Cloth Winder Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Cloth Department
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assemble products in accordance with established manufacturing and safety standards by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles assigned product parts in accordance with production guidelines in the filter cloth fabrication department.
- Uses various manufacturing tools included but not limited to: tape measure, stapler, hot knife, hammer, sewing machine on a daily basis to complete the product assembly
- Performs spot inspections of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
Secondary Duties and
- Stocks manufactured components in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place in storage area.
- Inspects products for deficiencies or breakages prior to warehouse storage.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to Assembly Supervisor.
- Maintains the fabrication shop and surrounding area in a safe and orderly manner include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As this is a labor intensive position, an individual must be able to stand, bend and squat for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately use a tape measure
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior assembly experience helpful.
Cloth Doffer - Secondary - Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position Overview: Doff rolls of secondary fabric off sulzer looms and transport to material handler with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Determine loom to be doffed. Cut core to correct size.
Record any picks and defects Use wedges to move roll from take-up to doff buggy. Transport roll of fabric to alley for pick-up by material handler. Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility) Reset pick clock to zero Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: *Cloth Doffer
Plant SI - B Shift (Chickamauga, Ga)*
CDL A Truck Driver Company Drivers Winder GA
driver trucks trucking Company Driver | $1060/week+, Flatbed, Home Daily
Requisition ID: 206
Truck Driver Pay & Benefits
Full-time CDL truck drivers are eligible for:
$1060 per week
Paid Orientation and Training
Comprehensive Benefits Package after 30 days
Truck Driver Qualifications
Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL-A)
9 Months - flatbed - experience in the last 3 yrs, or 2 in the
last 5 yrs
22+ yrs. of age
Join Our Cardinal/Greatwide
Team - Apply TODAY!
Electric Motor Winder
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery in the United States. Our facility is equipped with the most modern and technically advanced equipment available. EMC serves a variety of industries including power generation, hydrocarbon, chemical processing, water resources, marine, pulp and paper, mining, and nuclear.
• Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form coil and random wound stators
• Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter)
• Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must provide own basic hand tools (testing equipment is provided by the company).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods.
• Must be willing to work overtime.
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
Our company offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
-Paid vacation and holidays
-Health, life, and dental insurance
-Short term and long term disability
-401K and profit sharing
-Uniforms provided by the company
Salary history or requirements are to be provided with all inquiries.
Check out our web site to learn more about our business.
Electric Motor Winder AND Mechanic
Electric Motor Winder
Leppert-Nutmeg, Inc. is an established Electric Motor/Generator Company in northern Connecticut. Our service area encompasses the Northeastern United States.
We are looking for experienced ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR WINDERS who are looking to excel.
Our winding department handles rewinds from small single phase AC motors up thru 13.8KV Generators.
If you are looking for something new and different, this is the place. Come learn from winders with 25, 30 even 40 years of experience.
The right candidates should have the following skill set:
· Attention to detail
· Strong safety record
· Team player
· Experience with AC low voltage random windings
· Experience with medium voltage a plus
· Experience with high voltage a plus, plus
The individual will refurbish, test and rewind AC/DC motors and generators.
Must work well in a team environment, have attention to detail and strong safety awareness. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required, including working on site.
We are also looking for SKILLED MECHANICS responsible for disassembly and assembly of motors and generators.
Possible room for advancement within the company for the right individuals.
Excellent pay and benefits with a competitive compensation package. Including quality health insurance. Flexible Spending Plans and 401(K). Paid vacation after 1 year. 10 paid Holidays. Uniforms.
Starting pay is bases on experience, $20-$25/hr.
Must be reliable and flexible to work demands with possible overtime requirements
Job benefits include employer sponsored medical plans, 401k plan, paid holiday and vacation, company uniforms and medical flexible spending plan
Electric Motor Winder
Primary responsibility-Motor Winding, Secondary responsibility-Motor mechanic/electrician, overtime work at times, positive attitude, works well with others, great benefits
We are currently looking for a Motor Winder in the Heights area of Houston to start immediately.
Must have experience!!!
Role and Responsibilities-
Re-wind various types of electro-mechanical equipment including but not limited to single phase, three phase, armatures and wound rotors.
-Inspect various types of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
-Ability to dismantle, strip and record coil data for AC/DC machines (motors/generators)
-Cut and remove defective coils, record data and remove insulation from core slots.
-Cut and form insulation and insert into rotor, stator, or armature slots
-Install and align formed or random coils in slots
-Replace defective coil leads and solder/braze connections of coils in specified sequence
-Test condition of windings according to EASA standards
-Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect refurnished parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
-Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment and document test results
-Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 3 years exp.
Location- Heights area
If you meet these experience and qualifications you may go online to expresspros.com and complete online application. you may also contact us at 713-523-5530 for more information!
Wind superconducting wire onto magnet along with apply epoxy to superconductor wire. We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a 2nd shift Winder in Latham, NY. The Latham MR Magnets facility is a manufacturing and development site for Magnetic Resonance Imaging magnets and other superconducting products used in Philips Magnetic Resonance Imaging and other customers. This site is part of the Magnetic Resonance Business Innovation Unit in Philips Healthcare. In this role as Winder, you will be responsible for the following:
Wind Superconductive magnets
Operate winding and epoxy equipment
Perform work to current quality and labor standards
Maintain 5S in the work area and look for continuous improvement opportunities
Perform routine minor maintenance
Support problem-solving small group activities
Ability to use overhead crane, fork lift & other industrial means of transport
Read and understand manufacturing documentation, including MI’s and blueprints Experience/Education
High School Diploma or equivalent and three-six months of related experience working in a MRI manufacturing environment. Why should you join Philips? Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/Philips_Chronic_Disease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video . To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html . Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact
option 5, for assistance.
Electric Motor Winder
Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
Test condition of windings according to EASA Standards.
Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA Standards and document test results.
Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, back ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.) * Keep work area clean and organized.
Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
All other duties as assigned. Required Skills
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
Certification from a Technical school helpful.
Mechanical aptitude required.
Prior experience working as a Winder desired. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets. Tracking Code: 790-773 Job Location: Augusta, Georgia, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Electric Motor Winder
Brick Staffing is seeking an Electric Motor Winder client in Denver, CO. Candidate must have prior experience rewinding various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
· Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
· Test condition of windings according to EASA standards.
· Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
· Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
· Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage, or unusual conditions.
· Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including, but not limited to: single-phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and synchronous fields. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
· Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document test results.
· Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
· Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including, but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems, and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
· Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective equipment (including safety goggles/glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, etc.).
· Preferred level of education: High school diploma or equivalent.
· Preferred level of experience: 5+ years of relevant experience.
· Mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to work alone or within a team.
· Focused on safety and quality.
· Positive attitude.
· Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operation and safety procedures.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!