Cloth Inspector Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
Construction Inspector And Sr. Inspector
Description: Construction Inspector and Senior Inspector - immediate openings in the Harrisonburg, VA area for qualified transportation Construction Inspectors and Senior Inspectors, on locality and VDOT projects.
The Inspector is responsible for managing and performing daily construction management and inspection services for various types of VDOT and locality transportation projects. Must have significant experience in roadway/bridge construction, have VDOT certifications, have experience with the VDOT LAP Manual, be proficient at reading and interpreting plans, specifications, and shop drawings as well as overseeing construction document controls and enforcing contract compliance.
- Duties and responsibilities may include: construction management; performing field inspection of Contractor's operations to see that they comply with contract documents; preparing daily and weekly reports on work accomplished by Contractor; performing materials testing and maintaining testing logs; reviewing periodic pay estimates for accuracy with Contractor; preparing sketches and assembling data for Engineer's use in making changes to the project; keeping diaries and making reports on work accomplished and/or noted deficiencies; performing sophisticated, complicated mathematical calculations; reviewing Contractor schedules including initial CPM and monthly updates; communicating effectively with the Engineer, Owner and Owner's operational and field staff on a regular basis, keeping them apprised of field conditions and maintaining active communications and excellent rapport with the Owner and the entire project team throughout the construction process.
- Years of Experience Inspector: Minimum of three (3) years of specific field construction inspection experience in the specified areas listed below.
Senior Inspector: Minimum of six (6) years of specific field construction inspection experience in the specified areas listed below. Educational Requirements
High School Diploma or State Equivalency Certificate. Bachelor's Degree or other advanced certificate desirable. Inspection Skills
Applicants must have demonstrated inspection and management experience with roadway and bridge construction, utility construction, and related pavement rehabilitation projects requiring monitoring a contractor's work for conformance to the design plans, specifications and general permit requirements; experience in coordinating inspection duties with multiple simultaneously operating crews; experience tracking daily quantities, completing daily inspection reports, performing monthly estimates and as-built drawings. Additional Training or Certifications
VDOT materials certifications including Asphalt, Concrete, Soils and Aggregate and Pavement Marking. ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I certification desired.
Erosion & Sediment control certification (i.e., DEQ Inspector's Certification) and Intermediate Work Zone Safety/ATSSA TCS. Applicant must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. Other skill-sets required include good communication skills; the ability to read/interpret plans and specifications; writing and drawing skills necessary to complete inspection reports and documentation.
In addition, basic computer skills (Word & Excel) are desirable. Benefits: WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer:
Competitive salary, Leave accrual and paid holidays, Healthcare benefits, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Free parking. WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws. Number of Openings: 1 Attached Document: No documents attached for this position
Position Type:* Full-Time
Position Location:* Harrisonburg, VA
Position Title:* Construction Inspector and Sr. Inspector
Travel:* Position Dependent
Required Education:* High School Diploma
Years of Experience:* 3-6
Property Inspector / Claims Writer / Construction Inspector
We inspect properties for damage. You do not climb on roofs or crawl under buildings. You just walk through the property. You take some pictures of the damage and fill out about 15 minutes worth of paper work.
We are Public Insurance Adjusters. When we discover damages, our company represents the property owner to ensure the insurance companies do not underpay the owners.
No experience necessary. If you qualify, we will provide training for this position.
Flexible hours; work around your own schedule as many or as few hours you choose.
Minimal travel required; you select the area where you want to work.
By law you have to be 18+. We prefer those with life experiences.
Work independently, unsupervised.
Have a positive attitude.
Have a desire to constantly improve, personally and professionally.
The opportunity is easy, enjoyable, and pays very well. You will never be laid off or out sourced. Our profession is inflation resistant. We need everyone from entry level through upper management.
People need us to get them money. You have complete control where and when you work. Steady growth in good times and we are in greater demand during bad times. Because of these economic troubling times we are in huge demand and we need several good people
Please respond to set up a pre-interview presentation.
The locations and times are as follows, see interview questions:
Wednesday arrive 7:15pm -starts 7:30pm
Hilton Garden Inn
50 Raritan Parkway
Edison, NJ 08837
*If the above office(s) and time(s) do not fit your schedule please call me for a more convenient time and location.
