Cloth Doubling And Winding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Wire Winder – Industrial Equipment
Responsible for the wire winding of complex machinery assemblies as well as other assignments in the factory as needed to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives.
Looking for someone with great work ethic, high energy, positive attitude and very detail oriented (due to quality requirements).
In this role you need to perform:
Operation of wire winding machine process.
Consistent use of basic metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc.) to take precise measurements.
Adhering to quality control directives.
Operation overhead cranes, forklifts and scissor lifts.
Work with engineering/manufacturing teams to resolve issues and optimize processes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Associates degree in electro-mechanical, Trade school diploma in industrial maintenance or similar applicable field experience.
5+ years' experience assembling electro-mechanical equipment / machinery.
Experience on industrial and/or machine tool equipment with strong attention to quality at tight tolerances.
Blueprint reading, machine shop skills.
Basic computer skills – data entry.
Avure Technologies manufactures High Pressure Processing (HPP) equipment that helps producers increase food safety and extend shelf life, while providing consumers with nutritious, natural food. One of the fastest and most reliable systems, Avure equipment is used to treat the majority of all HPP-protected food around the world. Food manufacturers of all sizes, including the world's largest poultry producer, rely on Avure's HPP technology to serve up healthy, delicious and safe products, doubling and tripling shelf life without chemicals, additives or heat. In fact, you'll find foods processed by Avure HPP systems in every corner of the world. It's an exciting time at Avure. We may be the global leader in HPP, but we believe our greatest accomplishments and innovations lie ahead. That's why we're always searching for passionate, analytical, entrepreneurial and top-notch talent to help us achieve our goal of advancing the field of HPP even further. For immediate consideration, email your resume to: email@example.com. EOE
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
[DE1]THIS EEO STATEMENT MUST BE INCLUDED AT THE END OF EVERY JOB AD WE POST – FEDERAL LAW REQUIREMENT.
To setup and operate winding machines and wind a variety of small and medium size power and specialty transformer coils.
1.Works from engineering drawings, specifications, design prints, and manufacturing practices.
2.Setups winding machines and expandable mandrels.
3.Brazes copper leads.
4.Winds single and multi-conductor disc, single and double helix, and layer windings including rectangle, barrel, and elliptical forms.
6.Recognizes conductor pressure points and how to insulate these areas.
7.Builds winding bridges and risers used in disc windings.
8.Refers to manufacturing practices, standard practices, winding prints and bills of material to interpret and obtain the winding form size, conductor size, turns, layers, tape, glue, insulation and dimensions to name a few key items.
9.Adjusts and maintains conductor tension in order to meet coil dimension requirements.
10. Recognizes conductor and winding defects in order to take corrective action including notifying a supervisor as needed.
11. Repairs coils of any type and size at various stages of manufacture and in certain field situations.
12. Provides assistance to the supervisor in on-the-job orientation and training of other employees as well as helps out in other work centers on a temporary basis.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX Corporation is a leading supplier of highly engineered HVAC products, detection and measurement technologies and power equipment. With operations in about 20 countries, SPX Corporation has approximately $2 billion in annual revenue and approximately 6,000 employees worldwide. SPX Corporation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol, "SPXC". For more information, please visit www.spx.com.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Civil Engineering Manager
Global Leader seeks Civil Engineering Manager
Position: CivilEngineering Manager
Pay: Based on experience
Our client is one of the world'slargest producers of wind-power production. They are currently looking for aCivil Engineering Manager. The CivilEngineering Manager acts on behalf of the EngineeringDepartment to ensure that the Civil Engineering group provides consistent,high-quality, cost-effective, and timely deliverables and products for theconstruction of wind and solar energy facilities. Oversees, guides, and manages the work ofthird-party consultants. Promotes environmental stewardship and a health- andsafety-focused culture within the Civil Engineering group. Provides support to operating facilities asneeded.
