Cloth Designer Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
Cabinet Designer / Kitchen & Bath Designer
We are seeking a Cabinet Designer / Kitchen & Bath Designer to join our team! You will be responsible for providing customers with a memorable overall experience.
- Supervise and coordinate all cabinet sales
- Perform initial design meeting, preliminary design, initial & follow up quotes
- Coordinate with other Wolde project managers to integrate cabinets into overall project.
- Coordinate with manufacturing on latest trends, samples, and pricing.
- Coordinate marketing and advertising to generate sales
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation regulations
- Previous experience in cabinet design &/or kitchen and bath design
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
8751 Hwy 72 West
Madison, AL 35758
UX Designer & Visual Designer
We're looking for a dynamic person that can join our AgilityHealth startup team to fill the role of UX and Visual Designer on a part-time or consultant basis.
We are looking for the kind of person who can take our product, AgilityHealth (www.agilityhealthradar.com), to the next level by helping us make it easy to use, take it to the next level of modern and contemporary design for SaaS startup software.
We work in a fast-paced environment facing lots of growth and are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, can wear multiple hats and loves being part of a transformative product that is making an impact globally!
Significant experience designing information architecture and application flows
Significant experience creating wireframes & mockups of various levels of fidelity
Familiarity with modern application architectures and design approaches for both desktop and mobile, e.g. responsive design
SaaS experience preferred
Able to help the team establish UI standards, build a style guide and create pattern and component libraries
Prior experience with/exposure to user research and usability testing a plus
Organized and detail-oriented
Experience working on an Agile team (Scrum and/or Kanban) and with Agile frameworks
Familiarity with Lean Product Development practices
Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Not afraid to ask questions and collaborate with team
Team player, willing to jump in and help out his/her team mates
Excited to grow and learn with the team
This position is located in Omaha, NE.
Our team is a fun, high-energy group that is passionate about what we do and the clients we serve. If you have what it takes and are interested in joining a fast-paced, innovative company, apply today!
Perks & Benefits
- A collaborative, colorful and modern office space
- Paid time off (vacation & holidays)
- Flexible, fun & engaging work environment
- We are always celebrating something
- Bottomless coffee
- Relaxed dress code
Intermediate Designer / Sr. Interior Designer
Two positions available:
1. Intermediate Interior Designer / 2. Sr. Interior Designer
Firm Profile: Michael C.F. Chan & Associates, Inc. Architects and Interior Designers is a full service firm that provides comprehensive Architecture, Planning and Interior Design services. The firm has served a variety of international and U.S. clients ranging from private individuals to large corporate firms. Our practice focuses on the very high-end custom estate and custom corporate office design projects.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality design personalized service through a comprehensive approach to each project, seeking the best design solutions by integrating all the elements of the design process including master planning, landscape, exterior architecture, interior architecture, furniture, fixtures and equipment, including accessories, art and antique collections. Through this process, our firm creates unique, memorable and quality lifestyle designs.
We are looking for candidates that possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- Intermediate Candidates requires a minimum of 4 years of Interior Design experience, with increasing responsibility
- Sr. Candidates requires a minimum of 8 years of Interior Design experience
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with strong management background
- Take projects from all phases of design, including procurement to installation
- High-end residential estate and corporate interior experience
- Coordination with consultants, vendors and owner
- Procurement, scheduling, and installation
- Familiarity with custom furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) & accessories is a must
- Sourcing and procurement of all FF&E items
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take direction and lead with minimal supervision
- Motivated Team Player with team attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills -- identify possible solutions- plan of action
- Familiar with Excel, Word, Outlook, Photoshop and Design Manager A+
Salary negotiable Excellent benefits
For details, please visit http://www.mcfchan.com
Please submit your resume along with samples of work.
2 -3 years clothing design experience. Sewing a major plus. Must have experience with Adobe Photoshop. this is an immediate position with excellent opportunity for advancement.
Mechanical Designer / Draftsperson / Mechatronics Designer / Detailer
Mechanical Designer / Draftsperson / Mechatronics Designer / Detailer
Are you a creative thinker? Do you like variety in your job? Do you enjoy a fast paced environment? Can you execute a project? If so, R+D Custom Automation would like to talk with you about a Mechanical Designer / Draftsperson / Mechatronics Designer / Detailerrole.
R + D Custom Automation, a leading manufacturer of custom automation equipment, is currently looking for a Mechanical Designer / Draftsperson / Mechatronics Designer / Detailer to join our team. We are searching for a highly motivated, self- starter who has a passion for Design and wants to develop these skills in the Medical/Pharmaceutical and Consumer goods industries.
Mechanical Designer / Draftsperson / Mechatronics Designer / Detailer Opportunites Using both AutoCAD and SolidWorks:
Job Description for Engineering Draftsman / Draftsperson / Designer / CAD Technician / Detailer:
· Layout and design electro-mechanical equipment from engineering notes and sketches.
· Create detail and assembly drawings for systems and products including instruments, robotics, assembly machines and additional mechanical, thermal, and heat transfers systems.
· Update detail and assembly drawings
· Update electrical / pneumatic drawings
· Work in a hands-on environment with advanced technologies.
· Follow standard drafting procedures and best practices.
· Create concept drawings for sales support.
· Assist sales department in preparing estimates and quotes.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Engineering Draftsman / Draftsperson / Designer / CAD Technician / Detailer Requirements:
· SolidWorks design experience
· AutoCAD mechanical design experience
· Strong skills in MS Office products
· Excellent time management and problem solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Can communicate clearly with others in a professional manner
· Experience in Mechanical Engineering Technology, CAD, drafting, or related area of expertise
· Availability to work overtime as needed
· Standard working hours are M-F 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
· An ideal candidate will have the capability to grow into a Design Engineer role within 5 years.
· Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer attractive, competitive compensation, excellent benefits, 401k, bonus and profit sharing programs.
Kitchen Designer - Bath Designer
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates sounds good to you, HLC is the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
HLC, a third generation family owned and operated business is currently seeking a goal-oriented, highly motivated individual to fill an immediate need in our Showroom for a full-time Kitchen and Bath Designer and Salesperson. Knowledge of the kitchen and bath industry is required. The ideal candidate will exhibit a passion for design with a focus on providing an exemplary customer service experience for clients.
All stages of project execution, from design and pricing to deliveries and installation including:
- Assist clients in a professional, courteous manner with product selection and provide design suggestions
- Client meetings and site measures
- Design with 20/20 (drawings and renders)
- Preparing detailed proposals with descriptions and pricing based on the needs of the customer
- Placing Orders
- Liaison with factory
- Delivery line-ups
- College degree preferred but will consider equivalent industry experience
- Two or more years background in Kitchen and Bath Design and Sales preferred
- Ability to read blueprints (20/20 Design Software a plus)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously without compromise of detail or accuracy
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must be a team player and work with Interior Designers, Architects, Builders, Homeowners and Vendor Partners to deliver a best in class experience for all client projects
- Willingness to continue to grow career and expand expertise and knowledge, inclusive of participating in product training, adhering to changes in construction processes as well as continuing education programs
Digital Designer / Web Designer
Digital Designer Job Description
Leading technology firm Comodo (comodo.com) is looking for a digital designer with 0-2 years of experience to join our growing on-site, in-house creative team at our Clifton, NJ headquarters.
This all-star will translate our messaging into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes for our 50+ web properties to create great user experiences. We have our own highly refined way of doing things around here that’s driven by measurable data, actionable intelligence and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), for starters. You’ll do great work that meets our business goals.
You will be involved on everything and anything: branding, print, graphic design, signage, trade show booths and more. You must be interesting and interested, vibrant and full of life, knowledgeable on a wide range of topics that have nothing to do with the business.
Please provide a link to your online portfolio.
· Create and continually improve Comodo web properties and digital assets that produce increasingly better, measurable results.
· Turn goals, directions and talk into wireframes, mockups and comps.
· Create rich user experiences, esp. for our digital presences.
· Work with everyone: creative team colleagues, Comodo web developers and design teams around the world and internal stakeholders.
· Be progressive and on the leading edge of design. Champion great work and be prepared to back it up with sound rationale and logic.
· 0-2 or years of design experience, with an emphasis on UX. Preference given to candidates with B-to-B experience, esp. in the tech space.
· If you have experience in motion graphics, animation and/or minor editing, all the better.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of current design frameworks and standards, including: responsive design, creating for a mobile experience and infinite scrolling.
· Ability to visually articulate user-centered design and testing.
· Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
· Be a team player (no prima donnas). Willingness to work with everyone on whatever needs to be done.
· Show thought leadership. Exude a passion for UX and design. Educate your co-workers on the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
But with innovation always comes risk. Security is always the last layer to be added in any transformational idea, and malware and cyberattacks now threaten the economic and societal progress that these technology tools provide. They have created an environment of vulnerability and exposure, where individuals and corporations can't feel they trust the experience of being online, of collaborating across geographies, of exchanging information safely.
Enter Comodo, a company that has been built upon the very foundation of trust, believing that every single digital transaction must have a built-in layer of trust and security. Thousands of companies and organizations rely on Comodo's technology to authenticate, validate and secure their most precious asset – information - and to combat constant malware threats and cyberattacks that are creating havoc on a global scale.
From the individual to the corporation, everyone has the right to a trustworthy and secure environment and it is the job of Comodo to provide the technology solutions that secure and preserve that experience. For the employees of Comodo, this is our life's work – creating an environment of trust for our current and future customers.
Machine Designer / Mechanical Designer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide mechanical layouts and details to production.
- Assure that product, as designed, is in conformance with Lincoln Electric Automation Solutions quote and customer purchase order.
- Update of design package to reflect "as shipped” configuration of any critical item.
- Provide technical assistance to Estimating, Sales, Production and Service as required.
- Collaborate closely with a talented team of analytics engineers and analysts.
- Precisely communicate to customers automated solutions both verbally and in written form
- Collaborate with manufacturing, purchasing, and visual media departments to maintain budgets and project timing
- Work effectively in a fast paced, highly data driven, changing environment. Multi-tasking and prioritize projects
- Call and chair kick-off meetings
- Work with estimating and applications departments generate kick-off documents
- Communicate with project team and customer on all project tasks, including schedules and open issues
- Multi-tasking the project lead of smaller welding cell systems concurrent with larger projects
- Monitor and track outside vendors
- Track project progression relating to Client, material, and customer specifications
- Provide 'closed order' analysis on completed projects
- Visit customer facilities as required
- Work well with Machine builders, Management, and support functions.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Degree in the engineering field desired
- 2 + years related design experience, preferably with machine design and manufacturing processes
- AutoCAD and 3D modeling
- Design experience in special machines, tooling, weld cells, robotic equipment, and other machine solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Commitment to company values
- Educational, training, and experience requirements may be modified at the Managements Team's discretion.
- Safety (OSHA STDS)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Repetition with activity; computer work. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2004 Rev C certified, as well as a Minority Business Enterprise.
Our mission is to provide solutions for global organizations of all sizes through candidate proficiency, innovative technology, and process enhancements for engineering and IT advancement.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!