is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com or follow Harland Clarke on LinkedIn and on Twitter @HarlandClarke.
Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
Insert Machine Operator
High Point, NC
3rd Shift: 10:30pm - 7:00am
Insert Machine Operator will be responsible for running an auto inserter machine while maintaining production and quality expectations. Individual will be responsible for minor mechanical repairs to his or her machine. Position requirements also include metering mail and learning the different postage rates.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Run Automated Insert Machine (ie GBR) while making basic mechanical repairs, based on product criteria, manually box/insert special items into the envelopes prior to running through sealer.
Meter mail and learn different postage rates, where appropriate.
Conduct quality audits on each job to ensure proper postage and stock.
Education & Knowledge Required
High School Diploma or equivalency required. Basic computer knowledge/skills required.
Prior inserting machine experience a plus, must have previous machine operating experience. Basic mechanical trouble shooting skills required.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
Previous GBR or similar Insert Machine experience a plus. Basic mechanical apptitude required. 1-2 years machine operation experience.
Communication & Contacts Required
Good communication skills, interacting with peers and direct management.
Under direct supervision of department
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Manufacturing, required to wear hearing protection and safety shoes. Regular walking, standing, kneeling, bending, and stooping. Position may require lifting up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis and 70 lbs. on occasion.
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Laurel K Reddish at 616-541-3145.
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Machine Operator (Composites) 1St Shift 7:00Am-7:00Pm
19845 US Hwy 76 Newberry South Carolina 29108 Why Valmont Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe.
We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities.
We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD. Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Composite Machine Operator position in the Composite department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will set up and run various profiles and all variations of pultrusion machines according to line package specifications.
Additionally, you will… Maintain roving in creel racks, string setups per drawings, load mat and veils, install tooling, guides, puller pads, etc. in their correct location to produce quality products Run various profiles and machine according to line package specifications including setting of heat zones and pull speeds on all variations of pultrusion machines Cut finished parts to correct length, label, and package/bundle per written and/or verbal instructions Regularly inspect parts for quality at prescribed intervals per written and verbal guidelines using samples and various measuring instruments Troubleshoot and correct various operational and quality problems Assist in disassembly and assembly of equipment and tooling in preparation for changeovers and startup of new profiles Record time, production information and other necessary documentation for reporting purposes Detect and report defective material, improper equipment operation and unusual conditions to supervisor Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, safe and orderly condition Follow all standard and/or prescribed safety regulations Follow all standard operating procedures Train and assist in development of less experience personnel Proper housekeeping of your area at all times What it takes Required Qualifications Ability to work effectively from drawings, sketches, tables and schedules Ability to use and read tape measures, gauges, hand and portable power tools, calculators, clippers as well as specialty quality control measuring devices Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations Must have to ability to stand for extended periods of time, use hand and arms to reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel and lift up to 70 lbs. without assistance Work with and around chemicals/solvents and work in hot and cold environments Highly qualified candidates will also possess: High School diploma or equivalent Ability to interpret and follow written and verbal instructions Ability to effectively troubleshoot processes and take corrective actions Ability to utilize proper decision making techniques Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Job Title: Operator Trainee
Shift: 12 Hour Day & 12 Hour Night
Why Choose Sabert?
Sabert is the perfect size for people that don't want to feel lost in the shuffle! Our team members enjoy working in a collaborative environment focused on growth and long-term success. We are looking for people who want to learn and make an impact on our organization. Our consistent growth creates opportunities to expand your role. This growth can in part be attributed to the drive and dedication from the great people we are proud to call our employees. If you are excited to tackle challenges with a positive "can-do" attitude, come grow with the Sabert team!
Pay, benefits and more
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
Operator Trainee, learn the required procedures and processes/thermo-forming to become Level 1 Operator.
What your typical day will look like at Sabert:
Keeping entire line in a neat and clean manner using Good manufacturing practices.
Setting up and operating material blender system to keep production line supplied with material.
Starting up and operating the vacuum loading system.
Performing quality checks and maintain proper paperwork, while ensuring all product meets or exceeds minimum standards for quality packaged finished goods.
What you will need to be successful:
Previous manufacturing experience.
Train and become able to perform proper lockout-tagout procedures, proper confined space entry, and to use hand tools.
Become knowledgeable in the startup and operation of a material weigh hopper.
Become knowledgeable in the operation, function, and cleaning requirements of the dust control system.
Physical Demands and Expectations:
Standing (95% of the Day)
Lifting (no more than 50 lbs.)
