Cloth Measurer Machine Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Granite Field Measurer
A great opportunity for someone to become a Field Measurer to join Grand Stone's Team.
Measure for Granite Countertops
Use Digital Tech Systems LT 2D 3D
Maintain Responsibilities and Duties
Maintain good working relationship with customers, coworkers, and supervisors
Fix issues as they present themselves on site
Schedule templates and follow up with appointments
Initiate and maintain high level of communication and coordinate with sales teams and installers through job completion.
Communication with different trades on the job site to get questions answered and facilitate measure
Perform other duties as assigned Requirement and
Knowledge on Auto CAD or Turbo CAD is a PLUS
Maintain a Professional Appearance
Reliable On Time
Able to work 40+ Hours a Week
Strong Customer Service Skills
Knowledge on Digital Programs
Valid Driver License / Clean Record
Willing to Take Back Ground Check Physical
Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 75 lbs. without assistance. Job Type: Full-time Required education: High school or equivalent Required experience: Measuring: 2 years
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
Construction Jobsite Field Measurer
Architectural metal company is looking for an experienced field measurer.
Job requirements include:
• Regularly going to active high rise construction jobsites in the New York metropolitan area
• Access various unfinished areas via fixed and suspended scaffolding on buildings under construction
• General geographical knowledge of Manhattan and surrounding boroughs
• 10 Hour OSHA Certification
• 20 Hours of Supported & Suspended Scaffold Training courses will be required
• Basic AutoCAD architectural drafting skills preferred
• Use of basic measuring equipment: tape measure, level, elevation laser, measuring wheel
• Jobsite safety equipment will be provided (helmet, vest, harness)
• Be able to interpret architectural drawings
• Knowledgeable in construction processes
• Basic math skills
Previous experience in architectural metal, miscellaneous iron, or storefront work is preferred.
Excellent growth opportunity within company. Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include Medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with company match and profit sharing plan.
Paid Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays.
Shower Door Installer And Measurer
Install shower doors, knowing how to measure is a plus.
Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm) Programmer
OVERVIEW: Utilizing coordinate measuring machine, PC and appropriate software, create and develop programs to check fixtures, parts or prototypes to blueprint and summarize data.
- Will perform renishaw stick test and test flatness for CMM.
- Will perform preventative maintenance and calibration on coordinate measuring machine.
- Creates, edits and maintains database (with back up) for future reference.
- Will respond to all customer (internal and external) requests for data/measurement.
- Must program and certify check fixtures (old and new).
- Determines reference points and computes layout dimensions.
- Studies blueprint, sketch, model, or other specifications and plans layout. Reads and interprets GD & T and blueprints in accordance with ANSI/ASME Standard Y14.5M.
- Examines work piece and verifies such requirements as dimensions and squareness, using rule, square, and straightedge.
- Lifts and positions work piece in relation to surface plate manually or with hoist, using such work aids as shims, parallel blocks, and angle plates.
- Verifies position with measuring instruments, such as gauge blocks, height gauges, and dial indicators. Compiles measurement information to determine part/fixture fitness.
- May layout sheet metal, applying specialized knowledge of sheet metal layout geometry.
- Sets indicators on height gauge, protractor, or layout machine to computed dimensions, or projects dimensions by setting indicators to specified locations on model and moving instrument or machine so that indicators bear on corresponding locations on work piece. Generate graphics files and plot for reports.
- Will program and certify parts (new and off load), prototype parts, weld fixtures
- Generate 3-D IGS files for engineering and programming purposes.
- Performs manual layouts on surface plate as needed.
- Marks or scribes layout lines, using hand tools and work aids, such as surface gauge, straightedge, compasses, templates, and scriber.
- Marks such data as dimensions, instructions, and part identification on work piece.
- Works to tolerances as close as plus 0.001 inch.
- May position model in parallel relationship to work piece to obtain duplicate orientation with math data and software applications.
- May apply pigment to layout surfaces, using paintbrush.
- May inspect machined parts to verify conformance to specifications.
- May add dimensional details to blueprints or prepare dimensional drawings to be followed by other workers.
- Repairs and adjusts fixtures as needed.
- Test software and hardware to detect errors in PCMIS Data Page, Data View, and gage R & R.
- Reviews and searches for layout products to enhance performance.
- Calibrate inspection probe before each test to assure accurate measurements.
- Summarize compiled information for publishing and distribution.
- Reads various reports/forms and follows-up as appropriate.
- Summarize data using computer generated SPC charts.
- Clean parts and fixtures and critical areas being measured to maintain accuracy.
- Perform part and fixture validation annually.
- Utilize lift truck to secure parts from production lines.
- Must prepare reports for the customers and senior management.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Position requires a high school diploma with apprenticeship/journeyman status in layout
- and/or a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Experience must include at least 3 years CMM Programming and 2 years CMM
- A certificate in automation software CMM programming would provide the evidence
- necessary to assure an entry level position in this area of work.
- Actual work experience in the automotive industry in layout inspection of at least 5 years
Rua do Espido, , Portugal
Automotive and Parts Mfg
Sodecia is an industrial corporation operating worldwide as a full service supplier in the chassis, powertrain, and body in white commodities. As a partner of the world's major OEM's, Sodecia aims to deliver integrated product solutions to meet the highest demands of our customers, by constantly adding value to their challenges, exceeding their expectations and taking part in their success.
Machine Tool Builder, Machine Tool Electrician, Machine Tool Pipefitte
Looking for individuals with Machine tool experience as a Builder, Pipe-fitter or Electrician for various locations across the lower part of lower Michigan. Please do not apply with out a FULL resume. I will not consider applicants that do not submit a FULL resume.
installation of automation machinery.