- · GlobalLeader in wind farm and solar panel markets
- · Top 3in net installed capacity in the United States with 2,300 turbines producing 40million hours of operational history
- · Aculture that is team-oriented, rewarding of good work, and focused on careerdevelopment
- · Growthexemplified by doubling wind-power production since 2009
Manage, expedite, and supports consultants'document submittals, budgets, and schedules.
Maintain and foster contacts withconsulting engineers and material suppliers.
Serve as an interface between the Engineering group and internal clients,including the Construction, Operations, Development, Environmental, Estimating,Energy Assessment, Health & Safety, Procurement, Legal, and CentralTechnical Direction, to facilitate interdepartmental relations
Assist with the development of new civilengineering guidelines and maintains and improves existing guidelines,implementing industry and company best practices consistent with the CentralTechnical Direction initiative;
Ensure that the civil portion of theestimated Balance of Plant cost is optimized by providing accurate projectlayouts and road plans with constructability and operability needs reflected inorder to maximize Power Purchase Agreement award potential;
Act as a subject matter expert regardingsome civil engineering activities, such as surveying, aerial mapping, geotechnical investigations, wind turbine foundation design, Solar panel pile /foundation, road design, and O&M facility;
Interact closely with internal teams toensure that project needs and objectives are met
Prepare civil-related scope documents,exhibits, budgets, specifications, schedules, and Requests for Proposals(RFPs);
Lead or participate in project meetingsand conference calls;
Ensure the production of quality civilengineering plans, studies, and specifications while ensuring compliance withdepartment, project, company, and industry requirements and standards;
Participate in engineering, design, andconstruction review processes;
Lead and conduct value-engineering studiesof alternative design approaches;
Review civil discipline calculations andequations pertaining to foundations, roads, and geotechnical studies andsurveys;
Interpret plans, specifications, drawings,and documents related to engineering and construction;
Direct and manage due-diligence reviews ofwind and solar farm civil designs by independent engineers to ensure designsuitability for project financing;
Direct and manage the work performed bycivil engineering consultants, including aerial mapping, surveying,geotechnical investigation, foundation design, and public and private road design,and O&M facility, and evaluates consultants for maintaining qualifiedbidders lists;
Ensure that health and safety needs areincorporated into all designs;
Ensure that lessons learned, crossplatform design standards, and best practices are incorporated into projectdesigns;
Providethe preliminary internal engineering needed to support the Developmentpipeline, including providing preliminary road layouts, and surveying activity;
Provideoverall site assessment, including existing road evaluation, identification ofpotential wetlands, and proposed collection system layouts;
Coordinate project construction with
Project Managers and Site Construction Managers to resolve critical andtime-sensitive construction-related civil issues;
Ensure that final constructiondocumentation (i.e., "As-Builts") accurately reflects the installed facility and is complete for allproject work;
Maintain active involvement in all phasesof work related to civil design, including wind turbine micro-siting, solarproject siting, and access road location;
Maintain active involvement in all phasesof work performed by Electrical Engineering Managers related to civilengineering design, including high-voltage substation location and generatorlead line and medium-voltage collection system routing;
Ensure that responses to Requests for
Information on projects under construction are provided in a timely manner;
Attend monthly project constructionmeetings to maintain current knowledge of project status and to provide supportand direction to achieve on-time project completion;
Collaboratewith Operations and Asset Management staff to ensure that designs captureoperational experience and needs;
Lead orassists with investigations of civil-related issues at operational wind andsolar farms, including root cause analysis as needed;
Directnew civil design for existing facilities as needed due to weather-relatedissues, land owner issues, or project modifications;
Supportdevelopment of detailed standard maintenance procedures for operatingfacilities as needed;
Additionalduties as required.
