Cloth Finishing Range Operator Job Description Sample
Finishing Operator (Second Shift)
We are looking for an experienced Finishing Operator with mechanical background of working with various machines and has experience in Shipping and Receiving in a fast paced manufacturing company.
- Operate a finishing equipment for the process and preparation of shipment of custom plastic profiles
- Service, repair, and operate finishing equipment
- Initial line setup and change overs following posted schedule
- Package finished goods to meet product specifications
- Responsible for detailed completion of all on line, QC and production data reporting
- Perform a variety of mechanical and physical testing required per product specification and quality assurance using calipers and other measurement processes
- Maintain and repair equipment, tools and work area as scheduled or as needed
- Maintain order and cleanliness in all work areas through 5S and LEAN manufacturing methods
- Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain quality, operational efficiency and safety metrics
- 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not necessary
- Experience with quality control; ISO experience preferred
- Mechanical background. Experience working with winding and packaging equipment
- Possess a commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented individual
- Dedicated individual that is able to support multiple processes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Entrepreneurial nature: Self-directed, goal-oriented, customer focused
- Tow motor experience
- Mathematical aptitude
- Frequent walking, standing and lifting
- Reliable and punctual individual
- Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel preferred.
- Dedicated team player with a willingness to learn new processes
- Ability to create solutions to address production and efficiency related issues.
- Prior participation in a Six Sigma or Lean Project a plus
- We offer you a diverse range of tasks in a dynamic team and personal as well as specialized development possibilities in a growth oriented company.
- Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and educational background that includes salary, annual variable compensation, health insurance plans, 401K, paid holidays and vacation.
- Provides a model for flexible work time to create a work-life balance.
The Technoform Group connects people with ideas into a worldwide network of autonomous teams who think and act with the market in mind in the interest of their customers.
Worldwide we strive to find the ideal balance between the interests of the customer, company and workforce through all of our market goods and services, systems and processes. This is the most important foundation stone for long-term market success, the continuing existence of the company and its lasting financial and creative independence.
Our desire to continually improve processes and products, to be one step ahead for our customers and to always be better than the competition this is how we ensure the financial health of our working environment. The autonomous, market-oriented behavior of every individual within the Technoform Group ensures the quality of our work and of our working life.
One hallmark of our approach to business is that we are involved in society. We are open to other cultures and languages, as well as other products, markets and fields of business, and are always ready to embrace new technologies, organizations, partners and joint ventures.
A holistic thought process which knows no boundaries this is something which all of us share.
Our company comprises a network of non-linear relationships within which everyone is willing to share their expertise, and to make use of others expertise. Networked thinking is also a key characteristic of our dialogue with our customers, suppliers and the business world, which we view as part of an external network.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles - United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links"EEO is the Law"Posterand "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 847-362-9000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We participate in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.
Pay Transparency Policy
Amcorwill not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Job title: Finishing Operator
BG/BU: AFA/FNA, Amcor Flexibles Americas/Flexibles North America
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Job family: Operations
Reports to (Title): Shift Supervisor
1. Job Overview
Finishing Operator will be tasked with the safe and efficient operation of Finishing equipment at AF-Hagerstown. Their main focuses will be the safety of themselves and their co-workers and producing quality product in a timely manner. They will work with co-workers in and out of their department to improve safety, quality and production at the facility.