Textile Machine Operators
Advanced Personnel Resources is currently seeking experienced textile machine operators for our client in Winston Salem, NC. Our client is a global leader and manufacturer in sleeping surfaces. These positions are long-term, contract to hire.
•Remove defects in cloth by cutting and pulling out filling.
•Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine if machines need adjustment.
•Observe woven cloth to detect weaving defects.
•Thread yarn, thread, and fabric through guides, needles, and rollers of machines for weaving, knitting, or other processing.
•Examine looms to determine causes of loom stoppage, such as warp filling, harness breaks, or mechanical defects.
•Notify supervisors or repair staff of mechanical malfunctions.
•Set up, or set up and operate textile machines that perform textile processing and manufacturing operations such as winding, twisting, knitting, weaving, bonding, or stretching.
•Start machines, monitor operations, and make adjustments as needed.•Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
•Record information about work completed and machine settings.
•Confer with co-workers to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems.
•Stop machines when specified amounts of product have been produced.
•Clean, oil, and lubricate machines, using air hoses, cleaning solutions, rags, oil cans, or grease guns.
•Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
•Repair or replace worn or defective needles and other components, using hand tools.
•Install, level, and align machine components such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, or needles to set up machinery for operation.
•Minimum three year's Knitting experience
•Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
•Ability to read/interpret measurements
•Ability to use basic hand tools
Starting pay is $11+ DOE
We work in partnership with a majority of the region's most well-known organizations, institutions and healthcare practices from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune ranked corporations in fulfilling Professional, Administrative, Clinical / Non Clinical and Light Industrial staffing needs. We provide the highest quality talent and job opportunities in diverse industries and positions including:
Accounting / Finance
Administrative / Clerical
Call Center / Customer Service
Manufacturing / Distribution
Medical / Healthcare
Purchasing / Supply Chain
Sales / Marketing
Our team of highly experienced recruiting and staffing professionals are known for their market intelligence, unparalleled contacts, high-impact service and proven record in recruiting the most qualified job seekers specifically selected to match our clients' needs. We combine over 125 years of staffing and search industry expertise. We are committed to maintaining our total quality service mission and personalized attention to deliver a successful match for both our client employers and job seeking candidates.
Your company's success is important to us. Your career is equally important. Finding the right candidate and the right position is our business.
Embroidery Machine Operator
The Embroidery Machine Operator will work with garments, other cloth materials, and an embroidery machine. The operator may also have some sewing duties, either by hand or machine. Embroidery of company logos to uniforms and hats might also be required. The ideal candidate is also expected to be able to know how to maintain the machines, which includes applying oil and cleaning the machines so that they run smoothly.
Essential Duties and
- Operate commercial embroidery machines to create designated garments and pieces.
- Operate a Tajima 6 or 8 head embroidery machine on a daily basis.
- Load and ready fabric, threads, needles and goods.
- Ensure items are embroidered with correct logo and colors as noted on work order.
- Follow style, color and design guidelines to create standard products.
- Inspect orders to ensure product built matches customer requirements.
- Ensure quality of final product.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Report defective material or questionable condition to the department supervisor.
- Contribute and adhere to safety and quality.
- Communicate status of operation in a timely manner to management including any safety and/or process problems.
- Strong digitizing knowledge required.
- Wilcom software experience needed.
- At least 3 years of embroidery machine experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management Skills and Self-Motivation.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. or more if required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Work long hours on feet
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk for long periods of time
- Bending over
- Lifting and pulling
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Georgia Expo Manufacturing is looking for a detail-oriented Sewing Machine Operator to join our growing organization. Established in 1986, Georgia Expo has had remarkable, consistent growth and continues to grow and launch new product offerings within the trade show/exhibition industry. We are the largest U.S. manufacturer of Pipe and Drape, equipment used in trade show and events (e.g. Trade Show Booths) and provide a variety of products that divide, define, and design event spaces.
As a Sewing Machine Operator you will work in the Sewing Department within a manufacturing environment. Sewing Machine Operators will operate and/or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacturing of quality drape products, table skirting, and specialty items as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Record quantities of materials processed.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machines, according to garment styles and equipment performance.
- Assists with any other general labor tasks assigned by management.
- Match cloth pieces in correct sequences prior to sewing them, and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to standards, using rulers.
- Inspect garments, and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
Skill Requirements :
- Self-motivated and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organizational & time management skills.
Experience and Education Requirements :
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sewing Machine Operator in a Factory and/ or manufacturing / production environment required.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred, but not required.
- Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
- Warehouse / Production Environment
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Located in Suwanee, GA, Georgia Expo is the largest provider of Pipe & Drape, as well as other exhibition equipment in the United States. Georgia Expo services customers throughout the United States and Canada. We sell all types of exhibition products including Pipe, Drape, Back Wall, Room Partitions, Room Dividers, Table Skirting, Stage Skirting, Expo Tables, Crowd Control Stanchions, Easels, Disposable Waste Containers, Storage Solutions and more! We are known for our outstanding quality, hard to beat prices, and exceptional customer service.
The beautiful thing about Pipe and Drape is that its uses are limited only by your imagination. Our customers range across all industries and include anyone that has an event or room to decorate, organize, or define space in. Although our dedication to being a service provider and relationship builder leads us to prefer to make long-term friends over customers, we sell to all sorts of industries:
Trade Show Decorators / Service Contracts
Party Rental Companies
Event and Wedding Planners
Catering and Reception Halls
Conventions and Civic Centers
Parks and Recreation
Colleges and Universities
Churches and Community Centers
State Fairs and Festivals
Audio Visual and Production Companies
Georgia Expo is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!