Cloth Mercerizer Operator Job Description Sample
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Georgia Expo Manufacturing is looking for a detail-oriented Sewing Machine Operator to join our growing organization. Established in 1986, Georgia Expo has had remarkable, consistent growth and continues to grow and launch new product offerings within the trade show/exhibition industry. We are the largest U.S. manufacturer of Pipe and Drape, equipment used in trade show and events (e.g. Trade Show Booths) and provide a variety of products that divide, define, and design event spaces.
As a Sewing Machine Operator you will work in the Sewing Department within a manufacturing environment. Sewing Machine Operators will operate and/or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacturing of quality drape products, table skirting, and specialty items as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Record quantities of materials processed.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machines, according to garment styles and equipment performance.
- Assists with any other general labor tasks assigned by management.
- Match cloth pieces in correct sequences prior to sewing them, and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to standards, using rulers.
- Inspect garments, and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
Skill Requirements :
- Self-motivated and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organizational & time management skills.
Experience and Education Requirements :
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sewing Machine Operator in a Factory and/ or manufacturing / production environment required.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred, but not required.
- Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
- Warehouse / Production Environment
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Located in Suwanee, GA, Georgia Expo is the largest provider of Pipe & Drape, as well as other exhibition equipment in the United States. Georgia Expo services customers throughout the United States and Canada. We sell all types of exhibition products including Pipe, Drape, Back Wall, Room Partitions, Room Dividers, Table Skirting, Stage Skirting, Expo Tables, Crowd Control Stanchions, Easels, Disposable Waste Containers, Storage Solutions and more! We are known for our outstanding quality, hard to beat prices, and exceptional customer service.
The beautiful thing about Pipe and Drape is that its uses are limited only by your imagination. Our customers range across all industries and include anyone that has an event or room to decorate, organize, or define space in. Although our dedication to being a service provider and relationship builder leads us to prefer to make long-term friends over customers, we sell to all sorts of industries:
Trade Show Decorators / Service Contracts
Party Rental Companies
Event and Wedding Planners
Catering and Reception Halls
Conventions and Civic Centers
Parks and Recreation
Colleges and Universities
Churches and Community Centers
State Fairs and Festivals
Audio Visual and Production Companies
Georgia Expo is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Manufacturing Operator I - Depal Operator
Purpose: * Operate, maintain and troubleshoot multiple pieces of production equipment in execution of daily production schedule according to the SOP for production equipment. This is a 1st shift position Monday
- Friday. Weekends and/or holidays based on business needs.
Accountabilities: * Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment start up and operation.
Operate/Monitor equipment during operation to ensure quality product and minimal unplanned stops.
Accurately and efficiently perform steps necessary to conduct flavor/package changes and proper shut-downs to minimize down-time wasted resources.
Maintain clean work environment and production area.
Perform all tasks in a safe manner and uphold safety standards.
Perform Quality Checks as required.
Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials.
Participate in daily team/shift meetings and other work related activities.
* Previous experience working in a high speed manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
Prior machine operator experience is strongly desired.
Experience in reading and following written SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) or instructions.
Competency in the operation/monitoring of two or more related and/or interdependent processes.
Must have basicmechanical and troubleshooting skills.
Familiarity/Experience with up-stream and down-stream processes is preferred.
Competency in monitoring and adjusting equipment speeds, pressures, & temperatures using simple tools as needed.
Ability and experience in starting/stopping equipment and operating equipment in “auto” and “manual/jog”.
Ability and experience in making mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic adjustments to “fine-tune” processes based on observations of equipment operation.
Simple process understanding.
Simple tool usage.
Must be able to complete work requests and forms (handwritten and/or computer-based) to accurately document production/downtime.
Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
Strong math skills
Ability to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
Ability to stand, walk, climb, bend and stoop throughout shift.
Ability to work in extreme temperatures and work in noisy conditions
Prior Forklift experience is a plus.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
- 2nd shift (2:15p.m. to 10:00p.m) or 3rd shift (10:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) CCBCC is an equal employment opportunity employerLocation: Bishopville, SC
- Job Code:* OP7015
Fork Lift Operator / Machine Operator
Job Description Fork lift Operator w/ Machine Operator Experience Must be reliable and able to work every day. OT may be required. Must be able to lift up to 40#s repetitively as needed. Must be able to stoop & bend. Will load cardboard into the machine, will monitor the machine for quality, will take cardboard off the machine and stack it on skids. Must be able to drive fork lift. Must be willing to follow all safety guidelines-lock out/tag out, steel toed boots required, company supplied safety glasses and ear protection required. Leave all items in company provided locker daily. NO cell phones on the production floor-only on breaks and lunch. Entry level opportunity. Will train on various machines (McKinley, banding machine)
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Process Operator IV B-Arodo Mechanic Operator
Operations City: San Bernardino State / Province: California Education/Certifications
Computer Equipment and Software RequirementsThe position requires the ability to work with a personal computer in a Windows environment. Requires familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as using the Internet, if required. Education and Experience Required HS degree (GED equivalent), plus 2-4 years process manufacturing experience.