2. Job Dimensions
- Support Operations in the Finishing Department
- Part of the AF-Hagerstown Operations Team
- No direct reports
- Oversee and provide direction to finishing crew
3. Principal Accountabilities
- To be aware of, adhere to and help to improve all safety standards and procedures at AF-Hagerstown
- To be aware of, adhere to and help to improve all quality standards and procedures at AF-Hagerstown
- To be aware of, adhere to and help to improve all production standards and procedures at AF-Hagerstown
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Has a good understanding of current operating standards and practices. Willingly learns and applies new standards and practices
- Willing to learn and apply new skills
- Able to understand and make accurate measurements. Has basic, high school-level math skills. Able to read, comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions in English
- Has basic computer skills
- Understands and completes all paperwork related Finishing operations
- Can set up jobs on Finishing equipment to the ordered specifications
- Possess, and be able to apply, knowledge of the mechanics, operation, and basic maintenance of Finishing Equipment
- Able to troubleshoot operational issues with the Finishing equipment
- Have a strong focus on quality. Understand and perform all quality checks. Can identify and eliminate quality defects
- Completes tasks and produces quality product in a timely manner
- Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Works with co-workers and management in a positive and constructive manner
4. Major challenges & complexities
- Managing time and effort to safely meet the demands for quality product
- Working with co-workers in their own and other departments to make our company successful
- AF-H Finishing Team
- AFA Management Team
- Site Co-workers
- Other Amcor Facilities
6.1 Formal Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience and proficiency in the function, mechanics, and operation of some or all Finishing equipment
- Good understanding of the safety, quality, and production standards of AF-Hagerstown
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Job Specific skills and abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of and ability to operate some or all Finishing equipment at AF-Hagerstown
- Must be able to flex hours in order to support multi-shift operation
- Ability to stay on task and follow instruction
- Basic measurement, math, communication, reading and writing skills
- Ability to understand and apply all Amcor safety, quality and production standards
- Must prioritize safety, above all else
- Assists the machine operator with the setup, operation and maintenance of various pieces of equipment that bind catalogs and magazines.
Feeding product into the machine and/or removing finished product and preparing it for distribution.
Conducting quality checks.
Interested candidates will possess a strong mechanical aptitude and have the ability to perform basic math and have good written and verbal communication skills.
Troubleshooting and resolving equipment and print related problems is beneficial.
Our goal is to be viewed as a leading resource of print and digital solutions, helping our clients choose the right blend of mediums to execute their marketing strategies. As multi-channel marketing and communication tactics continue to evolve, Royle will press forward with investments in new technologies and equipment; keeping our clients and Royle on the forefront of this evolution.
Bindery / Print Finishing Lead Operator
K & W finishing, inc., a print-finishing (bindery) company located in Baltimore, Maryland, is seeking a lead operator to join its team.
Successful candidates will have the ability to setup and operate at least some equipment when necessary; paper cutters, folders, gluers, saddle stitchers, die cutters, foil stamping and embossing equipment, and small machines such as round-corner, shrink-wrap, and drill.
Must be knowledgeable about many facets of print-finishing and be able to work a job through from beginning to end, including make-ready decisions, issuing an okay, quality checks, and completing the required administrative steps.
Hours will be Monday – Friday, 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM (second shift), overtime as available/necessary.
Will manage a small crew of 5-6 operators and catcher/feeders in addition to working as-needed.
Please reply to this add with resume or contact Bob via telephone at 410-566-0777.
Salary based on experience, willingness to work, and ability to setup and run equipment.
• Manage a small crew to meet the finishing objectives of our customers, always mindful of quality, efficiency, deadlines, and team member health and safety.
• Setup and operate equipment as necessary;
• Keeps equipment clean well maintained at all times;
• Complete administrative paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED
• 5 years in industry, prefer 1 or more years of managing crew experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to make decisions on the best way to produce a quality finished piece;
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand, instructions, and to communicate in English;
• Team player; ability to work well with others;
• Able to understand what is required of each job and communicate requirements effectively to others.
•Okay the work of operators and maintain the quality our customers expect;
• Ability to take constructive criticism designed to help the candidate learn and grow within the position;
• Able and willing to work in a job environment which requires exposure to possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools, or machinery
• Paid Vacation;
• Paid Holidays;
• Health insurance (portion paid by the company);
• Dental, vision, disability, and life insurance;
• Weekly pay, optional direct deposit;
• Retirement plan (401k);
• Credit Union;
• Air conditioned work environment
Experienced operators and catcher/feeders are also needed on both day shift and second shift. Operators and catcher/feeders seeking to boost income through part-time on-call work are always encouraged to apply. Limited opportunities for operator apprenticeships are also available.
