Cloth Stock Sorter Job Description Sample
Foxboro - Stock Clerk/Donation Sorter (Part Time)
Are you looking to work in retail and for a company that makes a positive difference in your community? Come join our Goodwill team at the Foxboro Plaza Retail Store and help make GoodSkills possible Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Stock Clerk/Donation Sorter to join our team.
The stock clerk/donation sorter will be responsible for processing quality donations quickly according to agency standards while also being responsible for greeting, thanking, and issuing receipts to customers according to agency policies, procedures and practices. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Processes quality donations quickly, which involves the sorting, tagging, testing, cleaning and preparing of all materials for sale in the store, meet production goals.
Assists in stock rotation and maintaining racks, shelves and other displays in a presentable manner. Itemizes purchases on point-of-sale system, handles cash and makes change. Utilizes personal computer software to input starting and ending cash amounts and maintain accurate customer records.
Assists store team leadership and the training of new personnel. Assists in maintaining a clean work area, such as sweeping floors. Adheres to all safety practices, procedures and policies.
Other duties as assigned. SPECIFIC SKILLS/ABILITIES Ability to communicate effectively Ability to know different shades of tone and color Know merchandise within a variety of categories: name brand, antiques, vintage, collectables to name a few. Ability to use basic computer functions.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred. Work weekends, nights and holidays as required.
Must be able to perform physical requirements of position including but not limited to: constant standing, constant bilateral reach and handling ability; constant fingering and pinch grip; requires constant ability to lift/carry up to 10 lbs.; may require constant shoulder height reaching with either hand and firm grasp; frequent bending; may squat; requires frequent ability to push/pull less than 20 lbs. HOURS: This is a part time hourly position. Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran SDL2017
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
Mail Sorter Operator
Mail Sorter Operator Tracking Code 37467 Job Description Setup, Operation, and Maintenance of Co-Mailer machine
Ensure the safety of themselves and all crew members.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
Daily operation of Co-Mailer line in the most efficient manner possible.
Perform make-ready as follows
Ensure that all mail is handled per postal rules and regulations
Ensure all quality standards for product are met.
Operate and Maintain Lantech Wrapper
Direct crew as needed to meet production needs.
Perform and keep detailed maintenance logs
Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Required Skills General knowledge as a light equipment operator. Including,knowledge of the set up, operating requirements and procedures. Prior experience working in a warehouse or production area. Mechanical aptitude Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications Good written and verbal communication skills. Job Location York, Pennsylvania, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
- Pay: $10.50/hour ($12.65 upon being hired on)
- Location: Gibson County
- Typical week: 40+ hours per week.
- Shift: 6:30 am-3:15 pm +OT daily
- Job Duties: Sort totes by supplier number and build finished pallets of empty containers for shipment. need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion and 25-30 on a regular basis.
- About Company: Fortune 500 company. Excellent benefit package upon permanent hire including health, vision, dental and a 401K retirement program. This is a career job with potential for advancement and placement on other shifts.
- *Apply in person for more details
To facilitate employment to all people- no matter what barriers they face. We provide the tools to make a job opportunity into a career. We remain focused on our clients, including the employees & the clients we oblige.
We are not your average "Temp" Agency. We focus on long-term employment. All of our current openings have opportunity of turning into a career. We will give you the resources you need to be the most successful employee and help you to further your professionalism. We are proud to offer Health Insurance benefits to all full-time employees.
Requisition Primary Location Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Who Are We? WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence. We are currently hiring for a
Sorter located in Elk Grove Village, IL !
Sorting recycled material onto different conveyor belts and moving material to the appropriate areas.
Maintaining the cleanliness of the recycling area and yard outside.
Help maintain equipment such as baler and conveyor line.
Assuming custodial duties as needed.
Other manual labor that does not involve the operation of heavy equipment.
Ability to perform minimal computer related tasks.
Must be able to stand continually through entire shift.
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Who We Are Waste Connections Inc. is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees. OUR PEOPLE MEAN EVERYTHING TO US Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.