Direct Reports: 0direct reports; manages multiple external consultants
Expenses: ElectricalEngineering CAPEX budget
Travel:50 – 60% - Willingness and ability to travel
· Bachelor'sdegree in Civil Engineering
· 5 – 10years of design and engineering experience
· ProfessionalEngineering (PE) licensure
· Comprehensiveknowledge of applicable industry standards and codes, including UniformBuilding Code (UBC), International Building Code (IBC), American ConcreteInstitute (ACI), American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), ConcreteReinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI), National Fire Protection Association,(NFPA), and American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
· Comprehensive knowledge of land surveyingmethods and practices, aerial photography and mapping (including UTM and NADcoordinate systems), and geospatial references
· Proficient knowledge of all applicable aspectsof the civil engineering discipline, including expert knowledge in at least twosubject matter areas
Proficientknowledge of AutoCAD, GIS, and other discipline-relevant software
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational commitment and highattention to detail
· Strong level of initiative and ability to workunsupervised
· Ability to demonstrate strategic vision
· Strong time-management skills
· Ability towork successfully with a team daily in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Demonstrated ability to provide engineeringsupport on multiple concurrent projects
· Ability to plan, schedule, track, and monitorproject progress; knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera preferred
Strongwritten and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
No corporate sponsorshipis offered in conjunction with this job.
For fastest response, put your name and the job title in the subjectheading:
Last Name, First Name – Civil Engineering Manager
Contact: Christine Anadell
We are looking for an experienced course developer and instructional designer to join our Product Team at DigitalMarketer. This position will drive one of the single most critical functions at DM: ensuring our members and customers have access to high-impact, up-to-date training on what’s actually working today in digital marketing.
Success in this role requires a unique blend of experiences, including, curriculum design, instructional design, project management, video production, as well as business development and relationship management know-how.
This individual will also be expected to know enough about the digital marketing field to identify new trainings that need to be created, legacy trainings that need to be updated, and the subject matter experts that need to be leveraged to bring this critical knowledge to market.
If this sounds like a challenging job, that's because it is. But we happen to believe that the right person for this position will be attracted to, and inspired by, such a challenge.
Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Manage, own, and continuously improve the planning and creation of engaging, industry-leading workshops, courses, and certifications
- Work with existing subject matter experts (the “DM Faculty”), and systemize the process of developing new trainings, while at the same time ensuring that legacy trainings remain timely and up-to-date
- Ensure the quality and consistency of all new trainings, and work to ensure that legacy trainings are continuously improved to adapt to new standards of production quality and design
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Team to identify highly desirable training product topics and work with existing subject matter experts or seek out new subject matter expert relationships to have those products produced
- Collaborate with the Events Team to program and structure DigitalMarketer events, including our flagship event, Traffic & Conversion Summit
- Collaborate with the Monetization Team to identify choke points in the customer journey and create training products that expedite the movement of the prospect through this critical phase of the customer journey
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to identify and fix inaccuracies and weaknesses in our product line as communicated by our customers
- Work with the Content Team to identify new premium training opportunities based on high performing topics on the DigitalMarketer's blog, podcasts, and video channel
- Create internal playbooks to train and uplevel your fellow DM team members (we eat our own dog food, so If your trainings aren’t good enough for your own team, then they certainly aren’t good enough for our customers)
- Collaborate with a talented team of product managers, graphic designers, video producers, event managers, and community managers to produce a best-in-class learning experience for DigitalMarketer's customers.
- 3+ years successfully planning, creating and delivering training and/or certification courses. Courses with associated certification and/or formal assessment are a plus. Bonus points for classroom teaching/training experience. Double bonus points if you’ve created courses related to the digital marketing field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to represent the company both to customers and business partners
- A proven ability to create and manage systems and processes that consistently produce high quality training courses
- A passion for digital marketing (Ok, so maybe “passion” is a little strong, but you should at least be able to spell “SEO”)
- Must be coachable enough to learn from those who have more experience, but independent enough to do your own thing when you truly believe your idea is the right idea. In other words, be a part of the team while simultaneously knowing when to challenge the status quo (it’s ok…we don’t bite)
- A near-obnoxious, but not overly-obnoxious, attention to detail. In other words, people who work with you should be occasionally annoyed by you, but still like, and above all else, respect you. (By the way, this job posting is intentionally long-winded, with long paragraphs, and lots of random little facts and instructions. Hemingway would not approve, and normally we wouldn’t either, but occasionally there’s a method to our madness. Then again, sometimes we just do stuff because it makes us laugh. If you wind up working here, you’ll need to be ok with that, too.)
