Cloth Measurer Machine Job Description Sample
Apprentice/Trainee For Granite Countertop Field Measurer
Granite Countertop fabricator seeks templater/field measurer.
- Must have 1/2 ton pick up truck (mileage compensated $0.48/mile)
- Must pass background check
- Detail oriented
- Presentable, communicative
- Neat, good penmanship (drafting skills a plus)
- Comfortable with using and reading tape measure/adding fractions
Shower Door Installer And Measurer
Install shower doors, knowing how to measure is a plus.
Construction Jobsite Field Measurer
Architectural metal company is looking for an experienced field measurer.
Job requirements include:
• Regularly going to active high rise construction jobsites in the New York metropolitan area
• Access various unfinished areas via fixed and suspended scaffolding on buildings under construction
• General geographical knowledge of Manhattan and surrounding boroughs
• 10 Hour OSHA Certification
• 20 Hours of Supported & Suspended Scaffold Training courses will be required
• Basic AutoCAD architectural drafting skills preferred
• Use of basic measuring equipment: tape measure, level, elevation laser, measuring wheel
• Jobsite safety equipment will be provided (helmet, vest, harness)
• Be able to interpret architectural drawings
• Knowledgeable in construction processes
• Basic math skills
Previous experience in architectural metal, miscellaneous iron, or storefront work is preferred.
Excellent growth opportunity within company. Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include Medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with company match and profit sharing plan.
Paid Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays.
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work in an industrial environment? Are you searching for a position that will allow you to develop and grow within Georgia-Pacific? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Machine Operators in Dubuque, IA. Machine Operators will play an integral part in maintaining the success of the mill by providing coverage and support for various machine centers throughout the plant. Machine Operators will find opportunities to move into positions with increased responsibility as openings occur.
We are looking for Machine Operators to work 2nd shift (3pm 11:20pm) and 3 rd shift (11pm 7:20am). Georgia-Pacific is one of the nations leading corrugated box manufacturers. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Corrugated A Day In The Life Typically Includes: Learning to operate machines throughout the facility to include:
Setting-up and/or assisting with slotting, feed, scoring, print, and die cutting sections as applicable Setting-up and/or assisting with unitizing station and bundler on machines Ensuring proper placement of load tags and bottom sheets Ensuring correct stacking patterns, that all units are stacked neatly, and quantities are correct Monitoring board quality, including loose liner, warp, dimensions, caliper, and any other defects Submitting maintenance work orders to report repairs Assisting all team members throughout the plant as needed to ensure customer focus Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team work environment What You Will Need: High school diploma or GED One (1) year of prior work experience Willing and able to read a tape measurer Willing and ableto perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment Willing and able to lift / pull up to 35 lbs Willing and able to work in a loud, hot, humid, cold, noisy and high volume environment Willing and able to work daily overtime (up to 4 additional hours) and Saturday overtime What Will Put You Ahead? One (1) or more years manufacturing or industrial experience Previous experience working in the corrugated industry Previous experience operating mobile equipment We are an equal opportunity employer.
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf Follow us VEVRAA Federal Contractor Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Machine Operator/Material Handler - Quilting Wind-Up/Feed
Machine Operator/Material Handler
- Quilting Wind-up/Feed
04-Jan-2018 to 28-Feb-2018 (EST)
Tolleson, AZ, USA
Full Time Health, Dental, Vision, Cancer Insurance, 401K, Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job Quilting Wind-up/Feed Operator loads cloth onto industrial quilter & operates a quilted goods wind-up machine according to specifications and quality expectations. First Shift Schedule: 7:00 a.m.
3:00 p.m. Monday
Friday Availability for occasional Saturday overtime. DUTIES Essential duties and responsibilities includes the following:
Loads and secures cloth onto continuous industrial quilting machine and assists with starting the quilting process. Operates hoist. Feeds and secures continuous quilted cloth onto wind-up bar and starts roll up process.
Cuts quilted cloth run, using scissors, at the designated point based on yardage specs. Removes completed rolls of quilted cloth from the wind-up unit and places on bagging rack or wrapper. Starts new roll of quilted cloth onto wind-up bar without stopping machine.
Secures roll ends, weighs, bags, and labels previously finished quilted rolls, scans, and stores on supply rack, using hoist. Checks width of quilted rolls and visually inspects quilted cloth for defects during wind-up operation. Records weights and widths of batting rolls.
Maintains expected quality goals. Maintains expected production goals. Observes all department and company safety rules.
Maintains a clean work area. Properly disposes of trash and scrap at the end of the shift and as needed. Any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions and conduct basic mathematics involving weight measurements. While performing duties, employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend in order to operate equipment. Must grip, push, pull and reach over shoulder level with both hands.
Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. May be required to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to pass criminal background check and screening for illegal substances.
Apparel Sewing Machine Operators - Lansing, MI
Job Description: These jobs are part of Peckham's vocational rehabilitation efforts. Applicants are eligible to apply for these positions if they have a disability that has created a barrier to employment. *
Make Clothes That Matter Want to do work that has purpose and meaning? Would you like to take pride in creating American-made quality garments that protect American soldiers? Then a Peckham sewing career is for you! * Work independently to meet goals of overall team
Structured and consistent work schedule
Produce clothing and equipment for the military
Must have a qualified disability
Wages range from $8.90/hr. to$13.50/hr.
Full benefits package including health insurance
Earn monthly & quarterly bonuses with opportunities for overtime
Paid training to help you advance in your career
Work in clean, open environment with natural light At Peckham we offer team members free English, GED, literacy, citizenship, computer classes, a wellness center & fitness classes, and support services for a wide range of needs and barriers. This entry level Apparel Sewing Machine Operator position is responsible for the accurate alignment of fabric, garments, and materials under needles using marks on machines, clamps, templates, cloth and notches as guides. This position guides garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser foot pedals to sew parts together. This position handles garments; folding, bagging, labeling, using scissors to trim threads, threading and tying hangers, zipper pulls or plastic cord locks.
Operate single needle sewing machines to perform basic sewing steps that automatically join, reinforce or decorate material or articles, such as Velcro, webbing, labels or tags. – Daily
Operate basic automated and/or bartacking (PLK) machines to perform basic sewing steps that automatically join, reinforce or decorate material or articles, such as Velcro, webbing, cord or labels. – Daily
Align fabric, garments and materials under needles using marks on machines, clamps, templates, jigs, cloth and notches as guides.
- Align material pieces in correct order prior to sewing and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles, clamps, and feet, using presser hand or foot pedals to sew parts together. – Daily
Place cord, spools of thread or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, thread ends through machine guides and thread needles as necessary. – Daily
Trim excess threads from garments after sewing, using scissors, nippers, or automatic trimming machines. – Daily
Select supplies such as fasteners and thread to meet job requirements. – Daily
Prepare garments for packaging; folding, tagging garments with fastener gun, placing in bags, labelling bags, placing bags in bins. – As Needed
Inspect garments and check repair tags on garments to locate defects or damage. Repair mistakes or mark quality issues as necessary. – Daily
Observe machine operations and identify problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread or machine malfunctions and report such defects to supervisors or mechanics. – As Needed
Work with supervisor towards meeting performance standards. – Daily
Maintain a safe and clean work environment. – Daily
Practice LEAN principles and 5S concepts – Daily
Support ISO-9000 and Peckham, Inc. Quality Management Systems requirements.
Support Peckham’s vision, value, culture, and commitment to excellent customer services to all customers and stakeholders. – Daily SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Knowledge of numbers and the ability to count. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense and an understanding to carry out instructions provided. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use fingers, hands, arms and legs to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. COMMENTS This position will move to other work areas as business requires. Person needs to have the ability to ask questions and voice concerns in relation to work and work environment. Peckham is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin or any other artificial characteristic. Peckham, Inc. 3510 Capital City Blvd. Lansing, MI. 48906 * Posted 30+ Days Ago
Full time * R0001170 Worker Sub-Type: Team Member
Location:* Lansing, MI
Business Line:* Apparel and Manufacturing Services Teams
Time Type:* Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:* 40
Embroidery Machine Operator
The Embroidery Machine Operator will work with garments, other cloth materials, and an embroidery machine. The operator may also have some sewing duties, either by hand or machine. Embroidery of company logos to uniforms and hats might also be required. The ideal candidate is also expected to be able to know how to maintain the machines, which includes applying oil and cleaning the machines so that they run smoothly.
Essential Duties and
- Operate commercial embroidery machines to create designated garments and pieces.
- Operate a Tajima 6 or 8 head embroidery machine on a daily basis.
- Load and ready fabric, threads, needles and goods.
- Ensure items are embroidered with correct logo and colors as noted on work order.
- Follow style, color and design guidelines to create standard products.
- Inspect orders to ensure product built matches customer requirements.
- Ensure quality of final product.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Report defective material or questionable condition to the department supervisor.
- Contribute and adhere to safety and quality.
- Communicate status of operation in a timely manner to management including any safety and/or process problems.
- Strong digitizing knowledge required.
- Wilcom software experience needed.
