Cloth Finisher Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
Concrete Finisher 1733832
CRS is seeking concrete or masonry helpers for positions in Spartanburg. Looking to make money for the holidays? We can help! Short-term assignment that can lead to permanent position. Apply today in person or online.
*Experience with finishing concrete/precast
*Will take a ruler test
*Industrial construction experience is preferred
*Ability to do heavy lifting (50+ lbs.) and other physical tasks
*Good work ethic and attitude
*Steel toed shoes
*Finish concrete product according to plans
*Assist during pouring of concrete
*Make corrections to finished product including plates, cut outs, and anchors without assistance
$13/hr and up, depending on experience
Monday-Friday. Long, day shift hours and overtime.
Apply with CRS in person Monday-Friday from 8am-11am/1pm-4pm at:
337 Spartangreen Blvd.
Duncan, SC 29334
Or Apply Online Now!
Cabinet Maker / Cabinet Spray Finisher
High end mill-work/custom cabinet shop looking for highly skilled self-motivated craftsmen to join our team. We are currently looking experienced cabinet makers and spray finishers.
We specialize in residential Kitchens, Libraries, bars, built-in cabinetry and architectural millwork.
Applicants must be able to; Run/set up all woodworking equipment, read and understand shop drawings and plans, have a valid driver’s license, and have a positive attitude with excellent drive.
Looking for experienced Commercia Drywall hangers and tapers, Pay is based on experience with the following listed items.
Please provide and accurate description of previous experience
Accurate taping and sanding of drywall Experience in finishing to prepare for paint coat and job closure
Ability to use power tools to mix and apply spackling
Experience in framing steel studs and acoustical ceiling tile installation would be helpful
Clean up job site and all tools at the end of each day
Ability to follow direction from onsite foreman
The qualified candidate for the position would have:
Reliability and professionalism
Attention to detail
Great work ethic
Solid calculation and problem-solving skills
If you feel that you would be a great fit here, apply with your resume today!
Subcontracting position to start with possibility of full time position depending on performance
Benefits include:* 401K after 6 months with 4% matching
One week vacation for first year with 1 additional day for each year of service
6 paid holidays per year
This is a full time position doing paint and drywall repair for remodeling and renovation jobs. We do both residential and commercial projects.
A good driving record is required, and you must be able to pass a background check.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes.
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Smooth out imperfections, prepare walls for paint
- Apply drywall to walls or ceilings as needed.
- Prepare panels for painting by taping or finishing joints.
- Prepare walls by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, and plumbing.
- Fill joints in-between with spackle.
- Press paper tape into compound, smooth away excess material.
- Cover nail and screw depressions with spackle., apply second and third coats of compound.
- Sand areas after each coat as needed
- Professional attitude
- Great communication skills & customer service
- Must be able to identify and repair metal defects, finish metal, repair welds, repair torque defects, repair weld studs and fit panels together.
- Must be able to perform repairs in a clean, temperature controlled, high volume, assembly line production environment.
- Must be able to thrive in a team oriented environment.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Concrete Form Setter And Finisher
looking for concrete form setter and concrete finishers,
About the Organization: PHD's Mission is to create 'Positive People, Vibrant Places and Exceptional Experiences', where our team and the community can connect and where profitable operations create expanded opportunities for all.
Precision Hospitality Development, the franchisee for Dunkin' Donuts is hiring now! We have part-time/full-time Baker/Finisher for Dunkin' Donuts! In particular, late night/early morning hours are in demand.
The company is growing with more store openings planned for the future. As a result, opportunities exist for pay increases and promotion.
Wage increase opportunities
Management training and promotion opportunities
Free coffee and donut at the start of your shift
50% off all items at the end of your shift
20% off for food and drink when you aren't working
Schedule flexibility is a big plus.
Join Dunkin' Donuts team today! Your future awaits you. Apply online at www.phdcoffeeanddonuts.com.
Position: Baker/ Finisher
Description: Responsible for delivering great and friendly guest experiences by preparing products with precision, according to operational and quality standards, and serving them with enthusiasm in a clean, fast paced environment. Work as part of a team to meet our guests' needs and give them a reason to come back.
• Food Handler's Certificate California
• Age 18+
• Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
Shift: Various Shifts
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Concrete Flat Work Finisher
We are looking for at least one person to join our team with Tucker Concrete, LLC. We are looking to hire flatwork finishers. We need experienced people in this trade. We have 3 builders we work for as well as all the homeowner jobs like driveways and patios.
We pay better than any other concrete company around. Although the add says finisher, you will be expected to do all the other aspects in the concrete world, such as, light excavation, form setting, footing and foundations, saw cutting, stamping, staining, etc. We are all expected to be able to perform all the areas of the job.
We have a lot of fun while we work. The owner is always working right along side everyone else and we all joke and give each other crap. We like to make the day go by while we have fun as well.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!