Coagulation Operator Job Description Sample
RN Coordinator-- Coagulation Disorders
Act as the initial contact person for referrals into the program. Serves as the contact person for candidates and families. Identifies and responds to recipient and family needs. Act as resource person for internal and external health care providers.
Assist medical director with regulatory compliance, i.e. FDA, JCAHO, DOH, etc.
Assist the transplant physician and care team in transplant admission note and orders, working with PharmD, research protocol coordinator, referring physicians and others.
Assist with development of policies, procedures and standards of care related to the blood and marrow transplant program.
Collect and provide data for physicians related to acceptability of patient as an acceptable candidate. Develop ongoing rapport and relationship with referring physicians and other health care providers to enhance and maintain the referral base.
Contribute to the total quality management process by preparing reports on clinical activity and participating in process improvement such as computerized order entry, nutrition and other interdisciplinary meetings.
Coordinate patient and potential related donor HLA typing.
Coordinate weekly meetings where current inpatients, upcoming patients, candidates and follow ups are comprehensively discussed by the multidisciplinary team. Coordinates interdisciplinary meetings to discuss problems in care management laboratory, marrow, imaging and pathology data.
Identify requirements for candidate evaluation and coordinates inpatient and outpatient candidate evaluations including scheduling of appointment or admission, collaborating with Admissions and Social Services regarding insurance coverage and coordinating ancillary testing.
Participate in post-care by preparing follow-up plans, reimmunization letters and maintaining relationships with patients and families.
Work with Blood Bank, Interventional Radiology, Surgery, Operating Room and other services to coordinate stem cell donor evaluation, marrow collections, and peripheral blood stem cell harvests.
Work with the hospital finance administration and families for financial authorization for typing, harvests, other related procedures.
- Work with the protocol coordinator and transplant care team in patient enrollment on research trials. Assist the protocol coordinator and transplant team in data submission for payer RFIs and COE applications and research trials. + • Daily Responsibilities o Respond to phone calls and answer questions in a timely fashion o Document all phone messages in cerner o Provide procedure plans to the appropriate individuals o Enter medication order for procedures o Enter refills that are necessary o Enter new medications advised by medical provider o Send lab orders to the appropriate individual or outpatient lab facility o Communicate hemophilia center procedure plans to the appropriate medical provider o Complete any necessary paperwork the family and patient may need o Fax lab results and appointment documentation to the PCP if requested o See patients in hematology infusion clinic for DDAVP challenge or DDAVP infusions and ensure appropriate communication is completed + • Coag Clinic o Meet the families, give them my card with contact information o Build a trusting relationship o Follow-up on lab results from coag appointment o Make follow-up calls regarding lab results o Discuss any changes to the plan of care based upon those lab results o Discuss follow-up plan o Communicate with scheduler and radiology schedulers • Inpatient Thrombosis Patients o Provide folder with educational material o Complete educational rounds so all logistics and education is completed o Assist with writing discharge message to hematology team to ensure communication • Outpatient Thrombosis Patients o Follow-up on AntiXA levels for all clot patients o Ensure all clot patients have an ultrasound and follow-up appointment o Communicate with families when the patient is to stop lovenox o Assist with obtaining a home INR machine if patient is on Coumadin • Vascular Malformation Patients o Order lab orders per medical provider order o Review results o Communicate with medical provider about lab results o Call family and discuss plan of care for procedure o Complete lovenox education o Place lovenox medication order per medical provider’s order Qualifications
Registered nurse, BSN preferred. 3 years or clinical nursing experience required. Ped ICU exp preferred Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: Current ABTC Certification or must obtain within first 2 years of employment.
Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
Act 73 FBI Clearance
Registered Nurse UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities REQNUMBER: 647834
Director, Medical Affairs - Coagulation
The Director, Medical Affairs, Coagulation will have accountability and responsibility for strategic projects across the client coagulation Portfolio. The position will be responsible for establishing and fostering professional relationships with key opinion leaders ensuring access to current medical and scientific information on company products and coagulation therapeutic areas of interest. The position will also provide medical/scientific expertise and support to global and commercial functions within the organization via effective scientific exchange.
