Cloth Designer Job Description Sample
Quartz is looking for a product designer based in New York to join our growing design team.
As a designer at Quartz, you'll be able to touch a wide range of our products, including QZ.com, apps, special projects, and yet-to-be-released offerings. Qualified candidates should have experience designing digital products with a focus on usability and UI design.
Solve complex technical problems in simple, creative, and interesting ways
Design user interfaces, systems, and flows that are simple, user-friendly, and elegant
Prove that you can manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
Understand the requirements of a project, communicate ideas clearly, and contribute to high-level strategic decisions
Collaborate and draw insights from our research and analytics team
Prove that you have a strong understanding of layouts, typography, and design systems
Create low and high fidelity prototypes to test flows and interactions out
Why design at Quartz?
Design shapes the experience.
As a designer, you'll have the chance to work with a talented group of engineers, product managers, and editors, who all have a passion for pushing the limitations of what editorial design can be. Our team embraces the research, prototyping, and experimental thinking that goes into the building of a great product. We take intelligent approaches to solving design problems and never settle on the first solution. Our team isn't satisfied with the status quo of design and is always looking to improve how our readers experience and consume Quartz's content.
Quartz is an API.
As a global news organization, we believe that our content should live and breathe wherever our readers are. For Quartz's design team, this means that we have the opportunity to help craft and reinvent great experiences in more places. We think broadly about our products and make sure they can work across multiple platforms whenever possible. This gives our team plenty of opportunities to develop ideas and experiences for a wide variety of products across our brand.
We grow and learn as a team.
Our design team is small, so understanding each other's projects and giving critical feedback to one another is a crucial habit for us. The only way we'll get smarter as design thinkers is to push each other to think differently about how we approach and execute projects. We embrace the challenges that are set forth, win and fail as a team, and continue to learn from the products we ship.
Embrace the medium, and experiment with it.
As a designer at Quartz, you'll have the opportunity to work with illustrators, videographers, animators, and writers. So how can a user interact with these mediums in unique ways? How can you elevate the project and create compelling storytelling with them? How can you create unique experiences with it on mobile?
Come work with us!
If you're interested in the position, please send us your résumé and portfolio, and tell us a little bit about why you think you're the best candidate for this position.
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
Spirit of Generosity - Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Quartz Media LLC is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ux/Ui Designer - Sr Product Designer (Contract)
This is a 6 week contract position.
We are a digital nursing education product with 200,000 users seeking a product designer to aid in developing a beautiful and friendly user experience. This is a big job and requires dashboard, account, lesson, search, exam, design and much more. You're gonna need roll up your sleeves and dive in on this job.
We are looking for a user-experience/interface (UX/UI) designer able to understand our product requirements and any technical limitations and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX/UI designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
You will work closely with the PM, CTO, and CEO to:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX/UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX/UI and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Immediate start
- Relaxed work environment
- Ability to work in a fast growing company
- Highly competitive pay
- Snacks and beverages provided
Web Site Designer / Graphic Designer
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Texas, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Employee will serve as a Web Site Designer / Graphic Designer providing Intelligence Automation Support to INSCOM.
Experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality
3 years of web site graphic design experience with enterprise-level
SharePoint design and branding, CSS development, and delivery of hardcopy graphics (examples: brochures, bookmarks, and/or business cards)
Experience writing and reviewing SOPs, process documents, business plans, CONOPS, and other technical documents
Experience working within the intelligence community
Knowledge of governance, including policies, practices, procedures, and decision forums
Ability to develop unconventional solutions for customer requirements in a collaborative environment as part of a dynamic team and independently with customers at all levels
Ability prepare and present briefings and training
Ability to independently initiate, manage, execute, and report tasks, as identified
Possession of excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Current TS/SCI required.
Personnel must meet/exceed the IT-1 Personnel Security Standard per AR 25-2, Paragraph 4-14
UX Designer I
UPMC has an exciting opportunity for a User Experience Designer I in its Consumer Innovation department, located in downtown Pittsburgh at the Heinz 57 Center.
The UX Designer I is responsible for the creating of the concept and prototype ideas in a highly collaborative environment where you will need to balance client goals with the behaviors and needs of the user to create world-class digital solutions that achieve the objects of Consumer Innovation. The UX Designer will solve large and complex problems while delivering high quality solutions for clients.
Design and Creativity: Demonstrate a body of work that showcases concepts, prototypes, and final deliverables informed by user insights. Exhibit exceptional understanding of human-centered design best practices, standards, and user interface design. Design and facilitate workshops and other activities to identify business goals, establish priorities, align needs, generate ideas, present findings, etc.
Facilitation and Communication: Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome. Ability to communicate complex ideas in an easy to digest format, utilizing a variety of media and effective storytelling. Effectively communicate research findings and present design recommendations by demonstrating superior oral and visual communication abilities. Collaborate and communicate effectively with other designers and business and technology stakeholders on multiple projects.
Identify opportunities for design innovation in healthcare through rich ethnographic, analogous, and design-led research practice.
Process Management and Lifecycle: Ability to prioritize amid demands and time constraints while meeting deadlines and schedules as required to develop and bring products into marketplace. Proven track record of taking high-profile projects from concept to completion, aligning stakeholders, clients and contributors.
