Cloth Designer Job Description Sample
What Assembly contributes to Cardinal Health
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production to put together component parts to make assemblies, sub-assemblies or completed units, using standard operating procedures. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
Responsible for transporting the cloth rolls from the weave room to the cloth room.
Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must attend all monthly scheduled Safety Meetings.
Retrieve cloth tubes from storage racks.
Transport cloth tube on buggy to weave room and push buggy to loom being doffed.
Stop loom. Use channel lock pliers to release handle on bracket to release tension on tube.
Doff cloth and cut cloth from loom roll.
Load empty tube back in loom. Wrap cloth around tube, tighten brackets, and start loom.
Pick up cloth doffed and put on cloth buggy.
Transport cloth to cloth room
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years related work experience and/or training required
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under moderate degree of supervision
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Graphic Designer / Web Designer
- General graphic design responsibilities
- Work directly with the software development team for UI/UX
- Troubleshooting issues
- HTML and CSS
- Exceptional graphic design skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (advanced knowledge preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service manners
- Ability to multi-task
- Good writing skills
Designer - Paid Social
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
thredUP is looking for a passionate and creative designer as a full time hire. If you're looking to gain real experience in a fast-paced start-up environment, thredUP is the place for you. You'll work closely with a small team of designers and be expected to contribute to the wide range of needs across the company, from traditional print to digital.
Creation and development of direct response graphics, videos, animations
Development of online marketing campaigns in collaboration with creative and marketing leads
Concept and develop creative ads while following brand guidelines and best practices
Fast and flexible work style with strong communication skills
Understanding of typography, photography, spatial relationships & other design elements
HTML/CSS coding a plus.
A strong portfolio that demonstrates your process and design thinking specifically for direct response (Facebook, YouTube, direct mail)
Experience in across a variety of channels (web, mobile)
3-5 years prior work experience in a related full-time role
Effective time management skills to balance project schedules and fast-paced deadlines
Ability to understand business strategies and user research
Ability to interpret and extend existing brand and product guidelines in the context of developing new experiences
Must be fluent with Adobe Suite. Strong After Effects / Video production skills
Familiarity with Facebook Business and Google Adwords platforms.
Designer Associate Or Designer
NOTE: Education and relevant experience will be used to determine appropriate salary and grade level to fill this vacancy.
Designer Associate (entry level)
Designer (intermediate level)
Perform daily work activities with direct to moderate supervision. Work activities to be performed include the preparation, development and coordination of maps, sketches, diagrams and other engineering related drawings in 2D/3D. The following are activities that will be performed, but not limited to.
Create, revise and maintain engineering and record drawings and sketches.
Support the creation, revision, and maintenance of facilities and equipment documents, including but not limited to construction, equipment, property documents and records.
Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
Coordinate information and design across a multi-disciplinary team to ensure deliverables are compliant with project expectations.
Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work which may include:
Voltage drop and cable sizing,
Conduit fill calculations,
Oil containment sizing.
Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
Work with other organizations of the Company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
Read vendors' prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate the information into the work being performed.
Create bills of material and submit requisitions for the procurement of the project equipment.
Provide support to construction and professional field service personnel to resolve issues and concerns during the construction phase of projects.
Assist in training AEP employees in basic skills of the position.
Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the AEP corporate policies.
Support the AEP Corporate Compliance policies.
Sr Technical Designer
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The Sr. Technical Designer teaches, mentors, and clearly communicates processes, procedures, and technical skills to Tech Designers. They are responsible for facilitating the transition of apparel styles from design concept and first prototype to a final, production ready prototype. Sr. Technical Designers lead fit sessions with the respective designer and cross-functional team by ensuring the technical, functional and physical fit are appropriately executed to achieve the design aesthetic. They identify potential production, quality and costing challenges and make recommendations. Sr. Technical Designers are responsible for effectively communicating to business partners fit intent, balance and construction.