- At least 3 years of embroidery machine experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management Skills and Self-Motivation.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. or more if required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Work long hours on feet
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk for long periods of time
- Bending over
- Lifting and pulling
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Georgia Expo Manufacturing is looking for a detail-oriented Sewing Machine Operator to join our growing organization. Established in 1986, Georgia Expo has had remarkable, consistent growth and continues to grow and launch new product offerings within the trade show/exhibition industry. We are the largest U.S. manufacturer of Pipe and Drape, equipment used in trade show and events (e.g. Trade Show Booths) and provide a variety of products that divide, define, and design event spaces.
As a Sewing Machine Operator you will work in the Sewing Department within a manufacturing environment. Sewing Machine Operators will operate and/or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacturing of quality drape products, table skirting, and specialty items as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Record quantities of materials processed.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machines, according to garment styles and equipment performance.
- Assists with any other general labor tasks assigned by management.
- Match cloth pieces in correct sequences prior to sewing them, and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to standards, using rulers.
- Inspect garments, and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
Skill Requirements :
- Self-motivated and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organizational & time management skills.
Experience and Education Requirements :
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sewing Machine Operator in a Factory and/ or manufacturing / production environment required.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred, but not required.
- Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
- Warehouse / Production Environment
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Located in Suwanee, GA, Georgia Expo is the largest provider of Pipe & Drape, as well as other exhibition equipment in the United States. Georgia Expo services customers throughout the United States and Canada. We sell all types of exhibition products including Pipe, Drape, Back Wall, Room Partitions, Room Dividers, Table Skirting, Stage Skirting, Expo Tables, Crowd Control Stanchions, Easels, Disposable Waste Containers, Storage Solutions and more! We are known for our outstanding quality, hard to beat prices, and exceptional customer service.
The beautiful thing about Pipe and Drape is that its uses are limited only by your imagination. Our customers range across all industries and include anyone that has an event or room to decorate, organize, or define space in. Although our dedication to being a service provider and relationship builder leads us to prefer to make long-term friends over customers, we sell to all sorts of industries:
Trade Show Decorators / Service Contracts
Party Rental Companies
Event and Wedding Planners
Catering and Reception Halls
Conventions and Civic Centers
Parks and Recreation
Colleges and Universities
Churches and Community Centers
State Fairs and Festivals
Audio Visual and Production Companies
Georgia Expo is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm) Programmer
Primus Aerospace, an ISO 9001:2000/AS9100 certified employer located in Lakewood, Colorado, is a growing company with many opportunities for advancement. Primus Aerospace specializes in high-precision, high-complexity CNC machining primarily for the Aerospace industry. We utilize the latest in CNC equipment including Mazak Horizontal Machining Centers, Citizen Swiss Turn Machines, Brother High Speed Mills, Mori Dual Spindle Mill/Turn Centers and integrated robotic manufacturing. We have an extensive Quality Control department utilizing advanced OGP SmartScope Vision inspection systems https://www.youtube.com/user/OGPmultisensor as well as Digital Computer Controlled (DCC) and Manual Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM).
Primus Metals is currently seeking a DCC CMM programmer. This person will responsible for :
- Develop CMM programs utilizing PC-DMIS
- Develop OGP Smartscope programs
- Develop Inspection Plans
- First Article Inspection per AS9102
- Verify dimensional characteristics and finish requirements
- Other tasks as directed by management
Our work environment is fast paced and professional, with continued growth fostered by our commitment to teamwork. We offer comprehensive benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, life and supplemental insurance.
- Must be an expert in CMM programming, both manual and DCC. OGP Smartscope experience a plus.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Quality Inspector
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, print reading, and mathematics
- Must have very strong computer skills
- Minimum of two years Aerospace industry experience
Compensation - $20-$30/hour depending upon experience.
Perspective candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and submit to criminal background screening.
Qualified residents of an SBA HUBZone may be paid a bonus after 6 months of employment. To see if you live in a HUBZone, go to the following website and enter your address. It will tell you if your location is HUBZone qualified (orange on the map). http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/
Coordinate Measuring Machine Programmer
Coordinate Measuring Machine Programmer - Schaumberg, IL Plan and conduct quality assurance activities for industrial processes, materials, and products. Shall: Create operator friendly Coordinate Measuring Machine programs using Zeiss Calypso, PC-DMIS, SPC, and Gage Tracking software from 3D CAD files.
Troubleshoot and correct programming and systemic CMM errors. Ensure dimensional integrity of CMM and Dimensional outputs. Apply Automotive Industry Action Group tools such as Statistical Process Control, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Production Part Approval Process, Advanced Product Quality Planning, and Measurements System Analysis methods for analyzing data to evaluate current process and process changes.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!