- Experience working in a smaller, startup-type environment. While we are not a startup, our company culture is still highly lean and entrepreneurial, so if you’re used to suits, ties, and personal assistants getting you coffee in the morning, I can assure you that this is NOT the role for you. In fact, I’m pretty sure the last person who asked our office manager, Claire, to “Fetch them a cup of coffee…” lost a finger. So definitely don’t do that. For more insight into our company’s culture, be sure to check out our “We Believe” video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvlf0Wg37N4
- An intense desire to be measured and be rewarded when you perform according to those measurements. (Success in this particular role will be measured based on the satisfaction scores of our members as well as the instructors you support.)
- A willingness to “get your hands dirty.” While you will have the support of a team, if you think you’re above creating a course or conducting a webinar, please do not apply. At DigitalMarketer, we pride ourselves in being DOERS, so while you must have strong management and delegation abilities, if you aren’t willing to DO (even if it’s just to show your team how it’s done), please do not apply.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Matching!
Exact compensation will be discussed during the interview, but as a general rule, we believe in paying people well and giving them a fun place where they can do meaningful work.
DigitalMarketer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DigitalMarketer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assistant Professor - Jazz Studies (Tenure-Track)
Job Posting Title:Assistant Professor
- Jazz Studies (Tenure-Track)
Department:LSUAM College of Music and Dramatic Arts (Todd Queen (00009394))
Work Location:LSU - Baton Rouge
The School of Music at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position of Jazz Studies to begin Fall 2018.
This full-time appointment (9 months) contributes to the high quality, comprehensive music program of the College of Music and Dramatic Arts. The position entails recruiting and teaching students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and contributing to the Jazz Studies area. Duties include teaching applied lessons, courses, chamber music, and the LSU Jazz Lab band (50%), creative activity (40%), and service (10%).
The LSU School of Music seeks a recognized artist/teacher in jazz studies. Successful candidates will demonstrate an active career as a performer, a desire to maintain and extend performance activity, and experience in jazz pedagogy.
Applicants must possess a DMA in jazz or a related field, or have demonstrated equivalent professional experience. Saxophone/reed specialist desired, although all qualified applicants will be considered.
The College of Music and Dramatic Arts is a performing arts community that trains, cultivates, prepares, and rewards excellent artists, educators, scholars, and performers--fostering passion for the arts, collaboration and the creation of new works. We engage with our community, heightening our collective ability to communicate with expressive power and purpose.
LSU is a national flagship institution with world-class intellectual and creative resources. Located in a dynamic city situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana's vibrant, evocative and diverse culture. The state capital, Baton Rouge, is a thriving city that is home to both LSU and Southern University and numerous businesses and industrial facilities, with a metropolitan area population of over 700,000.
The LSU School of Music offers a comprehensive music program with nearly 500 majors. It has over 50 faculty, 20 professional staff and 90 graduate assistants.
It sponsors nearly 300 recitals, concerts, operas, and lectures each academic year. Degrees offered include the PhD (with concentrations in composition, EMDM, music education, musicology and music theory), DMA (concentrations in choral conducting, performance, wind conducting), MM, BM, BME and BA (Liberal Arts).
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Application review will begin on November 15, 2017 and will continue until a candidate is selected. Inquiries can be sent to the committee chair, Dr. Willis Delony, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Job Description:
Special Instructions:Required Application Materials and Deadlines:
Documents as follows: 1) Letter of application, 2) current vita, 3) three letters of recommendation
Recordings demonstrating mastery of various styles. If saxophone is the primary instrument, doubling proficiency is requested.
Repertoire should consist of a mixture of standard and original compositions/arrangements. All audio/video samples should be submitted via publicly accessible Dropbox or YouTube links. Physical materials such as CDs and DVDs will not be accepted.
Application deadline: November 15, 2017
Posting Date:October 27, 2017
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
Additional Position Information:
- An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
- LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
Essential Position (Y/N):No
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!