· Support the development and maintenance of strong academic and stakeholder relationships both internally and externally via effective scientific exchange
· Partner with global colleagues for product/research development projects and strategy
· Collaborate and contribute in the design and development of medical/scientific presentation materials, training, and educational programs
· Develop strategies and tactics to accommodate academic, clinical, and scientific support for advisory boards, congresses, conventions, symposia, etc.
· Identify and develop internal medical affairs information technology platforms to enhance efficiency
· Respond in a timely and effective manner to medical and product information requests
· Provide internal and external scientific training/presentations
· Track all information requests and responses and report monthly scientific exchange activity according to company policy and requirements
· Ensure adherence to budget and operational accountability for assigned functions
· Ensure compliance of Medical Affairs activities
· Review promotional and educational materials for medical and scientific accuracy as requested
· Provide leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, communication, and role modeling.
· Maintain and continually expand current knowledge base and awareness of the published literature across hemophilia and VWD therapeutic focus areas
· Attend scientific/medical/professional meetings for educational purposes and provide scientific support as required
· Assist in obtaining regional medical/scientific marketplace intelligence
· Maintain accurate, up-to-date referenced responses for most commonly asked medical scientific questions
· Maintain and expand the internal literature library and information resources
· Strong time management, organizational, administrative and computer skills
· Ability to maintain high level of ethical and compliancy standards
· Actively listens to others and is adept at confidently stating expert opinion while respecting the position of others. Exert diplomacy while standing firm on a position.
· Convert complex scientific information into lay terms and effectively communicate such information
Education and Experience
· Advanced degree in the medical/pharmaceutical sciences (Pharm.D, Ph.D, MD)
· 6+ years related industry experience
· Strong background in hemophilia and VWD disease
· Experience with hemophilia treating centers
· MBA degree, commercial experience or medical marketing experience desired
· Project management experience desired
· Pharmaco-economic experience or market access experience desired
· Ability to interpret and present complex medical topics
· Strong understanding of industry compliance guidelines
· Exceptional interpersonal skills in developing and managing key opinion leader relationships
· Demonstrated competency in providing answers to medical and product information requests
· Understanding of drug surveillance, product promotion, and the legal aspects of product information
· Ability to critically evaluate clinical literature
· Willingness to fully engage with high energy team in pursuit of organizational goals and strategies
· Willingness to thrive within a transparent work environment
· Ability to maintain confidential information with high regard for integrity
· Excellent oral and written communication skills while continually demonstrating high levels of interpersonal versatility within diverse populations
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Ability to build relationships and establish credibility appropriately
· Self reliant and results oriented
· Ability to effectively interact with and support all levels of management
· Ability to prioritize and successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to receive candid feedback and quickly make appropriate changes to improve performance
Technical Supervisor, Lab Services - Special Coagulation
Min Qualifications Bachelor's degree with four (4) years related experience along with a Technologist level Certification from either the American society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) or the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI). Must fulfill overall qualifications as a general supervisor under Clinical Laboratory Improvement. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Technical Supervisor, Laboratory Services supervises the day to day operations of a Clinical Laboratory Division or major function of a Clinical Laboratory. Possesses the administrative and technical skills to supervise personnel and coordinate operations, organize and improve workflow for the division, and communicate with staff, management, and senior leadership.
The salary range for this position is from $69,600 to $111,000 annually, commensurate with experience. This is a pay Band Code PC22.
Specific Job Related Duties
A truly unique experience in Coagulation Medicine awaits at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston. Come join an emerging, energetic Special Coagulation Laboratory that will be an integral part of a new and innovative Coagulation Disease Management Team for the UTMB system.
This position will provide numerous opportunities to apply your technical expertise of coagulation laboratory testing for the betterment of patients while learning additional clinical acumen via active participation in a multidisciplinary team interpreting daily coagulation results for clinicians. You will be responsible for overall development and validation of Special Coagulation testing to include regulatory and operational oversight. There is also potential, for qualifying individuals, to earn an advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D) through the UTMB Galveston Clinical Laboratory Sciences Graduate Program. So apply and take advantage of this remarkable opportunity, we look forward to meeting you. Preferred License/Certificate
* MLS(ASCP) certification (non-categorical) * ASCP Specialist in Hematology Certification (SH) Preferred Work Experience
* 4 years experience performing highly complex, non-routine hematology and coagulation procedures. * 2 years experience in a formal technical supervisor or specialist role.