Licensing or other Special Requirements Requires a valid drivers license and a good driving record.Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. independently; and up to 100 lbs. with assistance, Forklift experience a plus.
Purpose of the Position Safely and efficiently maintain and operate the Arodo packaging line and palletizer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Maintain the equipment for the Arodo line, namely:Arodo – all production and maintenance activities Palletizer – production only, not full range of maintenance Perform mechanical repairs and PM’s Operate various processing equipment Read and follow daily production schedule and instructions Prepare packaging materials by retrieving items from storage, applying labels to containers, setting up and loading filling machines, operating various automatic and manual packaging machines, scales and printing devices, industrial lift trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling tools and equipment. Maintain correct weight of the bags produced Maintain the quality of the bags produced Perform Durometer tests on bags for hardness and vacuum Maintain high efficiency Operate and monitor plant manufacturing controls, gauges and instruments Fill out all paperwork Downtime log, Used parts log, All required Q.C. tests Shift to shift log book,Q.C. sampling Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area by efficiently using various hand tools and equipment such as push brooms, mops, floor sweepers, cleaning chemicals, trash receptacles, etc. Recycle rework Assist in training new operators Create work orders for repair in maintenance information system Maintain accurate written and electronic records as required by specific tasks Communicate immediately to Supervisors, or any member of management all circumstances which may affect quality or are considered questionable and unsafe Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions Document repairs that are non-urgent that can be scheduled Assist other operators as directed by supervisors in performing all activities associated with the manufacture of products and any other task assigned by supervisors Work scheduled overtime Perform other duties as required
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator Tracking Code 37751 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Required Skills General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Required Experience Bindery Operator experience in a cutter operator role.
Knowledge of bindery/finishing operations. Job Location Smyrna, Tennessee, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Building Automation Systems, Operator - Building Automation Systems, Operator
Building Automation Systems, Operator - Building Automation Systems, Operator Hiring department Fac Operations & Maint Monthly salary $1,320+ depending on qualifications Hours per week 20.00 Variable Posting number 17-11-13-01-5303 Job Status Open FLSA status Non-exempt Earliest Start Date Immediately Position Duration Funding expected to continue Position open to all applicants Location Austin (main campus) Number of vacancies 1 General Notes 20 hours per week to be arranged with supervisor. Position may include periodically working some weekend, evenings, holidays, and overtime.
Hiring decision contingent upon applicant clearing a security background check. Applications will be reviewed online by the hiring department. Required Application Materials
A Resume is required in order to apply
A List of 3 References is required in order to apply. Additional Information Purpose Provide journey level technical skills associated with HVAC and building automation systems.
Monitor HVAC campus automation systems and related equipment. Perform routine maintenance and repair of BAS equipment. Staff the Facilities after-hours phone and provide routine and emergency dispatch of personnel.
Essential Functions Monitors HVAC and other related building systems for proper operation and alarm conditions to provide advance notification to campus response personnel. Analyzes computer-generated and phoned-in facility-related problems, prioritizes to provide efficient response, uses troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques to identify equipment problems and dispatches appropriate personnel. Handles normal and emergency phone calls.
Dispatches technicians as needed. On occasion will need to be able to respond to crisis situations. Works in a professional manner.
Creates accurate FAMIS Service Requests. Provides timely and courteous customer service, keeps supervisors up to date on daily work order status to ensure clear, concise and necessary communication channels are maintained and customer expectations are met. Communicates effectively with customers to understand their needs and expectations.
Performs work independently from written or verbal instructions and in accordance with established safety procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner. Performs preventive maintenance on the monitoring equipment to ensure that monitoring systems are operating effectively and efficiently. Collects and maintains building automation system data, historical logs, and software databases to collect data to analyze the efficiency of HVAC systems.
Programs building automation equipment for routine and event-driven facility equipment schedules to support campus events. Licenses: Class "C" Operator's Driver's License. Applicant selected must provide a current three year Driving Record from the current state of residence.
If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver's License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident. Marginal/Incidental functions Other related functions as assigned. Maintain acceptable driver rating as established in Policy:
UTS157 Section 5.4. Required qualifications High school graduation or GED. Three years of experience in journey-level installation, repair, maintenance, and operation of HVAC building automation controls and systems.
Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Preferred Qualifications Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
More than three years experience of the required qualifications. Experience at the University of Texas or in a university setting. Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
Experience with computerized service request systems. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills. Professional demeanor.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the culturally and hierarchically diverse University community served. Proven ability to work with a team of multi-crafted trades people. Experience in a Call Center environment.
Working conditions Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished) May work in all weather conditions May work in extreme temperatures May work around chemical fumes May work around standard office conditions May work around biohazards May work around chemicals May work around electrical and mechanical hazards Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation Use of manual dexterity Climbing of stairs Climbing of ladders Lifting and moving Working conditions found with electronic or computerized equipment. May require to be stationed at a computer monitoring workstation for extended periods. Maintain acceptable driver rating as established in Policy:
UTS157 Section 2.5.4. A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position. The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9.
