Cloth Framer Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
JL Schwieters is an industry leader in framing new residential and commercial projects in Minnesota. We have over 25 job sites all across the Metro area.
We offer year round work, weekly direct deposit, advancement opportunities, PTO, benefits, top industry pay and more!
Nexeo has immediate openings for FRAMERS!!!
Do have Framing experience?
Are you reliable?
Can you pass a background?
if you answered yes to the above questions we want to speak to you,
Selecting, measuring and marking materials for exterior dorrs and windows, foundations, floors, walls and roofs.
Cutting and shaping materials and joining them with nails, screws, bolts and glue!
If you are interested please contact the Roy Nexeo to get your interview scheduled.
Carpenter / Commercial Drywall Framer
Carpenter / Commercial Drywall Framer
Job Location: Gainesville, Florida and Surrounding Areas
Status: Full Time
Benefits: Full Benefits, Including Retirement and
Competitive Salary Based on Experience
Responsible for installation of the following types of items:
· Acoustical Ceilings
· In-Wall Blocking
· Cubicle Curtain Tracks
· Doors and Frames
· Toilet and Bath Accessories
· Wall Protection
· Site Furnishings
Primary Functions / Major
· Read, Understand and Interpret Blueprints
· Layout Material
· Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Submittals.
· Physically lift up to 50 lbs.
· Endurance and mobility to visit entire job site, including stairs, ladders or other elevated structures without mechanical assistance.
· Problem solving oriented
· Communicates Effectively and Efficiently
· Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability- Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned
· Ability to regularly stand and walk throughout the day
Education and/or Experience:
· Previous construction industry experience is preferred
· Computer proficiency is preferred.
· Experience in large commercial projects is preferred.
Shaffield Building is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Construction Framer / Panel Erectors
Commercial general contractor seeks carpenter with wide experience in commercial construction including metal framing, setting trusses, doors & hardware and overall general carpentry skills. Must have minimum 5 years experience within commercial construction. Valid driver’s license and clean background record a must. Please submit applications and/or resume via fax, walkin or email. EOE & E-Verify.
Metal Stud Framer / Drywall Hanger / Acoustical Ceiling
R K Webb LLC
We are a commercial sub-contractor that provides facilities construction work throughout Corpus Christi and surrounding areas. We specialize in metal stud framing, drywall, insulation, and acoustical ceilings; therefore, we require all employees to be experienced in these fields and maintain professionalism.
Purpose of Position: Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction projects, specifically journeyman level framing, drywall and acoustical ceilings. Helpers not needed at this time.
Must have tools and reliable transportation.
Must have minimum 1-3 years commercial construction experience.
Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the carpentry trade.
Basic Functions: The Certified Framer is enthusiastic and passionate about Creativity, People and Arts and Crafts.
Certified Framers are responsible for sales of Custom Framing and Ready Made frames, following and administering the work flow production system under the supervision of the Framing Manager. This position has responsibility for assisting the Framing Manager in planning the production of orders, placing material orders and maintenance of the frame shop as well as taking orders, providing exceptional customer service and the production of orders. The Certified Frames must be Bronze Level Certified within 90 days of employment.FT Associates must be able to work 32 hours a week.
Must be able to supervise work of others. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Must become a certified framer within 90 days.
General Labor - Carpenter / Framer
We are looking for experienced carpenters and framers to join our team. This consist of being able to use a skill saw, hammer, math skills, etc along with being able to follow explicit directions and must have a drivers license and reliable transportation. The travelling is in a tri county area near The Villages, Fl and out skirts.
Journeyman Steel Stud Framer For Commercial Projects
We are hiring 2 journeyman steel stud framers for 7 commercial projects in Los Angeles. We are hiring now, so please send us a resume today.
-Must have commercial steel stud experience.
-Must have your hand tools, cordless drill, and power tools
-Must have at least 2 plus year of field experience
-Must be able to clear a background check and drug screening.
With over 40 years of combined service in the industry, Arena's team includes certified staffing professionals from the industrial, construction, and agricultural sectors. Call today for a free consultation on your current workforce, and find out what path is best for your employees and your company. Arena's offers many hiring incentive programs that ease the pain of training costs and reduce the risk of turnover in the 1st 90 days. .
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!