#ld #lmd01 #cls #allied Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title:* Technical Supervisor, Lab Services - Special Coagulation
Job ID:* 52130 Location: Galveston
Business Unit:* HOSPT
Lab Technician For Coagulation Testing On ACL Top 500 And 700
Ayass Bioscience is searching for a full time medical lab technician who prepares laboratory specimens (e.g. plasma) for coagulation testing on ACL Top 500 and 700 for coagulation testing. We are looking for technician for a day shift and an evening shift. The job description includes:
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- (hematology) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances laboratory services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
License/Certification/Education: Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent w/1-2 years of experience.
Experience with operating ACL Top 500 and 700 instruments.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, clinical / laboratory environment.
DATA ENTRY EXPERIENCE IS STRONGLY PREFERRED.
Innovative mass spec validation on hormones , small peptide , antibodies
Lead Production Supervisor - Coagulation North (Building 18)
Supervise the activities of production operators to assure safe, timely, efficient manufacture of quality products in accordance with policy and procedures; coordinates with Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance to assure their timely support in maintaining, improving, and assuring the manufacturing areas, equipment, and operations are suitable and in compliance with cGMPs; supervises, trains, and motivates production operators to assure the development of a skilled, productive workforce.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities 1. Ensure compliance to cGMPs in manufacturing 2.
Establish adequate coverage to support the manufacturing schedule. Coordination of daily job assignments. Identify overtime requirements. 3.
Monitor, review, and complete manufacturing procedures and log books as they are being filled in on the production floor 4. Spend significant part of shift actively monitoring the operation on the production floor 5. Enforce plant and department policies and procedures 6.
Conduct weekly communication/training meetings 7. Ensure that manufacturing area and equipment is in satisfactory condition. Approve work orders and discuss issues with maintenance department.
Communicates issues with department Management. 8. Coordinate training activities with operators 9. Maintain a safe work environment. 10.
Achieve production requirements 11. Lead, coach, and discipline work force 12. Collect all pertinent data to support discrepancies 13.
Ensure trained status of operators prior to job assignment 14. Resource allocation decisions: - Facility: Coordinate; PMs, maintenance, calibrations
Equipment 15. All supervisors on a specific shift will perform annual evaluation for production assistants. 16. Weekly review of new union operators
Qualifications Bachelorâs degree and at least 5 years pharmaceutical production supervisory experience or Associate Degree or High School diploma with at least 8 years of pharmaceutical production supervisory experience and/or relevant process knowledge with demonstrated ability to lead. Ability to resolve conflicts, direct/train personnel, manages behavior, set priorities and understands the overall process of the department.
Efficient use of networking / proven decision making skills. This person is seen as the leader to other departmental supervisory personnel. Their advice and direction may be asked for in regards to the management of personnel and manufacturing floor operations.
Solid technical knowledge, can communicate vertically /horizontally, strong trouble shooting, understands cGMP and drives Quality culture. Clear understanding and administration of the bargaining unit contract; assists department management with scheduling and departmental projects / process improvements. Worker Type:
Employee Worker Sub Type: Regular null With operations in more than 30 nations and over 16,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring at http://www.cslbehring.com is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma at http://www.cslplasma.com/careers , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSLâs therapies.
Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally. We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the Globe and consider building a career that MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Become part of the CSL team today! If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click here at http://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo . CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo
Dallas, TX: Area Manager, Coagulation Products
With over 15,000 employees in 90 Countries, inVentiv Health offers best-in-class clinical development and commercialization services to global healthcare companies seeking to accelerate performance. Our people provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life.
CSL Behring is a global leader in the plasma protein biotherapeutics industry. We are committed to saving lives and improving the quality of life for people with rare and serious diseases worldwide. If you are seeking a position in a values-driven culture where you can make a positive impact on the lives of people who use our products around the world, learn more about the roles available with CSL Behring
INC Research/inVentiv Health is currently engaged in a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with CSL Behring for an Area Manager, Coagulation Products position.