You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Information from the documents will be submitted to the federal E-Verify system for verification. Documents must be presented no later than the third day of employment.
Failure to do so will result in dismissal. UT Austin is a Tobacco-free Campus
Fry/ Steam Table Operator /Grill Operator
Fry/ Steam Table Operator /Grill Operator: The primary responsibility of the grill operator is to prepare to order within 5-8 minutes quality grill products in accordance with specific cooking procedures using the grill bun toaster, spat, meat for and CRT.
Cooking times, setting, and monitoring equipment temperatures. Restocking, sanitizing work area and following safety, security, uniform and company rules are essential to successfully operating grill station. The primary responsibility of the fry/steam table operator is to prepare to order quality fry/steam table products within 5-8 minutes in accordance with specific cooking procedures using the deep fry, timer, steam table, microwave, tongs, taco shell former, and fry baskets.
Cooking times, setting, and monitoring equipment temperatures. Restocking, sanitizing work area and following safety, security, sanitation, uniform and company rules are essential to successfully operating the fry/steam table station. Clean work areas.
Good vision (general and close), good hearing, manual dexterity, standing, bending, stretching and walking throughout shift, lift and carry 30 pounds, maintain good personal hygiene/ uniform, and balance a tray. Retains verbal requests and menu preparation procedures. Pass background check if hired. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Machine Operator - Process Operator
Performs basic hand or machine tasks in support of the manufacture and finishing of parts. Follows departmental procedures to successfully and safely complete these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates assigned machines and/or performs assigned production processes.
- Maintains a safe, clean and uncluttered work area; removes metal chips from machines resulting from cutting processes.
- Performs basic visual inspection to identify obvious cosmetic flaws as well as verifying part compliance against predetermined quality guides or standards by using simple go/no-go gauges, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, thread gauges, and height gauges.
- Loads and unloads assigned machines; prepares raw materials, follows loading procedures, removes parts from machine, washes and deburrs as necessary, stacks in designated baskets or boxes and delivers completed parts to the next operation.
- Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction, reports problems to Lead person or Set-up Personnel.
- Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment with assistance from trained operator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to correctly follow a rule or basic set of rules i.e. following work instructions.
- Ability to use basic shop math.
- Basic input skills with computer applications.
- Demonstrate proficient manual dexterity and superior eye hand coordination.
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Thurs-Sat 500am-530pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator
Fast growing, highly regarded leader in the full-service branding industry has an outstanding opportunity for an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who is hard working, reliable, accurate and able to work second shift.
· Are you an impact player who has a sharp attention to detail?
· Are you an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who likes to be challenged on a daily basis?
· Are you a difference maker who likes to work in fast paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines?
If this sounds like you we would like to talk with you about joining our team as an Embroidery Operator/ Machine Operator!
Club Colors is a global brand management solutions provider offering a high quality promotional products and branded apparel at cost effective prices with the highest level of customer service in the industry. Our team invests the time and energy to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in everything we do. Collectively we are one team that makes a dynamic impact.
We are looking for impact players and difference makers. The Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator should be positive and strong sense of detail. Experience with Tajima Embroidery Machines is a plus but will train the right Embroidery Operator /Machine Operator and offer a salary commensurate with experience.
· Serious Applicants Only
Technical Operator (Maintenance Tech/Machine Operator Hybrid Position)
AmeriQual Foods, an Evansville, IN based food manufacturing facility, is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as a Technical Operator. This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and predictive maintenance of the filling equipment. This position is expected to attain daily scheduling goals in an efficient and resourceful manner. This position also works closely with Quality Assurance and Maintenance Area Leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses equipment problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform root cause analysis and provide long term corrective solutions to aid in the continuous improvement process
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines
- Set up of machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Ensure that machines are producing quality pouches by managing perioic checks on output
- Perform safety checks on equipment and maintain a clean work area
- Verify codes, materials and retort rack configurations
- Maintain required documentation for pouch usage and downtime
- Must be able to learn and perform when necessary all quality checks required to ensure equipment is operating within specifications.
- 2 year Technical degree preferred or two plus years of industrial maintenance experience
- Comprehensive understanding of pneumatic systems, high voltage electrical, control voltage circuits and mechanical aspects of machinery
- Ability to read an electrical schematic and utilize a multimeter to help troubleshoot 480V 3 phase, 220V and 120V circuits as well as 24 volt control systems
- Experience with analogue control and discrete, preferred
- Ability to weld utilizing TIG and MIG and ARC
- Fabrication assembly of shafts, bearing and gearboxes experience
- Ability to use a drill press, lath and metal cutting equipment
- Must have general math, reading and good communication skills
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package available including medical, free associate health clinic, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more. See www.ameriqual.com/careers for more information. EO/AAE
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!