Finishing Operator - Building 3
Company Description Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com Job Description As a Finishing Operator, you will be responsible for functions occurring within the finishing center operations. You may be assigned to duties that include packaging slit rolls to customer specifications, operating the manual packaging line, cutting cores, banding, etc . This requires the understanding of Avery Dennison standard packaging practices, and the Exact program packing requirements. Higher level roles in the finishing operations include the operation of slitting, rewinding, and/or automated packaging equipment. This position may be required to rotate. You will work an 8 hour afternoon shift. In this important role you will also be responsible for: Activities and duties may vary dependent upon site specific needs. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
Sort, label, and package finished goods for shipment per customer specifications, quality requirements, and standard practices
Inspect general appearance of finished product
Keep area supplied with necessary packaging materials
Prepare cores for machine operators • Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations
Track multiple orders being packed at one time.
Perform duties to continuously improve quality and productivity
Maintain a clean, safe work area
Perform 5S duties and audits
Assist in equipment maintenance activities as directed
Participate in group problem-solving teams and continuous improvement activities.
Perform all other duties assigned by Supervisor Qualifications What we will be looking for in you: Essential:
You regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
You have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / education team in a timely manner.
Actively contribute in a team based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
You will need to be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
You will be required show proficiency with computer applications
Be able to obtain Lift Truck Operator’s license and be able to lift up to 50 pounds Education:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional Information All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Description/Job Summary Finishing Associates are tasked to meet production requirements while doing so in a team environment that demands the highest safety and quality standards possible. Requires basic math, writing and measuring skills
Responsibilities/Duties* Will load and unload parts from multiple machines. Will sort, rework and clean as required. Required Education High School diploma or GED
Preferred Qualifications* Experience in assembly line type work or similar enviroment. ISO 14001 & TS 16949 preferred
Currently hiring for openings with a manufacturing company in Rosemount on both weekends and weekdays. Candidates will be working with plastic components and performing finishing operations on components. Openings on the weekends entail both days and overnights, openings during the week entail overnights. Pay ranges between $12 and $14 depending on shift Job Description
Finishing operators will be monitoring 1-4 injection molding machines, trimming flashing and extra plastic off of parts using hand tools such as clippers and exacto knives.
Operators will utilize work instructions to perform all the necessary functions of each operation.
Operators will perform visual inspections and package parts for shipping. Benefits: - Health
401K - Vision
Employee discount programs (gym memberships, phone bills, oil changes etc).
About Aerotek: Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing
Client and Talent leader, Aerotek
Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit
. Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posting ID: 6144996-1726
Pay Rate: US$12 - US$14 per hour The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Specialty Finishing Assistant Operator - Flexible Packaging (1St, 2Nd & 3Rd Shifts)
Do you enjoy working hands-on utilizing some of the best technology in the printing and packaging industry? Does accepting daily challenges and exceeding goals resonate with you? Belmark is currently seeking Specialty Finishing Assistant Operators to be responsible for the overall cleanliness and appearance of the production area. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, our Operators are able to work in a friendly environment with a potential to grow with the company. Belmark creates many of the labels, cartons, and flexible film we as consumers see daily when shopping for various items. Our primary markets are in the food and beverage industry. A nationally recognized company; our customers vary from small to large companies, and customer satisfaction is our primary goal. By following our company mission of speed-to-market, product development, service development and quality, we have created a company dedicated to our customers, and created a culture that values each of our employees.
Position Overview Specialty finishing converting area consists of multiple machines and or processes that add value to our customers finished product. In doing so, there will be specialized instructions written, verbal, and technical drawings required for the set up and running of this converting equipment. As part of the value we provide to our customers, all specialty finishing operators will be required to set up and operate multiple high speed converting assets. Attention to detail, flexibility, problem solving skills and teamwork are a must.
Position Requirements * Requires education equivalent to two (2) years of high school.
Knowledge of the ability to effectively utilize the English language.