Call if you have any questions Howard Fried (732) 735-4757
Building Inspector Housing Home Inspector Maintenance
Premium Properties & Development (www.premiumpd.com), established in 2002, is a full service property management and real estate investment & development firm. Currently, we manage over 800 (mostly residential) units in the Berkeley and Oakland areas.
We are currently seeking to hire a full time experienced Housing Inspector to fill the open position. The job includes inspecting the buildings daily, monthly and all individual units annually to comply with the residential housing safety program, identify deferred maintenance, code violations and health and safety issues. The position will also help identify and develop solutions to solve complex maintenance problems.
Working much of the time out in the field, the position conducts both simple and in-depth inspections of the structures and all their components from building envelop, drainage, utilities, systems and components, ect.
To qualify, you must possess two years of journey level experience as a building or housing inspector or four (4) years of experience in sub-journey level building or housing inspection activities, or such as a housing inspector or have certifications a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC. or have 10 years as a general contractor.
• CA Driver's License, smart phone and a working and reliable Vehicle. (We provide monthly reimbursement) and must live in the general vicinity.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience "hands on" construction background. Extra consideration to those with multi-trade experience such as a general contractor.
• Candidates with Inspection certification from a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC.
• Basic proficiency with a variety of computer interfaces and software including word processing, databases, internet and email.
• Good written and verbal skills; interpersonal skills relating to customer service are necessary.
• Possessing a full range of physical abilities essential for various tasks including but not limited to: climbing ladders, being on roofs, climbing stairs, crawling through tight spaces, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and or driving.
• Applicants will be required to submit to a background check; no felony convictions as each applicant must be bondable. Ability to pass drug test screening.
• Candidates should be motivated, self-starting, energetic, and organized with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Ideal Candidates Will Possess:
• Investigative inspection and documentation skills.
• Knowledge of construction methods and techniques, and building codes
• Experience accurately creating, reviewing, and maintaining records and reports
• Strong customer service/resident relation skills, friendly and helpful, even with difficult people.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, with management, residents, employees and vendors.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a sometimes hectic, always fast paced working environment, handle multiple competing priorities tasks and meet assigned deadlines with little supervision.
Compensation & Hours:
This is a long-term career position, the hours for this position are Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 9:00pm-6:00pm. As a valued employee, you will be entitled to full benefits package including, medical, and dental, 401K with employer match, vacation, and holidays.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to attention: Housing Inspection Position. PLEASE NO ATTACHMENTS TO EMAILS. PLEASE EMBED YOUR APPLICATION INTO THE EMAIL. ANY EMAILS WITH ATTACHMENTS WILL BE DELETED. . . SORRY!
Inspector - Roof Inspector / Construction
National roof consulting firm is seeking highly skilled and motivated certified inspector with excellent communication skills. Individual must have experience with client management, cost estimating, technical specifications and project management / quality control of commercial roofing projects. The position requires hands-on roofing experience and excellent knowledge of the roofing industry. We are a drug free work place, therefore testing is a requirement for employment.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
· Knowledgeable of installation of different roofing systems is essential
· Ability to identify deficiencies on existing roofing systems and recommend proposed solutions
· Excellent organization & communication skills
· Proficient using a laptop computer and MS Office software
· Ability to create / write a detailed project inspection report
· Ability to travel up to 5 days a week
· Capable of managing / overseeing multiple roofing projects from pre-bid / preconstruction thru final inspection
· RRO certification required
· 3- 5 years of experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Physically able to climb ladders
Please submit resume with salary requirements
Mechanical Inspector - In-Process Inspector
Become part of a team that is a leader and provider of electronic power solutions.
Legendary Staffing is recruiting for two temporary to hire Mechanical Inspectors – In process Inspectors that will work in an ISO9001 certified quality management system. our client produces AC-DC power supplies and DC-DC converters, with electronic conformance at the highest level.
The Mechanical Inspectors – In process Inspectors will be responsible for the following:
- Perform 1st article inspection on all parts used for assemblies
- Used CMM and basic hand tools with other quality control related devices
- Utilizing manual tools like caliper, micrometer, gauges, profile meter, and comparator.