Have an elevated sense of style and aesthetic with a continual pulse on current and relevant market trends and emerging technology
Expertise in understanding of physical fit; evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
Recommend fabric silhouette compatibility that ensures execution of design intent
Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent
Research, analyze and conduct competitive deep-dive fittings providing learnings and recommendations at style/category level on fit, sizing and construction
Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories
Lead fit session on live model or mannequin
Effectively communicate design's fit intent to vendors for bulk production while maintaining corporate standards
Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
Evaluate garment to ensure global compliance of spec and construction
Strive for continual improvement that drives product and process enhancements
Identify and proactively engage supervisor and Business Partners when issues arise
Track and manage workflow and workload for own product and ensure product areas are maintained with cross-functional team; gather information and update all reports necessary for meeting
Meet seasonal and Brand deadlines
Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate
Foster an open communication and team environment with all business partners
Build and develop technical skills of direct report, if applicable
Hold self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes
May include international travel up to 2 times per year
Minimum educational level
- AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent
5+ years' experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
2+ years' of people management experience
Knowledge, skills & abilities
Mastery in fit and patterning making - including grading and construction manufacturing methods for multiple product types, categories and divisions
Proven track record of driving results through self and others
Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
Superior organizational skills with ability to multi task
Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interface regularly with senior/executive leadership
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively influence
Excellent computer skills – PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber, Lectra, Optitex, Microsoft Office Suite
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Instructional Systems Designer
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct analyses to identify and validate training requirements and document results of analyses.
- Design and implement training-related human performance improvement (HPI) interventions.
- Design, develop, and implement prototype and final courseware for interactive multi-media, computer-based, web-based, and distributed learning presentations to include gaming applications.
- Apply Instructional Systems Development principles in the development of new/modified training devices.
- Plan and accomplish production of instructional materials, e.g., Authoring Instructional Materials, Content Planning Module, Computer-Assisted Instruction and supporting documents.
- Provide CSS in preparing the following Products/Documents/Reports:
- ISD: Training Situation Analyses, Training System Functional Descriptions, Military Characteristics, Instructional Performance Requirements, Instructional Media Requirements, Instructional Media Design, Training Program Structure, Course Conduct Information, Training Conduct Support, Training Evaluation, Test Package, Instructional Media Package, Training Systems Support; Electronic Performance Support Systems (EPSS);
- HSI: Mission Analysis, Mission Scenarios, Functional Flow Block Diagrams, Operational Sequence Diagrams, Performance Baseline Specifications, Quality Function Descriptions, Top Down Functional Analysis, Workload Analysis, Test Analysis, Manpower Estimation;
- Knowledge and application of Instructional Systems Design procedures, for the functional design of a variety of military training, training support systems and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in computer base training, web-based training (WBT) for interactive courseware to design products, e.g., flowcharts, storyboards and computer program design documents.
- Knowledge of processes such as ISD, NTSP, and Top Down Functional Analysis (TDFA) to support training program developers and other technical support personnel.
- Practical knowledge and skill in interpersonal communications with civilian and military personnel, including oral briefings/presentations, listening techniques, and developing written material, especially technical reports documenting research and analysis performed, e.g., MIL-PRF-29612 and MIL-HDBK-29612.
- Understanding of military training (preferred)
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned
- MA/MS/MEd and two (2) years of experience in Instructional Design.
- Allowable Substitutions: BA/BS degree in Education, Instructional Systems, or related field and three (3) years of experience in Instructional Design or Degree in Education or related field with twenty-four (24) hours in specific education areas. Instructional Systems major is preferable. The twenty-four (24) hours must fall within learning theory, instructional design, instructional development, evaluation, computers in education, and include four (4) of these five (5) categories.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
Coley is seeking an individual who demonstrates strong ability to collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to conduct needs/task analyses for professional training and solutions to performance based problems, create training objectives, design content, and develop assessments while demonstrating sound instructional principles, strategies and techniques. This includes compiling and organizing information, and writing and editing instructional materials to adapt classroom-based courseware and products, reference documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive eLearning training.
You will work onsite at the George P. Shultz National Foreign Affairs Training Center in Arlington, Virginia. Situated in a campus-like setting of 72 acres, the Shultz offers more than 800 courses (nearly 600 on campus and 275 via distance learning platforms) with approximately 170,000 enrollments annually.
Your work will help FSI continue to be a catalyst for Global Change by employing cutting-edge educational technology, the latest advancements in cognitive research, and the work of innovative thought leaders from around the world to broaden organizational capacities and to strive for better outcomes for our country and the world.
What You’ll Bring…
- Expertise in professionally writing, reviewing, and editing storyboards in timely fashion.
- Highly skilled in detail-oriented documentation, with significant abilities in communicating verbally and in writing with Government Project Manager, SMEs and programmers in a tactful manner, as well as providing written feedback to Government Project Manager and clients.
- Ability to design a wide variety of web-based multimedia training applications. Proven expertise serving as instructional designer of eLearning courses or projects that demonstrate sound instructional principles, strategies and techniques and are SCORM and Section 508 compliant.
