Cloth Shrinking Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Georgia Expo Manufacturing is looking for a detail-oriented Sewing Machine Operator to join our growing organization. Established in 1986, Georgia Expo has had remarkable, consistent growth and continues to grow and launch new product offerings within the trade show/exhibition industry. We are the largest U.S. manufacturer of Pipe and Drape, equipment used in trade show and events (e.g. Trade Show Booths) and provide a variety of products that divide, define, and design event spaces.
As a Sewing Machine Operator you will work in the Sewing Department within a manufacturing environment. Sewing Machine Operators will operate and/or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacturing of quality drape products, table skirting, and specialty items as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Record quantities of materials processed.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machines, according to garment styles and equipment performance.
- Assists with any other general labor tasks assigned by management.
- Match cloth pieces in correct sequences prior to sewing them, and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to standards, using rulers.
- Inspect garments, and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
Skill Requirements :
- Self-motivated and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organizational & time management skills.
Experience and Education Requirements :
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sewing Machine Operator in a Factory and/ or manufacturing / production environment required.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred, but not required.
- Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
- Warehouse / Production Environment
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Located in Suwanee, GA, Georgia Expo is the largest provider of Pipe & Drape, as well as other exhibition equipment in the United States. Georgia Expo services customers throughout the United States and Canada. We sell all types of exhibition products including Pipe, Drape, Back Wall, Room Partitions, Room Dividers, Table Skirting, Stage Skirting, Expo Tables, Crowd Control Stanchions, Easels, Disposable Waste Containers, Storage Solutions and more! We are known for our outstanding quality, hard to beat prices, and exceptional customer service.
The beautiful thing about Pipe and Drape is that its uses are limited only by your imagination. Our customers range across all industries and include anyone that has an event or room to decorate, organize, or define space in. Although our dedication to being a service provider and relationship builder leads us to prefer to make long-term friends over customers, we sell to all sorts of industries:
Trade Show Decorators / Service Contracts
Party Rental Companies
Event and Wedding Planners
Catering and Reception Halls
Conventions and Civic Centers
Parks and Recreation
Colleges and Universities
Churches and Community Centers
State Fairs and Festivals
Audio Visual and Production Companies
Georgia Expo is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Machine Operator & Painter (Cnc Machine Operator)
Job Description 2nd Shift, Painter & Hardware Machine Operator - Be intricate with cutting metal parts for construction of machines. The parts will include joints, pipes, frames, etc.
Experience in painting is a MUST as this person must be able to intricately tape and paint the machine parts. Paint must not drip, so the candidate must be an experienced painter. Candidate must have attention to detail, quality assurance, and safety.
This is a developmental role. Candidate MUST be reliable. If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-588-9729
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
CNC Machine Operator & CNC Machine Programmer
Company seeking experienced an CNC machine operator and a CNC machine programmer with at least 2 years experience as an CNC operator and also 2 years experience as a CNC Programmer. Pay DOE.
Will be a fulltime job with hours 8-5 Monday - Friday with 1 hours for lunch. Pay DOE. To find out how to apply to this opportunity please call Workforce Solutions Staff at 1-800-457-5633 or 325-795-4200 and have it added to your "Interested List". Your name will also be placed on the employer's contact list.
Machine Operator Entry - VMC Cell Operator - 2Nd Shift
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The employee in this role will be required to perform each of the tasks below in a safe and timely manner. The Machine Operator Entry
- VMC Cell Operator must focus on quality as well as productivity.
As the Machine Operator Entry
- VMC Cell Operator, you will:
Interpret written specs
Repetitive heavy lifting
Perform standard work per the quality work plans
Generate improvement ideas on a weekly basis
Participation in team based improvement activities
Active participation in standard work revisions
Inspect parts using pin / thread gages
Position, adjust, and secure stock or work pieces against stops on chucks, vises, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms
Add coolant and lubrication materials to maintain proper levels
Clean, maintain, and organize assigned area
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks and/or responsibilities that may be assigned or reassigned at any time
This job description is subject to change at any time Qualifications/
High School Diploma / GED
Good safety, attendance, and performance record
Able to interpret shop blueprints
Able to interpret MOSs
Able to do arithmetic and basic shop math
Use standard measuring instruments
Work with minimum supervision
Works well with others To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; Maine; Auburn GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Machine Operator Forklift Operator
We are seeking a Machine operator for an injection molding manufacturer in OKC! This is a temp to hire position!
As a machine operator, you will be responsible for taking scrap material from machines and reprocessing through a grinder back into pellet form, and will also be responsible for operating a cardboard baling machine when needed.