- Inspect parts forming, welding, finishing, etc.
- Document Control, blueprint.
- Inspect outside service plating, painting, silkscreen and material, SST, CRS steel, aluminum, copper.
- Inspect assembles and sub-assemblies.
- Receiving inspection for hardware, supplies, etc..
- Inspected purchased, in process, and reworked precision parts in accordance with ASME, ANSI Y14.5, engineering and military specifications.
Offering a competitive salary + bonus and comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental insurance.
Building Inspector III - Must Be A Florida Licensed Building Inspector
The salary range including Recruitment & Retention Pay is $67,073.00 - $87,769.00
The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-driven employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now.
The Building Services Division of the Department of Sustainable Development is seeking a Building Inspector III. This is responsible administrative work planning, scheduling and assigning daily construction inspections, field inspection work securing compliance with City of Fort Lauderdale Ordinances, the South Florida Building Code, and other County, State and Federal regulations, and building plans review and examination work to determine whether plans, specifications, and materials conform to legally established requirements.
An employee in this class is responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and directing a coordinated building inspection program. The employee develops and updates programs, policies, work methods, and procedures necessary for the effective and efficient operation of construction inspections. The employee in this class will inspect buildings and other structures, land use and land or building development or modification for structural conformance and for conformity with zoning rules and regulations effective in the City. The employee also reviews in detail plans and specifications of proposed building construction prior to the issuance of building permits. An employee in this class works under the direction of an administrative superior and must exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in the performance of work assignments. Work is reviewed through periodic conferences, reports, and direct observation of results achieved.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Teamsters Local Union 769 and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Teamsters Local Union 769.
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!!
Must be in possession of a Building Inspector's License AND a Structural Plans Examiner's License from the State of Florida.
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Building Inspector.
Must have 2 years experience in Broward or Miami-Dade Counties (High Velocity Hurricane Zone HVHZ).
These requirements are mandatory and not negotiable. Please do not apply unless you meet this criteria. Thank you.
NOTE: Required certifications/licenses must be kept current to continue employment in this class.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/jobs
Please note: This position will remain open until enough qualified applications have been received.
Inspector / In-Process Build Inspector / Orlando, FL
Inspector performs final inspections on electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical, electro-optical and other mechanical, composite and integrated systems. Ascertains functionability in accordance with prescribed company and customer requirements and specifications and may present to the customer for certification and acceptance prior to shipment.
Prefer computer network application experience, engineering record retention systems to obtain and accomplish inspection planning and acceptance. Works from prints, engineering drawings, and specifications. Utilizes a variety of inspection instruments and gages to assist in comprehensive inspection.
Requests removals and replacements of malfunctioning and faulty parts and rejects or requests rework, as described herein. Stamps or otherwise approves systems and integrated systems as acceptable, obtains customer approval, and prepares and maintains paperwork and records. Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement between Lockheed Martin and the UAW.
Basic Qualifications Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain security clearance. Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement. Prior Inspection and/or Quality experience.
Computer skills, solder and cable & harness experience. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications. Desired skills Working knowledge of Manufacturing and Quality systems and processes.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
ConGlobal Industries, Inc. is North America's largest full-service supplier to the intermodal industry.
ConGlobal provides inspection, equipment repair, maintenance, storage and redistribution services to global shipping and leasing companies.ConGlobal is also a leading retailer of standard and modified equipment in new and used condition to consumers, corporations, and government and military institutions.
ConGlobal Industries is seeking gate clerk to join their team.
Perform inspections on trailers, chassis and containers entering or leaving the Terminal or Container Yard facilities through the Intermodal interchange gates. This includes noting the condition of equipment on the paper interchange form or through the hand held computer.
Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
With the acquisition of American Auto Works in 2011 and ConGlobal Industries in 2013, ITS has expanded its service offerings and client base to create a company uniquely positioned to capitalize on the growth expected in the inter-modal, automotive and global shipping segments.
ITS operates at over 90 facilities with roughly 3,100 employees. We hold long-standing relationships with all major North American railroads, including BNSF, CN, CSX, KCS, KCSM, NS, Triple Crown and UP.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!