- Significant experience with distributed learning applications, interface usability, Section 508 accessibility, SCORM, learning management systems, and integration of streaming media into web-based training applications, including training interface with learning management system Learn.com.
- Clearly and effectively interpret and report course/product item evaluations.
- Familiarity with industry standard and USG web development policies and standards preferred.
- Significant, proven experience as a member of a team; positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.
- BA/BS in any relevant field is required. MA/MS preferred
- Minimum 5 years of progressively challenging instructional design experience at a mid or higher level
- 2 years’ instructional design experience at a mid or higher level plus BS/BA
- U.S Citizenship required
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including base salary, generous paid time off, and a full range of benefits including medical, RX, vision and dental coverage for full-time regular employees. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Short & Long Term Disability, and Group Life and AD&D Insurance; plus Optional Life Insurance is available for both the employee & family members. We also provide many other benefits including an Employee Recognition Programs, Employee Assistance Program; Training for Technical, Professional and Personal Development; Employee Performance and Idea Incentives; and Discounted Merchandise Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sr. Designer - Digital Communications
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop innovative and engaging digital experiences that incorporate digital best practices as well as align with business and design goals.
- Provide strategic recommendations on new and interesting ways to drive web engagement
- Use innovative design styles that enhance the end user experience
- Help lead usability testing and research; translate findings into functional improvements
- Embrace challenges and always be looking for ways to improve the product
- Champion American’s internal visual design and brand standards and maintain consistency and ease of use across all digital channels
- Embrace the creative process through discovery; explore and create conceptual models, flows, sitemaps, and navigation schemes
- Deploy content from various content management systems utilizing CSS/HTML skills
- Look for ways to leverage innovative emerging technology to accomplish communication and engagement goals
- Minimum 3 years experience in developing engaging web-based interfaces
- Strong visual design skills including screen layouts, information design, motion graphics and typography
- Experience working in a mobile first design and/or native mobile app environment with a focus in iOS and Android OS.
- Experience with responsive/adaptive design techniques
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and manage a web development project from initial design concepts to implementation
- Experience with user testing to inform design and development
- Experience with organizing large amounts of content to deliver user interfaces that are meaningful and easy to use/navigate
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, Agile based, iterative environment
- Experience working with social business or enterprise social collaboration platforms such as Lithium, Jive/Aurea, Yammer, SharePoint, or Salesforce.com communities
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates required skills and detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in Python and Swift preferred
- Experience working with the iOS and Android SDKs preferred
Ui/Ux Designer / Front-End Developer
Join a passionate, innovative team creating apps for global enterprises
Our client, a leading developer of enterprise apps is looking for an exceptional UI/UX Designer with FE development skills to join their team. They are seeking someone with a passion for outstanding UI design and pixel-perfect web development. This role can be remote for exceptional candidates; preference is given to candidates based in metro Atlanta area.
This is a great opportunity to unleash your creativity in a fast paced, “startup like” environment
- Create and maintain style guides for multi-brand product portfolio
- Design eye-catching graphics for email marketing campaigns, digital advertising campaigns, videos, product documentation pages, marketing landing pages, marketplace product listings, and more
- Maintain consistent brand guidelines across all marketing assets
- Collaborate with product marketing managers to prioritize projects and manage workflow
- Work directly with the marketing team and external vendors as needed to ensure successful delivery of press ready files for print and optimized files for mobile and web
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of print production, color requirements, preflight packaging, and common print pitfalls to avoid.
- Optimize all graphics and website code for desktop and mobile devices.
- Create and oversee a digital archive of all creative assets in a collaborative design platform
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 3+ years professional design and web development experience in a professional design/advertising agency, major tech startup, or Fortune 500 brand
- Ability to travel to tradeshows and team meetings
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat; experience with Premier Pro a plus.
- Experience creating engaging illustrated animations for web and video a plus
- Ability to effectively prioritize, self-manage, and work independently
- Demonstrable experience with Webflow.io, Unbounce and Optimizely platforms
- Experience with Atlassian tooling, such as Trello, Jira, and Confluence, a plus
- Experience coding email templates and troubleshooting inbox rendering issues a plus
Electrical Engineer / Designer (1168)
Excellent salary and benefits package.
- 3-7 years of experience working at role at an MEP or A&E firm
- Experience in the design of power distribution and lighting for complex buildings.
- Registered EIT in the state of OK desired.
- Proficient in Revit. AutoCAD experience desired as well.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Legally authorized to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!