Providing site concepts that take into account both client and user needs.
Research and Analytics: Demonstrate a strong design-led and human-centered approach to research. Proficient in the creation and synthesis of several of the following: surveys, interviews, participation activities, analytics reporting, digital user testing, etc. Create service solutions that positively impact the health care and health insurance experiences. Create tools informed by research, such as personas, journey maps, service blueprints, importance/difficulty matrix, etc., to inform the overall design process. Evaluate existing consumer products and experiences for actionable critique and improvements.
Bachelor's degree in design, UX, product development, communication, anthropology, psychology or related discipline from an accredited college or university (or comparable degree and/or experience).
Experience in a consumer product design, service design, product development or related role (required). Related educational experience including internship/externship will be considered.
Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research through methods such as interviewing, observation, surveys, participation activities, and document and literature reviews.
Successful synthesis and analysis of findings. Experience working across the entire design process from user research, insights, ideation, prototyping & iteration, detailed design and bridging to implementation.
Experience with digital product development with proven ability to translate business and user problems into solid solutions (preferred).
Experience in the following with depth of expertise in at least one of them: Information Architecture, User Research, Usability Testing, Interaction Design, Content Strategy, Human Factors, Visual and Information Design, Ethnographic Research.
Working knowledge of design tools, including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Axure, UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop, or equivalent software.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Web Designer is responsible for collaborating with other employees to create visual design for high-quality websites, mobile apps, email campaigns, digital catalogs, store displays and other digital collateral. An understanding of typography, layout, animation, and interactive design will be needed to help our team create the best work possible.
• Associate’s Degree, BFA or equivalent in Graphic Designer related craft. Equivalent experience will be considered as well.
• A portfolio of work that demonstrates your skill, process, and taste for visual aesthetics. Portfolio MUST contain examples of digital work.
• A diversity of creative interests beyond visual design such as video editing, photography, animation, storyboarding, programming, user experience, or other. Surprise us.
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Eagerness to develop your craft through practice and staying up to date on new trends and tools.
Submit your resume and portfolio here, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a UI/UX Designer with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable project managers, engineers and support staff. Expectations for the position include working independently with minimal guidance and supervision on challenging problems. As a company that has historically focused on software engineering, we are looking for a candidate who will help build out our skill set in minimalist designs in both UI/UX for native mobile, hybrid mobile, and web for our clients. Additionally, you will be asked to contribute to the firm's identity and brand with marketing campaigns for client projects, our own website and social media. We believe in our Final 1%™ method: with every step, we ask our team what more can be done to improve the build.
As a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to firm culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. You may also have the opportunity to work in other languages and frameworks if you so desire. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude and huge potential to learn. We offer competitive salaries, industry-leading medical benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability, and an impressive 401K matching program. Depending on the candidate, relocation and signing bonuses may be available.
- Work closely and collaborate with UI/UX Director
- Design and deliver full feature-set applications for hybrid (both iOS and Android) mobile applications in the connected devices (IoT) space.
- Review, develop and implement print and digital marketing campaigns for client projects.
- Interface directly with clients to help hone and refine client brands and direction.
- Must have a minimum 4 years of mobile UI/UX experience, with a focus on minimalist design
- Experience with IoT/connected devices mobile apps highly desirable and preferred
- Experience with hybrid mobile platforms preferred
- Both institutional level and start-up experience in very fast paced environments preferred
- Experience with consumer products a plus
- Experience interfacing with Product Managers, Project Managers and software development teams to execute designs and meet deadlines a must
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects)
- Experience creating and managing marketing campaigns through social media, web and print
- Communication skills and teamwork are a high priority
- This is a 100% on-site role, no remote opportunity
- Local to Los Angeles, no relocation assistance available
- Work with some of the best Engineering talent on the planet.
- Health- 100% Employer paid, no out of pocket monthly premiums (for employee only)
- PPO dental coverage
- PPO vision coverage
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) matching, up to 4% of base salary
- Length of Service awards- Including 4 week sabatical!
- Office coffee machine/snacks/candy/fruits/beverages
- Monthly catered team lunches
- Ergonomic chairs and Optional standing desks
Associate Ux/Ui Designer
We are a technology consultancy working with healthcare marketing teams to dramatically improve and enhance the digital patient experience. We fundamentally believe that digital tools should provide better control, transparency, and choice for healthcare consumers. Finding a doctor should be as easy as comparing flights with Kayak, and booking an appointment should be as easy as hailing a car with Uber.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work:
- Check out the Duke Health website. We designed and built the entire thing.
- Find a location at Manatee Healthcare using this mobile app. We design and built the feature set and user experience.
- Search for a doctor at the Carilion Clinic website. We recently helped them transform their site experience and digital tools like search and find-a-doc.
We tackle interesting projects on cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, designers (that’s you), project managers, strategists and analysts. These team members work very closely with each other and the client to design and build awesome, consumer web and mobile experiences. We conduct user research and establish ourselves as the expert on a project team when asked “What’s best for the customer?”