Regular attendance is required. May be required to work some overtime.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple written and oral instructions. Knowledge of any of the following converting equipment and/or processes:
Bag making equipment;
Die cutting in registration;
High speed label application;
Solvent seaming shrink materials;
Perforation and sheeting;
Roll to roll inspection;
Laser scoring equipment;
Insert/die cut coupon machine;
In mold label (IML) process Current Shifts Available (please indicate preferred shift on application) * 1st Shift: 6am
Friday * 2nd Shift: 2pm
Thursday * 3rd Shift: 6pm
6am, (Sunday); 12am
Thursday Belmark also offers a friendly working environment with a competitive benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits include:
Health, Dental, & Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account * 401(k) & Profit Sharing Plan
Paid vacation, personal time & holidays
Employee Assistance Program
On-site Health Clinic
On-site Fitness Center
Location:* De Pere, WI
Caraustar's Folding Carton Plant located in Chicago, IL is seeking an experienced Finishing Operator for 3rd shift. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in folding carton manufacturing with experience Jagenburg, Bobst or International Folder Gluers.
In addition to providing a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Pharmacy Plan, Dental, 401 (k), Life Insurance & additional Employee Assistance Programs, Caraustar offers the opportunity to further advance in the printing field by providing a progressive training program. Relocation assistance available.
Responsible for the overall quality & production of folded & glued cartons, in addition to preventative care and maintenance to assigned equipment.
- Check production schedule.
- Read work order, job bag, confirm size, style and copy information.
- Establish make-ready on machine based on carton style and customer requirements.
- Obtain work-in-process loads based on machine usage.
- Assist with cutting pads and set up of tapers when needed.
- Wash and fill glue pots.
- Relieve crew members for breaks.
- Complete daily production/attribute report and hourly management reports.
- Perform quality checks and documentation.
- Knowledge of Job Hazard and Lockout Tagout.
- Required to perform any one of the following tests: opening force, edge caliper, scanner challenge.
- Set up and run UPC and glue detection scanners.
- Check case label for correct information prior to startup after make-ready.
- Complete raw material request form and submit to shipping personnel.
- Perform basic press maintenance.
- Responsible for press housekeeping.
- Knowledge of Job Hazard and Lockout Tagout.
- Comply with plant safety and PPE requirements.
- Complete production reports and hourly management reports.
- Report all food safety and quality problems to supervisor.
- Associate is responsible to keep their work area clean, empty trash and sweep daily.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience as a Feeder, Packer or Finishing Operator.
- Ability to read basic measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers and tape measures.
- Knowledge of auto-bottom, four-corner, six-corner and side seam cartons
- Strong leadership and the ability to take initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide hands-on training.
- Ability to obtain a valid tow motor license and pass tow motor exam.
- Lifting from floor to waist up to 35 lbs. frequently, able to bend, squat, step up steps to press platform.
- Pushing/pulling using manual pallet jack to move pallets (Av. 1000lbs, 55” high) of paperboard.
- Manufacturing environment, noisy at times (hearing protection required), heated and cooled.
Software Powered by iCIMS
2Nd Shift Finishing Operator
The Finishing Operator will report to the Production Supervisor. The primary function of this position is to mount, laminate, and trim large inkjet and photographic prints.
Finishing uses Mounting laminators such as the ORCA GBC 60”inch press,large panel saws, CNC Cad tables, programmable guillotine cutters, grommet machines and shop tools (table saw, router, power tools).
1) Responsible for successful completion of project work, by reading and comprehending written and verbal instructions, about the job. 2) Ability to run computerized and manual equipment, including iCut, Zund and hand tools, specially laminating equipment. 3) Works with other departments and management to trouble shoot issues on jobs to come to a successful outcome for the job and client. 4) Cross train within other production departments to assist when necessary. 5) Other duties as assigned. High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Must have the ability to communicate with co-workers, clients and vendors in a professional manner.
You will be working within tight timeframe requirements so a high level of accuracy, organization and problem solving are required. Solid understanding of substrates and materials for both mounting/finishing and bindery/finishing. Mechanically inclined.
Ability to follow detailed instructions accurately and work unsupervised in a fast paced environment. Ability to use tools (Ruler/measuring tape, hand tools) efficiently. Pro-active self-starter with a great attitude and work ethic.
Willingness to cross train and work in various departments as the work flow demands. Intermediate lifting up to 50 lbs. Use of computers to track work progress accurately.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!