Cloth Shrinking Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
Machine Operator - Quilting/Wind-Up/Feed Operator
- Quilting/Wind-up/Feed Operator
31-Oct-2017 to 30-Dec-2017 (EST)
Louisville, KY, USA + $11.00
Full Time Includes health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation. Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job 3 Day work week! Production Bonus!! Sign On Bonus up to $1,750!!! $1.00/hr Shift Differential Louisville Bedding, a manufacturer of bedding components, in the Jeffersontown area is looking for Quilting/Wind-up/Feed Operators for our evening shifts. Operators needed for either Sunday
6am Availability for occasional Saturday overtime. Essential duties and responsibilities includes the following:
Loads and secures cloth onto continuous industrial quilting machine and assists with starting the quilting process.
Feeds and secures continuous quilted cloth onto wind-up bar and starts roll up process.
Cuts quilted cloth run, using scissors, at the designated point based on yardage specs.
Removes completed rolls of quilted cloth from the wind-up unit and places on pallets.
Starts new roll of quilted cloth onto wind-up bar without stopping machine.
Secures roll ends, weighs, bags, and labels previously finished quilted rolls, scans, and stores on supply rack, using hoist.
Checks width of quilted rolls and visually inspects quilted cloth for defects during wind-up operation.
Records weights and widths of batting rolls.
Maintains expected quality goals.
Maintains expected production goals.
Observes all department and company safety rules.
Maintains a clean work area. Properly disposes of trash and scrap at the end of the shift and as needed.
Any other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions and conduct basic mathematics involving weight measurements.
While performing duties, employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend in order to operate equipment.
Must grip, push, pull and reach over shoulder level with both hands.
Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
May be required to wear personal protective equipment.
Must be able to pass criminal background check and screening for illegal substances.
Embroidery Machine Operator
The Embroidery Machine Operator will work with garments, other cloth materials, and an embroidery machine. The operator may also have some sewing duties, either by hand or machine. Embroidery of company logos to uniforms and hats might also be required. The ideal candidate is also expected to be able to know how to maintain the machines, which includes applying oil and cleaning the machines so that they run smoothly.
Essential Duties and
- Operate commercial embroidery machines to create designated garments and pieces.
- Operate a Tajima 6 or 8 head embroidery machine on a daily basis.
- Load and ready fabric, threads, needles and goods.
- Ensure items are embroidered with correct logo and colors as noted on work order.
- Follow style, color and design guidelines to create standard products.
- Inspect orders to ensure product built matches customer requirements.
- Ensure quality of final product.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Report defective material or questionable condition to the department supervisor.
- Contribute and adhere to safety and quality.
- Communicate status of operation in a timely manner to management including any safety and/or process problems.
- Strong digitizing knowledge required.
- Wilcom software experience needed.
- At least 3 years of embroidery machine experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management Skills and Self-Motivation.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. or more if required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Work long hours on feet
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk for long periods of time
- Bending over
- Lifting and pulling
Machine Operator - Finish Blade Operator
Albuquerque Asphalt is accepting applications for a Finish Blade Operator
Must be capable of finishing subgrade & base course for parking lots, roadways, and highways.
Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Hourly Rate D.O.E
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Georgia Expo Manufacturing is looking for a detail-oriented Sewing Machine Operator to join our growing organization. Established in 1986, Georgia Expo has had remarkable, consistent growth and continues to grow and launch new product offerings within the trade show/exhibition industry. We are the largest U.S. manufacturer of Pipe and Drape, equipment used in trade show and events (e.g. Trade Show Booths) and provide a variety of products that divide, define, and design event spaces.
As a Sewing Machine Operator you will work in the Sewing Department within a manufacturing environment. Sewing Machine Operators will operate and/or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacturing of quality drape products, table skirting, and specialty items as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Record quantities of materials processed.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machines, according to garment styles and equipment performance.
- Assists with any other general labor tasks assigned by management.
- Match cloth pieces in correct sequences prior to sewing them, and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to standards, using rulers.
- Inspect garments, and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
Skill Requirements :
- Self-motivated and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organizational & time management skills.
Experience and Education Requirements :
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sewing Machine Operator in a Factory and/ or manufacturing / production environment required.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred, but not required.
- Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
- Warehouse / Production Environment
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Located in Suwanee, GA, Georgia Expo is the largest provider of Pipe & Drape, as well as other exhibition equipment in the United States. Georgia Expo services customers throughout the United States and Canada. We sell all types of exhibition products including Pipe, Drape, Back Wall, Room Partitions, Room Dividers, Table Skirting, Stage Skirting, Expo Tables, Crowd Control Stanchions, Easels, Disposable Waste Containers, Storage Solutions and more! We are known for our outstanding quality, hard to beat prices, and exceptional customer service.
The beautiful thing about Pipe and Drape is that its uses are limited only by your imagination. Our customers range across all industries and include anyone that has an event or room to decorate, organize, or define space in. Although our dedication to being a service provider and relationship builder leads us to prefer to make long-term friends over customers, we sell to all sorts of industries:
Trade Show Decorators / Service Contracts
Party Rental Companies
Event and Wedding Planners
Catering and Reception Halls
Conventions and Civic Centers
Parks and Recreation
Colleges and Universities
Churches and Community Centers
State Fairs and Festivals
Audio Visual and Production Companies
Georgia Expo is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Fabricator / Polisher / Saw Jet Operator / CNC Operator / Machine Oper
We are looking for experienced Saw Jet Operators- CNC Operators - Fabricators/Laminators and Polishers
Experience is a plus- Must be Dependable- Team Worker- Able to Speak/Understand English- Must be able to lift 100 lbs (shop workers)
Pay Depending on Experience
We use the newest Technology and Sophisticated Tooling to help you do the job right with the highest Quality!
Daytime, Evening and Graveyard positions needed Immediately- We pay extra for you Night Owls!!!
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!