Our Opportunities BUILD TALENT FROM WITHIN People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future. LET’S REALIZE YOUR GOALS TOGETHER Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting for a Sorter Operator for our lumber manufacturing facility located in Bruce, MS. This operational role is key in safely ensuring the effective and efficient processing of raw materials, resulting in the quality lumber that will be shipped to our customers. Key Functions * Monitor flow of green lumber to drop sorter and take appropriate action to maintain continuous flow of lumber
Understands lumber grades/values and identifies defects, length, and width, sometimes from a distance
Identifies and communicates minor mechanical deficiencies
Uses hand tools to changes knives and perform miner maintenance; may use a dial indicator to set knives
Clears cross ups and may change band and gang saws/guides
Assists in maintaining housekeeping standards
High School Diploma/GED
Able to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures
Must have good mechanical/electrical problem solving skills
Good oral and written communication skills
Able to learn and understand basic computer operation
Able to perform all essential job functions, including lifting 2-20 pounds regularly, lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from height and in tight spaces, and standing or walking for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours
Successful completion of assessment process, background check and post-offer pre-employment drug screen and physical About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.* About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.* / Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. / / /
Job:Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Domestic Mail Sorter
DHL has openings for Domestic Sorters. The Domestic Sorter will perform domestic United States mail processing ensuring the mail is correctly sorted, clearly printed and that labels are placed correctly; will ensure all sorting procedures are properly followed.
Pay: Up to $12/hr
Shift : 2nd, 3rd
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sort all mail by sort area requirements and in accordance with company quality process standards
- Meet sorting production quota standards
- Inspect each piece of mail to ensure the indicia are affixed correctly and the zip code on the indicia matches the address zip code
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Duties may include reassignment to alternate operational areas as business needs require
- Essential duties are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or otherwise revised by DHL at its sole discretion
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent training and/or related experience preferred
- Understand and carry out oral instructions
- Ability to sort alphabetically and numerically
- Understand standardized math processes, e.g., count, addition and subtraction
- Work under pressure, rapidly for long periods of time
- Work as a member of a team
- This work is routine by nature with established routines and standing instructions
- Interface with other employees in the same department on a regular basis
- Walk, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. (additional weight may be required with assistance)
- Reach overhead, squat, bend or kneel most of the work shift
- Transport mail utilizing pallet jack
- This is a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DISABILITY / VET
DHL eCommerce is on its way to becoming the preferred partner for shipping solutions nationwide and worldwide. With our innovative shipping solutions, supported by state-of-the-art operations systems, we are redefining residential delivery for both your business and your customers. We provide a full range of domestic and international services for the secure and reliable distribution of mail and parcels. Plus, we offer an expanding range of value-added services.
Domestic Presence: DHL eCommerce offers U.S. businesses the widest range of domestic mail and parcel services through the power of the DHL eCommerces worldwide network. With our strategically located Distribution Centers, we can pick-up, sort and process your shipments and move them efficiently into the mailstream. As a USPS Workshare partner, we are able to offer the final mile delivery to over 152 million addresses.
Global Presence: With direct connections to over 220 countries and territories and 41 processing centers on four continents, we have the worlds largest network for international shipping services today. We provide our cross-border services to top Fortune 500 companies for parcels, business mail, direct mail and publications.
Industries Served: DHL eCommerce handles a wide variety of shipments daily from apparel and electronics to books to DVDs, vitamins, replacement parts and catalogs. Some of the industries we serve are e-commerce, multi-channel retailers, direct marketing, financial, mail and print fulfillment, healthcare, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, government and manufacturing.
The Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties:
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in a container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of the floor.
- Stack boxes and skids.
- Dump boxes and totes of material.
- Feed material, such as wastepaper onto the conveyor.
- Clean up the conveyor and surrounding sorting line.
- Keep surrounding work area clean.
- Read monitor for machine startup and ensure the machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as the guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day; Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely; Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Job Type: Full-time
We are recruiting a Pallet Sorter to join our team! Your position will focus on safe and efficient movement of products and materials.
SHIFT: TBD DAYS AND TBD NIGHTS
RATE OF PAY: 13.00 DAYS
14.00 FOR NIGHTS
TENTATIVE START DATE JAN 1ST, COULD BE SOONER
- Operate various vehicles for storage or removal of materials
- Prepare products and materials for shipment
- Load, unload, and stage products and materials
- Track and record units of materials handled
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Experience in general labor, construction, or other related fields
- Familiarity with pallet jack, forklift, or other industrial vehicles
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong work ethic
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!