The Area Manager, Coagulation Products is responsible for promotion and utilization of CSL Behring products and for managing all aspects of territory business development. The Area Manager Coagulation Products (MCP's) will also cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers to include: Health Care Professionals (HCP), hospital decision makers/influencers, specialty pharmacies and distribution channel partners.
In addition the Area Manager, Coagulation Products will create demand for promoted products while demonstrating strong clinical knowledge. MCP's should demonstrate a high level of business acumen to facilitate the development of new accounts while supporting the growth of existing accounts. Coagulation Product Managers will be expected to support appropriate patient education programs as needed.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Promote products and increase usage of products to select call points, including HCP's, hospitals, patient support groups, distributors and specialty pharmacies. Develops customer advocates for promoted products.
- Responsible for the development of new accounts and the growth of existing accounts through solid customer relationships, communication of technical product and disease state information, and effective territory management skills.
- Develop and implement territory business plans consistent with corporate direction designed to achieve/exceed territory sales targets. Appropriate knowledge of product features and benefits, competitive products and programs and distribution channels.
- Implement key marketing programs to increase market share of key promoted products.
- Maintain proper call frequency with assigned targets and update as needed to assure time is aligned with current product focus.
- Stay abreast of current clinical technical literature from medical journals and other information sources.
- Implement CSL selling model (PS2) with effective opening, probing, listening, and closing skills on customer calls.
- Actively work with patient support groups where appropriate, following CSL Behring SOP's.
- Stay abreast of pertinent marketplace issues and opportunities and effectively communicates them to manager.
- Represent CSL Behring at local customer meetings as appropriate to increase exposure of CSL Behring products and services.
- Regular travel required which may include weekends for select customer or corporate meeting and events.
- Bachelor's degree in business/life sciences or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years' pharmaceutical sales or required relevant experience. Demonstrated history of documented, consistent, successful achievement of sales performance.
- Experience with patient groups, specialty pharmacies and distributors a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate effective management of a large geography desired.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
Minimum Education Level
Client Direct Hire Please be certain to list your full name, email address, physical address, and phone number at the top of your submitted resume. Failure to do so will result in you not being considered for this position.
Associated topics: assistant general manager, gerente, lieutenant, petty officer, planning operations, project manager, sergeant, shift lead, supervisor, team lead
We are looking for strong candidates with great communication skills and a mechanical aptitude. Opportunity for advancement. Must be flexible to work day or evening hours Job Description; responsible for supporting and running pilot plant testing Must have attention detail and an organized approach to work Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills Skills desired for this position: Will perform polymerization reactions, homogenization processes, percent solids, residual acid testing, cross link density testing, coagulation processes, drying and particle size analysis Perform basic troubleshooting, maintenance and calibrations on instruments /equipment in the polymerization process/analytical test labs Will use systems such as Qualtrax, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and SAP to enter requests, obtain work instructions, enter test results or create and update SOP's Responsible to work closely with maintenance team, submitting maintenance requests when necessary, to insure regular availability of all necessary equipment and provide solutions to improve equipment efficiency Fully participate in safety and housekeeping duties
2-3 years industry experience Understanding of laboratory materials and instrumentation Self-motivated, innovative and detail - oriented Good written and oral communication skills Apply Today!
? With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance.
We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year. You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Asphalt Paver Operator / Screed Operator
The position should have extensive knowledge of paving operations, equipment, quality control measures, and standard procedures. Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform paver pre-check including all fluid levels per checklist before starting
- Work with screed operator for paver set up and set up automatic controls to ensure straight consistent joints on both sides – It's imperative to create clean lines.
- Maintain production rates and paver speed for highest quality optimizing trucking, rolling and finishing.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to paving foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist paving crew with quality control corrections while mat is still hot and clean up between trucks or during breaks in paving.
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that shift
- Post Shift – Clean paver and job, breakdown or stage the machine in designated locations.
- Train and cross train crew members as requested.
- Perform all paving aspects as needed
- Work as a team
- Experience preferred but not mandatory. We will train if needed
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sundays as well as work overtime during the paving season
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and more.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work sites.
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!