Essential Duties and
- Following work instructions
- Adhering to strict material segregation control guidelines as it relates to contamination
- Sort scrap material and ensure proper inventory control/identification
- Operating regrind machines
- Meeting daily quantity, documentation and production control goals
- Operating a cardboard baler and trash compactor
- Monitor work-center/machine performance, calling on assistance as required
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Basic Math skills
- Experience using simple hand tools with an ability to demonstrate basic mechanical understanding
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Must be team focused, selfless, and motivated to build relationships with other team members
- Must be highly dependable, reliable and punctual
- Capable of working a consistent 8-hr schedule
- Ability to life 30-40 pounds (frequently)
- Standing and walking required
- Forklift experience is mandatory
- 1st shift- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4pm (7:50am-4:10pm) - $9-10/hr based on experience
- 2nd shift- Mon-Fri 4pm-12am (3:50pm-11:50pm) - $10/hr - raise once hired perm.
- 3rd shift- Mon-Fri 12am-8am (11:50pm-8:10am) - $10/hr - raise once hired perm.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
We offer weekly pay and benefits!
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Shear Operator - Machine Operator - 1St Shift - 2Nd Shift
Metals USA is seeking an experienced Shear Operator/ Machine Operator for its 1st and 2nd shift located in Seekonk MA (suburban Providence RI) facility. Metals USA is a solid growth oriented carbon steel distribution center servicing the defense, commercial construction, and road construction and fabrication industries.
The Shear Operator must be capable of set up and operating of hydraulic shear machine in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Read blueprints and job orders for product specifications.
- Locate and prepare correct material for the job.
- Set up machine for required processing functions.
- Produce of finished goods to customer specifications.
- Must be able to work from material orders accurately as to the exact quantity, size and able to make precision cuts into materials.
- May mark identification on material /work pieces before processing.
- Operate material handling equipment as needed to complete functions of the shearing operation.
- Ensure equipment and working area is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Conduct job functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematical skills reading skills required.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and interpret work order instructions, safety and policy manuals.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, calipers and gauges
- Strong aptitude and operating knowledge of heavy industrial equipment/ machining procedures
- Prior experience with forklift, side loader and overhead crane experience a plus
- Prior experience with shear equipment set-up and operation is required.
- Must be safety-focused for yourself & fellow co-worker
Metals USA offers competitive starting salary and benefits program plus upward mobility professional growth.
EOE, Affirmative Action Employer /M/F/D/V
Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator
Fast growing, highly regarded leader in the full-service branding industry has an outstanding opportunity for an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who is hard working, reliable, accurate and able to work second shift.
· Are you an impact player who has a sharp attention to detail?
· Are you an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who likes to be challenged on a daily basis?
· Are you a difference maker who likes to work in fast paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines?
If this sounds like you we would like to talk with you about joining our team as an Embroidery Operator/ Machine Operator!
Club Colors is a global brand management solutions provider offering a high quality promotional products and branded apparel at cost effective prices with the highest level of customer service in the industry. Our team invests the time and energy to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in everything we do. Collectively we are one team that makes a dynamic impact.
We are looking for impact players and difference makers. The Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator should be positive and strong sense of detail. Experience with Tajima Embroidery Machines is a plus but will train the right Embroidery Operator /Machine Operator and offer a salary commensurate with experience.
· Serious Applicants Only
Embroidery Machine Operator
The Embroidery Machine Operator will work with garments, other cloth materials, and an embroidery machine. The operator may also have some sewing duties, either by hand or machine. Embroidery of company logos to uniforms and hats might also be required. The ideal candidate is also expected to be able to know how to maintain the machines, which includes applying oil and cleaning the machines so that they run smoothly.
Essential Duties and
- Operate commercial embroidery machines to create designated garments and pieces.
- Operate a Tajima 6 or 8 head embroidery machine on a daily basis.
- Load and ready fabric, threads, needles and goods.
- Ensure items are embroidered with correct logo and colors as noted on work order.
- Follow style, color and design guidelines to create standard products.
- Inspect orders to ensure product built matches customer requirements.
- Ensure quality of final product.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Report defective material or questionable condition to the department supervisor.
- Contribute and adhere to safety and quality.
- Communicate status of operation in a timely manner to management including any safety and/or process problems.
- Strong digitizing knowledge required.
- Wilcom software experience needed.
- At least 3 years of embroidery machine experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management Skills and Self-Motivation.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. or more if required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Work long hours on feet
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk for long periods of time
- Bending over
- Lifting and pulling
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!