Exposure to extreme environmental temperatures in production.
Wear all assigned safety personal protective equipment at all times as required by Sabert policy.
We are a leading global manufacturer of innovative food packaging products and solutions. Our company was founded in 1983 on a single mission: to enhance and advance the way people enjoy food. Today we design, manufacture and distribute a wide spectrum of packaging solutions for food distributors, restaurants & caterers, grocery stores, national food chains and consumer entertaining.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Senior Machine Builder Custom Industrial Equipment - MI #5069
Senior Machine Builder Custom Industrial Equipment - MI #5069
Location Grand Rapids MI
The Senior Machine Builder constructs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems for custom factory automation equipment. This role participates in the coordination and integration of equipment and involves liaising with mechanical design engineers, controls engineers, machining specialists and project managers in accordance with all applicable plans. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Read and interpret drawings and blue prints
Devise a plan for the build of complex assemblies
Troubleshoot mechanical issues
Manage time and expectations across multiple projects
Work well in a team environment
Ensure that changes and problems are documented and communicated properly
Assist with preparing material for secondary processes
Communicate with team members on project progress
Effectively and safely operate hand and power tools, mills, lathes, drill press, surface grinder, saws, and shears
Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area
Tools required to perform position efficiently
Ability to train and teach less experienced machine builders
Education and Experience Requirements
Three (3) years minimum building custom industrial equipment or machines
High school degree or equivalent
Basic computer skills
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1.3+ years of experience building custom industrial equipment or machines.
2.High School Diploma or equivalent.
Controls Engineer - Machine Builder
Why work here?:
- Variation of projects in the automotive industry
- High level of independence and ownership of projects
- Flexible work hours
- Family-based culture
- Health insurance premiums for employee AND family covered 100%!
- Simple IRA company match up to 3%
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days
- Travel to Germany for training!
- Lead the development of software machine concepts, design of control software, integration of software with electrical and mechanical systems, process development and machine installation at customer sites worldwide for assigned projects.
- Function as the software leader in working with the mechanical and electrical designers during the design process to develop a controls system that will enable the machine to perform its intended function.
- Work with project managers, customers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete functional system.
- Accurately report software design status to the Controls Software Manager.
- Design and develop software programs (PLC and/or PC based) specific to customer and project requirements based on standard company U.S. programming methods.
- Select, test, and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems, lasers, and other control related hardware.
- Verify that the software design package is complete, accurate, and safe based on sound design practices and accepted standards, prior to release to the shop floor.
- Debug and commission control systems at our facility during the system integration stage and then at the customer’s site during installation.
- Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify that the software program meets the project requirements.
- Provide accurate documentation for each project.
- Provide customer with training specific to their current project. i.e.: machine operation, programming principles, program structure, solving technical issues.
- Travel, as required, to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training duties.
- BS degree in engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years programming and troubleshooting experience with current controls hardware and programming software in the industrial automation environment.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages and software development for PLCs/PCs, motion control, robotics, and vision.
- Proven leadership qualities including good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with and motivate team members, and a desire to take responsibility for key aspects of the software design needed for project completion.
- Experience in the assembly of special purpose machines, automation or robotics.
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential.
- Willingness to travel and to work on weekends/Holidays (as needed) up to 40% per year
- Self-directed and results-driven
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Keeping a daily record of hours worked and preparation of various reports
Machine & Tooling Sales Repreentative
- A background in CNC applications, service and/or operation of machine tools
- At least five years experience in machine tool, industrial or capital equipment sales
- Desire to be the commission leader in the field
- Experience with tooling, fixturing and CNC programming
- Highly motivated, independent worker
- Exceptional customer following and loyalty; relationship builder
- Excellent computer follow-up and tracking skills
- Executive image and conduct
Software Engineer Co-Op, Machine Learning - Fall Semester
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for Fall semester.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the following:
- End-to-end pipeline for annotation, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Services and dashboards for training progress and validation metrics
- Crowdsourcing pipelines for collecting internal and external annotations
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) applications
- Work with product owners and customers on understanding their learning applications, assisting with integration and providing ML expertise
- Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of machine learning experience
- Previous software development experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Image processing
- Creating clean C++ code
- Object-oriented design
- Rapid development and prototyping in Python
- GPU compute
- Familiarity with at least one of the following, or similar platforms:
- MXNet, Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Dlib, scikit-learn
Part Time Machine Operator
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!