We're currently looking for a hardworking UX/UI Designer to lead user research and visually design innovative user interfaces for some of our best clients. The right person for this role has received training with both UX research and high fidelity visual design, is a great communicator, and understands how to design with a purpose. Ideally, they will also have some work experience through full-time work or design internships. This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA.
Here are a few specific things we’d be looking for you to do:
- Conduct user experience research and testing: We want you to be incredibly connected to the designs you are producing and the goals those designs are working to accomplish. By getting involved in this work you’ll be able to interview live users of the client’s website or app, develop personas, and conduct research that provides a clear understanding of how design, site architecture, and content can impact the user’s experience.
- Create exciting and effective visual designs: Once the UX research is done, it’s time to put pencil to paper (so to speak) to create high quality designs that will help the end user realize greater value from their web or mobile experience.
- Meet project goals and deadlines: We operate a robust project management practice that helps us stay organized and iterate our work to create client value faster. This involves being a part of regular meetings and collaborating with the rest of the team within two-week sprints.
- Bring design best practices to the table: We’d consider you the design expert on each project and would be looking for you to ensure that design best practices are being followed at all times.
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are critical to this role:
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written)
- Be naturally curious and love problem solving
- Have experience doing UX and UI design on multiple projects via work or educational experience
- Enjoy working together with developers to bring a design to life
- Understand the principles and practice of Mobile First and Responsive web design
- Be an expert using industry standard design software like Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Have a positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic
- Be able to think commercially and translate business goals into your work product
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
- Have a college degree or a similar degree of life experience
- Be passionate about interaction design and ready to share your favorite blogs, authors, etc.
- (Bonus) Have 1-2 years of work experience in design
- (Bonus) A working knowledge of atomic design principles and use of pattern libraries
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the work associations and general camaraderie with other “Modeans.” We also work with great clients who value us and our contributions.
Second, Modea offers a great benefit package that provides both a fun and enjoyable workplace and great perks that will improve your quality of life:
- Flexible paid time off
- Modern, open plan office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Team lunch every Friday
- Regular employee events (parties, community service, etc.)
- Discounted gym membership
- Paid downtown parking
- Generous health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with fully vested company matching
- Long term & short term disability insurance
If you’ve read to this point you should probably apply. Not ready? Shoot us a note at email@example.com with any questions.
Temporary/Project Fashion Athletic Wear Designer
We are innovative fashion powered by tech. frilly provides a fashion destination upon which you are given the power to customize designer quality garments with the click of a button. That's what we know, what we love, and who we are. We are empowering change in the fashion industry by leading away from mass production and towards a cleaner, more sustainable future.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the candidate should be a quick learner, a self-starter, dependable, and proactive. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong designing concepts. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong creative thinking skills, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
A temporary/project based athletic wear designer is needed to work on developing a (2) piece measuring suit. In this role you will help with the final look, fabric selection and oversee the rounds of fitting. This is a 2-4 weeks role. A Designer with 2-3 years of design experience is preferred. Located near Downtown LA.
Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
As a UX Designer at Parsons, you will be working with a team that designs the future of Cyber Security. You will wireframe and prototype intuitive user experiences, identify design problems, and craft elegant solutions. You will also innovate methods of problem solving while maintaining a user-centric approach. Finally, you will collaborate with stakeholders and developers to ensure the design vision is executed.
Craft User Flows and Journey Maps
Wireframe User Interfaces
Conduct Usability Testing and Heuristic Evaluations
Synthesize customer requirements into meaningful features
Learn and understand users' needs, behaviors, and emotions
Work within a team to envision product strategy
Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Graphic Design, Computer Science, or related User Experience/User Interface Design field
0-2 years of related experience
A portfolio representing a diverse set of UX and UI design skills
Ability to maintain a top-secret clearance
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal Background Investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
DoD Top Secret clearance
Experience using Axure, Adobe Xd, Sketch, or other wireframing and prototyping software
Knowledge of computer Networking Protocols
Working within an Agile environment
About Larson Design Group
Larson Design Group (LDG) is a growing, employee owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, and Surveying Firm. We have ten office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, and West Virginia. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees, and community stewardship. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
This position is an Architectural Designer position that will operate within Retail Design Department and will assist engineers in designing & compiling drawings and permit packages. The successful candidate should have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and other software/drafting programs. .
Proficient architectural skill sets, ready for active participation in all phases of the design process
Innovative thinking, balanced with ability to present real-world technical solutions to new design challenges
Must thrive with personal responsibility and accountability, but embody and embrace open communication and team-oriented success
Open minded and willingness to learning new methods and technologies
Prepares simple drawings, drawing sets and other tasks as assigned in an accurate and neat manner
Performs building surveys, field work with other staff as assigned
Experience and Education
Associates Degree in Architectural Technology. Bachelor's degree preferred.
4+ years of related work experience in the field of Architecture
Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD & Revit at a minimum. Knowledge of other relevant software/drafting programs (Sketch-up, 3ds Max, Photoshop, etc.) is preferred
Basic experience in creating a set of construction documents
Strong communication and graphic skills
Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
Ability to produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
LEED accreditation a preferred
Larson Design Group is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!